ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 1st, 2005 09:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I have absolutely Zero interest in this. Am I the only one who could care less?...heartless fuck that I am.
July 1st, 2005 09:49 PM
texile i'm trying not to be cynical but its a dominant trait -
another rock-star-ego-fest.......
the real issues and problems will be submerged;
July 1st, 2005 10:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh I don't mean to be cynical...I'm sure some good will come out of it. Some already has. Bush has pledged more aid to Africa and Macca got his own way again....a win-win situation. I just wish they'd forgive the USA national debt. I pay more in taxes than any other individual expense. It's crazy. The are other ways to help than money. You can go there...you ...and get your hands dirty....like the Peace Corp....just as an example.
July 1st, 2005 11:25 PM
Soldatti Well, nothing will change after the concert.
July 1st, 2005 11:30 PM
TomL I do the London show ,to see Floyd. But I hear that there will be a suprise preformance by Nankerachie in Philly. So rare.......................
July 1st, 2005 11:43 PM
JesusMe I really could give a shit about the cause, I have enough problems in my own fucking life(and besides I have come to the conclusion people have to help themselves out, you cant help people out no matter how fucked up they are),,,,, however the concert in London is gonna be fucking awesome...
[Edited by JesusMe]
July 1st, 2005 11:52 PM
TomL jesus christ jesus, smoke one and chill. relax.......drink to the salt of the earth.......
July 2nd, 2005 12:09 AM
LadyJane I'm watching Canadian coverage....Tokyo starts in less than an hour.

It's an event....Hell..I'm watchin' and PRAYING Mick does not sing with Macca and Gorgeous George.

Stones should play ONNYA!!! Dedicate it to Bono!!

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 12:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
...Hell..I'm watchin' and PRAYING Mick does not sing with Macca and Gorgeous George.

Well, Keith won't...and may his glass Always be Full...and mine too. (gotta go....to bed )
July 2nd, 2005 09:18 AM
corgi37 I'm watching it right now. U-fucking-2.

"We are'nt looking for charity. We are looking for justice".

"children dying".

"We can fix that".

"Dirty water"

"We can dig wells".

"Its your moment. Make history, by making poverty history".

blah blah blah.
July 2nd, 2005 09:22 AM
Angiegirl One love...
July 2nd, 2005 09:29 AM
J.J.Flash GODDAMNIT....if it wasn't for my mother who called me 5 minutes ago.....I woudln't be watching, in fact, I wasn't informed that MTV would air this.... and sure I would spend the morning trying to figure out how to play Little Wing on my black stratocaster....... Damnit....what have I missed so far?? I've seen Twat...I mean Bono..... and now in Tokyo, Bjork......
July 2nd, 2005 09:32 AM
Angiegirl U2 with Macca opened London with Sgt. Pepper, after that U2 with Beautiful Day, Vertigo and One I believe. So you haven't really missed anything
July 2nd, 2005 09:58 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
U2 with Macca opened London with Sgt. Pepper, after that U2 with Beautiful Day, Vertigo and One I believe. So you haven't really missed anything

Thank you my babe!

I thought I had missed our Jagger performing his brand-new FUCK UP posing with George Michael.....

I can't deal with that.....
July 2nd, 2005 10:21 AM
Angiegirl Okay, now you'd better switch off, while Bill Gate$ is onstage (I thought he'd do Money with Floyd...)
July 2nd, 2005 10:24 AM
J.J.Flash LOL
July 2nd, 2005 10:27 AM
J.J.Flash What if George Michael kisses Jagger like Elton John did with that guy who I have no idea he is.......Who's that guy by the way?
July 2nd, 2005 10:40 AM
christijanus
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
What if George Michael kisses Jagger like Elton John did with that guy who I have no idea he is.......Who's that guy by the way?

Pete Doherty, he had something with Kate Moss
Not that I know him, but saw it on the Dutch Stonesforum
July 2nd, 2005 10:52 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Okay, now you'd better switch off, while Bill Gate$ is onstage (I thought he'd do Money with Floyd...)

Zeer goed!
July 2nd, 2005 10:53 AM
Angiegirl Yes, I posted that there

He's mainly a fulltime junkie, couldn't you tell??

I'm loving the Stereophonics right now, Kelly Jones is soooooooooo friggin' hot!!! Oops, sorry. Thinking 'bout Africa, thinking 'bout Africa...
July 2nd, 2005 11:13 AM
LadyJane AOL.COM has got all the venues online. I'm watching Green Day from Berlin at the moment.

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 11:15 AM
Madafaka Focus, my dear princess!
July 2nd, 2005 11:16 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
AOL.COM has got all the venues online. I'm watching Green Day from Berlin at the moment.

LJ.

Me too, on Dutch tv live, Green Day rocks!!! Also, the audience seems much more into it, but maybe London would be too with some more powersongs...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
July 2nd, 2005 11:18 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Focus, my dear princess!

Lol, yeah, got distracted a bit. REM on BBC looks creepy as usual BTW, great antidote.
July 2nd, 2005 11:21 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, yeah, got distracted a bit. REM on BBC looks creepy as usual BTW, great antidote.

I JUST said that about Michael Stipe. He is WEIRD!!! Another pompous ass.

Green Day were great.

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 11:21 AM
Madafaka I awoke up 20 minutes ago and I don't understand anything yet. When PF will play?
July 2nd, 2005 11:34 AM
Angiegirl Near the end of Hyde Park show, after The Who. Dunno the times, but probably between 8 and 10 pm UK time?? Not sure what the ending time is of London show actually.

This is still to come in London from now on:

# Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

# Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

# Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass, Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves, Sweet Dreams

# UB40: Food for Thought, Red Red Wine

# Snoop Dogg: Songs to be confirmed

# Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

# Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

# Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

# Joss Stone: I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love

# Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama

# Velvet Revolver: Songs to be confirmed

# The Killers: Songs to be confirmed

# Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

# Mariah Carey: Make It Happen, Vision of Love

# Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You

# The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

# Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

# Sir Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road

# Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger
July 2nd, 2005 11:44 AM
Madafaka Ok Angie, thnx. I'll be waiting for:

Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose
The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley
Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here
Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

BTW, this finale could be weird... I don't know what MJ does with GM!
July 2nd, 2005 11:56 AM
Angiegirl First of all, it's still not sure he will be there, although Gazza said BBC radio announced Mick for the London finale. Anyway, we'll see, would be fantastic if he's actually there right.

The songs are indications, some bands have done less songs, or other songs.

Problem is, I want to see so much, like Placebo and Muse from Paris!! I so hope our Dutch channel will be showing these later on... Fingers crossed. My VCR is ready anyway.
July 2nd, 2005 12:04 PM
LadyJane Angie....go to AOL.COM..You can surf ALL the shows. I'm hopping from Paris to Philly to Rome to London. Very Cool.

VCR is set for the London Show. Can't miss the finale.

I'm hoping Mick is a no-show UNLESS he appears with The Rolling Stones!!!! I don't think I can handle the Macca, George Michael, Mick trio!!!!!

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)