ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
12th June 2007 10:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG Not much on youtube..did find this

Embedding disabled by request
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp9B0xtYgHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzslsMbFvw

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
12th June 2007 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks once more Gypsy Queen!
12th June 2007 11:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Not much on youtube..did find this

Embedding disabled by request
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp9B0xtYgHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzslsMbFvw

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]

Worst solo EVER on HTW and Satisfaction isn't good either.
12th June 2007 11:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Do ya think I'm sexy?

Thanks Gypsy
13th June 2007 02:40 AM
FotiniD I think those blow up photos of Mick and Keith will be written in the history of this board

Funny there are no reactions yet!
13th June 2007 04:15 AM
jostorm SS: gosh, THAT many CDs? and I thought I was bad with music-binge-buying ,and I only get a minute fraction of what you buy....I really can't see how buying THAT many CDs on average can be any good, even if you had a job where you could spend all day listening. It is a "gourmand" approach to music, mine's more the "gourmet" type. (And lovely car, by the way!)I thought you took care of people with acute health problems, or are you also a music critic in your spare time???A hell of a lot of good music surely must escape you if you approach it like that, or not?...Anyway,if it works for you, I guess it's fine...Still curious to read what you think after the second time...
13th June 2007 07:24 AM
corgi37 Jostorm - Your review almost made me grab my passport and go to Europe for some shows.

I can just imagine the kids going nuts. It must be refreshing for them to see a band interact with each other and the audience instead of virtually turning their backs on the crowd - which is what 99% of U.K. acts do these days.

The coolest thing for me is them kicking other bands out the hotel. That is wicked! lol - fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. Trumped up wannabes with odd haircuts "camping out".

I love it!

Love that kid in the photo. She might very well have had a life changing experience. Who knows? She might save up her pocket money and go and buy Let it Bleed.

See, thats the trouble with most of you. You've seen the band too much. So the slightest thing you pick up. Me? I've only seen them 3 times and each time was better than the last. Sydney last year was incredible. They did fuck ups, they played a set that people who have seen them 50 times would have hated. But i and 55,000 others lapped it up.
13th June 2007 07:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
See, thats the trouble with most of you. You've seen the band too much. So the slightest thing you pick up. Me? I've only seen them 3 times and each time was better than the last. Sydney last year was incredible. They did fuck ups, they played a set that people who have seen them 50 times would have hated. But i and 55,000 others lapped it up.

My feelings exactly. Intimacy breeds contempt and all.
13th June 2007 07:35 AM
corgi37 I mean, have a look at this clip. These lucky young folk, who as we all know, have to tolerate the worst music in over 50 years, suddenly find themselves watching and listening to rock and roll history right in front of them. This crowd looks like a South American crowd. They are digging it. It's ok for some. Christ knows how many times they've toured the U.S. I'd be jaded too probably. But they've come here to Oz 3 times since 95. Before that, 22 fucking years! It's the bands own fault they havent got a youth base like U2, but maybe (doubt it, but ya never know) a reaction to them by the young crowd might change their minds for the next tour. I mean, charge whatever in the States. As many say, Bush has the economy rocking and people have never had it so good.

But, if they tour Europe again, drop the prices and the pimply ones will come.
13th June 2007 07:53 AM
jostorm
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Jostorm - Your review almost made me grab my passport and go to Europe for some shows.

(Psst: you'll have to get dressed first! )

Love that kid in the photo. She might very well have had a life changing experience. Who knows? She might save up her pocket money and go and buy Let it Bleed.

I'm sure you are right, and after the concert thousands of really young people may download/buy stuff by the Stones that they otherwise wouldn't EVER have done, shame there are no ways of getting at the demographics/statistics,...
13th June 2007 08:55 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Do ya think I'm sexy?

Thanks Gypsy

VOODOO!!! LOL!
13th June 2007 09:02 AM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Do ya think I'm sexy?

Thanks Gypsy

I'd do him.
Bring it on.

