ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP BRIAN JONES 1942 - 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th June 2007 08:44 PM
pdog I've heard good stuff about Arcade Fire... They just played here too, and I heard it was a good show... I don't know, they are just a little off my radar...
I'm digging The new Len Price and Tim armstrong discs.
Living in Sf, we have alot of shows going on....
14th June 2007 10:48 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Keith - courtesy of Dave Hogan:

Outstanding! Just beautiful, gypsy. Thanks for all the wonderful shots you've been posting!

14th June 2007 11:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Arcade Fire are just a little too slick and...I dunno, cerebral for my tastes. I don't hate them, but I don't go out of my way to make sure I get their stuff...just not my cup 'o tea. They are the posterboys for indie rock...like REM used to be.

Pdog...new LP3 is a cracker, ain't it.
15th June 2007 03:07 AM
FotiniD Another "thank you", Gypsy I'm spoiled with your photos, I've gotten used to expecting them after each show Thanks a LOT for posting those, they're fantastic.
15th June 2007 07:24 AM
corgi37 Actually, i am completely opposite to a few of you. I fucking hate music. Cant stand it. Wont give it a chance and dont care. I have only been like this the past 5 years or so. If i aint playing it, or if it isnt in my cd collection, i dont want to know it. Last cd bought was ABB. Total cd's bought from B2B - ABB. Grand total of 2.

Of course, i downloaded a shit load. Hey, i aint stupid!

Though lately, i cannot get "It aint a scene, its a God damn arms race" outta my freaking mind! Radio plays it about 90 times a day. Not my radio, mind you. I listen to talk back. One of the chicks i work with is 61 & she listens to modern shit all day. I cant stand it!

Now, time for my anal cream, soft warm milk, and off to bed. Gotta get up early for my sponge bath.
15th June 2007 08:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Outstanding! Just beautiful, gypsy. Thanks for all the wonderful shots you've been posting!

If that pic isnt worthy of header material, I dont know what is....
15th June 2007 09:50 AM
fanfucker incredible Keith's photo:
his guitar is his boat, his skirt the caribbean sea
15th June 2007 12:38 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
can we all agree to lay off posting keef pics for awhile until he "makes a rag pile of his shiny clothes"

it saddens me to see him dressed like a poof

That I can handle, as long as that devilish twinkle is in his eyes.What pains me are the shots where he looks like Blondie (like in the background of that Mick header shot from Frankfurt).
15th June 2007 12:51 PM
Lord (Hetero) Do you think Jagger has a wee boner for Nutini?
15th June 2007 01:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL Gazza HELP ME! I think nowadays it's very very hard to chose one, sometimes I think it's time to change the header at least twice a day! Thanks everyone who send or post pictures here!

15th June 2007 01:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

oh jeez, pass the pipe
15th June 2007 01:59 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh jeez, pass the pipe

Here, take the pipe.

You must HATE the new header!!!

I suggest you stay away from the Superblow thread, lest you'll be upset.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
15th June 2007 02:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Here, take the pipe.

You must HATE the new header!!!

I cant stand seeing my hero dressed up like CC DeVille circa 1989

in depth, heartfelt, brilliant prose being bantered about the subject here:
http://novogate.com/board/968/237140-1.html

Keith used to be SO fecking cool. He was just effortlessly cool for like 4 decades. And now hes suddenly looting thru Elton Johns wardrobe. I cant stand it.
15th June 2007 05:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Evidently Las Vegas Lounge Lizardwear is the new cool.

I guess no one else besides Keith & Mick got the memo.
15th June 2007 05:33 PM
Saint Sway Can you imagine what Charlie thinks of them and their Peter Pan complexes!

Ian Stewart just saw this pic and threw up in his grave.

16th June 2007 08:41 AM
jostorm SS (sorry for delay): well, I suppose that it always boils down to individual taste, and it is by no means obligatory to like Amy..But actually, I meant her first CD called "Frank",which I prefer to the second more commercial one.
I especially love "I heard love is blind", the lyrics just make me grin (and reminds me of myself trying to dig myself out of holes when I was much younger and only making it worse...)...

