ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Special thanks to Angie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th June 2006 05:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
18th June 2006 05:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
What happens with France? Can't win a match...

Age is what happened to them I guess. Bye Zidane.
18th June 2006 05:12 PM
charlotte good thing they had a good draw...or bye bye
18th June 2006 05:28 PM
Madafaka At last France score in this WC for first time since 1998!

I'm expecting something more from Brazil... I really don't know what happen!

[Edited by Madafaka]
18th June 2006 05:46 PM
Bruno
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I'm expecting something more from Brazil... I really don't know what happen!

[Edited by Madafaka]

You can be sure we do it too!

Ronaldo The Fat was slightly better today but Robinho is still a better player.

And finaly Adriano was confident to score, I though he was kind of frightened against Croatia.
18th June 2006 05:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Brazil always do the same, they don't waste much enery or reveal techniques during the first step, then they become the best team.
18th June 2006 07:10 PM
stewed & Keefed Brazil 2-0 Australia

Goals from Adriano and substitute Fred sealed Brazil's place in the last 16 with a win over a gallant Australia.
The Socceroos' well-organised defence frustrated Brazil until Ronaldo squared for Adriano to score from 18 yards.

Harry Kewell blasted over an unguarded goal and Mark Viduka's lob landed on top of the net as Australia battled back and came close several times.

But Fred tapped home the second for the unconvincing holders after fellow sub Robinho's shot came back off the post.

Their second win sees them almost stumble through to the knockout stages.

Ronaldo started again for Brazil despite ongoing criticism over his performances and condition.

His first contribution in this game saw him lose control of an Emerson pass but his second was a delight as he flicked the ball over his head for Kaka to crash a volley inches wide.

Vince Grella's foul on Ronaldo gave Brazil's troupe of free-kick artistes an early chance to convene but Roberto Carlos's blast swung high and wide.

Typically there was no shortage of confidence from Australia and tactically manager Guus Hiddink had done his homework, detailing Jason Culina and Mile Sterjovski to close off the flanks to negate the threat of Carlos and Cafu.

Australia made the Brazilians work very hard for the win

Australia defended dutifully, marshalled by Craig Moore whose superbly-timed challenge only increased Ronaldo's frustration as he had a sight of goal.

Ronaldo picked up a needless booking for putting the ball in the net after being pulled back for offside and when presented with a chance by Kaka's chipped pass, completely missed his kick in front of goal.

It took Brazil just three minutes of the second half to forge the breakthrough as Australia switched off defensively for the first time.

Ronaldo looked offside as he collected a through pass but he squared the ball for Adriano who took advantage as Scott Chipperfield failed to close quickly enough to score left-footed from 18 yards.

Australia were presented with a golden chance as Dida dropped a cross but substitute Kewell blazed over the unguarded goal.

Kewell then almost embarrassed Dida, dipping a 40-yard shot inches over the bar after spotting the keeper off his line.

Australia went for broke but Robinho, on for the disappointing Ronaldo, almost punished them on the break, nicking the ball over keeper Mark Schwarzer and onto the roof of the net.

At the other end Dida went full length to claw away Mark Breschiano's volley, while Kaka thumped a header against the bar from a corner.

Viduka's lob left Dida stranded but agonisingly landed on the roof of the net and as Australia threw everything forward in search of an equaliser they had Brazil on the rack.

But substitute Fred sealed victory with a second goal to flatter Brazil, tapping home after Robinho's shot came back off the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil: Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Juan, Carlos, Kaka, Emerson (Gilberto 72), Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (Robinho 72), Adriano (Fred 88).
Subs Not Used: Cicinho, Cris, Julio Cesar, Juninho, Luisao, Mineiro, Ricardinho, Rogerio, Silva.

Booked: Cafu, Ronaldo, Robinho.

Goals: Adriano 49, Fred 90.

Australia: Schwarzer, Moore (Aloisi 69), Popovic (Bresciano 40), Neill, Chipperfield, Emerton, Grella, Sterjovski, Cahill (Kewell 56), Culina, Viduka.
Subs Not Used: Beauchamp, Covic, Kalac, Kennedy, Lazaridis, Milligan, Skoko, Thompson, Wilkshire.

Booked: Emerton, Culina.

