ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st June 2007 02:09 PM
glencar
quote:
jostorm wrote:

I was going to let this pass by, but now that you mention it, glencar...

And who says I was angry??? It does take your own anger to read any anger into what I am posting, it's a figment of your imagination...Hint: the smiley face with a playfully-displayed tongue may have suggested a "joking" state of mind on my behalf, but I'm everything but angry....

The thing is this, glencar: personally, I come here to have some light-hearted fun.
End of story!
Other people's opinions don't "threaten" me, not even when they think the exact opposite of what I think. At best I may agree with someone else, at worst I may go : "really? hadn't thought of THAT angle before, hmmm, interesting!" But it's all part of the long journey of "learning" that we all go through in life. People refusing to learn, waste the best part about being alive....And the one thing I really can't stand in other people is when they are totally "closed up" and refuse to open their mind to new things, I mean what is the point in coming to a board like this and not learn anything from other people's point of view???
And it's not about "winning" an argument, or about a "truth". The truth does not exist, it is just down to subjective perception.
I don't have that much time to hang out around here, and it really depends on my work load. Some of you hang out on this board on your work computers for hours every day,and I believe you are one of those people, hence the very large amount of your postings. Now, if your postings were always in the sweet-natured, funny style of pdog (for example), that wouldn't be a problem. So, back to your "attitude problem", as Lady Jane kindly mentioned!
Yes, I perceive you in exactly the same way as she does,and I am convinced we two are not the only ones: you very easily declare someone's view as "total rubbish", the person as absolutely "vacuous" (insert glencar-insult as you wish), and you have a very "loose arm", that at the slightest provocation (i.e.: someone thinking somewhat differently from you) springs up and shows people the door, sternly telling them to fuck off, and usually directing them to shidoobee or encourging them not to be hit by the door on the way out.... Veeery angry, even subjectively speaking! And if that doesn't make you condescending, then I don't have a pair of lovely double D tits! So, if this is the style you have chosen to speak to people on this board, then that is absolutely fine by me, but I think that if you can dish out "attitude" and throw "hissyfits" at every opportunity, then at least you ought to grow a bit of a thicker skin.
No, I wasn't intending to be rude when I said your posting is thoughtless, I was truly being "cheeky", or "tongue in cheek", but on second thought I also think that I was being descriptive of the true facts. To put it bluntly: if your posts disappeared from here, they wouldn't leave a vacuum, I wouldn't miss them, but I sure as hell would miss pdogs, should he suddenly decide not to go near a PC anymore ......
So: DO lighten up, glencar, and do think about what I am saying before rushing into one of your hissyfits again.

First of all, it would help if you readjusted your posts so I could read them more easily. Secondly, I was not angry & am STILL not angry. It's quite possible my own cheekiness doesn't get across to you just like yours apparently doesn't get across to me.

I certainly don't put any value on your posts either. I find them to reveal a real flake & someone I feel no need to meet. That said, I will ignore your tripe & you should feel free to ignore mine.
21st June 2007 02:10 PM
glencar As for SV & LJ, I get along fine with them & I'm sure whatever disappointment they have with me shall pass. It really is your loss.
21st June 2007 02:22 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
As for SV & LJ, I get along fine with them & I'm sure whatever disappointment they have with me shall pass.

Very true, Blue. That's probably why LJ and I both chimed in. We know you to be a different guy than your posts to Jo implied...or were inferred....or whatever.

We should try to get a group together to see "Shine A Light" together when it premieres, no?

SV
21st June 2007 02:24 PM
glencar I would like that. November?
21st June 2007 02:25 PM
glencar ANd no matter howe she inferred my posts, I must be honest & state that she's persona non grata with me from here on in. I hate doing that with other posters but it's better this way.
21st June 2007 02:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jo-2
Glenny-0

21st June 2007 02:29 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
I would like that. November?

It opens Sept. 21, I think.

21st June 2007 02:36 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Jo-2
Glenny-0

Gee, too bad you didn't keep score when your flaky buddy was melting down. What, righties - 383, Wavy Gravy - 0?
21st June 2007 02:36 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

It opens Sept. 21, I think.

I can do that!
21st June 2007 02:53 PM
jostorm
quote:
glencar wrote:
First of all, it would help if you readjusted your posts so I could read them more easily. Secondly, I was not angry & am STILL not angry. It's quite possible my own cheekiness doesn't get across to you just like yours apparently doesn't get across to me.

I certainly don't put any value on your posts either. I find them to reveal a real flake & someone I feel no need to meet. That said, I will ignore your tripe & you should feel free to ignore mine.

You mean I should readjust my posts how exactly???
In the level of their articulation?
In the depth of argumentation?
In the sense that they tend to be longer than two ill-thought-out sentences that just "cast labels" on everyone else's views???
In the sense that I actually "respond" to what the essence of what the other person is trying to say by "reading and understanding" the whole thing first, and THEN thinking about it before rushing into an answer???
Because I do dialogues instead of monologues???
A very interesting proposition, but I don't think so!
Plus, I don't believe you were being cheeky, this is not the first time you have spoken to me or others in such an off-handed way,and then when challenged, have quickly retracted.
Anyway, I rest my case, and shall henceforth ignore you, which is what I had been doing for months anyway!
And no, someone that behaves like a 5 years old bully in the school playground does not appeal to me either at playtime during break, so we shan't play together anymore, but why exactly you think you can apply the label of "persona non grata" to me so lightly, really escapes me... It's actually condescension coupled with megalomania..

Shalom!

[Edited by jostorm]
21st June 2007 04:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jo-3
Glenny-0

And FYI, Flea asked me to stay out of it when I started to stick my nose in. So I did.
21st June 2007 04:26 PM
Fiji Joe Y'all need to lighten up...I would like to buy the world a coke, but, as I have no money, please except this poppin' n' lockin' little fella instead...Peace y'all

21st June 2007 04:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh Christ Feej...I've stopped counting!!!!!!!
21st June 2007 04:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh Christ Feej...I've stopped counting!!!!!!!

Is it because he's ethnic?...does this work for you?

21st June 2007 04:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
ANd no matter howe she inferred my posts, I must be honest & state that she's persona non grata with me from here on in. I hate doing that with other posters but it's better this way.

Persona non grata??
Oh come on.

Remember the way you and Sway used to go at it??

Whatever..I am Switzerland.

And yes...I'm in for a Summit for the premiere of Shine A Light. I can't get to Europe dammit. I sure as hell can get to NYC.

LJ.
21st June 2007 04:50 PM
Fiji Joe Please...people...Ron Jeremy holds the answer

21st June 2007 04:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Unfortunately..."the answer" isn't the only thing Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremey holds.

(photo of Ron Jeremey holding his grotesque ballsack not included for the sake of everyone's evening appetite)
21st June 2007 05:16 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Persona non grata??
Oh come on.

Remember the way you and Sway used to go at it??

Whatever..I am Switzerland.

And yes...I'm in for a Summit for the premiere of Shine A Light. I can't get to Europe dammit. I sure as hell can get to NYC.

LJ.

There's no chance that broad's as funny as Sway. PNG from here on in. It must be done.
26th June 2007 09:41 PM
Mel Belli Sorry if this was posted earlier, but it's pretty solid:

27th June 2007 12:54 AM
sammy davis jr. Can't we all just listen to "Jump In My Car" ?
27th June 2007 12:55 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat 500...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)