ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11th June 2007 10:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl the above with thanks to Gypsy (Getty)
11th June 2007 11:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

I thought it was Tim Ries...isn't that why people are complaining - that Tim's solos sucked???

Oh, I hadn't heard that. News to me...
12th June 2007 08:37 AM
Bruno Didnīt know Hanson was invited.

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks Gypsy! /Getty Images/

12th June 2007 11:12 AM
moy 12/06/07
Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones steal the last boat home
- Following their festival performance the band privatise rights to the 00.35am ferry home

The Rolling Stones infuriated revellers at the Isle of Wight Festival by hijacking their ferry home.

The legendary rock band and their 200-strong entourage took over the 00.35am ferry sailing from Yarmouth to Lymington yesterday, leaving hundreds of pre-booked passengers stranded.

Steve McInally, 36, from Coventry, said: "I was cheering them on a few hours before but I have been cursing them since."

Ferry company Wightlink apologised to the marooned festival-goers and laid on an extra 512-passenger boat at 2am to take them back to the mainland.

A spokesperson said: "We apologise to those hoping to get the 00.35am but this sailing was reserved for private use."

Sir Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts splashed out UKP27,000 to charter the ferry for the return trip.

They brought their own security team and four huge trucks carrying all their equipment.

The Rolling Stones' sensational performance at the music extravaganza on Sunday was their first festival appearance in over 30 years.

The rockers hired out the whole of Newport's Premiere Travel Inn for their trip, forcing all the other bands to move into specially erected tents away from the hotel.

12th June 2007 11:37 AM
Jeep Pictures from Festival official website :

12th June 2007 11:40 AM
Jeep

12th June 2007 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Pictures from Festival official website :

Good to see a Northern Ireland flag down front! Pity it wasnt mine!

What a fabulous set of photos. Thanks Jeep
12th June 2007 12:05 PM
Mel Belli Is that the *Republic* of Northern Ireland flag?
12th June 2007 12:31 PM
Straycat87 Great pics, indeed ! Thanks a lot.
12th June 2007 01:36 PM
mmdog
When did they add horns to "Ain't Too Proud To Beg"?
12th June 2007 01:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Is that the *Republic* of Northern Ireland flag?

Not sure what you mean. Its the flag of Northern Ireland. The "Republic"'s flag is green, white and orange.
12th June 2007 02:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot Say what you like about Amy Winehouse...it's probably all true anyhow. I don't know what all the hype is about. She sounds like a 1000 other chicks, IMO.

However.

I'd tap that in a heartbeat.

12th June 2007 02:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know what?

I just changed my mind.

Check out the wonderment in the young redheaded girl's eyes...she's on the rail, towards the center of the pic.

I guess that as long as The Rolling Stones can still do that...bring that look to a young person's face...then all the horseshit that goes along with Rolling Stones Inc. is worthwhile.

I still don't see myself ever going to another show...but it makes me happy that others can try sometimes and get what they need.
12th June 2007 02:24 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Its the flag of Northern Ireland. The "Republic"'s flag is green, white and orange.

Whoops; I had things backwards. Sorry, I'm Italian. What's the official title of the Northern Ireland political entity?
12th June 2007 02:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Whoops; I had things backwards. Sorry, I'm Italian. What's the official title of the Northern Ireland political entity?

er...Northern Ireland.
[Edited by Gazza]
12th June 2007 02:48 PM
Mel Belli Must not have eaten my Brain Food today. I thought there was a longish name with a connection to Great Britain...
12th June 2007 03:12 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Must not have eaten my Brain Food today. I thought there was a longish name with a connection to Great Britain...

Geez Mel straighten out will ya...First Canadian bashing now this?.....lmao....
12th June 2007 03:43 PM
jostorm
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know what?

I just changed my mind.

Check out the wonderment in the young redheaded girl's eyes...she's on the rail, towards the center of the pic.

I guess that as long as The Rolling Stones can still do that...bring that look to a young person's face...then all the horseshit that goes along with Rolling Stones Inc. is worthwhile.

I still don't see myself ever going to another show...but it makes me happy that others can try sometimes and get what they need.

I'm glad you finally spotted it. I'm a cynic through and through and was just simply blown away, it was true magic in action.... There IS an "us" and "them" after all, as maumau said earlier, and it was an absolute first for me to see it through the eyes of "them" non-fans.
And if you would be so kind to one day have a look at Youtube and search for Amy Winehouse and really LISTEN, you would see what an incredible voice she has...It trickles straight into your soul.
I was just looking for the Mick Jagger/Amy duet- how naive of me! Of course it ain't there as RSinc "owns" the rights and won't let anyone see or listen to anything EVER
without coughing up, how stupid of me......But I stumbled upon her version of Valerie on David Letterman, you can't listen to that or any of her songs without realising that she is on a much higher musical plane than any other female artist. I've loved her ever since "Frank" came out, my favouritre song is "I heard love is blind", the lyrics make me smile...Give it a try....Another thing I suddenly
noticed is how curvy she used to be,she must have lost about
15 kgs at least!Wouldn't it be tragic if someone of her talent disappeared with all the other young icons, it is tragic enough that the song "Rehab" (here she sings about her alcoholism and refusing to go in when her manager told her to has actually made her famous...)I can see trouble brewing ahead...
12th June 2007 04:07 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Say what you like about Amy Winehouse...it's probably all true anyhow.

