ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
10th June 2007 10:34 AM
Gazza

Setlist will be updated here as the show progresses. The Stones are due onstage around 9 pm as the festival is scheduled to end at 11 pm.

thanks to Paulywaul for updates

FINAL CONFIRMED SETLIST
1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKING
3. ROUGH JUSTICE
4. LOVE IN VAIN (with Paolo Nutini)
5. CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN'
6. AINT TOO PROUD TO BEG (with Amy Winehouse)
7. TUMBLING DICE

8. WANNA HOLD YOU
9. SLIPPING AWAY

10. MISS YOU (to b-stage)
11. SATISFACTION (b-stage)
12. HONKY TONK WOMEN (b-stage)

13. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
14. BROWN SUGAR

Encore :

15. JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

Festival info here :
http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Wight_Festival_2007

TV & Radio Coverage

Highlights of today's festival - Channel 4 (UK) 23.35 - 01.10

Radio coverage on Virgin Radio on the following frequencies :
1215 kHz
105.8 MHz (G. London)
DAB - (Digital One)
- 11D (England & Wales)
- 12A (Scotland)
Virgin Media: 915
Freeview: 727
Tiscali TV: 620
Sky Digital: 0107/0203
WightCable: 851/9

Online here (coverage from around 20.00 onwards):
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/festivals/isle_of_wight/index.html
(click "Listen Live" at the top of the page to tune in)

Note : It's only expected that some highlights of the Stones set will be included. There will however be interviews too, etc.

Webcam :
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/festivals/isle_of_wight/webcams.html

Today's Line-up

The Rolling Stones
Keane
The Fratellis
Paolo Nutini
James Morrison
Melanie C
Country Joe McDonald
The Hedrons

[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by Gazza]
10th June 2007 10:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Radio coverage on Virgin Radio on the following frequencies

Online here (coverage from around 20.00 onwards):
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/festivals/isle_of_wight/index.html
(click "Listen Live" at the top of the page to tune in)

Note : It's only expected that some highlights of the Stones set will be included. There will however be interviews too, etc.

Directly here http://player.virginradio.co.uk/core/player3/?nopreroll&preroll&service=vr&return=Updated%20your%20settings
10th June 2007 10:47 AM
mickmask Thanks for the links Voodoo!

Found this 'Message from Keith' on youtube...(mentions the festival)..
you be the judge..LMFAO.
-mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfNFcYnugg&mode=related&search=

10th June 2007 10:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Thanks Gazza, I just made a direct link

BTW, current song being played is dedicated to the Rolling Stones !!!
10th June 2007 11:07 AM
Gazza Just got a text from Jostorm who is there with her daughter ;

"It's a great festival. Scorching weather. Shower queue 2 hours long (you'd love it.LOL)). Melanie C just on (barf). Say hello to everyone on RO from their one and only female rep here. The girls would love i - so many humongously obese people here they make me feel positively anorexic. Joey would love the portaloos - they are brimming, and jb would slit his wrists at the high % of men far richer than him (less ostentatious though). Oh, and tell GTRM, Meg, LJ and Nanky I'm eating ice-cold watermelon in their honour. The only really bad news is that they have police dogs sniffing you for drugs on entering! boo-hoo! Will Keef ever make it in? "
10th June 2007 11:17 AM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
mickmask wrote:
Thanks for the links Voodoo!

Found this 'Message from Keith' on youtube...(mentions the festival)..
you be the judge..LMFAO.
-mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfNFcYnugg&mode=related&search=

Thart clip is very OLD!! It was shot at one of Keith's "island homes".
10th June 2007 11:25 AM
charlotte that's good reporting Jostorm...thanks Gazza for posting all of the info...you too Voodoo(hey, I did not get a call from you last night??)....what a wall painting!
10th June 2007 11:32 AM
SweetVirginia Live webcam here:

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/festivals/isle_of_wight/webcams.html?cam=0#webcam
10th June 2007 11:34 AM
mrhipfl I didn't know Country Joe McDonald were still around. They're the ones who played "we're all gonna die" at Woodstock, right? They kinda suck imo.
10th June 2007 11:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I didn't know Country Joe McDonald were still around. They're the ones who played "we're all gonna die" at Woodstock, right? They kinda suck imo.

he's still around but he appears to be without his 'Fish' these days.
10th June 2007 11:43 AM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Melanie C just on

I didn't wake up in time. Was the complete set broadcast?
10th June 2007 11:43 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Good..his Fish stunk even back in the 60's..can only imagine them now...
10th June 2007 11:44 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll bet jostorm did the "fish cheer" anyway.(Woodstock version, of course.)

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
10th June 2007 11:47 AM
Gazza

Our friends Paulywaul, Beast & BarroomQueen from IORR are helping us out with setlists etc tonight too.

"We are ..wait for it...front of fucking stage Keith's side....ran like shit when they opened the gates at 12 noon. There is a catwalk and a b-stage, estimate the catwalk to be about 50-60 yards in length. The Stones come on at 20.45 and play until 23.00. Keith's pool table has its own marquee. Mick has a white sofa - but no running track!Weather perfect, 25 degrees already and big blue skies. Wish you were all here with us.
10th June 2007 11:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

I didn't wake up in time. Was the complete set broadcast?

