ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st June 2006 12:40 PM
Madafaka Please Angie, don't go to sleep when the match finishes. Take a walk under the summer night and relax. Nightmares are awful!

Voodoo... Spain? If Mexico get out, you could beat for Argentina!
21st June 2006 12:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Argentina? No way! Gerardo is a real patriot yo!
21st June 2006 12:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Please Angie, don't go to sleep when the match finishes. Take a walk under the summer night and relax. Nightmares are awful!

But I have to get up REALLY early tomorrow... lol
21st June 2006 12:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Sure I will! You know I really love Argentina (and the Netherlands too) but first of all I'm Spanish.

I hope a bad day for Argentina today just for one reason, I don't want to lose with you in the next round, so if you lose today we are going to lose with The Netherlands and Angie will win a bet and will have all of my love
21st June 2006 01:01 PM
Angiegirl Well... That sounds promising! I'll go with it, yep.
21st June 2006 01:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and I mean every inch of my love
21st June 2006 01:03 PM
Angiegirl That little?

just kiddin'...
21st June 2006 01:03 PM
Madafaka Hahaha! Really I don't like to talk before games, because later I could regret all my words!

Both of you speak Spanish: "Uno es dueņo de sus silencios y esclavo de sus palabras"

Lunch time! I'll open my first Stella Artois and will cook some orange... Oops! I did it again!
21st June 2006 01:22 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Lunch time! I'll open my first Stella Artois and will cook some orange... Oops! I did it again!

Hey, funny, I'm having an Argentinian steak for dinner.

Rare.
21st June 2006 01:47 PM
stewed & Keefed Iran 1-1 Angola

Sohrab notched the equaliser
Angola's hopes of reaching the second round were shattered as Iran came from behind to share the spoils.
For 14 second-half minutes the dream was alive, with Angola one-up through Amado Flavio's header, although they still needed a favour from Portugal.

But Sohrab Bakhtiarizadeh spoiled the party by nodding in an equaliser 16 minutes from time.

Iran deserved their first point in this competition, but it was Angola who were left to rue what might have been.

They started the match knowing a 2-0 victory, coupled with a similar result for Portugal against Mexico, would see them through to play Holland or Argentina.

The noise from the horns in the stadium was deafening, rising to fever pitch when news filtered through of Portugal's two goals.

That gave Angola a sniff of the second round but it was Iran who looked more likely to score in the first half.

The game sprang into life with 24 minutes gone, when veteran striker Ali Daei had a golden opportunity to give the Iranians the lead, but somehow contrived to head over with the goal at his mercy.

That provided Angola with the wake-up call they needed and within a minute substitute Arsenio Love was through but shot tamely at Ebrahim Mirzapour.

Suddenly a match that looked dead on its feet was becoming an absorbing contest, with Iran creating the better chances.

Vahid Hashemian saw his header cleared off the line by Mendonca, while Andranik Taymoorian forced a smart stop from Joao Ricardo, with Ali Daei hovering menacingly.

Angola were also guilty of leaving their shooting boots in the dressing room, with Fabrice Akwa twice volleying over and Ebrahim Mirzapour in the Iranian goal needing to be at his best to tip over Arsenio Love's stinging drive.

The deadlock was finally broken on the hour when substitute Flavio planted a textbook header past Mirzapour to send the Angolan supporters into raptures.

Word of Mexico's penalty miss and subsequent red card had obviously reached Mendonca, who drilled two good efforts agonisingly wide in search of the second.

But the Iranians were determined to leave Germany with a point and were rewarded for their persistence in the 75th minute when Bakhtiarizadeh rose unmarked at a corner to head them level.

That seemed to knock the stuffing out of Angola and despite the continued support of their brilliant fans they seemed to accept their fate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iran: Mirzapour, Bakhtiarizadeh, Rezaei, Kaabi (Borhani 67), Nosrati (Shojaei 13), Mahdavikia, Zandi, Teymourian, Madanchi, Hashemian (Khatibi 39), Daei.
Subs Not Used: Karimi, Roudbarian, Enayati, Kazemeian, Navidkia, Sadeqi, Golmohammadi, Talebloo.

Booked: Madanchi, Teymourian, Zandi.

Goals: Bakhtiarizadeh 76.

Angola: Joao Ricardo, Jamba, Kali, Loco, Delgado, Miloy, Figueiredo (Rui Marques 72), Mateus (Love 23), Mendonca, Ze Kalanga, Akwa (Flavio 51).
Subs Not Used: Airosa, Buengo, Edson, Lama, Lebo-Lebo, Mantorras, Marco, Mario.

Booked: Loco, Mendonca, Ze Kalanga.

Goals: Flavio 60.

Att: 38,000.

Ref: Mark Shield (Australia).

