ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones postpone first 15 shows Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
27th May 2006 01:28 PM
glencar Yep, that's over the line.
27th May 2006 02:04 PM
lotsajizz yeah, I mean I appreciate Helen Keller jokes and tasteless shit as much as the next guy....but.......

27th May 2006 02:16 PM
BONOISLOVE People! Little people! Stop the insanity!!! Don't you know that the world is a place where children of all nationalities can drink orange soda? DIDN'T YOU KNOW???
28th May 2006 05:40 AM
egon
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
People! Little people! Stop the insanity!!! Don't you know that the world is a place where children of all nationalities can not see the barcelona show? DIDN'T YOU KNOW???

29th May 2006 05:48 PM
Gazza ok..back on topic (whatever the fuck it was)

Supposedly the e-mail announcing the postponement to those who booked tickets for Brno stated that they will know the new date for that show by June 5th.

Ticketnet in France have e-mailed customers with Paris tickets stating that the tour will start on July 8th (venue and city still not confirmed, however)

A Belgian magazine has stated that the opening show will be in Brussels on July 8th - however the stadium is being used that weekend for a major athletics meeting, so that seems to be unlikely.

With a bit of luck, we should hear the new dates by this time next week. Obviously, with so many shows needing rescheduled, it becomes more difficult to arrange stadium availability and (more difficult) accommodation for a few hundred crew members at what is the height of the tourist season.
29th May 2006 06:50 PM
PeerQueer With a bit of luck, we should hear the new dates by this time next week. Obviously, with so many shows needing rescheduled, it becomes more difficult to arrange stadium availability and (more difficult) accommodation for a few hundred crew members at what is the height of the tourist season.
[/quote]

Last I heard (yesterday) Keith's health was still of considerable concern. (still no actual verbal confirmation from the man himself regarding his condition...)

Seems his rehabilitation from whatever incident took place last month is taking longer to recover from than initially hoped.

The promoters are on code red as millions are flying out the window and some were banking on those European shows and the whispers of canceled are now becoming far more audible murmurs...

Then again, industry folks gossip as much as anyone, so who the hell knows...
29th May 2006 06:53 PM
speedfreakjive England dates will now take place in October IMHO.
29th May 2006 06:53 PM
Joey
" Seems his rehabilitation from whatever incident took place last month is taking longer to recover from than initially hoped.

The promoters are on code red as millions are flying out the window and some were banking on those European shows and the whispers of canceled are now becoming far more audible murmurs...

Then again, industry folks gossip as much as anyone, so who the hell knows... "

The tour is over ....
29th May 2006 06:56 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Joey wrote:

The tour is over ....

______________-

Shit!
29th May 2006 07:57 PM
LadyJane I REALLY think it is time to end the speculation.

TRUST me....EVERYTHING is gonna be just fine.

Perks....I normally find you funny. The "oven" remark was completely out of line and should be deleted.

LJ.

ps...Gazza have I got a surprise for ewe from my weekend getaway. LOL. Compliments of the wild man TomL.

29th May 2006 08:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
England dates will now take place in October IMHO.

no way. Those shows wont be affected. Why rearrange 35 shows by postponing them all when you can do just 15.
29th May 2006 08:06 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no way. Those shows wont be affected. Why rearrange 35 shows by postponing them all when you can do just 15.

see what u mean , but just a gut feeling; probs wrong!
29th May 2006 08:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Last I heard (yesterday) Keith's health was still of considerable concern. (still no actual verbal confirmation from the man himself regarding his condition...)

nor should there be. Keith's entitled to private recuperation without running to the pages of Hello magazine or the like or holding press conferences to say hes OK. Thats what his press people are employed for. Its unreasonable to expect daily updates (as some seem to wish for) on his recovery - theyd all say the same anyway
29th May 2006 08:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
ps...Gazza have I got a surprise for ewe from my weekend getaway. LOL. Compliments of the wild man TomL.

Oh Christ..now I AM worried

The pun suggests something with a 'mutton' connection, methinks
29th May 2006 08:13 PM
speedfreakjive i am hoping for Ain't To Proud To Beg (at least) at Twickenham, complemented by Rambler, Shelter and Sway!
29th May 2006 09:03 PM
Gazza going by the type of setlists at previous shows where theyve done two nights, expect the last 3 at one or other of the two shows - ATPTB may be a slightly longer shot, however

unless theyve changed the setlist around a bit by Europe, of course - which if they do, is likely to be done in a way to make it more stadium friendly unfortunately
29th May 2006 11:17 PM
glencar I see Lady Jane in this summer's set list.
30th May 2006 04:44 AM
Gazza Vienna now confirmed for 14th July

http://www.oeticket.com/search/scripts/evsearch_oet.dll/detshow?pid=OET&evid=129631

