ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
25th May 2006 03:06 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

When you have 1/3 of what I do, bitch about my grammar. You are nobody to me..and I guarante I am smarter than any of you...not even close...And you couldn't afford the guy I pay to clean my dogs anal glands..
[Edited by jb]

_________-

Well, it would seem, if you are in possession of an 18.6 inch cock, I already have just a bit more than 1/3 of what you do, so I assume that gives me the ok to bitch about your grammar...
25th May 2006 03:08 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

....except it and move on....Life is not about living vicariously through a band....

thanks so much. I feel so much better now.

Sometimes, you just aren't funny.

LJ.
25th May 2006 03:10 PM
FotiniD
quote:
the good wrote:
Would you guys get a grip! None of you know ANYTHING! Just relax.

That, I think, is the most "sane" reaction to all we're all hearing spreading like a wild fire, back and forth.

By that, I don't mean to show ANY negativity to PeerQueer or Sammy or anyone else who shares what he's heard. You guys are right to share this with all of us and it's OK - BUT, there is one big "but" here.

No matter how reliable any "source" may be, I always take it with a pinch of salt, cause you never know how these things work. A rumour may leak and soon something small may turn into a huge thing - your source may be certain and then it turns out, well, it wasn't such a big deal. That's why I'm stressing we shouldn't pay much attention to most of the things that we keep hearing about - even when they come from "reliable" sources. That said, the only "reliable" source I have faith in, in all this, is Keith himself. When I'll see Keith himself talking about it, then I can be sure it's all 100% alright.

But until then, there's not much we can do. And please my dearest LJ, try not to cry! There's no point in getting depressed over something we're not SURE of. I know how you feel, I know how hard it is and how you connect it with your mum, I know dear, but please try to remember it's just a rumour. Just something that's been said. Think of all the times we've heard "this is the last time" or "they're really breaking up after this" or "Keith's gonna die by the end of the year" and all that stuff. Nothing's certain. There's no real information here - just rumours.

And regarding the stroke theory - although I do agree that what PeerQueer wrote sounds possible, it's as possible that Keith might just need a long recovery after a brain surgery. Brain surgeries are no laughing matter one way or another - be it after a stroke or after a fall. So for me, yeah, it might be possible he did fall of the god damn tree and he does need the time to recover. And at times like these, maybe even he doesn't feel like talking to the press or holding press conferences to say how he feels.

What IS very encouraging is that they haven't scrapped the whole tour - they haven't either cancelled anything yet, just postponing. I think we can keep optimistic just by that. And of course the fact that our man is one tough guy - he is LJ, and I bet you this ain't gonna be the last time we've seen him up on stage. Just take heart there, everything will be alright and we'll all forget about this stupid situation.
[Edited by FotiniD]
25th May 2006 03:11 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

He does appear to be trying too hard lately.

He has called himself a "real" Stones fan, while also calling Keith a pussy and telling fans like you to "get over it" - then following that up with stating he is the smartest fucker in here and that he has an 18.6 inch cock!

I haven't been around this board nearly as long as some, but that kind of behavior strikes me as both quite odd and terribly disrespectful, particularly given the unknown condition of Keith at this time...
25th May 2006 03:13 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

That, I think, is the most "sane" reaction to all we're all hearing spreading like a wild fire, back and forth.

By that, I don't mean to show ANY negativity to PeerQueer or Sammy or anyone else who shares what he's heard. You guys are right to share this with all of us and it's OK - BUT, there is one big "but" here.

No matter how reliable any "source" may be, I always take it with a pinch of salt, cause you never know how these things work. A rumour may leak and soon something small may turn into a huge thing - your source may be certain and then it turns out, well, it wasn't such a big deal. That's why I'm stressing we shouldn't pay much attention to most of the things that we keep hearing about - even when they come from "reliable" sources. That said, the only "reliable" source I have faith in, in all this, is Keith himself. When I'll see Keith himself talking about it, then I can be sure it's all 100% alright.

