ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 2nd, 2005 12:50 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
See....a polite way to say NO.

A clear and direct way to say no, I think. I haven't enough place, the truth is only one.

Annie Lennox is great!
July 2nd, 2005 12:52 PM
Madafaka Wow... Bon Jovi has my mom's cut hair...
July 2nd, 2005 12:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
We should replace the United Nations.

Yes. We should. We could Make Poverty History by sacking all the corrupt powerabusers in Africa. Men should listen to women, I've said it before .
July 2nd, 2005 12:55 PM
glencar I'd love to see that happen.
July 2nd, 2005 12:56 PM
LadyJane Bon Jovi SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gazza, you watching Philly?? HeHe.

Angie...I agree with you 100%.

This is SO much fun!!!!! Howe am I gonna pull myself together for the big family party in 3 hours???

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 12:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd love to see that happen.

Lol, me too...
July 2nd, 2005 01:02 PM
glencar Ashcroft sounds kind of "tired" whilst singing his huge hit.
July 2nd, 2005 01:04 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

A clear and direct way to say no, I think. I haven't enough place, the truth is only one.

Annie Lennox is great!

I thought I could stay at your house for the gigs over there in February.....
July 2nd, 2005 01:08 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ashcroft sounds kind of "tired" whilst singing his huge hit.

Yes, he did. But I remember seeing him on a festival about, what, 6 years ago or something (?), and it was much worse. They were the closing act, top of the bill, and plainly embarrassing.
July 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM
glencar This time he started off fine & the kind of meandered into nothingness. I just got home so I missed Annie Lennox. What songs did she do?
July 2nd, 2005 01:12 PM
Madafaka UB-40 in London right now!
July 2nd, 2005 01:23 PM
Madafaka Shakira is shaking her ass in Paris right now.
July 2nd, 2005 01:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG I knew the boys wouldn't be missing Her!
July 2nd, 2005 01:25 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
This time he started off fine & the kind of meandered into nothingness. I just got home so I missed Annie Lennox. What songs did she do?

Why (immense version, chills, her on piano, with pics of African kids behind here. sounds cheesy, but it wasn't)

Little Bird

Sweet Dreams
July 2nd, 2005 01:30 PM
JesusMe god damn I am watching Brian Wilson (beach boys) in Berlin now, it is the most pathetic thing I ever saw, it is basically Brian Wilson sitting at his Keyboard(which he doesnt play) and he claps(or attempts to clap) along with the backing vocals who do all the singing, it is really sad,,, and If you think Stones ticket sales are bad, I was just looking at tickets for his upcoming US tour, and he will probably be playing in front of 95% empty venues for most of his tour, and who can blame them, who the hell wants to see Brian Wilsons band, just sad, he really should give it up, he just doesnt have it anymore.....
July 2nd, 2005 01:31 PM
LadyJane I'd say Annie's "Why" was the best performance I've seen today!!!

Snoop Dogg rockin da house in sleepy London town.!! I like him!!

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 01:32 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
JesusMe wrote:
god damn I am watching Brian Wilson (beach boys) in Berlin now, it is the most pathetic thing I ever saw, it is basically Brian Wilson sitting at his Keyboard(which he doesnt play) and he claps(or attempts to clap) along with the backing vocals who do all the singing, it is really sad,,, and If you think Stones ticket sales are bad, I was just looking at tickets for his upcoming US tour, and he will probably be playing in front of 95% empty venues for most of his tour, and who can blame them, who the hell wants to see Brian Wilsons band, just sad, he really should give it up, he just doesnt have it anymore.....

I feel a little bit of anger in your post Jesus......
July 2nd, 2005 01:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'd say Annie's "Why" was the best performance I've seen today!!!

Totally!
July 2nd, 2005 01:34 PM
texile this is vj-commentary-hell....
kanye west is on and i must say, he's my favorite so far.....
he has an edge to his music and that's what a show like this should have to make it mean something beyond a good lineup.
nobody's mentioning mick so i will be surprised if he shows.
brad pitt.....the vj mentioned mrs smith twice in his intro;
July 2nd, 2005 01:35 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Totally!

Angie...I know I'm a redheaded Irish American..and you are a lovely blonde from the Netherlands...but are you really my long lost TWIN sister????

LOL

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 01:35 PM
JesusMe
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I feel a little bit of anger in your post Jesus......

I aint angry I am just telling it like I see it
July 2nd, 2005 01:38 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Angie...I know I'm a redheaded Irish American..and you are a lovely blonde from the Netherlands...but are you really my long lost TWIN sister????

Yes, I am
July 2nd, 2005 01:39 PM
keith_tif I don't like Bob Geldof and live 8!!
It's boring and too much longer!!
When is it finished?
July 2nd, 2005 01:41 PM
Angiegirl Yes, because the world is totally closed off till this is finished. You're right. Just a few more hours of your patience please, I beg you
July 2nd, 2005 01:43 PM
Madafaka Yannick Noah, the tennis player is singing... My god...
July 2nd, 2005 01:43 PM
JesusMe if I got a dollar for every time Snoop Doog or his bandmates said F--k, I would be a wealthy man, and his set is pure crap, it cant end fast enough.....
July 2nd, 2005 01:45 PM
Angiegirl It's all over now... Razorlight coming up, gonna check 'em out. After that Madonna!! Whooooo!! Hey, I was a great fan in the 80's when I was a teenager.

Oops, it's way past diner time, forgot to eat, howe 'bout that for a distraction! Pizza time!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
July 2nd, 2005 01:47 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
It's all over now... Razorlight coming up, gonna check 'em out. After that Madonna!! Whooooo!! Hey, I was a great fan in the 80's when I was a teenager.

A Madonna fan?
July 2nd, 2005 01:47 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Why (immense version, chills, her on piano, with pics of African kids behind here. sounds cheesy, but it wasn't)

Little Bird

Sweet Dreams

Now that I hope to catch later. Thanks for the info!
July 2nd, 2005 01:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

A Madonna fan?

Madonna did the first LiveAid a few days after nudie pix of her were published.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)