ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
25th May 2006 03:21 AM
Freejack
You all should be happy Keith is alive
25th May 2006 05:13 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Freejack wrote:

You all should be happy Keith is alive

Exactly.
25th May 2006 07:36 AM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's over!

I disagree.

Providing Keith makes a complete recovery (insert prayers), I really believe they will continue.

I'm a pessimist by nature, but something tells me they will NOT go out like this.

I'll even go so far as to say Charlie will be willing to go on past December 2006 if it's tantamount to a celebration of Keith's determination to play again.

Just my humble fucking opinion.

LJ.
25th May 2006 07:47 AM
Nellcote LJ, just because it's your birthday week, don't be so modest in expressing your opinion.
Otherwise, have a Wicked Pissah day!
25th May 2006 07:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I disagree.

Providing Keith makes a complete recovery (insert prayers), I really believe they will continue.

I'm a pessimist by nature, but something tells me they will NOT go out like this.

I'll even go so far as to say Charlie will be willing to go on past December 2006 if it's tantamount to a celebration of Keith's determination to play again.

Just my humble fucking opinion.

LJ.

I agree with you LJ! My feelings and thoughts exactly! I too believe that if all's well with Keith, Charlie will reconsider his decision (once again ) and they'll be on the road even in 2007 and onwards.

Come to think of it, perhaps this whole thing is a blessing in disguise. Perhaps if it hadn't happened, they would have indeed finished all their gigs in 2006 and stop - but I think maybe Charlie will think things over after what's happened and seeing how much Keith wants to play again (and I'm incredibly faithful to Keith's will to keep playing).

Things sure ain't dull, for what it's worth!
25th May 2006 07:55 AM
LadyJane I refuse to stop believing in the longevity of this Band.

I've lost a lot this year.....I'm not gonna lose my Band.

Not yet.

LJ.
25th May 2006 08:07 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think the Euro tour will be postponed until September. Sadly, the USA Fall Tour will be canceled. No summits ever again?

We don't need a concert for a Summit.

Hell, I'm summiting this weekend.

I envision us summiting well into our 70's. As long as we have boots and DVD's.....it's all good.

Besides, we still have each other.

LJ.
25th May 2006 10:04 AM
jb THe band is over LJ...please...except it and wiah Keith Well. There wilkl unlikely be a nother tour for some time...if ever,,,yiur dreams have are over.
25th May 2006 10:06 AM
jb Angiegirl shall nevbr be greeted by me...
25th May 2006 10:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
THe band is over LJ...please...except it and wiah Keith Well. There wilkl unlikely be a nother tour for some time...if ever,,,yiur dreams have are over.

Is JB going through a phase?
25th May 2006 10:27 AM
F505 Hello JB good to see you again although you are drunk!
25th May 2006 11:20 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Is JB going through a phase?

Yes, the 'Angiegirl shall not be greeted' phase .

Josh, you're still my favorite Mr. Lawyer, no matter what you say.
25th May 2006 11:33 AM
Zeeta Whatever happens I think they'll play the UK that's for sure.
Just being positive!

We just gotta stop speculating and wait for Cohl's or the bands' statement on what happens re the remaning tour dates.
25th May 2006 11:40 AM
PeerQueer Keith under very close observation...

Prognosis still somewhat mixed...

Latest tour news still quite speculative...

Tons of $$$$ lost...

Ron wants to tour with Rod next summer...

Promoters tone going from wishful/hopeful to concerned...

Mick furious...

Charlie tired...

London show WILL happen...
25th May 2006 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Hello JB good to see you again although you are drunk!

Hello...we are very sorry abouyt everythingQ
25th May 2006 11:48 AM
sammy davis jr. A very good source said to me "Keith didn't fall out of a palm tree" However, he wouldn't tell me what happend....
I really think it's a worse situation than reported. The band may be kaput.
25th May 2006 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
A very good source said to me "Keith didn't fall out of a palm tree" However, he wouldn't tell me what happend....

agree 100% percent as to nature of injury....
25th May 2006 11:52 AM
FotiniD I still think that falling off a palm tree while holding a 'contest' with Ronnie of who would climb faster is pretty too far fetched for an excuse. Why come up with something so silly and complicated when they could have said he just slipped and fell or use only the jet ski accident?

It sounds too crazy to be made-up.

