ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB DYLAN - Modern Times Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th September 2006 03:37 PM
pdog How many posts must a man make, before the thread reaches 500?
The answer is postin' in the wind!
5th September 2006 03:45 PM
Martha How many times indeed! Good one pdog. :-)
5th September 2006 03:48 PM
Martha
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
If this is a repeat- forgive me...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...606692392074342

Crap....I HATE my computer....nothing like this will work for me. Any animation is out of Ole' Bessie's league. :-(

Thanks though. It's the thought that keeps me goin!

5th September 2006 03:53 PM
Martha www.theage.com.au

Fans rave over Dylan album 31

By Patrick Donovan
September 5, 2006

"YOU think I'm over the hill, you think I'm past my prime?" asks Bob Dylan on his new album Modern Times, before replying defiantly: "Let me see what you got, we can have a whoppin' good time."

According to Australian music fans, Dylan has still got it on his 31st studio album — his first in five years. Yesterday, it debuted at the top of the ARIA album chart, nudging out Australian country queen Kasey Chambers and pop princesses Pink and Christina Aguilera.

It is 27 years since Dylan, 65, debuted at No. 1 in Australia with 1979's Slow Train Coming, and almost 40 years since his first chart topper, 1968's John Wesley Harding.

Modern Times has received mostly rave reviews around the world. It caps off a big couple of years for Dylan that included the release of his memoirs, Chronicles: Vol 1, the Martin Scorsese documentary No Direction Home and his job as a radio DJ.

www.bobdylan.com

5th September 2006 04:09 PM
Martha Finally got the Allman set list from Friday night. Very nice show in spite of the constant rain....and cold temps.

Sep 1, 2006 (Fri)
The Allman Brothers Band Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, Colorado

SET:

1. Don't Want You No More
2. It's Not My Cross To Bear
3. Southbound
4. Revival
5. Who's Been Talking
6. Trouble No More
7. Midnight Rider/with Devon Allman, guitar
8. Anyday/with James van der Bogert, drums
9. The Same Thing
10. Hot 'Lanta
11. I Walk On Guilded Splinters
12. Statesboro Blues
13. Dreams
14. The Weight/with Danny Louis, keyboards; Andy Hess, bass
15. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
Encore
16. One Way Out
5th September 2006 04:24 PM
Zeeta Whilst we're on Dylan I thought I'd post my favourite pic of him:

Cool bastard!

This is the Triumph he fell off when he had his "Motorcycle Accident". This is him at Woodstock c1965...

Haaven't got his new one yet, gonna wait til you guys have fully reviewed it and the price has come down!LOL

5th September 2006 04:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Whilst we're on Dylan I thought I'd post my favourite pic of him:

Cool bastard!

This is the Triumph he fell off when he had his "Motorcycle Accident". This is him at Woodstock c1965...

Haaven't got his new one yet, gonna wait til you guys have fully reviewed it and the price has come down!LOL

Don't wait...Go out and get it...It's well worth the money
5th September 2006 04:41 PM
Soldatti According with early US sales numbers (35% of the total chart) the album is #1 with over 61k sold. Almost 200k are expected!
5th September 2006 04:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
According with early US sales numbers (35% of the total chart) the album is #1 with over 61k sold. Almost 200k are expected!

We've been waiting for your numbers, Soldatti!!
5th September 2006 05:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
According with early US sales numbers (35% of the total chart) the album is #1 with over 61k sold. Almost 200k are expected!

Why is the billboard chart not published yet? I thought the US sales week ran from Tuesday to Monday?
5th September 2006 05:36 PM
Saint Sway I think its wrong that folks are pushing this thread to reach the 500 post limit just so that JB will ban himself for one day.

JB is a integral member of this site.

His posting skills are top notch. No one questions concert attendance numbers with such dedication and passion! And his deletions are the stuff of internet legend!

Plus, I firmly believe that further posting on his behalf can only aid in improving his spelling.
5th September 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway I just want to reiterate that I think its wrong that some folks are trying to up the post count of this thread just to have JB banned for a day.
5th September 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway seriously. I think its wrong.
5th September 2006 05:38 PM
Saint Sway lets show JB some love!!
5th September 2006 05:38 PM
Gazza Its been overlooked by some that he..er..CAN'T actually 'ban' himself
5th September 2006 05:42 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its been overlooked by some that he..er..CAN'T actually 'ban' himself

why havent you banned me yet????

I contribute nill to this site!
5th September 2006 06:12 PM
pdog I need to do something productive...
5th September 2006 06:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
I need to do something productive...

taken from Pug's "How To Greet" thread:

Create signs, menus, business cards and directions that are clear and readable. These materials should not be cute or fancy -- just easy to read and understand.

Fine-tune phone receptionists' impressions. The person who answers the telephone for your business should have a very nice voice, be easy to understand and treat all callers as if they are royalty.
5th September 2006 06:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

why havent you banned me yet????

I contribute nill to this site!

I'll ban you at my own leisure and when you least expect or want it!
[Edited by Gazza]
5th September 2006 06:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll ban you at my own leisure and when you least expect or want it!

OK. (wink wink)

I've only told a select few about how you secretly lifted the 90-second post rule just for me

thanks again btw!
5th September 2006 08:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Why is the billboard chart not published yet? I thought the US sales week ran from Tuesday to Monday?

Soundscan count the sales on Monday (small stores) and Tuesday (the big ones), the numbers are published by Billboard on Wednesday morning. Right now, with 95% of the count done, Bob scanned over 190k and the #2 only 123k. He could reach the 200k mark tomorrow, of course he's officially #1, the first time since Desire.
5th September 2006 08:29 PM
Madafaka This is the best non Stones thread in the RO History! (?)
5th September 2006 08:29 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Sorry, Madafaka. Just spotted this now.

It's very good. Any "M&A" recording is good. The handle to watch for is "stealthtaper". Click on the name to view all their gems.

No prob! Thank you for the advise.
I'm under a Dylan fever!
5th September 2006 08:32 PM
pdog I got that Dylan fever too!
5th September 2006 08:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
This is the best non Stones thread in the RO History! (?)

...because there's a reward!

5th September 2006 08:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

...because there's a reward!

Dylan is my reward!
5th September 2006 08:44 PM
Madafaka
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dylan is my reward!

Mine too!
5th September 2006 08:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Soundscan count the sales on Monday (small stores) and Tuesday (the big ones), the numbers are published by Billboard on Wednesday morning. Right now, with 95% of the count done, Bob scanned over 190k and the #2 only 123k. He could reach the 200k mark tomorrow, of course he's officially #1, the first time since Desire.

Incredible achievement in this day and age for a guy of 65 who's not exactly up there with the Eagles, etc when it comes to record sales and middle of the road appeal.

It'll only be for one week I'm sure as Beyonce will knock it off the top next week, but Dylan entering the US charts with a #1 album after 30 years is not something I'd ever have imagined I'd see
5th September 2006 09:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

And I am sure you will bring the official tally to this thread as soon as possible, right Soldatti?!!!
5th September 2006 09:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
I got that Dylan fever too!

Seems to be many of us with the fever!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)