ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
24th May 2006 09:41 AM
jb Very sorry for our Euro friends..obviosuly, as I said, the injury/recovery time more than they are letting on. I beleive who Euro tour in jeopardy. I hope . for one time, I am wrong.
24th May 2006 10:36 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
I beleive who Euro tour in jeopardy. I hope . for one time, I am wrong.

BS .

Obviously the whole Euro leg isn't in jeopardy, or they wouldn't have made the decision to postpone/cancel the first 15 shows. In 'your' case, the message on rs.com and the various media outlets would've read 'Euro Tour cancelled'.
24th May 2006 10:49 AM
polytoxic Because it wouldn't be like rs.com to string you along.....
24th May 2006 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

BS .

Obviously the whole Euro leg isn't in jeopardy, or they wouldn't have made the decision to postpone/cancel the first 15 shows. In 'your' case, the message on rs.com and the various media outlets would've read 'Euro Tour cancelled'.

If you don't think soi, just wait.....this is by no means a done deal and still very fluid.
24th May 2006 10:59 AM
pdog postpone is better than deleting
24th May 2006 11:00 AM
Saint Sway I predicted that shows would be postponed. I also predicted that many of the postponed shows will sadly not be rescheduled. Regretfully I am sticking to this prediction.

remember... mom always said dont climb palm trees after draining several bottles of rum and vodka
24th May 2006 11:10 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner I was going to attend the Barcelona show. I guess it will end up getting cancelled. That fucking sucks. I just hope me and my brother will get our money back as we paid more than 60 euros each for the tickets.

[Edited by MemoFromTinaTurner]
24th May 2006 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
According to the NME the Stones are postponing the first 15 shows of the European tour:
http://www.nme.com/news/rolling-stones/23144

The tour is over ...
24th May 2006 12:04 PM
Nellcote Hey Joey, does Philly get clipped on the
season ending Sopranos?
I just gots to know...
Thank you for your continued support & cooperation.
24th May 2006 12:04 PM
jb The Tour is over, IMHO.
24th May 2006 12:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Because it wouldn't be like rs.com to string you along.....

Lol, you're right, but the Stones also have to think about their image etc., so that would be a huge mistake. But of xourse, anything can happen.
24th May 2006 12:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
MemoFromTinaTurner wrote:
I just hope me and my brother will get our money back as we paid more than 60 euros each for the tickets.

Wow, that's a bargain.
24th May 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Wow, that's a bargain.

The tour is over AngieGirl...I am sorry.
24th May 2006 12:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
The Tour is over, IMHO.

Quit the negativism will ya! You already seen them, yeah yeah yeah whatever. We haven't, so take it somewhere else ok, or I'll have no choice but to delete you.
24th May 2006 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Quit the negativism will ya! You already seen them, yeah yeah yeah whatever. We haven't, so take it somewhere else ok, or I'll have no choice but to delete you.

I like you very much and have no desire for you and others to miss them...but in all candor, it is not looking that good. I am sure when Keith is healthy they willplay Europe. I just don't think it will be that soon....I wish you well.
24th May 2006 12:55 PM
Some Guy it's a wrap
24th May 2006 01:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels At this point, in time it won't be over until one of the Glimmer Triplets dies. Of course one never knows, with these close calls lately. Smaller tours....Like Bill says Mick and Keith NEED the adulation. They won't quit until they have to. Maybe next year Keith will hit the road with Willie.
24th May 2006 01:01 PM
Angiegirl Yawn.

They will play in Europe this summer. I'm sure of that.

Dutch promotor told the news thingies that the Dutch shows will continue and the 15 postponed ones will be put at the end of the tour (not that I would ever trust the Dutch Mojo promotor with my life or anything less for that matter as they're a part of ClearChannel, but hey, at least *I* know howe to stay positive, despite the rotten day I've had).

You all suck!

There, I said it. Happy now???

Geez, I feel better.
24th May 2006 01:05 PM
time is on my side I predicted the very moment, the very second of the postponement of the European leg of the ABB tour.

Events I predicted have come all too true.

I called this weeks ago.

I'm now predicting (remember you heard it here first)that the shows in Europe are only being postponed and will eventually be played.

Good news for our European friends.
24th May 2006 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yawn.

They will play in Europe this summer. I'm sure of that.

Dutch promotor told the news thingies that the Dutch shows will continue and the 15 postponed ones will be put at the end of the tour (not that I would ever trust the Dutch Mojo promotor with my life or anything less for that matter as they're a part of ClearChannel, but hey, at least *I* know howe to stay positive, despite the rotten day I've had).

You all suck!

There, I said it. Happy now???

Geez, I feel better.

YOu have become hostile and are no longer a friend..I am very disappointed ..I am not the only one who said Europe was in jeopady, but I guess I am a easy target. You shall not be greeted
[Edited by jb]
24th May 2006 01:13 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
I am not the only one who said Europe was in jeopady

No, that would explain the "you all" in my post...

But since you were never even coming to Amsterdam, we wouldnt have greeted anyway I guess.
24th May 2006 01:22 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

No, that would explain the "you all" in my post...

But since you were never even coming to Amsterdam, we wouldnt have greeted anyway I guess.

There will be no greeting....don't take your bad day out on me,,,I have bad days everyday and still find time to make new friends...An apology would be appreciated.
[Edited by jb]
24th May 2006 01:25 PM
Angiegirl Oh come on, I thought you of all people would recognise the sarcastic comedy. If you know my internet persona at all, you know I would never hurt a fly.
Not even you .

Still, no need for rubbing salt in other people's 'wounds'.
24th May 2006 01:37 PM
Nellcote JB; John Henry is live on WEEI.com right now.
He's waving to you.
He said he helped create the 2003 winning Marlins, that several of the players are still in MLB, with some on the Sox. He's coming off as the Mr. Green Jeans he looks like..
24th May 2006 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB; John Henry is live on WEEI.com right now.
He's waving to you.
He said he helped create the 2003 winning Marlins, that several of the players are still in MLB, with some on the Sox. He's coming off as the Mr. Green Jeans he looks like..

I hate him..he has a place 2 miles from me worth about 16 million(mine only 1.5 ). He is a complete ass who promised us a stadium and bailed out..he did not deserve a pennant.
24th May 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Oh come on, I thought you of all people would recognise the sarcastic comedy. If you know my internet persona at all, you know I would never hurt a fly.
Not even you .

Still, no need for rubbing salt in other people's 'wounds'.

Fortunately, we have veryy little contact, and this will preclude any further communication. God luck and good bye...
24th May 2006 01:55 PM
Nellcote I thought it was Blockbuster Huizenga who promised the stadium after the 1st title?
24th May 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I thought it was Blockbuster Huizenga who promised the stadium after the 1st title?

No..he dismanteled the teamn exactly as Loria has...we have won 2 titles in 1o yrs, each time to be followed by taking apart the team. .. We are fielding a AAA team, and sadly, Dontrielle is having a horrible year as he he rally a great guy. Henry didn't have the $$$ to fund his own stadium imo..he bailed whern the Sox thing opened up=LOSER.
24th May 2006 02:01 PM
Some Guy Heat looked good
24th May 2006 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Heat looked good

Yes..it was the game they had to steal as Detroit was tired...I am very disappointed about the Euro leg....!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)