I couldn't resist him
His eyes were like yours
His hair was exactly the shade of brown
He's just not as tall, but I couldn't tell
It was dark and I was lying down
You are everything he means nothing to me
I cant even remember his name
Why're you so upset?
Baby, you weren't there and I was thinking of you when I came
What do you expect?
You left me here alone; I drank so much and needed to touch
Dont overreact I pretended he was you
You wouldnt want me to be lonely
How can I put it so you understand?
I didn't let him hold my hand
But he looked like you; I guess he looked like you
No he wasn't you
But you can still trust me, this ain't infidelity
It's not cheating; you were on my mind
Yes he looked like you
But I heard love is blind

Anyway....

PDOG AND SS: Glad you're both not bowled over about Arcade Fire either, although I have to admit that at times they are visually very impressive....

16th June 2007 08:54 AM
jostorm
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Do you think Jagger has a wee boner for Nutini?

Nah, I think he may be more reminded of himself when he was young and beautiful (and so unconscious of both), and what it must be like when the world's still your oyster and you have talent and are at the beginning of your future and it's all still in front of you, all so exciting....
16th June 2007 08:56 AM
jostorm
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Actually, i am completely opposite to a few of you. I fucking hate music. Cant stand it. Wont give it a chance and dont care. I have only been like this the past 5 years or so. If i aint playing it, or if it isnt in my cd collection, i dont want to know it. Last cd bought was ABB. Total cd's bought from B2B - ABB. Grand total of 2.

Of course, i downloaded a shit load. Hey, i aint stupid!

Though lately, i cannot get "It aint a scene, its a God damn arms race" outta my freaking mind! Radio plays it about 90 times a day. Not my radio, mind you. I listen to talk back. One of the chicks i work with is 61 & she listens to modern shit all day. I cant stand it!

Now, time for my anal cream, soft warm milk, and off to bed. Gotta get up early for my sponge bath.

You mean you don't dig a single new band???? Not even the White Stripes????? And very by the way, how's your family bearing up? Life's good, I hope??
20th June 2007 04:10 PM
Mr Jurkka Nice
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
20th June 2007 04:27 PM
glencar
quote:
jostorm wrote:

Nah, I think he may be more reminded of himself when he was young and beautiful (and so unconscious of both), and what it must be like when the world's still your oyster and you have talent and are at the beginning of your future and it's all still in front of you, all so exciting....

You think Mick was unconscious of his youth & beauty back when he had both? Howe naive. Totally naive. That rooster strut didn't come about "unconsciously". Please re-think before posting.
20th June 2007 06:35 PM
jostorm
quote:
glencar wrote:
You think Mick was unconscious of his youth & beauty back when he had both? Howe naive. Totally naive. That rooster strut didn't come about "unconsciously".

Yes,glencar, I do really think that when he was a lot younger he had that certain look about him of someone who isn't really fully aware of how good-looking he is, or of what effect he has upon other people around him, and which made him even more attractive, it's the way some teenage girls look, for example, I know mine does....not sure you understand what I mean...And don't forget that his thick lips are fashionable NOW, but they certainly weren't then, so perhaps having thick lips did lend him a certain degree of insecurity, plus he was really skinny and androgynous looking, not necessarily the "perfect macho-man figure" of the times...So, who really knows about his deep-seated insecurities (besides him)...and yes, I believe young, sweet-looking Nutella must have reminded him a bit of his young self....
Discuss!

quote:
glencar wrote
Please re-think before posting.

You mean like you always do??? If it wasn't for the totally thoughtless things you constantly post, you'd still be on post number 421.....
20th June 2007 06:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jo-1
Glenny-Nil
20th June 2007 10:30 PM
glencar Get serious, she's off her rocker. The guy had Tiger Beat & Rolling Stone Monthlies dedicated to him. He had his lips on the cover of Town & Country. Jostorm knows nothing of what she blathers.
21st June 2007 06:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Get serious, she's off her rocker. The guy had Tiger Beat & Rolling Stone Monthlies dedicated to him. He had his lips on the cover of Town & Country. Jostorm knows nothing of what she blathers.