Att: 66,000

Referee: Markus Merk (Germany).

18th June 2006 07:12 PM
stewed & Keefed France 1-1 South Korea

France remain without a win in the World Cup finals since their 1998 victory over Brazil after South Korea came from behind to snatch a point.
Thierry Henry gave France an early lead, latching on to Sylvain Wiltord's deflected shot to sidefoot home.

Patrick Vieira also looked to have scored, but the referee failed to give the goal, penalising Florent Malouda as he tried to force in the rebound.

But with 10 minutes to go Park Ji-sung punished some sloppy French defending.

The draw left South Korea top of Group G with four points, two ahead of France, who are in jeopardy of crashing out of the World Cup at the group stages for the second successive time.

France spurned two chances to score in a frenetic finale, Vieira ballooning the ball over the bar from a good position and Henry missing with just the goalkeeper to beat.

Henry had given France the perfect start

The 1998 winners had looked soporific in their opening game against Switzerland but Raymond Domenech's side gave an altogether more alert performance until they slackened off in the closing stages.

Malouda's return had much to do with France's improvement as les bleus played at a much quicker tempo than they had managed against the Swiss.

Just as importantly Vieira gave a more convincing performance as well in the centre of midfield for France.

France laid siege to the South Korean goal in the opening 10 minutes and Lee Woon-jae did well to come out and narrow the angle to prevent Sylvain Wiltord from scoring.

The South Korean goalkeeper had no chance of stopping France's next attack - Henry took one touch before he found the net with deadly precision.

France should have had a second goal when Vieira's header clearly crossed the line, despite Lee Woon-jae's desperate efforts to keep the ball out.

When the ball came out of the goal Malouda lunged to reach it and in doing so he was penalised for fouling Ho Lee.

For 75 minutes of the game South Korea's attacks had tended to peter out the nearer they got to France's goal.

Just before the interval France goalkeeper Fabien Barthez had a momentary scare when Lee Chun-soo's free-kick went narrowly wide after it travelled through a packed penalty area.

Barthez was just as inactive for much of the second half but in the 81st minute when he was called on to be decisive he flapped in a desperately indecisive fashion.

Zidane was booked in late on and will now miss the next game

Seol Ki-Hyeon's deep cross from the right was headed back by Cho Jin-Jae and Park scooped the ball over Barthez and William Gallas.

Zinedine Zidane was then booked for France and will now miss the third match, possibly bringing down the curtain on his career in a way he could never have envisaged.

Having reached the semi-finals in 2002, South Korea had been written off in the build-up to Germany 2006, but Dick Advocaat's side are on the verge of reaching the last 16, surprising all expectations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France: Barthez, Abidal, Gallas, Thuram, Sagnol, Malouda (Dhorasoo 88), Vieira, Makelele, Zidane (Trezeguet 90), Wiltord (Ribery 60), Henry.
Subs Not Used: Boumsong, Chimbonda, Coupet, Diarra, Givet, Govou, Landreau, Saha, Silvestre.

Booked: Abidal, Zidane.

Goals: Henry 9.

South Korea: Woon-Jae Lee, Young-Chul Kim, Dong-Jin Kim, Choi, Young-Pyo Lee, Nam-Il Kim, Ji-Sung Park, Eul-Yong Lee (Seol 45), Ho Lee (Sang-Sik Kim 69), Chun-Soo Lee (Ahn 72), Jae-Jin Cho.
Subs Not Used: Baek, Won-hee Cho, Chung, Do-Heon Kim, Jin-Kyu Kim, Yong-Dae Kim, Young-Kwang Kim, Chu-Young Park, Song.

Booked: Ho Lee, Dong-Jin Kim.

Goals: Ji-Sung Park 81.

Att: 43,000.

Ref: Benito Archundia Tellez (Mexico).