I'd tap that in a heartbeat.

I'd say Ronnie and Darryl were saying the same thing in this pic. . .

12th June 2007 04:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know what?

I just changed my mind.

Great pics, Jeep!!
OMG..that looks like little LJ at the '75 show!!! Wait, I still look like that when the Stones take the stage!!!

LJ.
12th June 2007 04:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Wait, I still look like that when the Stones take the stage!!!

cool.

I still look like this everytime I empty my wallet to see the Stones and they open with "Start Me Up"

I
I
I
V

12th June 2007 05:19 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Sorry. That's not my bag. I don't like it and never will. If that is the direction that The Stones want to continue to travel towards, then they do it without me or my money. However, if they want to start kicking ass and taking names....every night...then I'll be there with bells on. Sadly, I think my wallet, bank account, and credit cards will stay safe from Rolling Stones Inc.

besides...you'll have more flint to spend on that hot rod of yours.
12th June 2007 05:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot >And if you would be so kind to one day have a look at Youtube and search for Amy Winehouse and really LISTEN, you would see what an incredible voice she has...It trickles straight into your soul.<

Well, I bought her CD when it first came out. I can't even remember the name of it now...that's how much of an impression it made on me.

I currently have a stack of about 50-60 CDs that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet. Can you imagine buying that much stuff, knowing that you'll never have time to listen to it all? I'm a weirdo like that.

Anyhow, with as much music as I own(somewhere around 13,500 discs), and as much music as I buy each month(probably around 20-30 discs...depends on how cheap I can get 'em), a CD has 1 chance to grab me. If it doesn't hit me on that 1st chance, or at least interest me a little...it goes on the shelf to gather dust...or worse, into the Totes Bin never to see the light of day again. I think Amy is in the box of stuff that goes on the shelf, or in the trade in box, I don't remember which. If I think about it, I'll give her another try...just on your say so. But I'll warn ya...I don't think I got all the way through it the first time, so don't hold yer breath or anything.
12th June 2007 05:58 PM
Dan I downloaded Amy Winehouse at Coachella and I kinda dug it. Doubt I would buy the CD though.
12th June 2007 06:12 PM
jostorm Yeah, I understand, but some CDs simply deserve a second chance from us, because the first time around we perhaps were distracted and not in the position of listening properly. If you listen to Love Is Blind and the lyrics don't even make you grin broadly, then I give up.
12th June 2007 07:00 PM
MICK_JAGGER WOH...why are there SO MANY amazing good quality, large beautiful pictures of this concert...why this one? im not complaining, haha but just amazed
12th June 2007 07:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot >but some CDs simply deserve a second chance from us<

Well, I can't argue with that. But honestly...I barely have time to listen to new CDs once, let alone 2 or 3 times. I understand about distractions, moods, et al. because I sure 'nuff got 'em out the yang. I'm sure a lot of good stuff slips through the cracks...but what else can I do? I mean, I don't buy a normal amount of music. When I go on a "mission"(a couple or three times a month), I come home with 10-15 CDs, sometimes more...not to mention what comes in the mail every day from internet purchases. I don't know how I can do it any other way. It's the best method that I've figured out. Suggestions are always welcome and considered. Except for my wife's suggestion of...quit buying so damn many CDs. That is not an option.

I guess what I'm saying is...if it ain't good enough to perk my ears up the first time, it ain't getting a second chance. I know that isn't really fair...but life ain't fair either. It's either getting traded in, or shelved. I haven't listened to a CD off the shelf in a couple of years. Stuff I listen to often goes in my "play" stack, and get's loaded into my iPod. When I get tired of it, it gets shelved, traded in, or binned.

I should also tell you this...I mostly listen to loud guitar music...rock n roll, hard rock, punk, rockabilly, garage, some metal...that kinda thing. With the exception of blues and reggae...I don't really listen to much quiet, introspective music. Loud Fast Rules baby.

Here, look at me and my car. Do I look like the kind of guy who is gonna go bonkers over Amy Winehouse?

12th June 2007 07:46 PM
Pepe Glad some children in the UK had their best rock lesson last Sunday and two kids shared the stage with the greatest band in the world. Thanks for the photographs they all are fantastic
12th June 2007 08:33 PM
White House Lawn Hey, Sir Stonesalot!

Give that Amy Winehouse CD another chance--you and I seem to have similar musical tastes and I really dig it.

I hope that a recording of the Mick/Amy duet surfaces--I'm dying to hear it!
12th June 2007 08:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ok ok ok...I'll try to dig it out when I get home from work tonight. I'll listen to it with headphones, in the dark. My family will be asleep...so no distractions.

I'll let you know what I think im der morgen
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)