ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 2nd, 2005 01:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

A Madonna fan?

Yeah, I even had a scrap-book, in which I collected all the articles and photos from the music mags. I still have it somewhere at my mom's house! I also had 2 large posters on the wall of my old bedroom. Actually, the very, very first CD I got (for Christmas from my parents) when my dad had bought his first CD-player in 1987, was 'You Can Dance' by Madonna. My brother got the new Stones album Dirty Work. Poor guy
He doesn't give a shit about the Stones, so it became actually my first Stones album on CD.
July 2nd, 2005 01:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Madonna did the first LiveAid a few days after nudie pix of her were published.

Darn, I haven't got those in my scrap-book!!
July 2nd, 2005 01:54 PM
LadyJane WTF...MTV isn't showing any of the performances!! Why am I wasting videotape???

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 01:54 PM
Madafaka DW was my first Stones album on CD too!
But I never liked Madonna
July 2nd, 2005 01:55 PM
Madafaka
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
WTF...MTV isn't showing any of the performances!! Why am I wasting videotape???

LJ.

At least, latin MTV is a piece of crap.
July 2nd, 2005 01:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

Hey Gazza

I'm watching (suffering through it actually) the Canadian coverage and I haven't heard anything official but everyone thinks that Neil Young will close the show. So that would be leading up to 11 pm Eastern... which would be what? ... 4 or 5 in the morning for you?

I have to head out for a little while but I'll check back in and let you know if I hear anything definite.

thanks, Jimmy - 4 or 5 am on weekends is about normal for me anyway..lol

We're getting Hyde Park on BBC as well as Philly, Toronto, Berlin and the Eden project show on interactive. I know that when the London show is over, they're going to show all the rest of Philly but I hope they show the rest of Toronto on the interactive feed because its a much better bill than the US one..

I'll manage to stay awake for Shakey!
July 2nd, 2005 02:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

MTV showing everything BUT music

Quel fucking surprise!
July 2nd, 2005 02:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

MTV Holland has barely been showing performances either. Lots of backstage commentaries, documentaries of celebs in Africa, background stories on the western politics on poverty etc.
July 2nd, 2005 02:06 PM
J.J.Flash MTV here is broadcasting live.......switching between London, Rome and Berlim.....
July 2nd, 2005 02:08 PM
LadyJane My God...this film from London is a real eye opener.

We really should be thankful for what we have.

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 02:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My God...this film from London is a real eye opener.

We really should be thankful for what we have.

LJ.

What do you mean Jane?
July 2nd, 2005 02:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG I think I need to skip Madonna! I've boycotted her all my life: never owned a record, seen her movies, books etc. and I just can't bring myself to watch her now. I think I'll enjoy Toby Keith in Philly. This is kind of fun. I haven't got a thing done today!
July 2nd, 2005 02:15 PM
LadyJane So many people starving Jay!!

So much suffering in this world!!

And we complain about the high cost of Stones tickets.

We need to be thankful that we have food to eat!!

LJ.

July 2nd, 2005 02:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I think I need to skip Madonna! I've boycotted her all my life: never owned a record, seen her movies, books etc. and I just can't bring myself to watch her now. I think I'll enjoy Toby Keith in Philly. This is kind of fun. I haven't got a thing done today!

I've discovered she goes better with hot pizza, give it a try!!!
July 2nd, 2005 02:17 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
So much suffering in this world!!

True.
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
And we complain about the high cost of Stones tickets.

And still rightly so. These things aren't mutually exclusive

[Edited by Angiegirl]
July 2nd, 2005 02:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG I can't get away from her! She is everywhere. Damn!
LadyJane I like Madonna, always have.

Smart, strong and talented woman!!

LJ.
Angiegirl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I can't get away from her! She is everywhere. Damn!

lol!
July 2nd, 2005 02:21 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I like Madonna, always have.

Smart, strong and talented woman!!

LJ.

Can you believe she's almost 47??? I'm getting old...
July 2nd, 2005 02:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG I'll take Toby Keith and "Whiskey Girl" any day!
July 2nd, 2005 02:35 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Can you believe she's almost 47??? I'm getting old...

she looks GREAT!!

DON'T talk to me about getting old!!! I not too far behind Madonna!!

LJ.
July 2nd, 2005 02:46 PM
Angiegirl Just saw an interview with her on BBC, up close she does look her age underneath the make-up, and she has a real cosmetic surgery-like face too . Consolation enough? lol
July 2nd, 2005 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Wow... Bon Jovi has my mom's cut hair...

He's always had a haircut like a woman in my family...
July 2nd, 2005 03:01 PM
Angiegirl Yes, he should take a look at your avatar, much better! Of course, the music would still be crap. Nothing can change that.
July 2nd, 2005 03:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
pdog wrote:

He's always had a haircut like a woman in my family...

Is that really you in your avatar pdog?
July 2nd, 2005 03:02 PM
pdog Just put on the webcast. Deep Purple doing Highway Star. I forgot how much I like this song!
Regardless of the cause and all the posturing for the cameras, my hats off to anyone and everyone who even bothered to put this event together. Look at the kids having fun. If this helps even one person live a better life in Africa, then I'd have to say it's worth it too!
I knew it was bad in africa, but I get up everyday eat and go about my life. I heard 6,000 people a day die in Africa. That's staggering. So maybe this ain't so bad? It's better than 8 assholes playing golf and worrying about how much money they're going to make for their empires.
Am i ranting? Probably, I just woke up, my brain is more scrambled than my eggs!
July 2nd, 2005 03:04 PM
pdog
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Is that really you in your avatar pdog?

That's me about twenty years ago...

This is me today, I'm the one on the left... The kid on the right is the future of rock and roll.

July 2nd, 2005 03:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG The Killers Rock! The lead singer is a kind of Mick-wanna be! They should be opening for the Stones- not Black Eye Peas!
July 2nd, 2005 03:05 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
pdog wrote:
Just put on the webcast. Deep Purple doing Highway Star. I forgot how much I like this song!
[...]

Fuck.... I can't believe I missed Deep Purple.... where's this webcast you are talkin' pdog?!??
July 2nd, 2005 03:08 PM
J.J.Flash Great picture pdog! Keep him away from rap crap and New Metal...... give him some classic hard/rock/blues/british heavy metal
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)