ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
26th May 2006 01:44 PM
pdog Jb, you know you're loved, and loved by A-listers. There's nothing better...
Keep your friends close, and your enemies, I'll take care of them, quickly, quietly and descretely...
26th May 2006 01:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
I apologize to Ladyjane as I was really pissed and overreacrtd..very uncharacteristic. Ignore my e-mail and pretedn it didn't happen..Obviously I cae for you or I wouldn't have been so upset...just a bad day...

Apology accepted with complete understanding.

Email will be deleted.

Hang in there.

xx00
LJ.
26th May 2006 01:45 PM
Some Guy that jb is one classy son of a gun
26th May 2006 01:47 PM
Joey " just a bad day..."

For My Baby ! :

26th May 2006 01:49 PM
LadyJane Let's face it.

We are ALL having a rough time right now.

We were supposed to be looking forward to the Barcelona setlist tomorrow.

Now??

And don't we always lash out at those we love the most???

Water under the bridge.

"Brothers and Sisters, why are fighting?"

LJ.
26th May 2006 01:50 PM
PeerQueer [quote]jb wrote:

Joke of the yerar....O.K. ...tell me who is smarter and more successful here...I came from poverty, loss of father, sister , etc...had nothing but worked my ass off and finished in the top 2% of my highschool. I was accepted to several schools, including several Ivy League , but chose UF as I wanted to be close to my mom and it was about a 4.5 hr drive from North Miami Beach. I graduated with high honors and was immediatedly accepted to Univ Of Miami as well as 2 other very prominent Law Schools .At UM I finished in the top 4% of my class and won various academic awards...I am a Phi Beta Kapa, Orde 0f the Coif, Golden key,etc, and made the Deans list evey semester after my 1st quarter...
Then I get a job after only 1 week of graduating and for 8 yrs bring in more money than any other associate...In fact, I rarely lost any trial or even motion calenders ....Then, I develop such a great r/s with the clients, I leave and open muy own firm..My first year out I doublerd my income..almost unheard of in this practice...I have been a trial lawyer for the past 10 yrs on my own...I have no partners and do everything myself ....I am a rerspectd memeber of both the State and Fedreal Bar, and have handled cases including, but not limited to, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, divorce, bankruptcy, title 7, ADA, foreclosures, and even admiralty law....I have lectured on variuous subjects and have even taught at a local school as a guest teacher ....I have been awared numerous honors and have appeared in the legal newspaper for certain case I handled....Now, I know my grammar is not the greatest, so yeah, maybe some are better in English than I, ...but if you think this board character is in any way reflective of who I really am, than I think it is pretty sad..yes, I like having a few beers and a good laugh whe I met some of you ..and I alwasy acted respectfl and generous..i.e I put my money where my mouth is...I enjoy the board and obviously anyone who has followed it, gets my humor-weather you like it or not- it is patently obvious that it is sarcastic. Nonetheless, I have actually have recieved threats from people....I ignore them- even though one call to my friend at the DA would make those persons lives quite miserable for awhile..the differenc is I get it...people post things on the internet they would never say in public....I was at 17 shows and anyone who wanted to start with me could have...I dare say it would have been really fun to see someone try to take a shot....and they better have made it a good one.
Now, back on topic, I want to know who here has the academic background, honors, and income I have....I run my own practice and have averaged 3 million in gross fees over the past 4 yrs............I don't know if that makes me smart, but I know not to many of you are doing that.....and I didn't inherit money, hit the lotto, etc,,,,,,I am currently trying to settle a 600k case and still have time to fuck around on this booard..b/c unlike some, when it hits five, I don't go home...I usually work till 9 O'clock and weekends so that I am prepared ...and I am always more prepared than my opponent b/c I work harder and yes, I am smarter...atleast that's what most judges and juries think...I'll match my record with any atty ..................bottom line, I have a few friends here, enjoy the Stones, but my life is not going to end if the Stones can't tour anymore..it was for that very reason that I saw so many shows in NA as I had a gut instinct that it could be the last time...maybe I was just being smart.. And uyes, as pointed out above, I am not in a very good frame of mind right now.

[Edited by jb]

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father at such a young age...I know too well how that feels.

Look, if I pushed you too far, I am sorry for that. It is 99% in jest. Yeah, I inherited my money - though after a decade of wasting it, and myself, away, I am proud to say that I have since become quite a success story myself - at least my aunt and uncle are quite pleased. $3 mill in gross fees per year is not bad for a small firm. The competition between firms in Florida is very tough - my uncle practiced there for many years. You would likely know his name if I told it to you...
I guess though, when you throw out your yearly earnings in here as a means of impressing it just doesn't work with me, so I have to rib you a bit as 500 or 600k a year is considered firmly middle class in my world. (not that my world is any better because of that) In the circles I travel, boasting about such a figure would simply illicit laughter followed by "how do you manage to get by on that...?)Heck, in Boca a 700k income is pretty middle of the road these days. I am in the process of finalizing my first major commercial deal on a strip mall for 30x that amount (and praying to God it will pay off -egad-!)But in the world of property investment, I, like you, am a small fish in a very very big pond of big-money sharks that could swallow my net worth up in quick bite...I turn a few deals a year, grow my portfolio, travel and party with the high and low of society, try to stay fit, get off the drugs, go back on the drugs, balance the needs of lovers and friends, while trying to meet my own needs as well, and hoping to one day settle down and just be at peace...but for now I gotta keep moving ---(Europe in 2 1/2 weeks where I will then spend the majority of this summer either there or back home in the San Juans)