21st June 2006 01:48 PM
stewed & Keefed Portugal 2-1 Mexico

Portugal topped Group D after a narrow win as 10-man Mexico took second place.
The Portuguese took an early lead with a well-worked goal, Maniche sidefooting the ball into the roof of the net.

Maniche's goal was set up by Simao Sabrosa, who calmly converted the penalty for Portugal's second after Rafael Marquez's senseless handball.

Jose Fonseca's glancing header reduced Portugal's lead, but Omar Bravo blazed over a second-half penalty, before Mexico's Luis Perez was red-carded.

The win gave Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari a World Cup record of 10 successive victories as a coach.

Four years ago Scolari led Brazil to seven consecutive wins when they lifted the World Cup in South Korea and Japan.

Scolari had rested the five players who had picked up a yellow card in the opening two Group D games, though their absence was hardly felt as the Euro 2004 finalists scored twice in the opening 24 minutes.

Benfica midfielder Simao, who has been long linked with a move to Liverpool, played a key role in both goals.

On six minutes Simao surged into the Mexico box before slipping the ball to Maniche, who scored with an adroit finish that Oswaldo Sanchez had no chance of stopping.

Midway through the half Mexico conceded a second goal, with Marquez inexplicably raising a hand in the box as he rose to try to clear a Portugal corner.

Sanchez dived the right way for Simao's penalty, but the Benfica midfielder's spot-kick was hit with too much precision for the Mexico goalkeeper to get hands on the ball.

Just before the half-hour Mexico reduced the deficit, as Fonseca flicked in a header from a corner by Pavel Pardo.

Portugal endured a nervy end to the first half, Ricardo throwing himself to his left to tip away a Pardo shot.

Bravo had scored twice in Mexico's 3-1 win over Iran

Soon afterwards Ricardo looked less impressive in trying to gather a cross from the right, though neither Fonseca or Marquez was able to stab the rebound home in the enusing melee.

Portugal endured an equally uncomfortable spell after the restart as Mexico continued to press for the equaliser.

Just before the hour Mexico should have equalised when they were awarded a penalty after Miguel's handball, only for Bravo to blaze the ball embarrassingly over the bar.

Soon after Mexico appealed for a second penalty after a Miguel tackle on Perez.

But referee Lubos Michel decided Perez had dived, sending off the Mexican player for his second yellow card.

Scolari quickly withdrew Miguel, replacing him with Chelsea full-back Paulo Ferreira, who might have conceded another penalty with an ill-judged tackle on Bravo.

Even with 10 men Mexico continued to trouble Portugal, though in the closing stages Scolari's side finished strongly, and Sanchez did well to beat away a Maniche shot.

Portugal will meet the runners-up of Group C on Sunday in Nuremberg, while Mexico must face the the winner of Group C on Saturday in Leipzig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portugal: Ricardo, Miguel (Paulo Ferreira 61), Ricardo Carvalho, Meira, Caneira, Petit, Maniche, Tiago, Figo (Boa Morte 80), Simao, Postiga (Nuno Gomes 69).
Subs Not Used: Costinha, Deco, Nuno Valente, Paulo Santos, Pauleta, Quim, Ricardo Costa, Ronaldo, Viana.

Booked: Miguel, Maniche, Boa Morte, Nuno Gomes.

Goals: Maniche 6, Simao 24 pen.

Mexico: Sanchez, Pineda (Castro 69), Marquez, Osorio, Salcido, Rodriguez (Zinha 45), Pardo, Perez, Mendez (Franco 80), Fonseca, Bravo.
Subs Not Used: Arellano, Borgetti, Corona, Garcia, Guardado, Morales, Ochoa, Suarez, Torrado.

Sent Off: Perez (61).

Booked: Rodriguez, Perez, Marquez, Zinha.

Goals: Fonseca 29.

Att: 52,000.

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

Fifa man of the match: Jose Fonseca

Portugal v Mexico player ratings
21st June 2006 01:48 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

But I have to get up REALLY early tomorrow... lol

where u lives?
21st June 2006 01:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
where u lives?

Netherlands. Couldn't you tell from the pics I posted earlier?
21st June 2006 01:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
That little?

just kiddin'...

Come to Voodoo!

21st June 2006 02:46 PM
voodoopug The US team has embarrassed us all.....all the hype and they cannot even score a goal on their own. I have turned my back on USA soccer (see: football everywhere else.) If i performed half as bad as they did at my job...I would be fired, and probably shot!
21st June 2006 02:50 PM
Angiegirl It's almost time for THE FOOTBALL MATCH of Group C.
Is everybody ready?!! Are you ready?!

Madafaka, you'd better have another beer...

21st June 2006 02:52 PM
TornAndFrayed HOLLAND - Argentina.

