ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th June 2006 11:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man Right then, with only a short period of time until Germany 06 starts, I thought we'd do the same as in 2002 and have just one thread dedicated to the greatest sporting competition on earth. The thread four years ago was a resounding success and I know it'll be this time too!

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07%2D15%2D2002/81666-1.html
5th June 2006 11:52 AM
Gazza "official" ????

as the late great Rodney Dangerfield put it.."who made YOU Pope of this dump?"
5th June 2006 11:58 AM
gimmekeef Not a "football" fan...just posting this to make the thread at least 3 posts long before a political fight breaks out....Enjoy the tournament for those that love the game!
5th June 2006 12:02 PM
Jumacfly Hi there

funny to read this old old sad thread for my favorite team
No Senegal this year, but with Corea and Switzerland you never know what can happen..
Well, good luck to you all!!

ps: to my english pals: the Crouch dance is really ridiculous!!!

cheers
jU
5th June 2006 12:04 PM
Moonisup first price is ours, next one in a month
5th June 2006 12:06 PM
Gazza to qualify from the intial group stages :

A - Germany, Poland
B - England, Sweden
C - Netherlands, Argentina
D - Mexico, Portugal
E - Czech Republic, Italy
F - Brazil, Australia
G - France, Switzerland
H - Spain, Ukraine

some mouthwatering 'needle' matches lined up for the quarter finals if results run true to form (England v Argentina and Germany v Holland, and maybe even France v Italy)

Last four for me will be Netherlands, England, France and Brazil

To win : There isnt an outstanding team in the tournament, and England can win if Rooney is fit enough to play a major part in the knock-out stages, otherwise Brazil again.
5th June 2006 12:15 PM
scratched Good idea HTM!

From what I've seen just about every person interviewed thinks England have a good chance, but we are going to need someone like Cole or Gerrard to step up to the plate if Rooney doesn’t make it.

We can still do it without Rooney. We've still got possibly the best defence in the world, two of the best midfielders in the world, the best crosser in the world, one of the best finshers in the world, and the tallest player in the world!

If Eriksson grows a pair and we go out and attack teams like Brazil and Italy, then we've got a chance against them. Everyone is shit scared of Brazil, but their defence isn't too good and they've just lost their best defensive midfielder. The whole world needs to crawl out of Brazil's arse quite honestly. No-one is ever going to beat them if they are proud just to be on the same pitch as them.
[Edited by scratched]
5th June 2006 12:21 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
scratched wrote:
the best crosser in the world

this one??

5th June 2006 12:21 PM
sirmoonie As long as Germany loses, the World wins. Its history all over again! A true deja vu type sitch dealie.
5th June 2006 12:23 PM
scratched
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

this one??

LOL!
5th June 2006 12:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"official" ????

as the late great Rodney Dangerfield put it.."who made YOU Pope of this dump?"

NO ONE! I just thought it'd be nice to have a proper thread dedicated to the competition again.

Don't be bitter because Northern Ireland aren’t in it. 1986 wasn’t it? Must have been a long time ago because Pat Jennings was still in goal and he was ANCIENT then!

Brazil will reign victorious once more. England? Quarterfinals at worst, semi's at best.
5th June 2006 01:28 PM
marko Theres interesting games coming.
1st game is Germany-Costa-Rica
2nd game is Poland-Equador

But on next saturday is pretty interesting.our fellow
neighbours and Trinidad&Tobago.(Sweden-Trinidad&Tobago)

Because of our trip,i can´t see them all,but try to catch
some of them on the road.We don´t have a TV in our mobihome,becausei tought,we must have something else to do
on our vacation,than watch a TV.So i try to catch some games in few bars.
5th June 2006 01:30 PM
Some Guy not much of a fan here but I'm going out on a limb and picking Brazil.
5th June 2006 03:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

NO ONE! I just thought it'd be nice to have a proper thread dedicated to the competition again.

Don't be bitter because Northern Ireland aren’t in it. 1986 wasn’t it? Must have been a long time ago because Pat Jennings was still in goal and he was ANCIENT then!

