ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
20th June 2006 03:49 PM
Madafaka Interesting goal...
20th June 2006 04:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl What a great British Goal!
20th June 2006 04:02 PM
Angiegirl Sweden sweats from pressure for sure!
20th June 2006 04:02 PM
Madafaka Yeah, absolutely!
20th June 2006 04:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Yeah, absolutely!

Just like Argentina is gonna sweat tomorrow!

(oops, I meant Holland of course, lol)
20th June 2006 04:08 PM
axl79 What a nice swidish GOOOOOOOALLLLLL!
20th June 2006 05:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
What a great British Goal!

ENGLISH goal! LOL

Sweden 2-2 England

Well, we were great in the first half, but worringly poor in defence in the second. We have to sharpen up at the back if we really have any chance in the latter stages. Owens injury is a devestating blow. It's not that I don't have faith in Crouch, but what if he gets injured? A five man midfield could be an option, but the 17 year old who has'nt played a domestic top flight game? Hmmm.. It's worrying!
20th June 2006 06:18 PM
Rick56 well we're through

Neville, Ferdinand & Owen all out though leaves us with no chance, and why take a 17yo striker and not play him, a bad mistake, but at least the coach will be gone after we are elimintaed
20th June 2006 06:47 PM
stewed & Keefed Paraguay 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago

Trinidad and Tobago's spirited World Cup campaign ended with defeat by Paraguay in Kaiserslautern.
The Caribbean side went behind in the 25th minute through a headed own goal from Gillingham defender Brent Sancho.

Paraguay doubled their lead through Nelson Cuevas four minutes from time for a scoreline which slightly flattered the South Americans.

Trinidad attacked with gusto, but defeat left them goalless and bottom of the group on their tournament debut.

The Soca Warriors can consider themselves unlucky not to have got off the mark after launching waves of second-half attacks.

It was a disappointing anti-climax for the smallest country, with a population of just 1.3 million, to qualify for the finals.

Trinidad will look back with some pride on a campaign which saw a gutsy draw with Sweden and a battling defeat by England.

They went into their final group game needing a win, and England to beat the Swedes, for any chance of going through on goal difference.

While the other Group B game in Cologne ended in a draw, effectively rendering this match a dead rubber, Trinidad again emerged with credit.

Coach Leo Beenhakker was able to bring Dundee keeper Kelvin Jack back from injury to replace Shaka Hislop and also recalled Avery John after a one-match ban.

A busy opening saw Jack soon pressed into action with a diving left-handed save to deny Roque Santa Cruz's header from a probing Edgar Barreto free-kick.

Nelson Cuevas sealed the win with a goal against the run of play
Trinidad hit back as Glen forced Aldo Bobadillo to parry and Aurtis Whitley fired a drive just over.

Paraguay, who had no hope of qualifying after two earlier defeats, were posed early questions by former Manchester United and Aston Villa striker Dwight Yorke.

As the sides traded blows, Werder Bremen striker Nelson Valdez caused a few scares for Trinidad, without seriously threatening.

But then Paraguay dealt a huge blow to their opponents' slender qualification hopes with a fortunate opening goal.

Sancho deflected into the net after Toro Acuna's free-kick was headed on by Julio dos Santos.

Boosted by the lead, Paraguay began to dominate and Denis Caniza's shot under Jack 10 minutes later appeared to have increased the lead before a late offside flag ruled out the goal.

Denzil Theobald also cleared off the line from Carlos Paredes, but Trinidad emerged for the second half with renewed vigour, and a Carlos Edwards cross just evaded the advancing Yorke and Chris Burchill.

Urged on by a noisy band of supporters, they continued to push forward through the impressive Luton midfielder Edwards and Yorke.

The pair almost combined again, before the ball fell to substitute Evans Wise, on for Glen, who struck his shot into the side netting.

Port Vale's Birchall fired over from distance and veteran midfielder Russell Latapy - capping a fine international career - shot wide as a host of chances went begging.

Paraguay made Trinidad pay as Cuevas combined for a neat one-two with Santa Cruz before stylishly slotting home to seal the victory and third place in the group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paraguay: Bobadilla, Nunez, Gamarra, Caceres (Manzur 78), Caniza (Da Silva 88), Barreto, Acuna, Paredes, Dos Santos, Santa Cruz, Valdez (Cuevas 66).
Subs Not Used: Bonet, Cabanas, Gavilan, Gomez, Lopez, Montiel, Riveros, Toledo, Villar.

