ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes We Can (massive hope content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
12th February 2008 02:22 AM
pdog the political fights are half hand jobs, it's all exciting and feels good, but there's no climax...
12th February 2008 11:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

No...you're one of the many nutjobs who enjoys insulting me even when I don't post and then cry like babies when I post something in return...that's exactly how it plays out no?..You aren't the one to be citing examples of civil discussion...and did you just cite me to Riffy?...really?

No...you do what you do because you don't want to debate me...because you can't...seriously...what you gonna break out in this instance?...the hope card?...the change card?

You lost all credibility with me when you were running around here asking for people's education credentials before you would debate with them...How silly was that?...How silly is that?

Your pattern is to discredit people who disagree with you...and you try to do that in a variety of ways...there's BJ the elitist...there's BJ the victim..."you're a bigot", "you're a racist", etc, etc...you know very well you could drop all this...but you choose not to...because you know what will happen to you if you actually do debate me on the issues...and that's gotta hurt...for someone as "smart" as you

And why do you suppose so many "nutjobs" enjoy insulting you? It can't just be your reactionary politics; other right-wingers here are not so targeted. Could it be your obnoxious, name-calling online persona?

Yes, I cite Riffhard as a contrast to you. We may disagree as strongly as you and I, but he is willing to acknowledge when we find common ground. You have never done that, even when we both dubbed the "Witchita Lineman" moment as the "Witchita Shocker." I suspect the difference is that, like me, Riffy is a father. Parenting is a humanizing process you evidently have not experienced. As Macduff said of Macbeth, "He has no children."

You obsess about my superior legal education for a very obvious reason: you wish you had it but you don't. You cannot deny that if you had the ability to be admitted to Harvard Law School, you would have jumped at the chance. Nietzsche put it best: "'I do not like him.' 'Why?' 'He is better than me.' Has anyone ever been honest enough for this answer?"

I have objected to your ad hominem attacks, but I have not cried foul until you and your buddy decided to bring my family into it. You will note that I have, until this thread, avoided lowering myself to that level. I have eschewed, for example, the obvious retort to your constant misspelling of the term "hippie" as "hippy." I have not pointed out that the synonym for "flower child" is "hippie," and that "hippy" is an adjective that describes your wife. It's not that I can't think and write like you, it's that I choose not to.

My recollection of our substantive debates is that you drop the subject when you are soundly refuted.
12th February 2008 02:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

And why do you suppose so many "nutjobs" enjoy insulting you? It can't just be your reactionary politics; other right-wingers here are not so targeted. Could it be your obnoxious, name-calling online persona?

Yes, I cite Riffhard as a contrast to you. We may disagree as strongly as you and I, but he is willing to acknowledge when we find common ground. You have never done that, even when we both dubbed the "Witchita Lineman" moment as the "Witchita Shocker." I suspect the difference is that, like me, Riffy is a father. Parenting is a humanizing process you evidently have not experienced. As Macduff said of Macbeth, "He has no children."

You obsess about my superior legal education for a very obvious reason: you wish you had it but you don't. You cannot deny that if you had the ability to be admitted to Harvard Law School, you would have jumped at the chance. Nietzsche put it best: "'I do not like him.' 'Why?' 'He is better than me.' Has anyone ever been honest enough for this answer?"

I have objected to your ad hominem attacks, but I have not cried foul until you and your buddy decided to bring my family into it. You will note that I have, until this thread, avoided lowering myself to that level. I have eschewed, for example, the obvious retort to your constant misspelling of the term "hippie" as "hippy." I have not pointed out that the synonym for "flower child" is "hippie," and that "hippy" is an adjective that describes your wife. It's not that I can't think and write like you, it's that I choose not to.

My recollection of our substantive debates is that you drop the subject when you are soundly refuted.

Do you want to take a look at your posts in other threads?...Or do you choose to ignore them?...Common ground?...I suspect there is plenty of that to be had...Objectives being what they are, most people want the same things

And as for your recollection of "our susbstantive debates", I only recall one...and I recall reading it a week later and noticing you claiming victory because I didn't respond to the last of your 10+ circular posts...Frankly, it was one in the morning and you had begun to bore me...but it was a civil discussion...because you were civil

You want to debate issues?...and not throw out knee-jerk arguments revolving around past republican administrations, then go...go now?...Russle up an issue...don't be yella

And I can very much deny your assertions and assumptions as to whether I would have accepted admission into Harvard or any other law school other than the one I chose which allowed me to continue working to support my wife and children...and that's what you don't get...can't ever get...or choose not to get

And you have no business objecting to any style of attack I put forth...whether it be of the latin variety, or born of the backwoods...you do plenty of that on your own...Look at that Hillary thread and tell me who seeks out whom...here of late, you have managed to become obsessed with anything I post...What's wrong with you?...You behave like that and then cry when I insult you?

http://novogate.com/board/968/240956-4.html
http://novogate.com/board/968/240956-10.html
http://novogate.com/board/968/241253-4.html
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12th February 2008 04:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Do you want to take a look at your posts in other threads?...Or do you choose to ignore them?...Common ground?...I suspect there is plenty of that to be had...Objectives being what they are, most people want the same things

