ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
24th May 2006 02:05 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes..it was the game they had to steal as Detroit was tired...I am very disappointed about the Euro leg....!!!

Stones are being huge pussies
24th May 2006 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Like me, apparently(see JB is a big pussy thread). Angiergirl shall not , I repeat, not be greeted.
24th May 2006 02:08 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Like me, apparently(see JB is a big pussy thread). Angiergirl shall not , I repeat, not be greeted.

umm... its HUGE pussy
24th May 2006 02:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

So what's new? Anyone who's been a Stones fan for any length of time know how arrogant, greedy and pampered they are.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
24th May 2006 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

So what's new? Anyone who's been a Stones fan for any length of time know how arrogant, greedy and pampered they are.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

They are very pampered..almost like despots...they control everything around ..the have greater power than most heads of state.
24th May 2006 02:32 PM
glencar I think the Euro tour will be postponed until September. Sadly, the USA Fall Tour will be canceled. No summits ever again?
24th May 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the Euro tour will be postponed until September. Sadly, the USA Fall Tour will be canceled. No summits ever again?

I am very upset ..I will no longer greet most Europeands except Egon, SSc, Dutch Rik, Jumacfly, Stewed and keith, HTM, Swedish Erik, and afew others whose names slip my mind
24th May 2006 02:37 PM
glencar Gazza?
24th May 2006 02:37 PM
glencar Jane Birkin (JB!) was quite a piece of ass back in the day.
24th May 2006 02:38 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza?

Off course..he was already greeted...
24th May 2006 02:39 PM
glencar Joshy, now you must do London.
24th May 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, now you must do London.

Fuck London..there is no telling whem where or if this thing gets off the ground..we were on pass for close to 400 million gross..but Noooooooooooooo!!! keioth has to climb a fucking Palm Tree and fall!!! The guy has suvived heroin and every other vice to man, but a fucking coconut allegedly may have done hiom in.....(also alleged rumors of pre-exoisting clot detected, but this is pure speculation)
24th May 2006 02:53 PM
glencar Jake Cohl is gay?
24th May 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jake Cohl is gay?

I connot and will not address such scandalous allegations!!!! JC has made millions for the Stones and works very hard along side his dad, to ensure we win the gross, despite many venues not selling out...I love JC!!!
24th May 2006 03:13 PM
glencar What scandal? It's biology.
24th May 2006 05:48 PM
gimmekeef Sad for our Euro fans for sure.Hate to be pessimistic but if Keith has a slight relapse more dates could easily go.At least the whole thing is not off...
24th May 2006 05:51 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the Euro tour will be postponed until September. Sadly, the USA Fall Tour will be canceled. No summits ever again?

Will weather allow European stadium dates in the fall?
24th May 2006 06:01 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Dan wrote:

Will weather allow European stadium dates in the fall?

I would say yes.
Winter would be different, but if it means a tour of arenas, count me in!
24th May 2006 07:33 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Rescheduling all 15 postponed dates for the end of the European tour would most likely take it through mid-October.

In other words, several weeks into the rumored tour of North America.

Using fundamental gazinta math, something's gotta give somewhere...

24th May 2006 08:30 PM
glencar Yes, Leftshoeshuffle, it's over as far as a Fall USA Tour goes.
24th May 2006 08:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Joey, does Philly get clipped on the
season ending Sopranos?
I just gots to know...
Thank you for your continued support & cooperation.

Hello Nellcote ..............

Absolutely LOVE the Sopranos this ' season ' .

Not sure WHO gets clipped but I promise you this .... it AIN'T gonna be that guitar player from Bruce Springsteen's Band .

" Now Go Get your shine box Ronnie ! "

Jacky ! ®
24th May 2006 08:41 PM
glencar He's a clipper, not "the clipped."
24th May 2006 08:43 PM
mrhipfl They should do a spring tour...into the summer, and finish with a fall tour. Yeah!
24th May 2006 08:43 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's a clipper, not "the clipped."

Blue .....................

Go Get your Shine Box .

Sniggles !
24th May 2006 08:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Blue .....................

Go Get your Shine Box .