18th June 2006 08:00 PM
stonedinaustralia well congratulations JJ

a bit disappointed down this end - Australia was a match for Brazil for most of the game - a momentary lapse in an otherwise solid defence let through the first goak and , as noted in S & K's report, the second goal to brazil "flattered" the winning team to a degree and didin't really reflect the match as a whole

now it's down to the wire for Australia - we must, at least, draw with croatia to make it to the second round
18th June 2006 08:03 PM
glencar This is so exciting! I might watch the next USA game...
19th June 2006 03:34 AM
Jumacfly France sucks monkey balls!!
Awful scenario with a forgotten goal...we must beat togo now...If we can t we got nothing to do in Germany!
19th June 2006 03:34 AM
Jumacfly France sucks monkey balls!!
Awful scenario with a forgotten goal...we must beat togo now...If we can t we got nothing to do in Germany!
19th June 2006 04:54 AM
caro *siiiiiiiiiiiigh*
Well I didn't think France sucked during this game, but still I don't have much hope for the rest of the 1st round.
19th June 2006 05:42 AM
Gazza Your ability to beat Togo shouldnt be up for debate. A two goal win will be enough, a one goal win may do it also

Korean fans were incredible, werent they?

Bad luck on the Aussies. I thought they played really well. They're superior to Croatia however and should still qualify, especially as they only need a draw.
19th June 2006 05:45 AM
maumau hi, back on italy-usa game
i am italian, this is my take on it

I think that tactically USA were better than Italy from the start of the game (in a way very similar Australia was better than Brazil last night or Croatia than Brazil in the first game). We have better players technically. That is way we scored first.

About the referee:
De Rossi's red card was obviously well deserved and our Federation has already declared they won't appeal to the sentence that probably will make De Rossi miss 2 or 3 games.
Pope red card was also well deserved because he made many fouls a part from the two that deserved yellow cards and rightly so.
Mastroeni red card could have been a yellow one and the referee applied strictly to the rules in that one (referees don't do that always, but it can't said it was not deserved at all)
The USA second score was rightly annulled because of active offside of the usa player in front of our goal keeper (he even made a move with his left foot as to deviate the ball)

We had at least 5/6 offsides that everyone has seen were wrong

In another match mr. Onyewu would have ended his game after the first 20 minutes.

In the end I think mr Arena cant say anything against a referee (and his assistants) that supported so well his offside tactic and punished fairly italians (Totti's yellow card however was not fair).
Mr Arena was frustrated because he saw his team play a better football but could not score (in fact we did that for them) and so he found nothing better that put the blame on the referee.
I understand the frustration but it is not fair.
Italian players were frustrated because they saw the middlefield (core of the game) in the hands of americans from the beginning and De Rossi, who is young and stupid and already showed that, lose once again his chickenhead and left the team - that already was outnumbered because of tactics - in 10 against 11.

In the end i think 1-1 was right and no one should complain if not against themselves.
19th June 2006 05:52 AM
Daethgod cant wait for Friday Morning Oz time
Aus v Croatia

cmon Aussies cmon !

19th June 2006 05:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Your ability to beat Togo shouldnt be up for debate. A two goal win will be enough, a one goal win may do it also

Korean fans were incredible, werent they?

Bad luck on the Aussies. I thought they played really well. They're superior to Croatia however and should still qualify, especially as they only need a draw.

Hi Gazza

Korean fans are amazing...french fans were like the team..tired and bored!!
I hope we re going to win just to make the arrogant swiss bastards shut up...
19th June 2006 06:14 AM
Jumping Jack Single names are OK for someone unique like "Ronaldo" but WTF is up with "Fred"? My apologies to all the Freds out there, but it is hardly distinctive. Maybe they should sell T-shirts that say Who The Fuck Is Fred?
19th June 2006 06:42 AM
Gazza I wondered that myself! It doesnt exactly trip off the tongue like "Ronaldinho", does it?

Brazilian names are often quite long, so a lot of them down the years have used nicknames, eg Pele, Zico, Socrates, etc

Fred's real name is Frederico Chaves Guedes, apparently. I suppose it would be a fuckin nightmare trying to print all that on a shirt
19th June 2006 10:12 AM
gustavobala
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Fat Ronaldo doesn't scare anybody no more...... Fuckin' lazy idiot. After his replacement for Robinho, the team started behaving like they were supposed to. Fuck, please, don't put Ronaldo again, he ain't nothing.

my friend JJ.....ok, ronaldo is fat, but have 3 defenders when he send the ball to adriano

well, this is not so much, but the ronaldo´s fear can be good for us!