Ever since the group draw in December I have been looking forward to this match. Too bad both teams are already qualified so it probably wonīt be as exciting. Still, Iīm sure itīll be a great match.

We (Germany) have played surprisingly good and untypically entertaining but we had a pretty easy group and the match against Sweden on Saturday is going to be tough. Iīm not sure if weīre going to make it.
If we do, HOLLAND could be waiting for us in the quarter-finals

Itīs been a great World Cup so far, the football could have been better but atmosphere-wise itīs been a fantastic tournament.
21st June 2006 04:51 PM
Ronnie Richards Very disappointing game..
21st June 2006 04:51 PM
Angiegirl Congrats Madafaka

Damn, no goals! Another 2 hours of life wasted.

And we'll have no chance against Portugal Sunday. Mexico would have been better for us imo.
21st June 2006 05:37 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Netherlands. Couldn't you tell from the pics I posted earlier?

man, you donīt know what i do to translate every single post here....lol

must be, but i think was you are beat from holland

good luck with portugal, felipão is a good estrategist!
21st June 2006 05:40 PM
gustavobala games definited from next step:

germany - sweden

argentina - mexico

england - ecuador

portugal - holland
21st June 2006 05:50 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Congrats Madafaka

Damn, no goals! Another 2 hours of life wasted.

And we'll have no chance against Portugal Sunday. Mexico would have been better for us imo.

Interesting match, but no goals...

Congrats to you too!
21st June 2006 05:53 PM
Madafaka
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
man, you donīt know what i do to translate every single post here....lol

must be, but i think was you are beat from holland

good luck with portugal, felipão is a good estrategist!

Gustavo, Angiegirl is a woman... A pretty one
21st June 2006 07:05 PM
stewed & Keefed Ivory Coast 3-2 Serbia & Montenegro

Ivory Coast came from two goals behind to beat 10-man Serbia & Montenegro.
Serbia were 2-0 up after 20 minutes, Nikola Zigic rounding Boubacar Barry for the first and Sasa Ilic punishing Cyril Domoraud's poor miscontrol.

Aruna Dindane then scored a twice-taken penalty before Albert Nadj was sent off at the end of the first-half.

Dindane's header made it 2-2, before Bonaventure Kalou scored a second penalty, though Ivory Coast ended up with 10 men after Domoraud's dismissal.

The win was Ivory Coast's first in the World Cup finals, delighting the 66,000 crowd at Munich's Allianz Arena.

It was also the first time a team had come back from two goals down to win a match in the competition since West Germany's 3-2 victory over England in 1970.

The win might have been historic, but neither team could be said to have bowed out of the World Cup in style, given some comical defending and the spate of yellow and red cards.

Nadj had only been on the pitch as a first-half substitute for 30 minutes before his dismissal after he picked up two yellow cards.

Serbia exploited some woeful defending from the African side as they took control of the match.

After stringing a series of passes together, Dejan Stankovic's diagonal pass was deftly controlled by Zigic, who took the ball round the stranded Barry.

Both Barry and central defender Blaise Kouassi were poorly positioned for Zigic's goal but their mistakes were nothing compared to Domoraud's slip for Serbia's second.

The Creteil defender completely failed to deal with Predrag Djordjevic's free-kick and Ilic pounced to guide the ball home.

The comedy of errors continued when Milan Dudic bizarrely raised his hand after Arthur Boka crossed from the left.

Dindane had to twice take the penalty - his first effort was disallowed for encroachment by Ivorian Arouna Kone - but the Lens striker stayed calm to wrongfoot Serbia goalkeeper Drajoslav Jevric.

Mexican referee Rodriguez showed two yellow cards

If only Dindane had showed similar composure when chances came to him in open play.

Just before the interval Jevric was lucky not to concede a penalty when he appeared to fell Dindane.

Early in the second half Jevric made a good save with his legs, diverting Kanga Akale's shot to safety after Boka's free-kick was blocked.

Soon after Kouassi hit a vicious shot that Jevric could only watch as it skimmed the bar.

Midway through the second half Dindane's persistent forward play was rewarded when he powered a header past Jevric.

Dudic gifted the Ivorians a second penalty with another handball and substitute Kalou made no mistake from the spot.

In stoppage time Mexican referee Marco Rodriguez brandished one final card - a red to Doromaud after he was booked for a mistimed tackle on Savo Milosevic.

Ivory Coast: Barry, Boka, Kouassi, Domoraud, Eboue, Akale (Bakari Kone 60), Zokora, Keita (Kalou 72), Gneri Yaya Toure, Arouna Kone, Dindane.
Subs Not Used: Demel, Fae, Gnanhouan, Meite, Romaric, Tizie, Kolo Toure, Yapi Yapo, Zoro.