P.S. And about the sources thing... I know it's not usual to name one's sources but in this situation, spreading rumours can only make things worse. So "a source" doesn't mean much to me - even a good one. If there's evidence on the other hand - names, people - that's a whole different story.
[Edited by FotiniD]
25th May 2006 11:58 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I still think that falling off a palm tree while holding a 'contest' with Ronnie of who would climb faster is pretty too far fetched for an excuse. Why come up with something so silly and complicated when they could have said he just slipped and fell or use only the jet ski accident?

It sounds too crazy to be made-up.

P.S. And about the sources thing... I know it's not usual to name one's sources but in this situation, spreading rumours can only make things worse. So "a source" doesn't mean much to me - even a good one. If there's evidence on the other hand - names, people - that's a whole different story.
[Edited by FotiniD]

Then they wouldn't be a source,,not all of us behave like Karl Rove.
25th May 2006 01:02 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
A very good source said to me "Keith didn't fall out of a palm tree" However, he wouldn't tell me what happend....

________

Yesssssssssss...

Unfortunately, I have heard the same. The injury was far more serious than initial reports indicated, and Keith's health remains questionable. He ain't dyin', but touring in the near-term is day-to-day at this point. I'll go ahead and share a some of the more pertinent tidbits that have come my way over the past week.

I keep being told an episode of "hemoragic (sp?) stroke" occured shortly after the initial hospitalization which prompted the post-haste move to New Zealand. Keith appeared to recover from this episode well, all things considered, but showed signs of periodic disorientation, slurred speech, and extreme agitation over the next 48 hours. (I know - sounds like "normal" Keith!) He was "released" sorta, but was actually continueing close medical monitoring. During this time, his condition worsened and he was admitted back into the hospital where the blood-drain procedure was performed, followed by several more days of observation. He was finally released, though again remained under close observation/treatment in the same scenario as before.

When he was given the ok to fly he was still suffering bouts of severe disorientation, and speech challenges - challenges that apparently persist to this day, thus reinforcing the position that some have taken that Keith in fact suffered some form of stroke, though if true, said stroke appears to have been mild in nature, and may not have long-term impacts, though complete rehabilitation will likely take several months. AND, he is apparently not out of the woods yet regarding the increased risk of yet another such episode.

Now I have regarded this incoming information with strong reservations, until most recently when the person who shared it simply said, "Why haven't you seen Keith speak in public since the accident? Why didn't he let loose a wise crack upon his release from the hospital? He made the walk from door to car and then w/o saying anything beyond a prepared written statement, followed by another apparent written statement upon his return to the States. Keith is having difficulty speaking, and likely, the full range of his physical movements has been compromised to some degree as well."

The Stones camp has been very tight-lipped, far more than they were when Keith hurt his finger or cracked his ribs or when Charlie was battling Cancer, or Ronnie was going to rehab...

I agree with those who say the injury was more serious, and remains more serious than was reported, and sadly, I find myself believing, that Keith did suffer far more than just a bad bump on the head.

The guy is tough though - and I also believe that he is gonna be ok, and defy the odds. I really hope they play London this summer - I will be there, as I was told over the winter it would really be for the last time. I didn't really believe it then, but now...

25th May 2006 01:05 PM
jb Hopefully, he won't end up like Kirk Douglas.
25th May 2006 01:08 PM
Some Guy This is not how it should end
25th May 2006 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This is not how it should end

it;s over
25th May 2006 01:10 PM
Some Guy The stuff PQ wrote makes sense and I hate it
25th May 2006 01:11 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The stuff PQ wrote makes sense and I hate it

Keith is a pussy....god forbid he tries to play againn..it would be like me trying to play the bongos
[Edited by jb]
25th May 2006 01:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith is a pussy....

bringing laughter to the masses
25th May 2006 01:12 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

bringing laughter to the masses

lol
25th May 2006 01:12 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith is a pussy....

________-

Dude...

I'm all for good fun, but I think that one might have crossed the line.

25th May 2006 01:14 PM
Some Guy
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

________-

Dude...

I'm all for good fun, but I think that one might have crossed the line.

it kinda goes back to an old thread and was lightheartedly done I believe
25th May 2006 01:15 PM
sammy davis jr. I was not "trying to spread rumours"......But I have to ask- If old Keith is doing so well, as reported by the Stones PR Machine, why was the european leg postponed? It's obvious people.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)