ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
25th May 2006 03:55 PM
glencar I must go see Shining City right now. Adios mi neuve amigos!
25th May 2006 03:55 PM
Some Guy
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

___________--

You have brought great honor to this thread.

On behalf of JB and all who now call this thread home, I thank you...

you're welcome
25th May 2006 03:57 PM
LadyJane Thanks Blue

Sadly, I believe JB is serious and no longer wishes to be my friend.

I truly feel bad.

LJ.
25th May 2006 03:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks Blue

I truly feel bad.

LJ.

unacceptable
25th May 2006 03:59 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks Blue

I truly feel bad.

LJ.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th May 2006 05:51 PM
GotToRollMe Oy.
25th May 2006 05:54 PM
lotsajizz JB's in a bad mood today...taking any disagreement with his views personally

25th May 2006 06:00 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
JB's in a bad mood today...taking any disagreement with his views personally

Pre-menstrual perhaps?????
25th May 2006 10:57 PM
2000monkey If Keith Richard has had a stroke he would have been in rehab for days if not weeks no matter if the stroke was mild or severe.Also soemone from the stroke and rehab units at the hospital would have leaked it to the press if he had been there.
25th May 2006 11:13 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I truly feel bad.

LJ.

He's trying to settle a case, and it's probably going to trial. Add a million other little things. Je might just be stressed. I hope I'm right, and it should pass. Jb is a good guy, he loves you, I know this!
26th May 2006 03:52 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
pdog wrote:
He's trying to settle a case, and it's probably going to trial

Enron? I thought that was settled?
26th May 2006 11:39 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
jb wrote: "I am smarter tham any fucker on this board"

uh....that's VERY debatable.

Debatable?.....its the joke of the year!!!!!!!!!!!
26th May 2006 11:40 AM
pdog
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Enron? I thought that was settled?

Jb can actually keep guilty people out of jail, he's that good!
26th May 2006 11:43 AM
gimmekeef Okay...been travelling on business...Likely this is old news but...my eamil from RS.COM said they will announce rescheduled dates for the 15 shows and hang on to tickets?....Has this been changed or just pr bullshit??...Sorry..been outta the loop..Thanks
26th May 2006 11:46 AM
egon yes that's pretty much the deal.

and still no definite news when the tour will actually start
26th May 2006 11:47 AM
glencar That's the word on the street, Cap'n. I can't see them just cancelling all that moolah & pissing off all those fans.
26th May 2006 11:48 AM
Riffhard Egon have a great time in Barcelona tomarrow! Any guesses on the set list? Please post pics and setlist asap!!

TIA!

Riffy
26th May 2006 11:50 AM
egon Thanks riffy, Can't wait. It's gonna rock!
26th May 2006 11:51 AM
glencar Are you really going anyway?
26th May 2006 11:56 AM
egon nope.

i shall wait for new dates, but if it's not in a weekend,
i don't think i can make it. only have 25 holidays a year,
so have to use them wisely (already gonig to the states this year for 3 weeks)

Oh well, i still have Nice with Gazza (and maybe jumy....)
26th May 2006 12:02 PM
pdog The Stones are so over! This sucks!
26th May 2006 12:09 PM
MrPleasant Remember the opening sequence of Apocalypse Now? That's what I'm feeling right now, dear friends. Bad vibes; bad vibes...
26th May 2006 12:10 PM
glencar
quote:
egon wrote:
nope.

i shall wait for new dates, but if it's not in a weekend,
i don't think i can make it. only have 25 holidays a year,
so have to use them wisely (already gonig to the states this year for 3 weeks)

Oh well, i still have Nice with Gazza (and maybe jumy....)

When to the USA?
26th May 2006 12:49 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Remember the opening sequence of Apocalypse Now? That's what I'm feeling right now, dear friends. Bad vibes; bad vibes...

________

The horror...

The horror...
26th May 2006 12:59 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Debatable?.....its the joke of the year!!!!!!!!!!!

