ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11th June 2006 05:12 PM
Highwire Rob Where's Gerardo? I want to hear him check in on his country's victory!
11th June 2006 06:49 PM
scratched
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Where's Gerardo? I want to hear him check in on his country's victory!

Probably 'celebrating'...
11th June 2006 07:38 PM
Scot Rocks I have an bet on the Netherlands at 16 - 1 to win, definately Get Kuyt in and Van Nistelroy out. Van Nistelroy is out of form and doesnt look sharp enough. Whats the feeling like in The Netherlands about the Serbia game?

Mark
12th June 2006 06:52 AM
egon sceptical. but we always bitch and whine about everything.
seems the "world press" was rather enthousiastic?
12th June 2006 07:12 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
sceptical. but we always bitch and whine about everything.
seems the "world press" was rather enthousiastic?

Yeah, but what do they know? Holland will trip over Argentina, and if that won't kill them, they'll trip over the rest of the teams in the next round .

[Edited by Angiegirl]
12th June 2006 10:07 AM
Scot Rocks 1 - 0 to Japan at half time against the Aussies, disputed goal by Celtic midfieler Nakamura.
12th June 2006 10:23 AM
Jumping Jack The Czech Republic is getting old and brittle. They will be going down today.
12th June 2006 10:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
1 - 0 to Japan at half time against the Aussies, disputed goal by Celtic midfieler Nakamura.

bit of a mixed day for the 'Tims', Mark!
12th June 2006 10:46 AM
Scot Rocks 1 - 1 Aussies equalise with 6min left

quote:
Gazza wrote:

bit of a mixed day for the 'Tims', Mark!

haha surely you dont mean that ageing midfielder from Cork Gaz, dont need him anyway to retain the league
12th June 2006 10:47 AM
Scot Rocks 2 - 1 to the Aussies! Cahill again! with only 2min left
12th June 2006 10:50 AM
Scot Rocks 3 - 1 Aussies! Aloisi! Japan totally dead on thier feet
12th June 2006 10:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:

haha surely you dont mean that ageing midfielder from Cork Gaz, dont need him anyway to retain the league

you're well shot of the c**t, to be honest
12th June 2006 11:16 AM
Highwire Rob Well done Aussies!!!! [The only sympathy I feel is for Japan coach, Zico--one of my favorite Brazil legends.]

Now our USA will be set to play their match in 45 mins.

GO USA!
12th June 2006 11:34 AM
time is on my side Hey just now saw this thread. Apparently, it was saved as a sticky.

Man, I'm really into this thing called The World Cup. Great stuff. Much like the Olympics I get into this once every four years.

Did you know that if Brazil had beaten France in the finals in 1998 that they would be going for their fourth World Cup title in a row??? I find that truly amazing. Still two out of three ain't bad.

My pick- Germany.

-----------------------------
12th June 2006 12:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Czech Republic is getting old and brittle. They will be going down today.

LOL, dream on mate!! They are one of the strongest teams in the world. Still.

Oh, and it's 1-0 in favour of the old and brittle team...
12th June 2006 12:21 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Well done Aussies!!!!

And well done Guus!!
12th June 2006 12:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Oh, and it's 1-0 in favour of the old and brittle team...

Excuse me, I meant 2-0 of course !!!
12th June 2006 12:41 PM
charlotte 2-0?? stop the match...stop the match...please
12th June 2006 12:43 PM
Jumping Jack LOL, if I can't talk trash at the start I will probably never get the chance later!
12th June 2006 12:44 PM
Angiegirl Well, Koller is out, so maybe the US have a chance...
12th June 2006 12:45 PM
time is on my side 2-0???? Already?????

I would say things look pretty bleak for team USA. Just not in this game but for the tournament. They have to face Italy next
12th June 2006 12:45 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
LOL, if I can't talk trash at the start I will probably never get the chance later!

lol!

Hey, Holland may have won, but they're not playing that great either, so I know how you feel!
12th June 2006 12:56 PM
Jumping Jack The first goal was beautiful, even if for the wrong team.
12th June 2006 01:34 PM
Angiegirl 3-0...
12th June 2006 01:35 PM
Jumping Jack We've been HUMILIATED!!! :-(
12th June 2006 01:36 PM
Angiegirl Lol, the Czech audience is going crazy
12th June 2006 02:31 PM
Angiegirl The Steelers who?
12th June 2006 02:49 PM
electric-duane
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
We've been HUMILIATED!!! :-(

I wouldn't say that. We just aren't a soccer, uh, football nation.

I rooted for the USA today even though I'm not a big soccer fan. My anti-American co-workers (I work in an office in Germany) will be happy to see me tomorrow just so they can rub it in my face.

It's too bad the team has to have extra-high security. I just read today that they're the only team whose bus isn't decorated with land and team name for fear of some sort of an attack. I guess that's 21st century sportsmanship.

The USA will always be the best for me. Go Amis!
12th June 2006 05:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Where's Gerardo? I want to hear him check in on his country's victory!

I'm back from a weekend in Zirahuen, I was there without clock, internet, TV, radio and celular phone. A very nice lake in the State of Michoacán with many activities including fishing, climbing, sailing and the biggest "tirolesa" in Latin America

...at the end I was informed about the results Mexico 3 Iran 1.

12th June 2006 05:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Apparently it's easy to Mexico the first round but then it will be either The Nethrelands or Argentina and I think it will be the end for us
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)