LJ.
13th June 2007 09:57 AM
gimmekeef Geez Mick looks like Count Dracula in that pic......lol
13th June 2007 11:02 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Agreed completely. I've only been a fan for a couple of years and have seen them twice, so experiencing the warhorses live in Tampa and Switzerland was the greatest thing ever. The warhorses still sound fresh to me and most people that go see them.
13th June 2007 11:12 AM
maumau
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I mean, have a look at this clip. These lucky young folk, who as we all know, have to tolerate the worst music in over 50 years, suddenly find themselves watching and listening to rock and roll history right in front of them. This crowd looks like a South American crowd. They are digging it. It's ok for some. Christ knows how many times they've toured the U.S. I'd be jaded too probably. But they've come here to Oz 3 times since 95. Before that, 22 fucking years! It's the bands own fault they havent got a youth base like U2, but maybe (doubt it, but ya never know) a reaction to them by the young crowd might change their minds for the next tour. I mean, charge whatever in the States. As many say, Bush has the economy rocking and people have never had it so good.

But, if they tour Europe again, drop the prices and the pimply ones will come.

nice clips corgi (all of them in the menu)
and, to my surprise, a lot of playing by both the guitarists even on the locomotion toystage where i've seen them take plenty of "pauses"...
13th June 2007 11:58 AM
PartyDoll MEG I can't even stand to "recopy" that atrocious photo of Mick, Voodoo!!!

13th June 2007 12:46 PM
Dan http://community.isleofwightfestival.com/forums/1/62565/ShowThread.aspx

Lots of great reviews here. I am only on the first page but my favorite observation so far:

"I agree, they were way, way over-rated... entertaining, yes. One thing that pee'd me off was the arrogance of all those OAP Stones fans pitching their tartan M&S picnic blankets in the arena taking up acres of space for the whole day to see THEIR rolling Stones. Personally, they can keep 'um !!!! They all sat on their flabby arses reading papers and magazines while acts like the Fratellis were doing a great set."

And the surprise hit of the festival winning over lots of non-fans

http://community.isleofwightfestival.com/forums/thread/63415.aspx
[Edited by Dan]
[Edited by Dan]
13th June 2007 01:38 PM
monkey_man
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'd do him.
Bring it on.

LJ.

Sounds like you had your chance! You never spilled the beans about whether you closed the deal on that one or not.
13th June 2007 04:25 PM
Pierre

13th June 2007 07:50 PM
angee My goodness, so many interesting posts!

First, on the camera issue Mick_J brought up, maybe there are so many good shots because no one had to hide cameras to get into the fest. Just a thought...more and better cameras were used, perhaps.

Next, not to start another world war but corgi, is this meant as sarcasm?
"As many say, Bush has the economy rocking and people have never had it so good." I don't know who you're talking to, if you're serious. Middle classes aren't getting raises, prez approval is way, way down, etc.

Last, LJ, is it my turn yet? Mmmm.

13th June 2007 08:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well Jo...I'd say that I get to hear a whole heck of a lot more and different music than most folks. I also go to between 25-30 shows a years too.

When I am at home, I have on the stereo, or the iPod. From the minute I get up until I go to sleep. If I'm driving, the stereo is on. When I'm at the garage turning wrench on my beast...the stereo is on. The only time I do not have the stereo on...is when I'm at work. Unfortunately, we are short staffed right now, so I get saddled with a crapload of overtime. But when things go smoothly at work, I have plenty of time to do my musical explorations.

I am not a music critic....although my Uncle is. His collection is twice as large as mine...and he has an equal number of vinyl records too! I get a lot of good tips from him...and he burns hundreds, probably even thousands, of CDs for me. That's why I only buy the amount of CDs that I do, I'd be buying twice as many otherwise....and I'd be in the poor house if I had to buy all 13,500+ CDs out of pocket.

A former RO stalwart who is friends with both my Uncle & I says that between my Uncle & I, we own the best private music store in our state. Oh, my Uncle and I also own more than 75 guitars between us, and 23 different amps.

For people like my Uncle and myself...Rock n Roll isn't just some silly diversion. It's a way of life.

