ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th June 2006 08:02 PM
Soldatti Great games today. Spain was very effective and Germany did merits to win.
14th June 2006 09:41 PM
glencar The whole Germany/Poland thing gives me the shakes. Bad vibe, mein!
15th June 2006 07:59 AM
Zeeta Come on England! If we win this we're through to the next stage!

Vindaloo Lyrics By Fat Les

Where on earth are you from?
We're from England
Where you come from
Do you put the kettle on?
Kick it
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Bonjour
Nah Nah Nah
Monsieur
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah
We're England
We're gonna score one more than you
England!
Can I introduce you please
To a lump of Cheddar Cheese
Knit one, Pearl one
Drop one, Curl one
Kick it
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah
We're England
England!
Me and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran
We're off to Waterloo
Me and me Mum and me Dad and me Gran
And a bucket of Vindaloo
Bucket!
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
Vindaloo Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
Vindaloo Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
And we all like Vindaloo
We're England
England!
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
And we all like Vindaloo
We're England
England!
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Nah Nah Nah
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
Vindaloo
Vindaloo
And we all like Vindaloo
We're England
England!!
15th June 2006 08:35 AM
Bruno

EI GUSTAVO, eles querem dizer com "man´s boobs" que o Ronaldo criou peitos de mulher de gordura, que ele tem mamas! Hahahahahha

Hey people, Ronaldo was sent to a hospital yesterday and, as usual, the whole story is a mistery! WTF?!?

Everybody knows he is not able to play, but Nike and the billions dollars attached to him always talk louder.

I´m sure about what Gustavo said about Keith, he has more strenght that Ronaldo The Fat.
15th June 2006 08:58 AM
Scot Rocks Do this and you can hear the unoffical scotland world cup song, which is dedicated to Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason Scotland who plays in Scotland for first division team St Johnstone The song has actually reached 30 in the UK charts!

http://www.scottishquest.com/howscottish/game.html
[Edited by Scot Rocks]
15th June 2006 12:59 PM
stewed & Keefed Ecuador 3-0 Costa Rica

Ecuador booked a place in the knock-out stages for the first time ever with a comfortable win which also put Germany through to the second round.
Carlos Tenorio gave Ecuador an eighth-minute lead with a powerful header from Luis Valencia's cross.

The advantage was doubled when Agustin Delgado lashed home from a tight angle shortly after half-time.

Ecuador finished with a flourish when Ivan Kaviedes capped a flowing move by volleying home from six yards.

Knowing defeat would end their hopes of reaching the second round, Costa Rica could not have made a worse start as they fell behind after just eight minutes.

Delgado's shot was charged down, but the rebound fell kindly, allowing him to feed Valencia whose whipped cross was powerfully headed home by Carlos Tenorio.

Segundo Castillo then tested Costa Rica keeper Jose Porras from a free-kick which earned Luis Marin a yellow card for his foul on Carlos Tenorio.

Much of the football was pretty but with no real purpose as Ecuador formed around the imposing central pairing of Ivan Hurtado and Geovanny Espinoza and allowed Costa Rica to pass the ball square in front of them.

It took Costa Rica 39 minutes to muster their first on-target shot, with Mauricio Solis firing straight into Cristian Mora's midriff from 25 yards.

At the other end, Porras reacted brilliantly as Valencia's cross deflected goalwards off Marin.

Costa Rica opened Ecuador up for the first time but Douglas Sequeira's free header was disappointing after Leonardo Gonzalez's cross picked him out at the far post.

Costa Rica needed a sharper cutting edge to stay alive in the competition but former Premiership striker Paolo Wanchope was a disappointment.

Delgado drilled home at the near post
Los Ticos were facing a mountain to climb when another former Premiership striker, Delgado, doubled Ecuador's lead.

Kaviedes flicked the ball inside where Delgado, once of Southampton, chested it down to lash a ferocious shot inside Porras's near post.

Ecuador keeper Mora was at last called into action, palming away a stinging effort from Solis.

Costa Rica were denied a goal which might sparked a late rally when Alvaro Saborio curled a shot against the bar.

Ecuador scored a third when former Crystal Palace striker Kaviedes rounded off a flowing move by volleying home Edison Mendez's cross.

For a team that took 35 years to win an international outside their high-altitude capital Quito, Ecuador showed they will be no pushovers.

With a superior goal difference, a draw in their final game against hosts Germany will see Ecuador top their group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ecuador: Mora, De la Cruz, Reasco, Espinoza (Guagua 68), Hurtado, Castillo, Valencia (Urrutia 73), Edwin Tenorio, Mendez, Carlos Tenorio (Kaviedes 45), Delgado.
Subs Not Used: Villafuerte, Perlaza, Lara, Borja, Ambrossi, Ayovi, Saritama, Lanza, Benitez.