Sniggles !

wha-wha-what?
24th May 2006 10:32 PM
Soldatti US tour in early 2007 plus some gigs in Europe? (see No Security tour situation)
24th May 2006 10:59 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Let the guy recover, for Chrissakes. It's not that he's a pussy. He's had a BRAIN INJURY, followed by surgery. Read below a query at an online medical advice forum from someone whose father had a similar injury. It's sobering. Perhaps Keith case isn't as bad, yet how would we know? Even if it's mild, the stress from working so soon after the injury could be devastating. Swallow the disappointment and let him live.

My father had surgery to relieve a subdural hematoma (left side) about a week ago. He returned home from the hospital two days after the surgery and was put on Oxycontin (40 mg every 12 hrs), Dilantin (100 mg a.m., 200 mg p.m.) and Propoxy-N/APAP (100-650 mg every 4 hrs). He was experiencing a lot of pain a couple of days after he returned home and his doctor told him to increase the dose of Oxycontin. He took 60 mg twice on Wednesday and then reduced it to 50 mg per dose Thursday and Friday.
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary Thursday night when he went to bed. But when he awoke Friday morning, he was having a great deal of difficulty forming sentences (very unlike him). He uses words in the wrong context, sometimes talks jibberish, and sometimes seems to struggle putting his thoughts into words. These symptoms appear even when he seems to be otherwise alert and responsive. He seemed able to understand speech. When I asked him if he was able to read, he commented that he was having difficulty concentrating.

My mother and I were concerned about the sudden onset of speech problems and called his doctor to describe what we observed. At the doctor's recommendation, we took him in for a CT scan Friday afternoon. The doctor thought the CT scan looked good.

My father has continued to have diffculty with his speech. He has also slept a lot more the past two days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficulty in being able to comprehend spoken language, or difficulty in understanding spoken language, is known as aphasia. Symptoms can include an inability to speak completely (muteness), or, as is more common, trouble "spitting out" what you want to say. Often, the affected patient knows exactly what s/he wants to say, but can't say it. Trouble naming things and repeating things are the mildest symptoms of aphasia. Subdural hematoma is a collection of blood around the outside of the brain, most often caused by trauma to the head. In older persons and alcoholics and those on blood thinner medications, sometimes the "trauma" is of a very minor nature like bumping one's head on a table edge. The appearance of sleepiness and/or neurological problems after surgey for a subdural hematoma would prompt concern about rebleeding. There is a period during which a subdural hematoma can be isodense, or very difficult to see because it looks very similar to the rest of the brain, typically seen about 1 week after the subdural hematoma first appeared. An MRI scan is an extremely sensitive test for subdural hematomas that can sometimes be used in such a circumstance, id there is a suspicion of bleeding on the CT scan. If no evidence of bleeding is discovered, another possibility that can occur as a complication of a subdural hematoma is seizures, which are sometimes silent (i.e. produce no obvious jerking or staring) and can only be detected by a brain wave test known as an EEG. In addition to these two possibilities, sometimes the subdural hematoma produces damage to the brain tissue beneath it, either by having compressed it, or, by as yet not completely understood means where broken down, digested components of the blood itself are directly toxic to the brain. This type of damage cannot be easily detected by CT or MRI scans, but sometimes shows up on an EEG test as "slowing" of the affected parts of the brain. Anyone having had a subdural hematoma is at risk for rebleeding and getting another one for the rest of their life, and if persistent or intermittent sleepiness, confusion, weakness, trouble speaking, numbness, or loss of balance occur, emergent medical attention should be sought immediately.

http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/neuro/archive/4581.html
24th May 2006 11:26 PM
glencar Good point, zulufunmix. I'd be mightily disappointed if the Twick shows don't happen when they're supposed to but Keith's health matters much more.
24th May 2006 11:32 PM
pdog It's over!
25th May 2006 03:15 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I predicted that shows would be postponed. I also predicted that many of the postponed shows will sadly not be rescheduled. Regretfully I am sticking to this prediction.

remember... mom always said dont climb palm trees after draining several bottles of rum and vodka

Another fortune teller! Welcome to the club!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)