ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes We Can (massive hope content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
16th February 2008 05:14 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I'm not a policeman.

Me neither. Cops would go to the administrators and try to get people banned. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.
16th February 2008 05:16 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
And don't you ever call me a racist again, you shitbag.

"Black canvas"? You can't have it both ways, shoog. You ain't no Willard Romney.
16th February 2008 05:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
"Black canvas"? You can't have it both ways, shoog. You ain't no Willard Romney.

Anyway I like reading both you posters. And my impulse is to jump in and try to stop the runaway train. But have at it.
16th February 2008 05:33 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Anyway I like reading both you posters. And my impulse is to jump in and try to stop the runaway train. But have at it.

glencar is an intelligent man, despite his obtuse insistence that progressives must be stupid to differ with his politics. And I assume he is no more a racist in the pure, virulent sense than I am. Comments about blonder candidates and black slates are racist comments, however, and I will call them out when I see them.
16th February 2008 05:51 PM
lotsajizz don't pussy foot around...he's a right wing bigot
17th February 2008 03:28 AM
Bloozehound LSD experiments gone wrong, barbed wire beers, chingly jangly guitars, hot tub full of barbie doll virgins, chicken fry those greasy licks

the fly master ~ jimi H ~ ez ryder

[Edited by Bloozehound]
17th February 2008 11:31 AM
Riffhard Liberals are crazy! It's true!

The truth of liberal insanity

Here are just a couple of brilliant nuggets from this article.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

*creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization

*satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence, and compensation

*augmenting primitive feelings of envy

*rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't have said it better myself! However, you should really read the whole article. There is not one thing in this article that can be refuted. It spells out the "feel good" emotionalism of liberalism while exposing the insanity of the liberal agenda. In a word, brilliant!

Riffy
17th February 2008 11:37 AM
LadyJane Watched John McCain on Larry King last night.
I did not know that his 19 year old son just finished a Tour of Duty in Iraq.
I also did not know that he REFUSES to discuss this publically as to not exploit his child's service for Political gain.

I really respect that.

LJ.

17th February 2008 11:44 AM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Watched John McCain on Larry King last night.
I also did not know that he REFUSES to discuss this publically as to not exploit his child's service for Political gain.

I really respect that.

LJ.

Who would ever use their children to advance their own political career? I mean would be that cold and calculating?

McCain, though too liberal for my tastes, has more class than the entire Clintoon family tree.

Riffy
17th February 2008 11:50 AM
LadyJane Chelsea Clinton is a grown woman who is quite capable of supporting her Mother, if she so desires.

I think the Clintons went to great lengths to protect her and keep her from the media while she was growing up in the White House. I believe the Bush's have done the same with Jenna and Barbara.

Can I make ONE statement about a nominee without the immediate knee jerk reply from one of the Anti-Clinton Brigade??

Guess not.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
17th February 2008 12:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Chelsea Clinton is a grown woman who is quite capable of supporting her Mother, if she so desires.

I think the Clintons went to great lengths to protect her and keep her from the media while she was growing up in the White House. I believe the Bush's have done the same with Jenna and Barbara.

Can I make ONE statement about a nominee without the immediate knee jerk reply from one of the Anti-Clinton Brigade??

Guess not.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]

It's a joke see?!

I agree that the Clintoons did a good job of keeping her out of the press and foder for tabloid trash talk, but I just can not stand Hillary. It's really that simple. I feel that everything the woman does is calculated. From her tears to her playing the victim card at every turn. The behind the scenes Hillary is a very scary mean spirited beast that the public knows nothing about because the media never sheds light on her true character. Ask George Stephopoulos or Dee Dee Myers about Hillary!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
17th February 2008 12:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Watched John McCain on Larry King last night.

McCain is a class act all around, always has been.

Contrast John McCain to the draft dodging Mormon who sat out the Vietnam War in France while young black soldiers died fighting for his freedom - that fuckstick said this when asked what his Mormon sons were doing to support the War on Terrorism:

“One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I’d be a great president.”

Yeah sure, Moroni. Too bad for you that nobody but AM talk show hosts feel the same way, you phony triple-faced creep.

http://i.abcnews.com/Politics/wireStory?id=3458904
17th February 2008 12:16 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

It's a joke see?!

I agree that the Clintoons did a good job of keeping her out of the press and foder for tabloid trash talk, but I just can not stand Hillary. It's really that simple.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]

Well I'm glad to see you DO agree that if they only did ONE decent thing, it was the way they handled Chelsea's days in the White House.

I know you hate her, Riffy.

But you can start to let it go now. Not good for you, babe. Just like my hatred for George W Bush is waning. He's going away. She's going away.

Next up John McCain vs Barack Obama.

I don't see it going any other way.

LJ.

17th February 2008 08:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
glencar is an intelligent man, despite his obtuse insistence that progressives must be stupid to differ with his politics. And I assume he is no more a racist in the pure, virulent sense than I am. Comments about blonder candidates and black slates are racist comments, however, and I will call them out when I see them.

Bullshit. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Miss Lewinsky. That canard about racist Republicans is always floating around. I provided several posts about where I disagree with Barry Obama. You ignored that, natch. Then I made a couple of statements about how many Dems won't be voting for Barry due to his skin color but I wouldn't be part of that movement as I wouldn't ever vote for him for many, many reasons; none were because of the color of his skin. I realize you're not that bright but even a casual perusal of my posts ought to be pretty self-explanatory.
17th February 2008 08:25 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
don't pussy foot around...he's a right wing bigot

LOL Said the left-wing anti-Semite...
17th February 2008 08:26 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Well I'm glad to see you DO agree that if they only did ONE decent thing, it was the way they handled Chelsea's days in the White House.

