ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
25th May 2006 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

________-

Dude...

I'm all for good fun, but I think that one might have crossed the line.

Keith is a pussy.
25th May 2006 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith is a pussy.

25th May 2006 01:16 PM
jb Have it deleted...
25th May 2006 01:18 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I was not "trying to spread rumours"......But I have to ask- If old Keith is doing so well, as reported by the Stones PR Machine, why was the european leg postponed? It's obvious people.

_________-

Yup - a pretty significant postponement at that.

My "doom and gloom" source emailed me when it was announced with the simple message "told you so."

I really was hoping they were wrong...

25th May 2006 01:20 PM
jb You think? maybe what Pug and I posted 3 weeks ago re injury was true? Keith=pussy.
25th May 2006 01:20 PM
Some Guy and then depression set in
25th May 2006 01:21 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
and then depression set in

You made that decision not to go, and now you must accept ut....
25th May 2006 01:25 PM
sammy davis jr. One of these guys was gonna have something happen eventually.....stroke, heart attack, overdose, etc. Rock and roll is not a game for 60 year old men.
25th May 2006 01:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The stuff PQ wrote makes sense and I hate it

I'm sitting at my desk in tears.

This is grim.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

LJ.

25th May 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

This is grim.

LJ.

I warned you...but sadly, once again, you reject my advice. I am smarter tham any fucker on this board....trus tme, LJ, I may fuck around a lot, but not one person here could match me in any aspect of life(except trees).
25th May 2006 01:29 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
You think? maybe what Pug and I posted 3 weeks ago re injury was true? Keith=pussy.

I don't recall what you posted, though I do know myself, along with several others, were saying we heard the injury was more serious. A few of us were even using the term possible stroke at that time.

Perhaps you were among that group?

Hell, I just want that view to be proven wrong...

The last thing I need is to say "I told you so" regarding the extent of Keith's health problems.

I want to see him ok and well, and maybe catch one more show or two before it really is all said and done.

25th May 2006 01:34 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

I warned you...but sadly, once again, you reject my advice. I am smarter tham any fucker on this board....trus tme, LJ, I may fuck around a lot, but not one person here could match me in any aspect of life(except trees).

Excuse me but it's a little hard to accept losing your Band to a stroke when you can barely make it through the day because a stroke took your Mother.

I hope with all my heart and soul that YOU are wrong this time, Josh.

still crying,
LJ.

25th May 2006 01:35 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

This is grim.

LJ.

_________-

I am very sorry!

I have not discussed the stuff I was told because I did not want to believe it, but the person giving me the information kept getting things right -- the final straw were the postponed dates - I was told that exact message, two days before it was released. I know a few folks who are "hear things" as it were, and we've been talking about this non-stop for since it happened.

Hey, Keith IS a tough guy. I ain't losing hope. I don't know you, but you are clearly a big Stones fan, as am I. While I do believe he is battling some pretty significant health issues right now, I refuse to believe he won't be ok and (maybe) even playing again sometime this summer.

I love this band...
25th May 2006 01:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

The last thing I need is to say "I told you so" regarding the extent of Keith's health problems.

I want to see him ok and well, and maybe catch one more show or two before it really is all said and done.

Feel like LJ here. Think the sandwich I just ate is gonna be history. God, I hope we can tell you, "Na Na Na Na na -you were so wrong," PQ( and JB and Pugs). I gotta think positive.- It's a survival technique.
25th May 2006 01:39 PM
Some Guy Lets all think positive
25th May 2006 01:43 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Feel like LJ here. Think the sandwich I just ate is gonna be history. God, I hope we can tell you, "Na Na Na Na na -you were so wrong," PQ( and JB and Pugs). I gotta think positive.- It's a survival technique.

I would like nothing more than that myself!

Unlike some in here, I take NO pleasure in "being right" on this one...

I have so many great concert memories with this band. I'm a selfish bastard and want to accumulate many more!

I will repeat - Keith is a tough tough old bastard! If he is in fact fighting right now, we can all rest assured that he is fighting very very hard.

Let's take some comfort in that...
25th May 2006 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Excuse me but it's a little hard to accept losing your Band to a stroke when you can barely make it through the day because a stroke took your Mother.

I hope with all my heart and soul that YOU are wrong this time, Josh.

still crying,
LJ.