I love the Stones - and, I presume, so do you. While our personal backgrounds are quite different we at least share that common ground. I also love intelligent and beautiful people, nice cars, properly fitting clothes...etc.

So take it easy friend, and don't fret over the opinion of an impish character by the name of PeerQueer.

-PQ
26th May 2006 01:54 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

Joke of the yerar....O.K. ...tell me who is smarter and more successful here...I came from poverty, loss of father, sister , etc...had nothing but worked my ass off and finished in the top 2% of my highschool. I was accepted to several schools, including several Ivy League , but chose UF as I wanted to be close to my mom and it was about a 4.5 hr drive from North Miami Beach. I graduated with high honors and was immediatedly accepted to Univ Of Miami as well as 2 other very prominent Law Schools .At UM I finished in the top 4% of my class and won various academic awards...I am a Phi Beta Kapa, Orde 0f the Coif, Golden key,etc, and made the Deans list evey semester after my 1st quarter...
Then I get a job after only 1 week of graduating and for 8 yrs bring in more money than any other associate...In fact, I rarely lost any trial or even motion calenders ....Then, I develop such a great r/s with the clients, I leave and open muy own firm..My first year out I doublerd my income..almost unheard of in this practice...I have been a trial lawyer for the past 10 yrs on my own...I have no partners and do everything myself ....I am a rerspectd memeber of both the State and Fedreal Bar, and have handled cases including, but not limited to, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, divorce, bankruptcy, title 7, ADA, foreclosures, and even admiralty law....I have lectured on variuous subjects and have even taught at a local school as a guest teacher ....I have been awared numerous honors and have appeared in the legal newspaper for certain case I handled....Now, I know my grammar is not the greatest, so yeah, maybe some are better in English than I, ...but if you think this board character is in any way reflective of who I really am, than I think it is pretty sad..yes, I like having a few beers and a good laugh whe I met some of you ..and I alwasy acted respectfl and generous..i.e I put my money where my mouth is...I enjoy the board and obviously anyone who has followed it, gets my humor-weather you like it or not- it is patently obvious that it is sarcastic. Nonetheless, I have actually have recieved threats from people....I ignore them- even though one call to my friend at the DA would make those persons lives quite miserable for awhile..the differenc is I get it...people post things on the internet they would never say in public....I was at 17 shows and anyone who wanted to start with me could have...I dare say it would have been really fun to see someone try to take a shot....and they better have made it a good one.
Now, back on topic, I want to know who here has the academic background, honors, and income I have....I run my own practice and have averaged 3 million in gross fees over the past 4 yrs............I don't know if that makes me smart, but I know not to many of you are doing that.....and I didn't inherit money, hit the lotto, etc,,,,,,I am currently trying to settle a 600k case and still have time to fuck around on this booard..b/c unlike some, when it hits five, I don't go home...I usually work till 9 O'clock and weekends so that I am prepared ...and I am always more prepared than my opponent b/c I work harder and yes, I am smarter...atleast that's what most judges and juries think...I'll match my record with any atty ..................bottom line, I have a few friends here, enjoy the Stones, but my life is not going to end if the Stones can't tour anymore..it was for that very reason that I saw so many shows in NA as I had a gut instinct that it could be the last time...maybe I was just being smart.. And uyes, as pointed out above, I am not in a very good frame of mind right now.

[Edited by jb]

I dont doubt your intelligence and glad your succesfull..just find your arrogance and view of others to be amusing.Maybe as you say its a joke.But its not that funny....

26th May 2006 01:58 PM
Some Guy Someone turn on the Bono signal
26th May 2006 02:01 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

________

The horror...

The horror...

Saigon... Shit
26th May 2006 02:38 PM
glencar Joshy, you are loved by many here. Your spontaneity of spirit, your sense f humor & your willingness to help others at any time make you one of my fave posters. Even though I normally despise the Juden, you have changed my life & the way I see God's Chosen People. You complete me.
26th May 2006 02:47 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Someone turn on the Bono signal

WHA-WHA-WHA-WHATT??
26th May 2006 02:49 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

WHA-WHA-WHA-WHATT??

Joey?
26th May 2006 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you are loved by many here. Your spontaneity of spirit, your sense f humor & your willingness to help others at any time make you one of my fave posters. Even though I normally despise the Juden, you have changed my life & the way I see God's Chosen People. You complete me.

