ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
30th May 2006 12:05 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I would venture that its 'glaringly obvious' that quite a few people would rather the European tour was pulled just so that Keith can get a few months rest to enable them to satisfy their own selfish desire to see the Stones play their 129th show in the US on this tour.

Now THAT is extremely embarrassing.

[Edited by Gazza]

Well said. The selfishness of some of our American friends on this board is quite revolting.
30th May 2006 12:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

absolute bollocks. Theyve officially said he's making a full recovery and its as good as official the tour will restart on July 8th. Good enough excuse for me and everyone else who has tickets for these shows to ponder about rescheduled dates, etc.

I would venture that its 'glaringly obvious' that quite a few people would rather the European tour was pulled just so that Keith can get a few months rest to enable them to satisfy their own selfish desire to see the Stones play their 129th show in the US on this tour.

Now THAT is extremely embarrassing.

[Edited by Gazza]

your opinion is always respected. Keep in mind they also "officially stated that the tour would only be postponed for a couple of weeks" among other things. There is no need for fans from the us/canada to wish the Euro tour is cancelled. If the stones are healthy enough and willing to play more dates in the future, they will come back to the US as there is an awful lot of profit there.

Head injuries are very tough to predict recovery times for and I stand by the realism that any "confirmed fact" is optimism at best. I truly hope Keith makes a full recovery and ultimately his decision as to when to retire is his, and not made for him with regards to health concerns.
30th May 2006 12:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Well said. The selfishness of some of our American friends on this board is quite revolting.

This is not, nor has even become an "USA vs. Europe" issue. To blindly assume that I see it that way is an indictment on your character. Take the racial, geographical, etc overtones elsewhere. THere is another board that thrives on dim witted, ignorant hate/disdain for fellow fans due to their mailing address.
30th May 2006 12:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This is not, nor has even become an "USA vs. Europe" issue. To blindly assume that I see it that way is an indictment on your character. Take the racial, geographical, etc overtones elsewhere. THere is another board that thrives on dim witted, ignorant hate/disdain for fellow fans due to their mailing address.

I dont think its meant that way - nor was my original post.

merely an observation that some people's primary concern is to get to see the band again in their own region - and to hell with those who do actually have tickets in hand and arrangements made to SEE the band already - and that an extension of another tour leg prior to it due to Keith's injury means that their own particular series of shows could get postponed or even shelved.

Anti-European or anti-American 'overtones' arent the motivation. Getting one's own fix is, however.

Understandable to a certain degree as we're all fans, if somewhat self-centred.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 12:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

your opinion is always respected. Keep in mind they also "officially stated that the tour would only be postponed for a couple of weeks" among other things.

they said it would start "in June". Nothing specific. Now it's "early July" which is not a huge difference, to be fair.

They couldnt really be specific until Keith flew home and had further check ups.
30th May 2006 12:43 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Calm down and stick to the facts. We just want to see the Stones in Europe and your objections so far have no ground.
Keith is recovering and the Stones will play in Europe if you like it or not.
30th May 2006 12:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont think its meant that way - nor was my original post.

merely an observation that some people's primary concern is to get to see the band again in their own region - and to hell with those who do actually have tickets in hand and arrangements made to SEE the band already - and that an extension of another tour leg prior to it due to Keith's injury means that their own particular series of shows could get postponed or even shelved.

Anti-European or anti-American 'overtones' arent the motivation. Getting one's own fix is, however.

Understandable to a certain degree as we're all fans, if somewhat self-centred.
[Edited by Gazza]

well put
30th May 2006 01:27 PM
gimmekeef If Gazza removed the word 'somewhat' then he'd have nailed it....
30th May 2006 01:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Calm down and stick to the facts. We just want to see the Stones in Europe and your objections so far have no ground.
Keith is recovering and the Stones will play in Europe if you like it or not.

I would love it if Keith were to fully recover in time to complete a European tour. At no point have I ever said "I hope they don't play Europe". The facts are that the band is only releasing whatever info they want to. There is a privacy issue with regards to his health and has nothing to do with anti americanism or your accusations that I want to see the stones cancel all European shows.