Joke of the yerar....O.K. ...tell me who is smarter and more successful here...I came from poverty, loss of father, sister , etc...had nothing but worked my ass off and finished in the top 2% of my highschool. I was accepted to several schools, including several Ivy League , but chose UF as I wanted to be close to my mom and it was about a 4.5 hr drive from North Miami Beach. I graduated with high honors and was immediatedly accepted to Univ Of Miami as well as 2 other very prominent Law Schools .At UM I finished in the top 4% of my class and won various academic awards...I am a Phi Beta Kapa, Orde 0f the Coif, Golden key,etc, and made the Deans list evey semester after my 1st quarter...
Then I get a job after only 1 week of graduating and for 8 yrs bring in more money than any other associate...In fact, I rarely lost any trial or even motion calenders ....Then, I develop such a great r/s with the clients, I leave and open muy own firm..My first year out I doublerd my income..almost unheard of in this practice...I have been a trial lawyer for the past 10 yrs on my own...I have no partners and do everything myself ....I am a rerspectd memeber of both the State and Fedreal Bar, and have handled cases including, but not limited to, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, divorce, bankruptcy, title 7, ADA, foreclosures, and even admiralty law....I have lectured on variuous subjects and have even taught at a local school as a guest teacher ....I have been awared numerous honors and have appeared in the legal newspaper for certain case I handled....Now, I know my grammar is not the greatest, so yeah, maybe some are better in English than I, ...but if you think this board character is in any way reflective of who I really am, than I think it is pretty sad..yes, I like having a few beers and a good laugh whe I met some of you ..and I alwasy acted respectfl and generous..i.e I put my money where my mouth is...I enjoy the board and obviously anyone who has followed it, gets my humor-weather you like it or not- it is patently obvious that it is sarcastic. Nonetheless, I have actually have recieved threats from people....I ignore them- even though one call to my friend at the DA would make those persons lives quite miserable for awhile..the differenc is I get it...people post things on the internet they would never say in public....I was at 17 shows and anyone who wanted to start with me could have...I dare say it would have been really fun to see someone try to take a shot....and they better have made it a good one.
Now, back on topic, I want to know who here has the academic background, honors, and income I have....I run my own practice and have averaged 3 million in gross fees over the past 4 yrs............I don't know if that makes me smart, but I know not to many of you are doing that.....and I didn't inherit money, hit the lotto, etc,,,,,,I am currently trying to settle a 600k case and still have time to fuck around on this booard..b/c unlike some, when it hits five, I don't go home...I usually work till 9 O'clock and weekends so that I am prepared ...and I am always more prepared than my opponent b/c I work harder and yes, I am smarter...atleast that's what most judges and juries think...I'll match my record with any atty ..................bottom line, I have a few friends here, enjoy the Stones, but my life is not going to end if the Stones can't tour anymore..it was for that very reason that I saw so many shows in NA as I had a gut instinct that it could be the last time...maybe I was just being smart.. And uyes, as pointed out above, I am not in a very good frame of mind right now.