I know you hate her, Riffy.

But you can start to let it go now. Not good for you, babe. Just like my hatred for George W Bush is waning. He's going away. She's going away.

Next up John McCain vs Barack Obama.

I don't see it going any other way.

LJ.

Don't be so fast there, Red! I won't discount the harridan's chances completely until the fat lady sings.
17th February 2008 10:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I realize you're not that bright.

You just don't care how specious and facially absurd your assertions are, do you? You can't be taken seriously when you display such a shameless disregard for the truth. Your return of my generous compliment with a baseless insult reveals your discourtesy. Bad form, sirrah; dreadfully bad form.
17th February 2008 10:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

You just don't care how specious and facially absurd your assertions are, do you? You can't be taken seriously when you display such a shameless disregard for the truth. Your return of my generous compliment with a baseless insult reveals your discourtesy. Bad form, sirrah; dreadfully bad form.

Hell , the guy posts over at www.MaxLugar.com .. what do you EXPECT ?!

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK !!!!! }

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J'Lo'Kins ! , Est. 1999
17th February 2008 10:23 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hell , the guy posts over at www.MaxLugar.com .. what do you EXPECT ?!

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK !!!!! }

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

No doubt. He's not even that good at psych warfare, hitting me on the one point where I suffer no self-doubt. The only evidence to support his insult is the fact that I waste any time (which "waits for no one," I'm told) sparring with him.

J'Lo'Kins ! , Est. 1999

18th February 2008 02:05 PM
sirmoonie Wait, so this Obama guy is out cutting and pasting meaningless truisms into speeches? We already have a president who does that. Or tries to do it.

Shades of Joey. Shades of Joey Smith.
18th February 2008 02:26 PM
Fiji Joe I wonder if Obama knows how specious and facially absurd it is to rip off a speech from a guy who ripped off his speech from some other guys

[Edited by Thomas Jefferson]
[Edited by Franklin Delano Roosevelt]
[Edited by John F. Kennedy]
[Edited by Martin Luther King]
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
18th February 2008 02:37 PM
Fiji Joe This statement just released from the Obama campaign headquarters...

"Barack is not stealing speeches...he's just sampling...there's a difference yo"

[Edited by Biggie Small]
[Edited by Grandmaster Flash]
[Edited by Doug E. Fresh]
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
18th February 2008 04:23 PM
Joey " ......wonder if Obama knows how specious and facially absurd it is to rip off a speech from a guy who ripped off his speech from some other guys "

< ----- I do not know Lil' Fiji ... I just do not know .

Concur Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"

18th February 2008 05:05 PM
gimmekeef Sampling?..now thats freakin funny!
19th February 2008 01:11 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I wonder if Obama knows how specious and facially absurd it is to rip off a speech from a guy who ripped off his speech from some other guys

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

It's not "ripped off" if the other guy offers it to you.

This is your "macaca moment"? This is your "Biden/Memorex"? This isn't even news:

www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/16/patrick_obama_campaigns_share_language_of_hope/

What is news is Fiji Joe carrying water for the Clinton campaign.
19th February 2008 02:20 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
This statement just released from the Obama campaign headquarters...

"Barack is not stealing speeches...he's just sampling...there's a difference yo"

[Edited by Biggie Small]
[Edited by Grandmaster Flash]
[Edited by Doug E. Fresh]
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Funny!

Photobucket
19th February 2008 09:15 AM
Rev Twenty Redlights Not invented for this thread, but rather an actual headline:

Jesus, uh, Mick Jagger, er Barack Obama coming to Dallas

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/feb/17/jesus-uh-mick-jagger-er-barack-obama-coming-dallas/
19th February 2008 10:24 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

It's not "ripped off" if the other guy offers it to you.

This is your "macaca moment"? This is your "Biden/Memorex"? This isn't even news:

www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/04/16/patrick_obama_campaigns_share_language_of_hope/

What is news is Fiji Joe carrying water for the Clinton campaign.

November is still many months away...You might want to put your hinges back on
19th February 2008 12:40 PM
nanatod
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I wonder if Obama knows how specious and facially absurd it is to rip off a speech from a guy...

9 of the 12 songs on The Rolling Stones, England's Newest Hitmakers were by people other than Jagger / Richards. Did the Stones "rip off" those songs "from a guy...?" No, they made the songs their own, popularized the ideas in the songs, and changed the world.

Whatever Barack Obama's faults may be (and I think they are few, if any), taking a couple of sentences from Deval and making more people aware of the ideas in the sentences, isn't something he should be faulted for.

19th February 2008 01:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
nanatod wrote:

9 of the 12 songs on The Rolling Stones, England's Newest Hitmakers were by people other than Jagger / Richards. Did the Stones "rip off" those songs "from a guy...?" No, they made the songs their own, popularized the ideas in the songs, and changed the world.

Whatever Barack Obama's faults may be (and I think they are few, if any), taking a couple of sentences from Deval and making more people aware of the ideas in the sentences, isn't something he should be faulted for.

Did he quote Deval?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)