Booked: Paredes, Dos Santos.

Goals: Sancho 25 og, Cuevas 86.

Trinidad and Tobago: Jack, Avery John (Jones 31), Sancho, Lawrence, Birchall, Whitley (Latapy 66), Edwards, Theobald, Glen (Wise 41), Stern John, Yorke.
Subs Not Used: Andrews, Charles, Cox, Gray, Hislop, Ince, Samuel, Scotland, Wolfe.

Booked: Sancho, Whitley.

Att: 46,000

Ref: Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

20th June 2006 06:48 PM
stewed & Keefed Sweden 2-2 England

England will play Ecuador in the last 16 of the World Cup after securing a draw with Sweden to top Group B.
England went in front when Joe Cole hit a sensational lob from 35 yards, only for Marcus Allback to equalise when he headed home from a right-wing corner.

Steven Gerrard headed in Joe Cole's 85th-minute cross, but Henrik Larsson levelled for Sweden in injury time.

The result was marred by a knee injury to striker Michael Owen, who was stretchered off in the first minute.

England will now meet Ecuador in the second round on Sunday at 1600 BST in Stuttgart, while Sweden play Germany in Munich 24 hours earlier.

It was an improved display from England, but they will be concerned by the way they struggled after the break having dominated the first half.

England knew if they could win or draw they would avoid an knock-out encounter with in-form hosts Germany.

But if Sven-Goran Eriksson was looking for a bright start from his side, it could barely have been any worse.

With less than a minute on the clock, Owen picked the ball up on the left and as he tried to pass it, his right knee buckled underneath him.

He immediately crawled to the touchline in agony and received treatment before being stretchered off, replaced by Peter Crouch.

Owen's team-mates looked shell-shocked at such a cruel twist of fate and the contest took time to get going as a result.

When it did get going it was England in the ascendancy, as Joe Cole fired over and Rooney went on a mazy dribble only to see Teddy Lucic block his goalbound shot.

When they went ahead, it was thanks to a goal that announced Joe Cole on the world stage as one of the stars of this tournament.

Cole struck a brilliant opening goal for England

The Chelsea midfielder chested down a clearance 35 yards out, let the ball bounce and hit the most outrageous, dipping volley that Andreas Isaksson could only help into the top corner.

In a World Cup already full to the brim of sensational strikes, this one will remain up there with the very best.

England were buzzing, Joe Cole and Rooney in particular, and Frank Lampard and Rooney shot just over as England tried to double their lead.

But they were hit by a sucker-punch six minutes after the break, as Allback rose all-too-easily to glance home a Tobias Linderoth corner.

Former Villa striker Allback nearly made it two from another corner as England failed to learn their lesson, this time the ball ricocheting off Jamie Carragher's arm and Paul Robinson brilliantly reacting to tip it onto the bar.

ENGLAND'S ROUTE TO THE FINAL
25 June: Second round
1 July: Quarter-final
5 July: Semi-final
9 July: Final
World Cup group scenarios

From being in total control, England were all of a sudden in disarray.

Another corner, another free header - this time for Lucic - and Olof Mellberg volleyed against Robinson's crossbar.

England still looked shaky at the back and substitute Gerrard had to hack the ball off the line after Kim Kallstrom fired goalwards, as yet again a corner caused chaos.

Just as England looked like they were on the rack, Joe Cole crossed for Gerrard to nod in at the far post.

But they were denied a first win over Sweden since 22 May 1968 when they failed to clear another ball pumped into their box and Larsson pounced to poke home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweden: Isaksson, Lucic, Mellberg, Edman, Alexandersson, Linderoth (Andersson 90), Kallstrom, Ljungberg, Jonson (Wilhelmsson 54), Larsson, Allback (Elmander 74).
Subs Not Used: Alvbage, Hansson, Ibrahimovic, Nilsson, Rosenberg, Shaaban, Stenman, Anders Svensson, Karl Svensson.

Booked: Alexandersson, Ljungberg.

Goals: Allback 51, Larsson 90.

