ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
10th June 2007 01:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

I didn't realize that Gazza...so unless you had the word in advance...there are no intentional attendees there for The Stones...very weird concept...the boys can just read the script...and still amaze those kids...and the lucky few Stones fans who already had tickets!!!

Well..the Stones were rumoured to be the headliners when the tickets went on sale, but so were several other acts.

The people from the boards who got tickets too the risk of 'assuming' it would be the Stones. I doubt too many others did.
10th June 2007 01:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
shattered! wrote:
is France on the same greenwich time shift or what? don't wanna miss the show being an hour late like seems I'm way too early now

France is one hour ahead of UK

Two hours until showtime
[Edited by Gazza]
10th June 2007 02:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i am ready for this show..it sounds like a blast.
wiil you post the songs 1 at a time or all at once?

We never post them all at once as most people generally dont want to know the setlist in advance even if we get it early

as for 1 songs at a time - it depends on whoever's texting the info. I dont want to encroach on someones enjoyment of the show so a couple of songs at a time is OK, but if they want to do it more regular than that, I'll be happy enough!
10th June 2007 02:16 PM
Gazza Update from Pauly at the IOW

"Fratellis were shit..now, waiting on Keane and then "the boys". Paolo Nutini was fucking excellent. Did a great version of "I'm The King of The Swingers" from 'Jungle Book'! One of the security guys just handed Sara (Beast) the D-string off Jagger's guitar - got it from the tuning room"
10th June 2007 02:25 PM
Dan
quote:
shattered! wrote:
what's happening here ??

The reports I am recieving say Melanie C delivered the best show of the whole weekend.
10th June 2007 02:26 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:

Jagger - who is well known for his savvy in saving a few bob here and there - is being joined on stage for a couple of songs by world-music singer Paulo Nutini.

Any speculation on what those tunes might be?
10th June 2007 02:41 PM
Gazza Amy Winehouse (who performed yesterday) has also been long rumoured to guest with the Stones, for what its worth.

a very young crowd down front, apparently - and from asking around Pauly understands theyre definitely more excited about seeing the Stones as opposed to any other act on the bill, such as Keane, etc.

More evidence to the argument that the Stones have missed an opportunity over the last few years to reach a generation of fans who know them, like their music but wo normally are priced out of seeing them
10th June 2007 03:20 PM
Gazza Keane are playing their last song now. Pauly has had a high failure rate of sending text messages so we might just get song updates every 2-3 songs.
10th June 2007 03:20 PM
G. The Cock Let's hope for another enchanted evening with the band!

It was really fun to text in from Nijmegen (what a show!!!), but now as my clothes have nearly dried from the Tsunami-like thunderstorm out there, I'm happy to watch the set from my pc at home again.

Nope! Wish I could be there, too!!!

;-)

10th June 2007 03:23 PM
Paranoid_Android quick QQQ...wil the Band have the entire backup w/ them...horns...vocals, etc??? Everything w/o the normal stage rigging etc?
10th June 2007 03:25 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
quick QQQ...wil the Band have the entire backup w/ them...horns...vocals, etc??? Everything w/o the normal stage rigging etc?

i would expect so...its no different than any other show.
10th June 2007 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
quick QQQ...wil the Band have the entire backup w/ them...horns...vocals, etc??? Everything w/o the normal stage rigging etc?

Of course. There even appears to be a b-stage too.

Great quote from Virgin Radio DJ "If you've been to the cinema this afternoon to see 'Pirates of the caribbean', kids - Jack Sparrow's dad will be onstage in about 20 minutes, doing his day job.."

[Edited by Gazza]
10th June 2007 03:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

More evidence to the argument that the Stones have missed an opportunity over the last few years to reach a generation of fans who know them, like their music but wo normally are priced out of seeing them

But then, as at SARSstock, they end up not living up to expectations, if not embarrassing themselves.
10th June 2007 03:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

But then, as at SARSstock, they end up not living up to expectations, if not embarrassing themselves.

Fortunately the IOW is a Timberlake-free zone.
10th June 2007 03:33 PM
Angiegirl I'm here. They can start.
10th June 2007 03:39 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fortunately the IOW is a Timberlake-free zone.

I'll go cry myself a river.
10th June 2007 03:41 PM
Angiegirl So now this Paolo Nutella is going to do Wild Horses with Mick? Great . Another Dave Matthews-moment...
10th June 2007 03:42 PM
Angiegirl Lol, Gazza, should I remove my post?
10th June 2007 03:45 PM
pdog Stones are actully going to have to win a crowd over.... Should be most interesting.... This was almost entirely sold out before Stones were announced.
10th June 2007 03:45 PM
Stray Cat UK MM ? WOW !

sc uk
10th June 2007 03:49 PM
Angiegirl Mick Magger?
10th June 2007 03:50 PM
fireontheplatter has it started yet has it started yet has it started yet?
10th June 2007 03:51 PM
Angiegirl No, heard they cancelled. Keith apparently is too sober to perform.
10th June 2007 03:52 PM
Dan I think Melanie would sound great on Gimme Shelter.
10th June 2007 03:53 PM
maumau
10th June 2007 03:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think Melanie would sound great on Gimme Shelter.

So would I. But hey, YCAGWYW right...
10th June 2007 03:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
No, heard they cancelled. Keith apparently is too sober to perform.

10th June 2007 04:01 PM
fireontheplatter has it started yet?
10th June 2007 04:02 PM
Angiegirl They're switching on the oxygen tanks as we speak.
10th June 2007 04:04 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
They're switching on the oxygen tanks as we speak.

That makes me think of the 1989 Jokes about the Steel Wheelchairs tour
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)