The 2 have nothing to do with one another..no one said Keith is dying...and I did not post he had a stroke...but I truly beleive it's over....except it and move on....Life is not about living vicariously through a band....
25th May 2006 01:51 PM
the good Would you guys get a grip! None of you know ANYTHING! Just relax.
25th May 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
the good wrote:
Would you guys get a grip! None of you know ANYTHING! Just relax.

word
25th May 2006 01:58 PM
nankerphelge jb wrote "Life is not about living vicariously through a band...."

No??

jesus what the hell have I been doing for the past 30 years???

25th May 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
jb wrote "Life is not about living vicariously through a band...."

No??

sheep?
25th May 2006 02:00 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

I live vicariously through sheep!
25th May 2006 02:01 PM
jb The telling sign=jagger's O.K. with new sitcom.
25th May 2006 02:17 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

The 2 have nothing to do with one another..no one said Keith is dying...and I did not post he had a stroke...but I truly beleive it's over....except it and move on....Life is not about living vicariously through a band....

I would agree and disagree.

A band can play an integral role in helping define those moments that lend meaning to our lives, or even create such moments first-hand.

This last tour had me taking a close friend (and fellow Stones fanatic) to her last Stones show. She succumbed to cancer shortly after attending that concert. I now have a photo of her and I together at that show that sits at my desk - I am looking at it now. ("This Place is Empty" was played at her service)

When my parents were killed, the Stones' music was one of the things that I was able to escape into (along with Dylan, Sinatra, Dean Martin (favorites of my mother)Elvis, Cash, etc.

Fast forward a few years after the death of the girl who I planned to marry,(too much death in too short a time) and the Stones became the soundtrack to a prolonged era of excess in which I quite literally lost myself in a world of sex and drugs and hangers on who bled me of a significant portion of my inheritance as they hitched a ride on my debauchery train. I literally lived the so-called rock star life, flying all over the country and the world escaping my pain until my uncle literally came and took me out of that world and set me on a path of, if not a completely clean life, at least one that might see me live past 40...

We all have a soundtrack to our lives cliched as that might sound - the Stones are a significant part of mine.

So when people say they feel sick over the possible demise of the band, I understand it. This band, via their music, has been with us for many years now. I am not ashamed to say I would be very upset at the loss of this band, or any particular member, and Keith in particular, for whatever reason(s), I feel especially close to. I still get chills thinking of watching him close up singing "Slipping Away" live during the Licks tour.

Is it over? Hell if I know. But if it is, I am not too proud, or tough, to say "so what", or so easily dismiss those who share the same feelings for this band as I and many others do.

Lawyers are a dime a dozen in this world - but a great band, great music, great friends to share in that experience with - well my poor, sad, and clearly dissatisfied and insecure Jewish friend, that is a very rare and special thing indeed.
25th May 2006 02:48 PM
jb We all should live 62 years like Keith before whatever happened-and he'll be fine. As for insecure, I have had drop dead gorgeous girls suck the 18.6 inch cock of mine..far from insecure...
25th May 2006 02:51 PM
sammy davis jr. jb wrote: "I am smarter tham any fucker on this board"

uh....that's VERY debatable.
25th May 2006 02:56 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
We all should live 62 years like Keith before whatever happened-and he'll be fine. As for insecure, I have had drop dead gorgeous girls suck the 18.6 inch cock of mine..far from insecure...

_________

Oh dear, you have managed to magnify your actual insecurities for all to see! Your humiliations are near limitless!

...18.6 inches!

Is that flaccid or erect?
25th May 2006 02:57 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
jb wrote: "I am smarter tham any fucker on this board"

uh....that's VERY debatable.

Yes, and sadly, he even managed to misspell "than" in his failed attempt to impress...
25th May 2006 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Yes, and sadly, he even managed to misspell "than" in his failed attempt to impress...

When you have 1/3 of what I do, bitch about my grammar. You are nobody to me..and I guarante I am smarter than any of you...not even close...And you couldn't afford the guy I pay to clean my dogs anal glands..
[Edited by jb]
25th May 2006 03:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
We all should live 62 years like Keith before whatever happened-and he'll be fine. As for insecure, I have had drop dead gorgeous girls suck the 18.6 inch cock of mine..far from insecure...

Got Damn, was she in the same room?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)