But until then, there's not much we can do. And please my dearest LJ, try not to cry! There's no point in getting depressed over something we're not SURE of. I know how you feel, I know how hard it is and how you connect it with your mum, I know dear, but please try to remember it's just a rumour. Just something that's been said. Think of all the times we've heard "this is the last time" or "they're really breaking up after this" or "Keith's gonna die by the end of the year" and all that stuff. Nothing's certain. There's no real information here - just rumours.

And regarding the stroke theory - although I do agree that what PeerQueer wrote sounds possible, it's as possible that Keith might just need a long recovery after a brain surgery. Brain surgeries are no laughing matter one way or another - be it after a stroke or after a fall. So for me, yeah, it might be possible he did fall of the god damn tree and he does need the time to recover. And at times like these, maybe even he doesn't feel like talking to the press or holding press conferences to say how he feels.

What IS very encouraging is that they haven't scrapped the whole tour - they haven't either cancelled anything yet, just postponing. I think we can keep optimistic just by that. And of course the fact that our man is one tough guy - he is LJ, and I bet you this ain't gonna be the last time we've seen him up on stage. Just keep heart there, everything will be alright and we'll all forget about this stupid situation.

__________-

I like how you put it - thanks for the comments!
25th May 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

Oh really....then don't consider me a friend. I ahve had it today. Sadly, I am no longer friendly with :
1)LJ
2)Moonie
3)Lotofjizz

I never was or would be friends with Peer Queer, so no big deal.
sammy davis jr. JB is like Madonna.....he just likes attention. Evidently he doesn't get it at home. (Note the 3Million posts)
sammy davis jr. JB is like Madonna.....he just likes attention. Evidently he doesn't get it at home. (Note the 3Million posts)
25th May 2006 03:17 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

LJ, Joshy might not always be funny but whilst doing some backbreaking yardwork I recalled his post about howe Witchy Poo haunted his boyhood dreams & it caused me to laugh a bit.
25th May 2006 03:19 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

Oh really....then don't consider me a friend. I ahve had it today. Sadly, I am no longer friendly with :
1)LJ
2)Moonie
3)Lotofjizz

I never was or would be friends with Peer Queer, so no big deal.

Perhaps the so-called Jew is to blame...
25th May 2006 03:22 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
JB is like Madonna.....he just likes attention. Evidently he doesn't get it at home. (Note the 3Million posts)

________

Yeah, but an 18.6 inch cock!!!!!!!!!

He could open for the Stones with that show!!!!!!

Perhaps he was actually dealing in multiples of ten...
25th May 2006 03:24 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

and sometimes he's spot on

25th May 2006 03:25 PM
FotiniD Micksbrain wrote on IORR:

I saw the "Stroke Story". THat's not exactly what I would call it - he didn't have a stroke. What the deal is is when they did all the X-rays they DID find a blood clot that, if it had broken away from the blood vessel/artery wall would have caused a stroke. So some people are saying this accident is a sort of gift in disguise.......I suppose if this story is 100% accurate then it's true it was a gift in disguise....

French national radio said the story about the clot being there before the fall - so if that's the case (it's hard to tell truth from fiction, but anyway) then this could be the fact that led to the stroke rumour, perhaps.

But a "possible" stroke is a completely different thing from a "stroke" itself.

So patience children... The truth will come out sooner or later! Nothing hidden under the sun!
25th May 2006 03:26 PM
PeerQueer [quote]lotsajizz wrote:

and sometimes he's spot on

Much like a broken watch twice a day...
25th May 2006 03:28 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Micksbrain wrote on IORR:

I saw the "Stroke Story". THat's not exactly what I would call it - he didn't have a stroke. What the deal is is when they did all the X-rays they DID find a blood clot that, if it had broken away from the blood vessel/artery wall would have caused a stroke. So some people are saying this accident is a sort of gift in disguise.......I suppose if this story is 100% accurate then it's true it was a gift in disguise....

French national radio said the story about the clot being there before the fall - so if that's the case (it's hard to tell truth from fiction, but anyway) then this could be the fact that led to the stroke rumour, perhaps.

But a "possible" stroke is a completely different thing from a "stroke" itself.

So patience children... The truth will come out sooner or later! Nothing hidden under the sun!