However, this WAS the date of the show in Frankfurt - so I guess that will be moved to a new date or cancelled

Good news is that the tour WILL be starting in July - bad news is that it appears that they may pull some of the slower selling gigs.

edit : Belgian ticket agency have e-mailed ticket holders for Brussels about the show being postponed but have now also confirmed 8th July as the tour start

(thanks to Rolling Hansie, Didi and sssoul for the info)

[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 06:14 AM
Gazza And now, just to confuse things, OE have updated their Vienna info page to say that a new date will be confirmed by 6th June

http://www.oeticket.com/search/scripts/evsearch_oet.dll/detshow?pid=OET&evid=129631

German promoters dont know anything about Frankfurt being rescheduled so whilst it appears Vienna is being rescheduled OK it wont necessarily be on 14th July
30th May 2006 07:06 AM
Gazza looks like there will be some rescheduling done to shows that were due to take place later in the tour. St Petersburg is now expected to be mid July.

Official information on a new date for the RS concert

The organizer of the Rolling Stones concert in St. Petersburg PMI corporation announces that the only show by the legendary rockers previously planned for June 13th 2006 will take place at the Kirov stadium, but will be moved to the first half of July. The exact date of the concert will be announced shortly. All tickets sold previously are VALID.

The organizers believe that the movement of the date will make the show even more special, as it may become the opening show in the European leg of the band's tour.

KASSIR.RU comments:
Confirmation of the show taking place is good news for all fans of the Rolling Stones!

Don't postpone to book your tickets as with the heavy coverage of the situation around the concert by the mass media ticket sales increased dramatically in the past couple of weeks and the admission is still limited.

In case of questions contact our offices
(812) 703-4040 in St. Petersburg
(495) 730-730-0 in Moscow

Order tickets here...
[217.73.200.248]

[www.kassir.ru]

(thanks to Alex GB for the info)
[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 07:29 AM
PartyDoll MEG So nice to have the "Voice of Reason" back from holiday!
30th May 2006 09:53 AM
glencar The Russian show isn't one of the slow sellers? Wow, the winds of change finally arrived!
30th May 2006 10:01 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And now, just to confuse things, OE have updated their Vienna info page to say that a new date will be confirmed by 6th June

German promoters dont know anything about Frankfurt being rescheduled so whilst it appears Vienna is being rescheduled OK it wont necessarily be on 14th July

but there IS a tour..... right...?
30th May 2006 10:08 AM
glencar Yes! See ya in London, Egon?
30th May 2006 10:15 AM
egon oooooh gleny... don't say those things.

must.....go....london...!!!

30th May 2006 10:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:

but there IS a tour..... right...?

right!
30th May 2006 11:00 AM
voodoopug nothing is confirmed until they actually take the stage. Let's let the man recover instead of worrying for our own good whether or not he will play again. It is glaringly obvious that most here would rather a severely injured Keith lay on the stage floor while a "ghost player" covers for him just so they can satisfy their own desire to see the stones for the 129th time.

I would be very surprised to see this tour get rolling again, and judging by the quality of the guitar work on the Japan shows I recently received...it really must improve or it will become extremely embarrassing.
30th May 2006 11:03 AM
gimmekeef So..we are getting even more confused...but the good news is... theres something to be confused about!!!!!!!!
30th May 2006 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
It is glaringly obvious that most here would rather a severely injured Keith lay on the stage floor while a "ghost player" covers for him just so they can satisfy their own desire to see the stones for the 129th time.

absolute bollocks. Theyve officially said he's making a full recovery and its as good as official the tour will restart on July 8th. Good enough excuse for me and everyone else who has tickets for these shows to ponder about rescheduled dates, etc. I've long been satisfied that he will make a full recovery. Had it been otherwise, I couldnt give a flying fuck about a tour let alone the ridiculous scenario that you've just suggested.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I would be very surprised to see this tour get rolling again, and judging by the quality of the guitar work on the Japan shows I recently received...it really must improve or it will become extremely embarrassing.

I would venture that its 'glaringly obvious' that quite a few people would rather the European tour was pulled just so that Keith can get a few months rest to enable them to satisfy their own selfish desire to see the Stones play their 129th show in the US on this tour.

Now THAT is extremely embarrassing.

[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 12:04 PM
gimmekeef The playing on the Japanese shows (and I have every boot available now) is fine.The only embarassment is the fact people seem to want to argue about everything here..or prove their personal points about which no facts are in stone yet.I just hope they get it straightened out soon so our friends in Europe dont lose any more money on tix,planes and hotels...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)