And as for your recollection of "our susbstantive debates", I only recall one...and I recall reading it a week later and noticing you claiming victory because I didn't respond to the last of your 10+ circular posts...Frankly, it was one in the morning and you had begun to bore me...but it was a civil discussion...because you were civil

You want to debate issues?...and not throw out knee-jerk arguments revolving around past republican administrations, then go...go now?...Russle up an issue...don't be yella

And I can very much deny your assertions and assumptions as to whether I would have accepted admission into Harvard or any other law school other than the one I chose which allowed me to continue working to support my wife and children...and that's what you don't get...can't ever get...or choose not to get

And you have no business objecting to any style of attack I put forth...whether it be of the latin variety, or born of the backwoods...you do plenty of that on your own...Look at that Hillary thread and tell me who seeks out whom...here of late, you have managed to become obsessed with anything I post...What's wrong with you?...You behave like that and then cry when I insult you?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I can't wait for that hippie to show up on your porch to kick your ass.
12th February 2008 06:10 PM
Joey
" And as for your recollection of "our susbstantive debates", I only recall one...and I recall reading it a week later and noticing you claiming victory because I didn't respond to the last of your 10+ circular posts...Frankly, it was one in the morning and you had begun to bore me..."

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!
12th February 2008 06:14 PM
TampabayStone Let's Keep it Clean!

Photobucket
12th February 2008 07:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

My dad doesn't regret much. That's one of the blessings of the Alzheimer's (asshole).
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]

You sound just like FPM!
12th February 2008 07:17 PM
glencar Why is it that supposed Harvard grads never know it's actually "Wichita"?
12th February 2008 07:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You sound just like FPM!

Do your best Jagger.
12th February 2008 07:18 PM
glencar That IS a cool video.
12th February 2008 07:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
You sound just like FPM!

You sound just like this lady:

[Edited by gypsy]
12th February 2008 07:24 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You sound just like this lady:

[Edited by gypsy]

Lenny's Momma?
12th February 2008 08:20 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
You sound just like FPM!

Thank you. You are too kind. I miss the monkey, even though he would routinely beat me to insightful observations, clever comments and obscure references.
12th February 2008 08:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why is it that supposed Harvard grads never know it's actually "Wichita"?

Good question. I don't know why I misspell that one.
12th February 2008 08:22 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Thanks for the memories.
12th February 2008 08:33 PM
Rev Twenty Redlights Crowd:

O Bama Hey Bama
Bamma Bamma O
Bama Hey Bama O Bama
Hey O B, O B won't you smile at me?
Bama O Bama Hey Superstar

Establishment:

Tell the rabble to be quiet
We anticipate a riot
This common crowd
Is much too loud
Tell the mob who sing your song
That they are fools and they are wrong
They are a curse
They should disperse

Crowd:

O Bama Hey Bama
Bamma Bamma O
Bama Hey Bama O Bama
Hey O B, O B you're alright by me

Obama:

Why waste your breath moaning at the crowd?
Nothing can be done to stop the shouting
If ev'ry tongue was still the noise would still continue
The rocks and Stones themselves would start to sing:

Crowd:

O Bama Hey Bama
Bamma Bamma O
Bama Hey Bama O Bama
Hey O B, O B won't you fight for me?
12th February 2008 10:54 PM
sirmoonie Is Obama really one of them "sport-model negroes"? Has anyone looked into this?
12th February 2008 11:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Lenny's Momma?

No. Lenny's mama was black - she was Helen on "The Jeffersons."

glencar reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz from "Bewitched" - she was the gossipy, spying neighbor who never minded her own business.
12th February 2008 11:54 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

No. Lenny's mama was black - she was Helen on "The Jeffersons."

glencar reminds me of Mrs. Kravitz from "Bewitched" - she was the gossipy, spying neighbor who never minded her own business.

You're funny. Keep it up.
13th February 2008 12:16 AM
The jinn, my friend. do your best jagger

About This Video do your best jagger
Added: February 10, 2008

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]

13th February 2008 02:37 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
do your best jagger

About This Video do your best jagger
Added: February 10, 2008

Those are pretty pretty funny!

You know, I knew who Lenny's momma was? Could not place who the pic was of. Nice!
13th February 2008 07:22 AM
Riffhard So yesterday in the Va, D.C., and Maryland primaries McRINO lost the conservative vote by a margin of 3-1!!

I guess the real conservatives around here don't know shit about real conservatism!

I, of course, knew that shit all along!

Genuine true, real, honest to God conservatives have always known that McRINO is no fucking conservative!!!!!!

He never was. He never will be, and he has no desire to even pretend to be one.

For those that are too stupid to figure that shit out I hope that the conservative voters have taught you a little something. I doubt it though.

Riffy
13th February 2008 08:51 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
So yesterday in the Va, D.C., and Maryland primaries McRINO lost the conservative vote by a margin of 3-1!!

I guess the real conservatives around here don't know shit about real conservatism!