Brazil will reign victorious once more. England? Quarterfinals at worst, semi's at best.

Bitter? Hardly. I hope England do well, and I wouldnt begrudge them winning it (makes our win over them last September even more of an achievement than it was!) However, we dont expect to win it so for us to have qualified 3 times (and on 2 occasions to reach the quarter finals) despite being the smallest country ever to qualify prior to Trinidad doing so this year.

Considering our size (a population about 3% that of yours), we've achieved more than you have methinks! ;-)

And If you'd had Pat Jennings in goal in 1986, he would have saved Maradona's Hand of God effort with one of his massive hands and strangled the cheating little bastard with the other one!

Everything Scratched says in his first post about England, Eriksson and Brazil is correct.
5th June 2006 04:01 PM
Saint Sway Bono is doing the TV ads for the World Cup here in the states

as a result, my interest level in this has now dropped lower than Bush's approval ratings
5th June 2006 05:03 PM
caro Yes! I remember some really funny stuff in the last world cup thread. This being said, France is going to win. Ju's joint told me so through smoke signs. (<--french supporters tend to get mystical after big defeats)
5th June 2006 05:26 PM
Poplar
gotta love World Cup... one of the few events even though we yanks don't often have a horse in the race.

Hey JuMac ... you see Antibalas when they were in your town last fall?
5th June 2006 05:29 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
As long as Germany loses, the World wins. Its history all over again! A true deja vu type sitch dealie.

The Rolling Stones will be performing more shows in Germany this summer than in all the other European Countries COMBINED . Word .
5th June 2006 05:40 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
first price is ours, next one in a month

We did it Little Rik! I was watching in a bar and got so fucking very drunk.
5th June 2006 07:39 PM
egon
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm very ignorant about Football. Hopefully I will learn alot. I like watching the games, I don't do it often enough...

http://www.football.com/rulesandinfo.shtml
5th June 2006 07:55 PM
ebmp It's really preety simple.. In fact, if you can get Baseball, you'll get Football preety easy
5th June 2006 07:56 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Not a "football" fan...just posting this to make the thread at least 3 posts long before a political fight breaks out

HA!! lol

....Enjoy the tournament for those that love the game!

i'm not that big a fan of the game either - i don't dislike it but usually the World Cup is not something i particularly care about

however, this time round Austrlia gets a go for only the second time and the first time in 32 years so I have an interest in the competition

and so i predict the biggest upset in the history of sport Australia to beat Germany in the final 3 -1
5th June 2006 08:10 PM
Col I'll be quietly rooting for Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago and Sweden in the group stages because I have a Paraguayean Grandmother, a Trinidad and Tobagoean Auntie and Swedish cousins. Honest I do!
5th June 2006 11:38 PM
backofmyhand Although it would be nice to see England win, I would bet everything I have on Portugal this time out.

The German side is horrible so I don't think they'll be a factor.

BOMH!
6th June 2006 12:58 AM
corgi37 Australia will take care of those Brazillian wankers.
6th June 2006 03:49 AM
The Wick England won't go that far with Lazy Ferdinand playing. He is incredibly overrated and only looked good in the last World Cup because Sol Campbell was in such incredible form. Keep your eye out for Lazy to make some big and costly gaffes.

I don't know why no one mentions France. In terms of players, only Brazil are better and if they click, they can even beat Brazil. England with a fit Rooney, Owen, and Campbell are my pick, but that scenario looks unlikely over the whole tournament so I'll go with Brazil or France.
6th June 2006 05:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

g

Hey JuMac ... you see Antibalas when they were in your town last fall?

Hi!
No I haven't. I ve also missed Breakestra but had a great time for James Taylor Quartet!
6th June 2006 11:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:

I don't know why no one mentions France

au contraire! I have them in my last four!
6th June 2006 11:19 AM
Madafaka Saturday is the Argentinian first match!
Put your favorite chair in front the tv and enjoy it
6th June 2006 11:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

au contraire! I have them in my last four!

thank you!!
but don t talk too much about us, in these case we shit in our pants !!

ps: Gary your RNF is leaving tomorrow
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)