I did not get to where I am in life by making wild, uneducated guesses. Intelligent thought should tell us all that until they play their next show, it is safe to assume that all plans at this point are in pencil. There is no chart that correctly predicts, to the day, a full recovery time for a 60+ year old man with a history of drug use, excessive alcohol use, and any other "keef'isms" that make him unique with regards to brain surgery.

I have, and shall continue to wish Keith a safe and speedy recovery, but for anyone to take a press release as the 100% gospel truth is ignorant at best.

Dwight from "The Office" (US version) said it best in the recent PSA parodies: "Don't believe everything you see on TV, sometimes people are lying to you"
30th May 2006 01:53 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I would love it if Keith were to fully recover in time to complete a European tour. At no point have I ever said "I hope they don't play Europe". The facts are that the band is only releasing whatever info they want to. There is a privacy issue with regards to his health and has nothing to do with anti americanism or your accusations that I want to see the stones cancel all European shows.

I did not get to where I am in life by making wild, uneducated guesses. Intelligent thought should tell us all that until they play their next show, it is safe to assume that all plans at this point are in pencil. There is no chart that correctly predicts, to the day, a full recovery time for a 60+ year old man with a history of drug use, excessive alcohol use, and any other "keef'isms" that make him unique with regards to brain surgery.

I have, and shall continue to wish Keith a safe and speedy recovery, but for anyone to take a press release as the 100% gospel truth is ignorant at best.

Dwight from "The Office" (US version) said it best in the recent PSA parodies: "Don't believe everything you see on TV, sometimes people are lying to you"

Maybe you should stop your predictions and speculations which you have expressed in several threads and just wait and see what's gonna happen. The plain facts are that Keith is recovering. There is no reason so far to assume he won't make a comeback.
30th May 2006 01:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Maybe you should stop your predictions and speculations which you have expressed in several threads and just wait and see what's gonna happen. The plain facts are that Keith is recovering. There is no reason so far to assume he won't make a comeback.

if predictions and speculation were removed from this board, we would be left with only the superblow threads, pictures of paris hilton, and ridiculous political accustations and attacks.

The fact is that my predictions and speculation (along with information told to me in confidence that I pass on when I can) is typically dead on accurate. Many here are appreciative of my efforts and have convinced me to ignore those who choose to "bring the hate".
30th May 2006 02:17 PM
gimmekeef Have you been conversing with Dwight?....quite the funny show...
30th May 2006 03:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Have you been conversing with Dwight?....quite the funny show...

it quickly has become my favorite show. I would never had found it if it wasnt shown on a flight I took a year and a half or so ago. I love the unresolved issues left after this season. And really would love to add a nickel to my brother in law's phone every day and then remove them all one day to see if he hits himself in the head a la Dwight!
30th May 2006 04:05 PM
gimmekeef Pug..there are 4 back to back reruns this Thursday.....
30th May 2006 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Pug..there are 4 back to back reruns this Thursday.....

my DVR will be rolling! I heard they are going to sprinkle a couple of new episodes in the summer to make up for the shortened season this spring.
30th May 2006 04:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Pug..there are 4 back to back reruns this Thursday.....

Best show on TV...

"Where is the clitoris?"
30th May 2006 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Best show on TV...

"Where is the clitoris?"

30th May 2006 04:50 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Best show on TV...

"Where is the clitoris?"

Yeah man...I loved the drug testing episode..The fat guy says "Can I have a magazine"?.....funnny shit!
30th May 2006 04:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Best show on TV...

"Where is the clitoris?"

My favorite moments:

Dwight:

"Who's name goes on the fire insurance?"
"Assistant TO the Regional Manager"
"I am the bobblehead."

Jim:

"We should form an alliance."
"It's a workspace"

Kevin:

"I'm in a Steve Miller tribute band"
"If something goes down with you and Roy, I got your back."

and of course....his singing and 1980 ish music video.