yes...is good robinho enter after the another team are tired (with 70 minutes)...no?
19th June 2006 10:15 AM
Gazza I didnt think Ronaldo was THAT bad yesterday, to be honest. The Aussies obviously reckoned he was dangerous enough. They seemed to have about 3 men around him every time the ball went near him.
19th June 2006 10:21 AM
gustavobala
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Brazil always do the same, they don't waste much enery or reveal techniques during the first step, then they become the best team.

just like the all the world cup, the 2nd phase we will play better than yesterday....
19th June 2006 10:25 AM
gustavobala
quote:
maumau wrote:
hi, back on italy-usa game
i am italian, this is my take on it

I think that tactically USA were better than Italy from the start of the game (in a way very similar Australia was better than Brazil last night or Croatia than Brazil in the first game). We have better players technically. That is way we scored first.

LOL..... sorry but this is funny!!!!!
19th June 2006 10:27 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Single names are OK for someone unique like "Ronaldo" but WTF is up with "Fred"? My apologies to all the Freds out there, but it is hardly distinctive. Maybe they should sell T-shirts that say Who The Fuck Is Fred?

frederico = fred (i think if was a english called freddy)

my mom says that my name almost was frederico

[Edited by gustavobala]
19th June 2006 10:33 AM
Gazza and here's some Stones relevance to this thread.....

The World Cup is Mick’s main goal

19/06/06

RONNIE WOOD is in rehab, Keith Richards is recovering from brain surgery and the whole band will soon be collecting their pensions but Mick Jagger tells us nothing will stop the Rolling Stones from touring.

"Keith is doing great, and so’s Ronnie. We’ll still be doing the tour, don’t worry," reassured Sir Mick.

In fact, the sports-mad singer, 62, is more concerned about the England football team. He and partner L’Wren Scott, above, turned up at the glittering Quintessentially garden party at London’s Debenham House, close to midnight having watched the World Cup at home.

"I never miss England," said Sir Mick, adding that he was less than impressed with their performance against Trinidad & Tobago. "They did have me worried. They need to buck their ideas up."

He also scoffed at the celebratory "robot dance" favoured by lanky striker Peter Crouch. "What’s that all about? Put it this way, I wouldn’t have him up on stage with me."

-Daily Express
19th June 2006 10:36 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Gazza wrote:
and here's some Stones relevance to this thread.....

The World Cup is Mick’s main goal

19/06/06

RONNIE WOOD is in rehab, Keith Richards is recovering from brain surgery and the whole band will soon be collecting their pensions but Mick Jagger tells us nothing will stop the Rolling Stones from touring.

"Keith is doing great, and so’s Ronnie. We’ll still be doing the tour, don’t worry," reassured Sir Mick.

In fact, the sports-mad singer, 62, is more concerned about the England football team. He and partner L’Wren Scott, above, turned up at the glittering Quintessentially garden party at London’s Debenham House, close to midnight having watched the World Cup at home.

"I never miss England," said Sir Mick, adding that he was less than impressed with their performance against Trinidad & Tobago. "They did have me worried. They need to buck their ideas up."

He also scoffed at the celebratory "robot dance" favoured by lanky striker Peter Crouch. "What’s that all about? Put it this way, I wouldn’t have him up on stage with me."

-Daily Express

i remember mick in the middle of english crowd in 98 world cup, singing and dancing.....
19th June 2006 11:03 AM
gustavobala Swiss 2 - 0 Togo

france needs wins the next game

korea 4
swiss 4
france 2
togo 0
19th June 2006 11:23 AM
maumau
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

LOL..... sorry but this is funny!!!!!

what is funny? that i dare say croatia and australia played a better soccer as a team than brazil?
well I am sorry but i think everyone could see that

The only difference between Brazil and Italy that i can see now is that you have better players technically so that you can play bad and win while we can't. Usa played a better soccer as a team and they stopped us.

Of course if Brazil win playing this way there'll be no hope for anyone else when they start playing as a team

or maybe they simply will win the same playing as they do now...that is b.a.d.
19th June 2006 11:23 AM
Bruno I remember seeing Jagger watching England against other team I forgot by tv in the Cup 98, it was cool
19th June 2006 11:29 AM
caro
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
Swiss 2 - 0 Togo

france needs wins the next game

Enfer et damnation!! (<-- means "congrats to the Swiss" in case anyone wondered)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)