Sent Off: Domoraud (90).

Booked: Keita, Domoraud, Dindane.

Goals: Dindane 37 pen, 67, Kalou 86 pen.

Serbia & Montenegro: Jevric, Gavrancic, Nenad Djordjevic, Dudic, Krstajic (Nadj 16), Ergic, Duljaj, Stankovic, Predrag Djordjevic, Ilic, Zigic (Milosevic 66).
Subs Not Used: Basta, Dragutinovic, Kovacevic, Ljuboja, Stojkovic, Vidic, Vukic, Petkovic.

Sent Off: Nadj (45).

Booked: Nadj, Dudic, Duljaj, Gavrancic.

Goals: Zigic 10, Ilic 20.

Att: 66,000.

Ref: Marco Rodriguez (Mexico).

21st June 2006 07:06 PM
stewed & Keefed Holland 0-0 Argentina

World Cup heavyweights Argentina and Holland played out a goalless draw in a keenly fought contest in Frankfurt.
Argentina came closest to scoring when Dutch defender Khalid Boulahrouz deflected a Juan Roman Riquelme free-kick on to the post.

Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt tested Roberto Abbondanzieri while Philip Cocu also forced the keeper to tip over.

Argentina top Group C and will play Mexico in the last 16 on Saturday while the Dutch face Portugal on Sunday.

The winner of the match between Holland and Portugal will face England in the quarter-final should Sven-Goran Eriksson's men defeat Ecuador.

Both teams will undoubtedly be on better form for their knockout ties after leaving out several of their key players for what was essentially a dead rubber.

The Dutch were without the likes of Mark van Bommel, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and star man Arjen Robben, while Argentina had chosen to leave out their first-choice attacking duo, Hernan Crespo and Javier Saviola.

Those who came in did not let their respective sides down.

Both sides grappled to force chances from the outset of the match
Two such players were Dutch defenders Tim de Cler and Boulahrouz who harried and hassled forwards Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez and rarely afforded them space in which to cause the kind of havoc that resulted in Serbia and Montenegro's 6-0 thrashing.

When Argentina were allowed a yard of space, more often than not playmaker Riquelme took advantage.

He came close to scoring on a couple of occasions, from a direct corner in the first half and with a low drive in the second, but it was his ability from set-pieces and vision to pick out a team-mate with a killer pass that made him stand out.

His delivery was certainly exceptional, forcing Edwin van der Sar to tip over from a wicked corner and then making Boulahrouz deflect his low driving free-kick on to the post.

One player who made a case for a start against Mexico was Carlos Tevez.

The bulldog forward bullied the Dutch defence all night both on the wing and through the centre, although his one and only clear chance came in the second half when his fierce 20-yard drive was parried by Holland's Manchester United keeper.

The Dutch were less pretty in their attacking play, but the makeshift side seemed more content with keeping the Argentines at bay.

They were limited to a handful of chances.

The best fell to Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt, who tested goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri with a stinging effort in the first half and then Philip Cocu whose shot from a tight angle was tipped over by the Argentina shotstopper.

Holland: Van der Sar, Boulahrouz, Ooijer, Jaliens, De Cler, Sneijder (Maduro 86), Cocu, Van der Vaart, Van Persie (Landzaat 67), van Nistelrooy (Babel 56), Kuyt.
Subs Not Used: Mathijsen, Van Bronckhorst, Robben, Kromkamp, Heitinga, Van Bommel, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Timmer, Stekelenburg.

Booked: Kuyt, Ooijer, De Cler.

Argentina: Abbondanzieri, Burdisso (Coloccini 24), Ayala, Milito, Cufre, Mascherano, Maxi, Cambiasso, Riquelme (Aimar 79), Messi (Cruz 69), Tevez.
Subs Not Used: Sorin, Heinze, Saviola, Crespo, Franco, Scaloni, Palacio, Ustari, Gonzalez.

Booked: Cambiasso, Mascherano.

Att: 48,000

Ref: Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain).

21st June 2006 10:12 PM
Soldatti Argentina-Mexico next Saturday!
It will be a great game, a lot better than today's fiasco.
22nd June 2006 09:30 AM
Madafaka Argentina - Mexico! Voodoo, what a nice match!

Click here to relax and start to enjoy the game (enter under your own risk!): http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc271&image=420716308040.jpg

22nd June 2006 09:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL that's posting Madafaka!
22nd June 2006 09:58 AM
Jumping Jack USA!!!

USA!!!

USA!!!

Could be the last time to cheer, but I don't think so.
22nd June 2006 10:02 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Gustavo, Angiegirl is a woman... A pretty one

ok...ok, thatīs "man" is just like a grammatical appositive!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)