England: Robinson, Carragher, Ferdinand (Campbell 56), Terry, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Hargreaves, Joe Cole, Rooney (Gerrard 69), Owen (Crouch 4).
Subs Not Used: Bridge, Carrick, Carson, Downing, James, Jenas, Lennon, Neville, Walcott.

Booked: Hargreaves.

Goals: Joe Cole 34, Gerrard 85.

Att: 45,000.

Ref: Massimo Busacca (Switzerland).

20th June 2006 06:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
ENGLISH goal! LOL

FYA,WY?

Since England is the only British team in this WC I talked by the four countries there
20th June 2006 07:17 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Just like Argentina is gonna sweat tomorrow!

(oops, I meant Holland of course, lol)

Hahaha! You're so funny Angie!
We can bet something and make the things a little more interesting... If you're not afraid, of course!
20th June 2006 07:31 PM
Daethgod Kewell is in for the Aussies

Aus v Croatia, biggest game for Australia EVER !

bring it on !

20th June 2006 07:44 PM
sirmoonie Like watching a 1940s Nurmeburg rally. Sickens me seeing that nationalism, after all the agony and death it caused just a short time ago.
20th June 2006 08:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
We can bet something and make the things a little more interesting... If you're not afraid, of course!

LOL what do you mean bastardo?

20th June 2006 08:28 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

LOL what do you mean bastardo?

Just a simple bet...
21st June 2006 06:26 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Kewell is in for the Aussies

Aus v Croatia, biggest game for Australia EVER !

bring it on !

Cahill is a bit good too though!
21st June 2006 07:13 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Like watching a 1940s Nurmeburg rally. Sickens me seeing that nationalism, after all the agony and death it caused just a short time ago.

You are a funny American.
21st June 2006 07:15 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Just a simple bet...

Lol, too late.
I already bet that Argentina would beat my country's team with 1-3 tonight. My friend thinks it'll be 2-1 (Holland's win)...
21st June 2006 10:44 AM
albert He Angelique,

are you complete out of your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holland is going to win. Your friend(SSC?)is right!!
No discussion; no arguments!!

Understood??

by the way: better think twice for bet's (bed's??)with the Argentina people/guy's over here!!

gr,
Albert
Holland
21st June 2006 10:48 AM
Angiegirl Lol, every time I said Holland's gonna lose, they won, so, I say Holland's going down tonight 1-3.

I trust the Argentinians on this board

I'm working from home today, so I'm watching POR-MEX right now . Mexico, we'll see you on Sunday!
21st June 2006 10:52 AM
albert what's the score, POR-MEX?
21st June 2006 10:55 AM
gustavobala 1st half: portugal 2 - 1 mexico

1 st half: iran 0 - 0 angola
21st June 2006 10:57 AM
gustavobala argentina are strong....
21st June 2006 11:30 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
1st half: portugal 2 - 1 mexico
1 st half: iran 0 - 0 angola

por - mex 2-1 still
iran - angola 1-1

81 min

[Edited by Angiegirl]
21st June 2006 11:57 AM
Madafaka Good for you Angie, but your black magic will doesn't work tonight
Three hours to know the truth!

21st June 2006 12:06 PM
gustavobala madafcka, carlitos tevez play today? i like him!

angola 1 - 1 iran
portugal 2 - 1 mexico

portugal 9 pts
mexico 4 pts
angola 2 pts
iran 1 pt.

portugal (first) and mexico (secoind) from group D in advance to 2nd step!
21st June 2006 12:10 PM
Madafaka I don't know Gustavo, but surely yes
21st June 2006 12:28 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Good for you Angie, but your black magic will doesn't work tonight
Three hours to know the truth!

No, of course it won't work tonight. Because if I was to state right now that it would, that in itself would sabotage the technique

And, it's about 2 hours more before we know, because we won't know for sure till the end... (well, we will, if Argentina scores 6-0 before half-time...).

I'm ready, bring it on!!

21st June 2006 12:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mexico don't need no enemies to lose; first an absurd hand gave Portugal their second goal, then they can't score a penalty... but nothing not because the goalkeeper, I think our player thought it was American Football, then many opportunities lost, an absurd red card, etc etc

...and anyway Mexico is in the next round against either Netherlands or Argentina, so I think they will be back this Saturday.

Go Spain!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)