No. Virgin arent covering the festival until 8 pm. They wont be covering anyones full set either on radio or on TV.
10th June 2007 12:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Voodoo(hey, I did not get a call from you last night??)....what a wall painting!

I didn't do it I promise LOL I think I dialed a wrong number but it was a funny 6-hour conversation with someone with your same voice
10th June 2007 12:31 PM
LadyJane Hi Jo!!!

Drug sniffing DOGS!!!!!!!!!!

Sai, Nankyson and LJ would NOT be happy!!!

LJ.
10th June 2007 12:42 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the links, pics and info, guys! Woah...drug-sniffing dogs! Gazza, tell Jo and Paulywaul we wish 'em the best!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
10th June 2007 12:53 PM
GotToRollMe THE INN CROWD
AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2007
ZOE 10/06/2007

THE last time the Rolling Stones threw an after-show party, they were knocking back mojitos and bubbly in the £2,000-a-night Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio.

So you wouldn't expect anything less from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts when they rock the Isle of Wight festival tonight. Right?

Wrong!

They've instead chosen a £46-a-night Travel Inn for their post-gig knees-up, snubbing the trendier hotels on the island. Their celeb mates, including Kate Moss, Pete Doherty, Sienna Miller, Ronnie's daughter Leah and Amy Winehouse, have all received invitations to make their way to the hotel after the Stones come off stage.

One of the best things about the do is that the lazy celeb guests won't have far to walk - the hotel is just a Stone's throw from the main stage.

They have already booked out all the rooms to keep it private and security promises to be ultra-tight.

Guests cannot be promised lobster and caviar like the band's lavish party in Brazil last year - after they wowed a massive 1.9million fans with a huge gig on Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach.

But the band have decided to call in the services of a local catering firm to provide some canapes, rather than relying on the hotel's own Brewers Fayre restaurant. And it will still, no doubt, be the best party ever held in a Travel Inn. If it all gets a bit too raucous, guitarist Keith Richards has a house across the water in West Wittering where I'm sure the party could move on to.

A crowd of 50,000 fans will be watching the Stones as they headline on a bill that also includes Keane, The Fratellis and James Morrison.

Jagger - who is well known for his savvy in saving a few bob here and there - is being joined on stage for a couple of songs by world-music singer Paulo Nutini.

"We're digging what we are doing," Keith told me backstage in Virgin Radio's VIP room.

"After 40 years, there are absolutely no murmurings of mutiny and I think we will continue next year as well.

"People have been saying we're going to retire for 30 years now.

"But we're simply having a helluvalot of fun up on stage."

Good for you. Just keep rocking, Keef!

Link: http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/showbiz/showbiznews/2007/06/10/the-inn-crowd-98487-19274679/

10th June 2007 12:58 PM
Paranoid_Android OMG!!! Start Me UP...

What a great opener...who would have thunk it?!?

(in case I miss the start)
10th June 2007 12:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
So you wouldn't expect anything less from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts when they rock the Isle of Wight festival tonight. Right?

Wrong!

They've instead chosen a £46-a-night Travel Inn for their post-gig knees-up, snubbing the trendier hotels on the island.

Nice. Just when you assume theyre partyig somewhere plush, they block book one of the few cheap and affordable places on the island instead. No wonder its almost ompossible to get accommodation there!
10th June 2007 12:59 PM
akula so, what time do the stones come on Eastern Standard?
10th June 2007 01:00 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
akula wrote:
so, what time do the stones come on Eastern Standard?

-5 Hrs...or 4pm approx
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
10th June 2007 01:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
OMG!!! Start Me UP...

What a great opener...who would have thunk it?!?

(in case I miss the start)

Doubt you're far off the mark. A unique audience for a Stones show in the UK in that its not even a Stones audience (the festival was sold out before they were added to the bill). Expect a warhorse-heavy set for what will mostly be a younger crowd of Stones 'virgins' - and expect the Stones to blow them away.
10th June 2007 01:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
akula wrote:
so, what time do the stones come on Eastern Standard?

ET is 5 hours behind the UK, so 3.45 - 4pm.
10th June 2007 01:03 PM
fireontheplatter i am ready for this show..it sounds like a blast.
wiil you post the songs 1 at a time or all at once?
10th June 2007 01:05 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Doubt you're far off the mark. A unique audience for a Stones show in the UK in that its not even a Stones audience (the festival was sold out before they were added to the bill). Expect a warhorse-heavy set for what will mostly be a younger crowd of Stones 'virgins' - and expect the Stones to blow them away.

I didn't realize that Gazza...so unless you had the word in advance...there are no intentional attendees there for The Stones...very weird concept...the boys can just read the script...and still amaze those kids...and the lucky few Stones fans who already had tickets!!!
10th June 2007 01:23 PM
gimmekeef This will be interesting.Foreign press high profile event...The reviews may me tough...But I have a hunch the boys will deliver tonight....
10th June 2007 01:27 PM
shattered! what's happening here ??
nobody on for the preconcert appetizers?
elections?

le bonjour de shattered de france
10th June 2007 01:42 PM
shattered! is France on the same greenwich time shift or what? don't wanna miss the show being an hour late like seems I'm way too early now
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)