Didn't dig out Amy last night. The wife was waiting up for me to get home. She had other plans for me. Better plans than listening to Amy Winehouse, that's for sure...wink wink, nudge nudge. I promise that I'll get to it though. A promise is a promise.
13th June 2007 11:24 PM
pdog I like my music too. I am not on par with SS, so I'm jealous as fuck....
I listen to music alot too. When I'm working the iPod is going. I got speakers in the bathroom so I can sing to my son when I give him a bath... My voice is good in there. I was fortunate enough to sing Him Lou's Perfect Day... I almost cried...
If I have a busy day, and dont listen to music... meaning with my headphones on, loud... I feel incomplete that day.

I'm jaded with The Stones too. I've seen them alot... I saw them more since 2002, than I did 1981- 1997 total...
13th June 2007 11:39 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I like my music too. I am not on par with SS, so I'm jealous as fuck....
I listen to music alot too. When I'm working the iPod is going. I got speakers in the bathroom so I can sing to my son when I give him a bath... My voice is good in there. I was fortunate enough to sing Him Lou's Perfect Day... I almost cried...
If I have a busy day, and dont listen to music... meaning with my headphones on, loud... I feel incomplete that day.

I'm jaded with The Stones too. I've seen them alot... I saw them more since 2002, than I did 1981- 1997 total...

Yep, total music freak here too. Don't buy as many CDs because I am a total bootleg freak and the obsessive collecting there kinda got in the way but I get all depressed when I think of all the things I want to listen to but don't have time as well as guilty for not checking out as many new bands as I want to.
14th June 2007 04:05 AM
jostorm SS:I understand your choice in priorities (wink, wink), just let me know when you get round to it, if I don't answer then get Gazza to send me a phonetext, it won't be cause I'm being rude, work sometimes takes over, all hell breaks lose, and I tend to disappear from here for weeks at a time...

pdog and SS: Yes, music is a big part of my life, too, but I would never manage 25-30 gigs a year, I'm a bit jealous, you must live somewhere where there are loads of clubs and theatres around you..Maybe I would if I lived in London, but I'm far to the North, in the depths of "sheep-shagging" country, and the nearest "city" would be Leeds, Manchester is about an hour away....Out of curiosity: have you ever heard anything by Arcade Fire?And if yes, what do you think?
14th June 2007 11:08 AM
gypsy Keith - courtesy of Dave Hogan:

14th June 2007 11:10 AM
LadyJane

GORGEOUS SHOT, gyps!!!

LJ.

14th June 2007 11:12 AM
Saint Sway can we all agree to lay off posting keef pics for awhile until he "makes a rag pile of his shiny clothes"

it saddens me to see him dressed like a poof
14th June 2007 11:12 AM
speedfreakjive i'm surprised he bothered doing the songs with the shortened setlist
14th June 2007 11:34 AM
Dan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well Jo...I'd say that I get to hear a whole heck of a lot more and different music than most folks. I also go to between 25-30 shows a years too.

For some reason I imagined you being like some of my friends who go to that many shows in a month. I have slowed down to about 20-30 a year from 40-60 of a few years ago.

14th June 2007 08:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jo...I'm pretty well situated to get to several large cities that have bunches of great Rock n Roll clubs. Philly, Baltimore, DC, Pittsburgh..all about 2 1/2 hours from my house. No, I don't mind the drive...you saw my car.

Dan...I'd go to more shows if my work schedule allowed it. As you can probably understand, with the travel time I have invested in going to a show...things have to fall on my days off...or I have to take off...which is fine...but I don't have unlimited amounts of benefit time, you know?

Jo again...I listened to that Amy Winehouse CD today. It was called "Back to Black". It was....OK. The lyrics are fine, the delivery...bores me to tears. Even she sounds bored by the whole thing. I know, I know, that's her style. I just don't like her style all that much. She seems to have some sort of Jazz singery vibe going. I'm not much for Jazz. I like Billie Holliday...but let's face it, Amy Winehouse ain't no Billie Holliday.

However...

It's nice to know that lots of people like her. It'll fetch a nice price when I trade it in...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)