Michael:

"We need a starting five for basketball...Stanly, obviously."
30th May 2006 04:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yeah man...I loved the drug testing episode..The fat guy says "Can I have a magazine"?.....funnny shit!

Dwight: Anal seepage...thats not a real disease
Kevin: Yes it is
Dwight: Well no one here has it
Kevin: (looking around)....somebody has it.
30th May 2006 11:25 PM
glencar F505, many of us Americans are planning on attending shows in Europe & visiting cities whilst there. Ignore Puggy's schtick. The shows will happen. We're all in this together.
30th May 2006 11:34 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
F505, many of us Americans are planning on attending shows in Europe & visiting cities whilst there. Ignore Puggy's schtick. The shows will happen. We're all in this together.

Pug and JB have had a hard time of it lately - only Joey remains strong and true - boldly leading Rocks Off on the eve of yet another great European Tour...
30th May 2006 11:38 PM
glencar Have you nailed Joey yet?
31st May 2006 12:45 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you nailed Joey yet?

Do you mean sex? You are sick, you need help...
Funny shit!!!
31st May 2006 11:07 AM
Gazza AP posted this on IORR a few minutes ago :

St Petersburg postponed until 2007, and will take place in a different stadium as the current one will be getting rebuilt.

Press release here (in Russian!)
http://www.planetplus.ru/index.php?show=p_rs_2

Apparently, it says some of the other postponed shows will also be delayed until 2007

his post is here :

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,443406

Looks like we're looking at a scenario similar to 1998-99 again. I cant imagine they'll do a European tour consisting of ONLY the shows that were postponed from 2006 so maybe there'll be extra shows to compensate. No doubt that will also mean US shows (as was tentatively planned anyway) in the interim
31st May 2006 11:20 AM
GotToRollMe I can only speak for myself, but as much as I'd like to see them again this year, I'd rather see them make up the postponed European dates in the fall instead of doing a "mini tour" of the US. After all, we've seen them over here in the US this tour. I don't know if this is logistically possible, but it would only be fair if our European friends got their share of Stonesian ecstasy this tour.
31st May 2006 11:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
AP posted this on IORR a few minutes ago :

St Petersburg postponed until 2007, and will take place in a different stadium as the current one will be getting rebuilt.

Press release here (in Russian!)
http://www.planetplus.ru/index.php?show=p_rs_2

Apparently, it says some of the other postponed shows will also be delayed until 2007

his post is here :

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,443406

Looks like we're looking at a scenario similar to 1998-99 again. I cant imagine they'll do a European tour consisting of ONLY the shows that were postponed from 2006 so maybe there'll be extra shows to compensate. No doubt that will also mean US shows (as was tentatively planned anyway) in the interim

Ah, I missed this post. Touring into 2007...Charlie must be tearing his hair out!
31st May 2006 11:30 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you nailed Joey yet?

Yes, after watching Passion of the Christ the idea did cross my mind...
31st May 2006 11:31 AM
Gazza I'd imagine it would hardly be a full scale tour, to be honest - and I wouldnt be surprised that if all this is true, that they'd just take a break after Europe and delay that rumoured American tour until early 2007. Would make more sense to pace the tour that way.

as for rescheduling European shows later in the year. Not really practical to play football stadiums in Europe at that time. Football season starts in August or early September in most countries and the stadiums are used not only on weekends but often during the week too. The weather in some parts of Europe - especially Scandinavia and St Petersburg - would also be a problem. Stadium concerts in Europe in the autumn are almost unheard of.

Unfortunately the Stones have limited their options for Europe this year by deciding to exclusively concentrate on a stadium tour in order to maximise profits. Had they arranged some arena dates as was the case in 2003, it would have left them with more flexibility when rescheduling these shows

The idea of seeing the Stones play 'Sympathy for the Devil' in St Petersburg is starting to sound very appealing. If it does mean bringing the curtain down on 25 years of following them as a live band, it would be a wonderful setting to do it
[Edited by Gazza]
31st May 2006 11:51 AM
voodoopug so what you are basically saying is that, yet again, I was right.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)