Thanks....I am glad you have met a Jew that you like and understand. I enjoyed meeting you as well....all the board stuff was nonsense and we had a great timein Atlanta....at one time, we argue over politics and we both got a bit carried away. As I told you, like many New Yorkers, I tooo lost a niece to terrorism in Israel...not to dwell, but whe a beautiful q16 yr odl gets blown to piece in Tekl Aviv, it just 's hard to handle ............yes, I am a Zionist and a hard liner..Nonetheless, as you know, in person, I simply want to have a good time, help people, and enjoy the shows...I have gained respect for you and consider you a friend..........and I also like Moonie and Lotsofjizz(met briefly in Miami), but we are very far apart politically...I
am, however, ripping up my democratic vottingcard and donating 50,000 to the Jewish Republican party here...I am voting for whoever the republican candidate is as they will support israel..while I hate the rep social agenda,I don't have to worry about abortion , etc, and the tax cuts actually help me...Long live george Bush, the best friend Israel has evr had...May god bless him and may he protect Israel from the evil iranians leaders who seek her annihilation................

P,S.- 700-800k here is still consdiered very good...but yes, I have friends worth 50 million on Hillborough Beach who would consider that middle class....
26th May 2006 04:07 PM
Joey
I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
26th May 2006 04:10 PM
jb Joey, you are truly my inspiration and I am only sorry we never met....you alwasy have a place to stay in Boca..
26th May 2006 04:11 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I am not arrogant...I am sarcasrtic...the $$$ is just a tool ..it is not who I am as anyone here who met you can tell you...I would be the same ass hole if I was poor..
26th May 2006 04:27 PM
Joey " Joey, you are truly my inspiration and I am only sorry we never met....you alwasy have a place to stay in Boca.."

Josh ........................

You are much loved by Joey

|
|
V

http://www.thewholive.de/konzerte/zeige_konzert.php?GroupID=1&Jahr=1982
26th May 2006 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, you are truly my inspiration and I am only sorry we never met....you alwasy have a place to stay in Boca..

" DREAMS COME TRUE "

" Howard mentioned he’s been eating too much lately, including a bag of trail mix that Beth brought into the bed with her last night. This led Howard to say Beth’s body looked rock-hard when he saw her yesterday, even though he said she eats a good deal of chocolate. Howard also noted it bothers him that Beth has sex dreams about other guys, but Robin pointed out he couldn’t expect her to be able to control her dreams. However, Howard told Robin if Beth was as into him as she has claimed, he felt like she should be dreaming about people like Joey Ramone, and not Brad Pitt, as she’s admitted to doing. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1148540400#6510
26th May 2006 04:37 PM
BILL PERKS ON THIS BOARD,ONE CAN BE WHATEVER THEY WANT..JOEY IS A CLIFF CLAVEN LIKE MAIL CLERK AND JB IS A WAITER AT A GAY CLUB ON COLLINS AVE.
26th May 2006 04:42 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ON THIS BOARD,ONE CAN BE WHATEVER THEY WANT..JOEY IS A CLIFF CLAVEN LIKE MAIL CLERK AND JB IS A WAITER AT A GAY CLUB ON COLLINS AVE.

*** Sigh ***

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=279&zone=pr

26th May 2006 04:42 PM
gimmekeef Bill..and you're pretty funny...lol..good one
26th May 2006 05:35 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I would be the same ass hole if I was poor..

Better to be a rich asshole my friend ... I've been poor, it sucks!
26th May 2006 05:54 PM
Joey " Better to be a rich asshole my friend ... I've been poor, it sucks!"

26th May 2006 06:24 PM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:

When to the USA?

september/october, AGW
26th May 2006 06:52 PM
speedfreakjive bad news, but obviously Keith would have to recover properly; just hope the Twickenham dates are not affected, but they probably will be, but that is not really a problem.
26th May 2006 08:10 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ON THIS BOARD,ONE CAN BE WHATEVER THEY WANT..JOEY IS A CLIFF CLAVEN LIKE MAIL CLERK AND JB IS A WAITER AT A GAY CLUB ON COLLINS AVE.

Well in that case, can I be JB in here???
26th May 2006 08:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Well in that case, can I be JB in here???

Only if you insist on spelling "masturbate" with two e's.
26th May 2006 09:01 PM
glencar Joshy, I am at my Jewish best friend's house right now. He read yer post & said you sound like a real a-hole. I told him yer nothing like the board persona.
26th May 2006 09:43 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
NOR AM I.WHICH GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO TELL JOSH TO FIND THE NEAREST OVEN AND DO US A FAVOR.

You know what, that could be funny, but it's not... If you're friends with someone, say to their face, maybe it's funny.
In this case, it's not!
I do hope you meant it as a joke!
26th May 2006 09:50 PM
Riffhard I concur pdog. Bill I have always admired your aserbic wit,but that really crosses the line. You may want to consider the delete option here my friend.

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)