ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB DYLAN - Modern Times Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th September 2006 09:24 PM
Martha
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Ya know I really don't want this thread to get to 500. This has been way to much fun for us Dylan fanatics

I guess we could just take over the other 3 threads that have been started and then we should be able to explore all the Dylan material out there we've missed

You do your name PROUD sister!

It's a Party NOW!

:-)

Oh, I won't be able to post until next Tuesday unless we have access at the hotels. :-(
6th September 2006 10:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
Must go checky.........

got a copy. I'll get back to you shortly...
6th September 2006 10:28 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

got a copy. I'll get back to you shortly...

Holy Moly Batman!

6th September 2006 10:29 PM
Martha I'm swooning over page 74.

6th September 2006 10:46 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'm swooning over page 74.

keep an eye on your e-mail...
6th September 2006 11:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bob Dylan has a brand new album debuting at number #1.

In the year 2006.

With music that sounds like it came from 1931.

How improbable is that?

Maybe the world isn't as fucked up as I thought it was....

7th September 2006 08:01 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bob Dylan has a brand new album debuting at number #1.

In the year 2006.

With music that sounds like it came from 1931.

How improbable is that?

Maybe the world isn't as fucked up as I thought it was....

if only music had as much 'power' as it used to...
7th September 2006 08:02 AM
lotsajizz c'mon...30-or so to go!!

7th September 2006 08:36 AM
Nasty Habits
7th September 2006 09:17 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

keep an eye on your e-mail...

My Dylan eye?

7th September 2006 09:23 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

if only music had as much 'power' as it used to...

If only people would claim their personal power and decide to live in peace rather than war (which we have been brainwashed into thinking and behaving)...now there's an idea!

To live in peace would mean each person must mature along spiritual lines....and give up wanting to fight, argue and "be right". Tall order I know but absolutley doable...if one truly wants peace that is.

Ok, I must hit the road in time to hide in Joey's underware drawer later on today!

We will Meet and Greet!

Then............2 glorious nights of Bob!!!!

xxoo,
Martha

"I'm in a cowboy band."

7th September 2006 09:30 AM
Martha More!!!!

----------------------------

Dylan has first No. 1 in 30 years
POSTED: 1255 GMT (2055 HKT), September 7, 2006

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Bob Dylan reached the top of the U.S. pop albums chart for the first time in 30 years on Wednesday, becoming the oldest living person to launch a new disc at No. 1.

The 65-year-old rock poet's latest album, "Modern Times," sold 192,000 copies in the week ended September 3, his best sales week since tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan started using its point-of-sales data to collate the charts in 1991.

Johnny Cash and Ray Charles both had No. 1 albums in recent years, but they were released posthumously.

"We couldn't be more thrilled that fans have responded to it so enthusiastically by putting Bob at No. 1, which is where he belongs," said Steve Barnett, the chairman of Dylan's Columbia Records label.

Dylan last reached No. 1 in 1976 with his album "Desire," which led the field for five weeks. At the time, he was on his Rolling Thunder Revue tour and winning publicity for his protest tune "Hurricane." His other chart-toppers were the 1975 classic "Blood on the Tracks," and 1974's "Planet Waves."

Internationally, "Modern Times" opened at No. 1 in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway and Switzerland, according to Columbia.

In Britain, it debuted at No. 3 with the best one-week sales tally of Dylan's career, 55,000 units, the label said.

Dylan has been on a creative and commercial roll since 1997, when he released "Time Out of Mind," a darkly comical look at death. It opened at No. 10, selling 101,600 copies, and went on to win the Grammy Award for album of the year. His 2001 follow-up, "Love and Theft," opened at No. 5 on sales of 133,760 copies. Each has gone on to sell about 1 million copies in the United States, the label said.

Critics have heaped praise on "Modern Times." Rolling Stone magazine said his three latest albums "stand alongside the accomplishments of his wild youth."

Dylan has undertaken some unorthodox efforts to promote the new album. He is currently featured in a TV commercial for Apple Computer Inc.'s popular iPod digital music player, and he enlisted comely actress Scarlett Johansson to star in a short online film.

He has also paid attention to his storied past, writing the first volume of his memoirs in 2004 and authorizing the 2005 documentary "No Direction Home," which was overseen by director Martin Scorsese.

Dylan has recorded almost exclusively since 1961 for Columbia Records, a unit of Sony Corp.

Copyright 2006 Reuters.