Booked: Castillo, De la Cruz, Mora.

Goals: Carlos Tenorio 8, Delgado 54, Kaviedes 90.

Costa Rica: Porras, Gonzalez (Hernandez 56), Umana, Wallace, Marin, Fonseca (Saborio 28), Centeno (Bernard 84), Solis, Sequeira, Wanchope, Gomez.
Subs Not Used: Drummond, Bolanos, Azofeifa, Badilla, Nunez, Rodriguez, Alfaro, Mesen.

Booked: Marin, Solis.

Att: 50,000

Referee: Coffi Codjia (Benin).

Fifa man of the match: Agustin Delgado

15th June 2006 01:13 PM
jb Did Israel qualify?
[Edited by jb]
15th June 2006 01:51 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Did Israel qualify?
[Edited by jb]

Germany did. They are even hosting it. I blame the liberals/Bush Geeks for this.
15th June 2006 02:09 PM
Rick56 Good old England, finally proved to the world what a bunch of tossers our overpaid and rated footballers really are.

15th June 2006 02:17 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Rick56 wrote:
Good old England, finally proved to the world what a bunch of tossers our overpaid and rated footballers really are.

well, if germany will not win against Ecuador we will meet in the first game of the playoffs, and we all remember Gary Lineker famous words......
15th June 2006 02:20 PM
Honky Tonk Man ENGLAND 2-0 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

BLOODY HELL. That is all I have to say.
15th June 2006 02:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
ENGLAND 2-0 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

BLOODY HELL. That is all I have to say.

No say more. I'm not up to speed on this. Should the score have been higher? Is 2-0 a poor win for England?
15th June 2006 02:23 PM
Rick56 The way we are playing at the moment it doesn't matter who we play in the 2nd round, we will be awful for 98% of the game and then either lose on penalties or fuke a 1-0 win.

I would liek to see England win the cup but U think I have a better chance of pulling Claudi Schefer or Nicole Kidman

(in my dreams)

and my typing is as bad as England's football
[Edited by Rick56]
15th June 2006 02:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

No say more. I'm not up to speed on this. Should the score have been higher? Is 2-0 a poor win for England?

Yes, the score SHOUL'DVE been higher. Not so much because England missed chance after chance during the match, but because England have a squad full of top-flight millionaires, while Trinidad and Tobago are a bunch of journeymen lower league players. 8 or so of their squad members play in English football, but only one in our top division. It was poor performance by England in my opinion. We didn’t get our first goal 'till after the 80th minute and I have to admit, I felt sorry for Trinidad. They actually showed the odd moment of brilliance.
15th June 2006 03:10 PM
jb I hope England, brazil, Holland and USA do well.
15th June 2006 03:21 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Bruno wrote:
EI GUSTAVO, eles querem dizer com "man´s boobs" que o Ronaldo criou peitos de mulher de gordura, que ele tem mamas! Hahahahahha

Yeah, that's what I meant. He needs a bra!!

England is unbelievable!!

(Unbelievable slow and shaky that is). I almost wanted our Leo to have the victory on England, but in the end, England are the better team. So much wasted potential there. Again. I do hope they warm up in the second round. I always like to see England play.

Germany vs Poland last night was an amazing game to watch. Isn't it interesting howe the game gets dirtier every time Germany plays against one of its (nearby) neighbours!! lol.

Well done Poland, well done Ecuador, and well done Germany. But for God's sake Ballack, tuck in that shirt some time!!
15th June 2006 03:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yes, the score SHOUL'DVE been higher. Not so much because England missed chance after chance during the match, but because England have a squad full of top-flight millionaires, while Trinidad and Tobago are a bunch of journeymen lower league players. 8 or so of their squad members play in English football, but only one in our top division. It was poor performance by England in my opinion. We didn’t get our first goal 'till after the 80th minute and I have to admit, I felt sorry for Trinidad. They actually showed the odd moment of brilliance.

Hmmmm.......
15th June 2006 03:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope England, brazil, Holland and USA do well.

USA? LOL! Sure, they'll beat Italy with 8-0 on Saturday no doubt!! Whahahaha!

Holland will maybe defeat Ivory Coast tomorrow if they do their absolute best, but will choke on Argentina next week.
15th June 2006 05:07 PM
Mickijaggeroo 1.15 left and Ljungberg scores!!!!
Paraguay is out, Sweden stays!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th June 2006 05:11 PM
Rick56
quote:
Mickijaggeroo wrote:
1.15 left and Ljungberg scores!!!!
Paraguay is out, Sweden stays!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as impressive as England !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th June 2006 05:44 PM
tumbling dice
England 2 x 0 Trinidad...