[Edited by jb]
26th May 2006 01:08 PM
Nellcote JB, have I thanked you for trading Josh Beckett to us?
I see young Hanley is not working out too bad for the Fish.
Whatsup with the Heat, good to get one in Detroit though.
I still hate Counterfiet Bill Lambeer.
Please take HazMat Clement, we might even throw in Gabe Kapler, the hasidic homeboy, however, he's a bit gimpy right now for Dontrelle Willis, can you make this happen?
Did I tell you Aerosmith played at our high school in 1973?
My uncle was a janitor there, he got me in, however, then complained of hearing issues until he died, he swore it was Joe Perry's loud playing, I told him it was an injury he suffered at the bakery he used to work at, too much exposure to dough.
I'm on alergy meds today, so if I'm rambling, people get a kick out of it.
This capital police thang on PMSNBC has been going on far too long.
Anyway, let me know on Dontrelle..
Ciao!
26th May 2006 01:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Joke of the yerar....O.K. ...tell me who is smarter and more successful here...I came from poverty, loss of father, sister , etc...had nothing but worked my ass off and finished in the top 2% of my highschool. I was accepted to several schools, including several Ivy League , but chose UF as I wanted to be close to my mom and it was about a 4.5 hr drive from North Miami Beach. I graduated with high honors and was immediatedly accepted to Univ Of Miami as well as 2 other very prominent Law Schools .At UM I finished in the top 4% of my class and won various academic awards...I am a Phi Beta Kapa, Orde 0f the Coif, Golden key,etc, and made the Deans list evey semester after my 1st quarter...
Then I get a job after only 1 week of graduating and for 8 yrs bring in more money than any other associate...In fact, I rarely lost any trial or even motion calenders ....Then, I develop such a great r/s with the clients, I leave and open muy own firm..My first year out I doublerd my income..almost unheard of in this practice...I have been a trial lawyer for the past 10 yrs on my own...I have no partners and do everything myself ....I am a rerspectd memeber of both the State and Fedreal Bar, and have handled cases including, but not limited to, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, divorce, bankruptcy, title 7, ADA, foreclosures, and even admiralty law....I have lectured on variuous subjects and have even taught at a local school as a guest teacher ....I have been awared numerous honors and have appeared in the legal newspaper for certain case I handled....Now, I know my grammar is not the greatest, so yeah, maybe some are better in English than I, ...but if you think this board character is in any way reflective of who I really am, than I think it is pretty sad..yes, I like having a few beers and a good laugh whe I met some of you ..and I alwasy acted respectfl and generous..i.e I put my money where my mouth is...I enjoy the board and obviously anyone who has followed it, gets my humor-weather you like it or not- it is patently obvious that it is sarcastic. Nonetheless, I have actually have recieved threats from people....I ignore them- even though one call to my friend at the DA would make those persons lives quite miserable for awhile..the differenc is I get it...people post things on the internet they would never say in public....I was at 17 shows and anyone who wanted to start with me could have...I dare say it would have been really fun to see someone try to take a shot....and they better have made it a good one.
Now, back on topic, I want to know who here has the academic background, honors, and income I have....I run my own practice and have averaged 3 million in gross fees over the past 4 yrs............I don't know if that makes me smart, but I know not to many of you are doing that.....and I didn't inherit money, hit the lotto, etc,,,,,,I am currently trying to settle a 600k case and still have time to fuck around on this booard..b/c unlike some, when it hits five, I don't go home...I usually work till 9 O'clock and weekends so that I am prepared ...and I am always more prepared than my opponent b/c I work harder and yes, I am smarter...atleast that's what most judges and juries think...I'll match my record with any atty ..................bottom line, I have a few friends here, enjoy the Stones, but my life is not going to end if the Stones can't tour anymore..it was for that very reason that I saw so many shows in NA as I had a gut instinct that it could be the last time...maybe I was just being smart.. And uyes, as pointed out above, I am not in a very good frame of mind right now.

[Edited by jb]

thanks jb good posting
26th May 2006 01:15 PM
LadyJane This is where I'd normally jump to your defense JB.

I admire you as you are the definitive self made man.

Sorry things are tough for you right now.

And I'm sorry that I cannot get past the Stones demise as easily as others. I guess I just find it difficult to deal with yet another loss. But I'll survive. We all will.

As far as your private email....well...it's your choice.

And I respect you.

fondly,
LJ.

26th May 2006 01:41 PM
pdog Jb, you must love LJ, she is the purest form of love and friendship on the boards!
She's undeletable...
26th May 2006 01:43 PM
jb I apologize to Ladyjane as I was really pissed and overreacrtd..very uncharacteristic. Ignore my e-mail and pretedn it didn't happen..Obviously I cae for you or I wouldn't have been so upset...just a bad day...(please see my e-mail lj).
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)