7th September 2006 09:35 AM
Martha Bob Dylan a US hit
07/09/2006 07:25 - (SA)

Los Angeles - Bob Dylan reached the top of the US albums chart for the first time in 30 years, and only the fourth time in his career, according to sales data issued on Wednesday.

The rock poet's latest album, Modern Times, sold 192 000 copies in the week ended on September 3.

Dylan, 65, last reached No 1 in 1976 with his album Desire, which led the field for five weeks.

At the time he was on his Rolling Thunder Revue tour and winning publicity for his protest tune Hurricane. His other chart-toppers were the 1975 classic Blood on the Tracks, and 1974's Planet Waves.

Dylan has been on a creative and commercial roll since 1997, when he released Time Out of Mind, a comical look at death.

It opened at No 10, selling 101 600 copies, and went on to win the Grammy for album of the year.

His 2001 follow-up, Love and Theft, opened at No 5 with 133 760 copies.

Rolling Stone magazine said the three albums "stand alongside the accomplishments of his wild youth".

--------------------------------------------------

More Grammy nods a'comin'! :-)

Where's Soy Bomb!!!!!

LOL

7th September 2006 10:11 AM
Lazy Bones Enjoy the shows, Martha!
7th September 2006 10:15 AM
Gazza not half as embarrassing as it is for you..lol
7th September 2006 10:38 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
embarrassing thread.

your comments are always welcome...in this thread!
7th September 2006 11:37 AM
PartyDoll MEG Martha, savour every moment with Bob!!!
7th September 2006 11:48 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

do not gloat! Admit it - you will miss JB for a day

Damn! I'll miss to read "LA is still wide open!!!!!!!" or "U2 sold out in 15 minutes Dodgers Stadium!!!!!!!!" or "Humiliating!!!!" or something like that.
Yeah, that could be the worst day of my entire life

[Edited by Madafaka]
7th September 2006 11:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

do not gloat! Admit it - you will miss JB for a day

Of course. He is a fine man and a worthy poster. But a deal is a deal.
7th September 2006 12:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG I am now going on my long walk with Bob playing his music in my ears. See ya later....
7th September 2006 12:40 PM
paddy Nasty Habits wrote:
Paddy - are you saying that Modern Times is worse than:

Saved
Empire Burlesque
Down in the Groove
Self Portrait
Traveling Wilburys #3
Real Live
Budakon
Knocked Out Loaded

after another couple of plays of MT,the answer is YES TO ALL
7th September 2006 01:18 PM
justinkurian
7th September 2006 02:50 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
paddy wrote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Paddy - are you saying that Modern Times is worse than:

Saved
Empire Burlesque
Down in the Groove
Self Portrait
Traveling Wilburys #3
Real Live
Budakon
Knocked Out Loaded

after another couple of plays of MT,the answer is YES TO ALL

Crazy! Well, you keep Emotionally Yours and I'll take Thunder on the Mountain and I'll be happy to call it even.

7th September 2006 03:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
7th September 2006 03:43 PM
Saint Sway I am currently enjoying the record

but I will miss JB posting tomorrow
7th September 2006 04:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG Interesting tidbit!!

Ryan Adams to play Bob Dylan tribute
Patti Smith set to perform too

Ryan Adams is set to play at a Bob Dylan tribute concert in New York.

'The Music of Bob Dylan' is due to take place at the Avery Fisher Hall at the Lincoln Centre on November 9.

The tribute, which also includes Patti Smith Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Cat Power, will raise money for charity Musicforyouth.org.

The full line up will be:

Patti Smith
Seal
Phil Lesh
Cat Power
Rosanne Cash
Ryan Adams
Phillip Glass
Joan Osborne
Aleen Toussaint
Jay Farrar
Sandra Bernhard
Jill Sobule
Bob Mould
Warren Haynes
Chris & Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes
Al Kooper & The Funky Faculty
Raul Midon
Medeski Martin & Wood
Natalie Merchant
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Lauren Shira
Jamie Saft Trio
Lee Ranaldo Project

Sorry Sway, if you already posted this-gets us one post closer-lol
7th September 2006 04:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Chris & Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes

I'm SO there!

gonna be a great night of music. This is one of the better tribute lineups to be put together in recent years.

I'm hoping Bob makes a cameo
7th September 2006 04:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm SO there!

gonna be a great night of music. This is one of the better tribute lineups to be put together in recent years.

I'm hoping Bob makes a cameo

Yes you, lucky devil...Looks like a great show
7th September 2006 05:11 PM
mrhipfl Whoops, wrong thread!
7th September 2006 05:12 PM
Some Guy I still own no Dylan.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)