If this is true, Keith Richards is undeniably the toughest and most luck figure in all of modern rock...his legend continues to grow.

Be well Keith - you are an amazing bastard!
25th May 2006 03:30 PM
Some Guy We will get the truth soon enough
25th May 2006 03:32 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
We will get the truth soon enough

...about JB's 18.6 inch cock?????
25th May 2006 03:33 PM
LadyJane Sadly we are all getting WAY out of line, myself included.

I call for an immediate cease of this madness.

We all wish Keith the best, right?

Let's focus our attention and energy on sending him good wishes.

Josh...I will always love you. Just wish I had your thick skin.

LJ.
25th May 2006 03:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Sadly we are all getting WAY out of line, myself included.

I call for an immediate cease of this madness.

We all wish Keith the best, right?

Let's focus our attention and energy on sending him good wishes.

LJ.

very classy.
25th May 2006 03:34 PM
glencar LJ, you are a living doll. I hope all this Joshyanger passes quickly. I can understand not liking PQ but you? That's carazeeeeeeeeeeee.
25th May 2006 03:36 PM
Nellcote I offer my original post towards Mahatma's original question, rather than dwell on the here and now, let's look forward to how the US leg will be conducted...

Mahatma, my friend.
I'm thinking that the next installment of US shows will be promoted at popular store chain in the US, 7/11, via the purchase of the super large Slurpee, the official drink of the Motherland India. It will go something along this line.
The flavor of the drink is Fijian Coconut, you must consume the drink in order for the special heat sensitive plastics to take effect, in the special collector's cup, which will show a special 900 number to call. The cup is a surcharge beyond the purchase of the drink, so you will know.
Once the code appears, there will be instructions to call the 900 number, enter the special code, travel thru five menus of language identifiers, whereupon another special code will be given. This code is in Kalaallisut, the official language of Greenland. You will have ten seconds to translate this code. You would then text this code to a computer, using another 900 number, which is given before the text message code. You will receive an email, with a password, which you would need to take to a web site, using a broadband cable access service, to allow entrance to a virtual waiting room system, for the opportunity to view a proposed schedule of tour dates in the US. These dates are subject to the health of all band members, and may be changed at any time. You will be have 3.25 minutes to complete the process, you will be allowed to view the tentative schedule for 30 seconds.

We thank you for your continued support and cooperation.

[Edited by Nellcote]
25th May 2006 03:36 PM
PeerQueer [quote]LadyJane wrote:

LJ.
_____________-

Well, given this apparent size and girth of his member...

(sorry, I could not resist that set up!)
25th May 2006 03:37 PM
glencar You do love cock!
25th May 2006 03:39 PM
PeerQueer I hereby present my offer to cease and desist at JB's expense...

I shall take the classy example set by LJ and extend the proverbial hand of peace.

Accept my offer JB, and we shall go from this place friends...
25th May 2006 03:40 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
You do love cock!

Please Glencar, this thread has taken on a more dignified and peaceful tone...desist in your attempts to sully the honor of JB and all those who now call him friend...
25th May 2006 03:43 PM
glencar It was you that was directed at! But let's not get all Dixie Chicks about this.
25th May 2006 03:46 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was you that was directed at! But let's not get all Dixie Chicks about this.

By directing said words at anyone now associated with this thread of new-found peace you would bring dishonor to all who now have come to mutual acceptance of our former disagreements.

Where once there was hate and misunderstanding, there only remains LOVE...
25th May 2006 03:48 PM
Some Guy Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
You say
One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We've got to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I've got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you've got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We've got to
Carry each other
Carry each other
25th May 2006 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

By directing said words at anyone now associated with this thread of new-found peace you would bring dishonor to all who now have come to mutual acceptance of our former disagreements.

Where once there was hate and misunderstanding, there only remains LOVE...

That's so diva-ish of you! But I've been very cordial to you myself so let's move on. When LJ is attacked, I bleed.
25th May 2006 03:53 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
You say
One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We've got to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I've got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you've got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We've got to
Carry each other
Carry each other

___________--

You have brought great honor to this thread.

On behalf of JB and all who now call this thread home, I thank you...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)