I don´t know,but the English team trainer is not good.He´s got good players but the game is always bad.
15th June 2006 05:53 PM
Throwaway

)-; Almost pulled the upset, but that British defender made a wonderful stop, and the other goal was called off-sides. The Soca Warriors will need to beat Paraguay and hope the Swedes play poorly to advance, but I gotta give it to England today. They showed that they can play much less than their A-game and still make crucial plays at the right times..don't count them out.
15th June 2006 06:06 PM
Rick56 [..don't count them out.
[/quote]

I never counted them in in the first place, if we (England)win the world cup I will give away five copies of shows from my dvd list to a supporter of the losing side.

15th June 2006 06:26 PM
Throwaway Ha, I never really thought of them as a team with more than 30% odds of winning, but I do see them as a long-shot pick if their offense clicks.
15th June 2006 06:28 PM
Rick56
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
if their offense clicks.

Oh it will click and that will be the sound of broken toes. Ha

15th June 2006 06:47 PM
Madafaka What an excellent game today! England played a great match.
Tomorrow... Argentina!
15th June 2006 07:11 PM
stewed & Keefed England 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago

Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard spared England's blushes with late goals against Trinidad & Tobago to book their place in the last 16 of the World Cup.
Crouch, who had missed several chances, met David Beckham's right-wing cross to power a header past Shaka Hislop.

Gerrard wrapped it up in stoppage time with a stunning left-foot drive after England made hard work of the contest.

Wayne Rooney came on, but it was fellow subs Aaron Lennon and Stewart Downing who helped turn the game England's way.

It had looked like being a major embarrassment for England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, with his team short on ideas and confidence.

They created plenty of chances without ever being in total control of the match and can count themselves fortunate to have got out of jail.

Yet it all seemed so different in the opening stages, as England played with an ease that suggested they were playing in a training game rather than a crucial World Cup contest.

After Michael Owen miscued in front of goal, Crouch went close twice, first denied an attempt at a volley five yards out by Brent Sancho's timely intervention and then foiled by Hislop's claw away after Joe Cole's left-wing cross.

But as so often with Eriksson's England, early promise soon turned into increasing frustration as passes were misplaced with alarming regularity.

They were nearly made to pay for their laboured approach, as Paul Robinson uncharacteristically flapped at a corner only for Stern John to head wide at the far post.

As the clock ticked towards half-time the England fans began to chant for Rooney's introduction with real fervour, not helped by a moment of calamity from Crouch.

Spotted by Beckham standing in the penalty area eight yards out, with no-one anywhere near him, Crouch hoplessly caught the volley on his right shin and sent it several yards wide of Hislop's goal.

His miss could have proved even more costly. Carlos Edwards beat Robinson to a cross and as John bundled the ball towards goal, John Terry typically managed to get back in time to clear the ball off the line.

John Terry clears Stern John's first-half header off the line

It was equally bad for the first 13 minutes of the second half, before the fans finally got their wish and Rooney was introduced, along with Lennon.

The double change galvanised the side, but England continued to be sloppy in front of goal.

Eriksson's stock 4-4-2 became 3-5-2 and Beckham and Lennon began to dovetail down the right - the captain crossing for the wasteful Crouch to head over, again unmarked.

Lampard then had three chances in two minutes but could not convert any, scooping one over, hitting the next at Hislop and dragging the last one wide.

But just when it seemed England's profligacy would cost them, Crouch popped up with the most important goal of his life.

Putting the misses firmly behind him, England's giant hitman powerfully headed Beckham's cross into the roof of the net past Hislop.

Having come so close Trinidad visibly wilted, and Gerrard took advantage with a brilliant left-foot screamer that flew in from the edge of the area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England: Robinson, Carragher (Lennon 58), Terry, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole (Downing 74), Owen (Rooney 58), Crouch.
Subs Not Used: Campbell, James, Bridge, Hargreaves, Jenas, Carrick, Carson, Walcott, Neville.

Booked: Lampard.

Goals: Crouch 83, Gerrard 90.

Trinidad and Tobago: Hislop, Edwards, Sancho, Lawrence, Gray, Birchall, Whitley, Yorke, Theobald (Wise 85), Stern John, Jones (Glen 70).
Subs Not Used: Cox, Latapy, Samuel, Charles, Scotland, Ince, Wolfe, Andrews, Jack.

Booked: Theobald, Whitley, Jones, Hislop, Gray.

Att: 41,000.

Ref: Toru Kamikawa (Japan).

15th June 2006 07:12 PM
stewed & Keefed Sweden 1-0 Paraguay

Freddie Ljungberg's 88th-minute winner for Sweden knocked Paraguay out of the World Cup.
England, already certain of a place in the second round, would have won the group had this game been a draw.

But Ljungberg popped up at the far post to head home after Marcus Allback had nodded a cross back across goal.

Earlier, Zlatan Ibrahimovic shot tamely at the keeper and Allback had an effort cleared off the line as it looked like Sweden would not break Paraguay down.