I, of course, knew that shit all along!

Genuine true, real, honest to God conservatives have always known that McRINO is no fucking conservative!!!!!!

He never was. He never will be, and he has no desire to even pretend to be one.

For those that are too stupid to figure that shit out I hope that the conservative voters have taught you a little something. I doubt it though.

Riffy

Got a link for that?

To the extent it matters, and it barely does, wounded Vietnam Vet John McCain "won" the "conservative" vote in a bunch of other states over your draft dodging Mormon.

And if you can't see the circularity in citing an exit poll which asks people who they voted for and then asks how they would describe themselves with a mini-set of canned words, there is no way I can point it out to you. I'd reference my posts on the media created tautology regarding "conservative," and its laughable cites to AM talk show hosts as evidence, but those are over your head too since its where your vague definition comes from anyway.

Good showing by The Huckster - he is a true, real, genuine Ammerican conservative: four linked adjectives and a noun your pastry-eating, Mormon will never earn.
13th February 2008 09:36 AM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Got a link for that?

To the extent it matters, and it barely does, wounded Vietnam Vet John McCain "won" the "conservative" vote in a bunch of other states over your draft dodging Mormon.

And if you can't see the circularity in citing an exit poll which asks people who they voted for and then asks how they would describe themselves with a mini-set of canned words, there is no way I can point it out to you. I'd reference my posts on the media created tautology regarding "conservative," and its laughable cites to AM talk show hosts as evidence, but those are over your head too since its where your vague definition comes from anyway.

Good showing by The Huckster - he is a true, real, genuine Ammerican conservative: four linked adjectives and a noun your pastry-eating, Mormon will never earn.

Here ya go Moonie.

"Thirty-four percent of Republican primary voters in Virginia described themselves as very conservative, putting Huckabee in the game, reports ABC News' Gary Langer.

He won very conservative voters over McCain by better than a 3-1 margin, while McCain narrowly prevailed among somewhat conservatives and won moderate Republicans by more than 2-1, according to exit polls.

McCain, who had an insurmountable delegate lead going into today's primaries, has picked up hundreds more delegates thanks to Virginia and Washington, D.C.'s winner-take-all rules."

www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote200...=4279122&page=1

Now don't get me wrong here. Given the choice between McRINO or Hillary or Obama, I will vote for McRINO for obvious reasons. However, to say that McRINO is a conservative is just flat out wrong. He is a war hero. Granted, but his policies have been decidedly non-conservative on many very important issues. Ranging from his stance on tax cuts, illegal immigration, to his contempt of corporations(he recently refered to pharma companies as "the enemy"!), and his opposition to drilling for our own oil in ANWAR. These are just a few glaring examples.

There are many reasons that conservatives have a very hard time supporting him. He has gone out of his way to stick his finger in the eyes of many conservatives for a long time now and many conservatives, myself included, have valid reasons to be suspect of his particular brand of conservatism.

McCain/Feingold. McCain/Kennedy. He seems more concerned about trying to court liberals than conservatives. That is his Achilles heel amoungst the base, and he created it all by himself.

Meanwhile Romney, who has bowed out, still has more delgate votes than does Huckabee. Had he stayed in the race he would have still lost to McRINO, but he would have crushed Huckabee among the self identified conservative base.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
13th February 2008 11:59 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Here ya go Moonie.

"Thirty-four percent of Republican primary voters in Virginia described themselves as very conservative, putting Huckabee in the game, reports ABC News' Gary Langer.

He won very conservative voters over McCain by better than a 3-1 margin, while McCain narrowly prevailed among somewhat conservatives and won moderate Republicans by more than 2-1, according to exit polls.

What I said.
13th February 2008 12:11 PM
Joey " Now don't get me wrong here............."

13th February 2008 01:43 PM
gypsy

I could never vote for a man whose son slashed the throat of a dog and hung it to "put it out of it's misery."
He was also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon last year at Little Rock National Airport, claiming that he had forgotten about the .40-caliber Glock. According to an arrest report, police at an X-ray machine could see the gun. It was loaded with eight rounds in a clip - none in the gun’s chamber - and was accompanied by a nine-round clip.
Plus, look at the guy...if he doesn't look like a serial killer-in-training, I don't know what does.

13th February 2008 01:53 PM
TampabayStone
13th February 2008 01:54 PM
gimmekeef Actually..looking at the guy I'm expecting him to say.."Like fries with that Sir?"
13th February 2008 01:59 PM
pdog I keep hearing about the conservative base, and all this he is not a real conservative or not... so I have to ask, knowing what real conservatism is and isn't, what the fuck is the platform for this base? And it's ironic, that those who have constantly bashed and bagged on liberal, dems and lefties, lumped them together calling them extremists, are themselves, by defintion of what "the base" is, being extremists themselves....
I hope I'm not the only one, who see's this... but it doesn't matter. A real conservative, doesn't need to stand up and scream I'm a conservative or attack other for not being a true conservative.
Small govt. lower taxes and individual freedom is the base of conservatism. It's that simple...
I don't need to cite who isn't, I know who is!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)