You need to SERIOUSLY think before you post.
Disagreeing is one thing, but this condescending, dismissive attitute (which has been directed at me in the past on at least one occastion) is NOT appreciated.

You seem very bitter and tense lately, Blue.
Lighten up.

LJ.
21st June 2007 07:18 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please re-think before posting.

Glenny, Jo puts quite a bit of thought into her posts...and they are thought-provoking. (and usually funny, too!)

SV

21st June 2007 11:57 AM
glencar I meant re-think before posting in anger! I did not mean she wasn't thinking when she made the initial post. I did NOT want to get into a flame war over this. I therefore do not consider it condescending. And please ask her about the "totally thoughtless" things I post. That's at least as rude as anything I said.
[Edited by glencar]
21st June 2007 12:31 PM
Saint Sway why is Keith wearing a lime green comberbun???
21st June 2007 12:38 PM
glencar So he has something to connect that silly chain to!
21st June 2007 01:45 PM
jostorm
quote:
glencar wrote:
I meant re-think before posting in anger! I did not mean she wasn't thinking when she made the initial post. I did NOT want to get into a flame war over this. I therefore do not consider it condescending. And please ask her about the "totally thoughtless" things I post. That's at least as rude as anything I said.
[Edited by glencar]

I was going to let this pass by, but now that you mention it, glencar...

And who says I was angry??? It does take your own anger to read any anger into what I am posting, it's a figment of your imagination...Hint: the smiley face with a playfully-displayed tongue may have suggested a "joking" state of mind on my behalf, but I'm everything but angry....

The thing is this, glencar: personally, I come here to have some light-hearted fun.
End of story!
Other people's opinions don't "threaten" me, not even when they think the exact opposite of what I think. At best I may agree with someone else, at worst I may go : "really? hadn't thought of THAT angle before, hmmm, interesting!" But it's all part of the long journey of "learning" that we all go through in life. People refusing to learn, waste the best part about being alive....And the one thing I really can't stand in other people is when they are totally "closed up" and refuse to open their mind to new things, I mean what is the point in coming to a board like this and not learn anything from other people's point of view???
And it's not about "winning" an argument, or about a "truth". The truth does not exist, it is just down to subjective perception.
I don't have that much time to hang out around here, and it really depends on my work load. Some of you hang out on this board on your work computers for hours every day,and I believe you are one of those people, hence the very large amount of your postings. Now, if your postings were always in the sweet-natured, funny style of pdog (for example), that wouldn't be a problem. So, back to your "attitude problem", as Lady Jane kindly mentioned!
Yes, I perceive you in exactly the same way as she does,and I am convinced we two are not the only ones: you very easily declare someone's view as "total rubbish", the person as absolutely "vacuous" (insert glencar-insult as you wish), and you have a very "loose arm", that at the slightest provocation (i.e.: someone thinking somewhat differently from you) springs up and shows people the door, sternly telling them to fuck off, and usually directing them to shidoobee or encourging them not to be hit by the door on the way out.... Veeery angry, even subjectively speaking! And if that doesn't make you condescending, then I don't have a pair of lovely double D tits! So, if this is the style you have chosen to speak to people on this board, then that is absolutely fine by me, but I think that if you can dish out "attitude" and throw "hissyfits" at every opportunity, then at least you ought to grow a bit of a thicker skin.
No, I wasn't intending to be rude when I said your posting is thoughtless, I was truly being "cheeky", or "tongue in cheek", but on second thought I also think that I was being descriptive of the true facts. To put it bluntly: if your posts disappeared from here, they wouldn't leave a vacuum, I wouldn't miss them, but I sure as hell would miss pdogs, should he suddenly decide not to go near a PC anymore ......
So: DO lighten up, glencar, and do think about what I am saying before rushing into one of your hissyfits again.
21st June 2007 01:51 PM
jostorm To LJ and SV: thank you girls, it wasn't strictly necessary, but you have given a nice feeling of acceptance and knowing to my little heart...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)