Sweden now know that victory over England on Tuesday will see them, and not Sven-Goran Eriksson's men, win Group B. But defeat could send the Swedes home and put Trinidad and Tobago into the second round.

Paraguay proved as stubborn to break down in this game as they had been when England played them last Saturday.

The Scandinavians started in determined fashion, but were frequently met by some rugged Paraguayan defending - an approach which led to Denis Caniza receiving the game's first yellow card inside three minutes, for tripping Henrik Larsson.

In the ninth minute Ibrahimovic touched a header back to Kim Kallstrom, whose excellent shot from outside the box was equalled only by the save from Aldo Bobadilla.

Three minutes later, it was Larsson's turn to cushion a header back for an onrushing midfielder - Christian Wilhelmsson driving a fierce shot was just wide of Bobadilla's upright.

It was an impressive start from the Swedes, but Paraguay weathered the storm and then began to come into the opposing half a little, as Roque Santa Cruz, Nelson Valdez and Jorge Nunez served notice that Sweden's defenders would need to be watchful all evening.

Larsson and Ibrahimovic, after their threatening first quarter of an hour, began to be seen less and less, as the toothlessness which has seen Sweden fail to win a game since last October began to re-appear.

Bobadilla rarely had a save to make, and on the one occasion Ibrahimovic did get through his shot was weak and straight at the goalkeeper.

In contrast to the first half, it was Paraguay who made the better start in the second period, Valdez getting down the left and checking back before shooting into the side-netting.

And when the ball did get down to the other end, Bobadilla proved a worthy deputy in goal for the injured Justo Villar, beating out a 54th-minute free-kick from Larsson.

Four minutes later Bobadilla needed the intervention of defender Caniza, who hacked off the line after substitute Allback had been put through and lobbed the goalkeeper.

Still the out-of-sorts Swedes desperately tried to find that elusive goal, Larsson heading over after good work on the right from the lively Allback.

Then with 10 minutes left, Allback seemed certain to score as he turned and shot from close-range, but the effort was tame enough for Bobadilla to hold.

Finally Ljungberg made the breakthrough - and ensured his team are favourites to follow England into round two.

Sweden: Isaksson, Lucic, Mellberg, Linderoth, Edman, Ljungberg, Alexandersson, Kallstrom (Elmander 86), Wilhelmsson (Jonson 68), Ibrahimovic (Allback 45), Larsson.
Subs Not Used: Alvbage, Andersson, Hansson, Nilsson, Rosenberg, Shaaban, Stenman, Anders Svensson, Karl Svensson.

Booked: Linderoth, Lucic, Allback.

Goals: Ljungberg 89.

Paraguay: Bobadilla, Gamarra, Nunez, Caceres, Caniza, Bonet (Barreto 81), Acuna, Paredes, Riveros (Dos Santos 62), Santa Cruz (Lopez 63), Valdez.
Subs Not Used: Cabanas, Cuevas, Da Silva, Gavilan, Gomez, Manzur, Montiel, Toledo, Villar.

Booked: Caniza, Acuna, Paredes, Barreto.

Att: 72,000

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

15th June 2006 07:23 PM
stewed & Keefed Sancho makes claim against Crouch

Crouch appeared to grab Sancho's hair before scoring
Trinidad and Tobago defender Brett Sancho has claimed he was "definitely" fouled by Peter Crouch before the striker scored England's opening goal.
Crouch's header set England on the way to their 2-0 win.

Images broadcast on German television appeared to show Crouch tugging Sancho's dreadlocks before heading home David Beckham's cross.

The Gillingham man said: "The first goal was definitely a foul by Crouch. He was all over my back."

Sancho added: "We are gutted, just gutted with the result. It was really heart-wrenching. The second goal (from Steven Gerrard) came when they hit us on the break as we tried to get back - but the first one was the crucial one so late in the game and I was fouled.

"Crouch was all over me. He was definitely pulling me back and that meant I couldn't get to him.

"But don't forget, we are tiny Trinidad and Tobago and there is no way that the referee (Toru Kamikawa) was going to blow that whistle and disallow the goal."

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker admitted defeat to England had hurt after two late goals cost the Caribbean outfit.

"We had chances but that's football," said Beenhakker. "We knew we could organise our game to survive.

"But we can live with the result although it always hurts."

The Trinidad coach hailed his players defending but was also quick to praise the opposition.

He added: "England have fantastic players and I wish them all the best."

Beenhakker's captain, Dwight Yorke, insisted it was among his career highlights playing England despite the defeat.

"It was a special moment because I have so many friends, so many memories of playing in England," he said.

"It was so much work. England got so much possession of the ball."

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
15th June 2006 07:28 PM
Madafaka Crouch looks like a funny guy!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)