ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes We Can (massive hope content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
4th March 2008 06:12 PM
pdog scotfree, you're not a moron... that was me being in the moment, Joey... he's the moron.
4th March 2008 06:14 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey... he's the moron.

Poi ....................

...you make young Joey sad .
4th March 2008 06:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Poi ....................

...you make young Joey sad .

have a nice cry!
4th March 2008 06:18 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

have a nice cry!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th March 2008 06:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emo fag Bright Eyes fan!!!
4th March 2008 07:56 PM
Scottfree
quote:
pdog wrote:

This is why you're a moron, I don't give Dems any pass or any credit for anything either, the only difference is, Bush did send troops into Iraq, gave billions of dollars in no bid contracts away. This war costs 8 billion an hour. Are we getting our moneys worth? Are the politicians being straight with us? Have we created more enemies in the mid-east? Did we fail to destroy A.Q.?
I know the answers, and for me, it's not a issue of Dem or Rep. Bush is a fucking moron and a fool because he let his so-called friend and advisors use him, and he is to proud to admit, what he knows is true. It is a failing foreign policy, because war is not a policy, and he is stuck with the policy of war, since so many un-american, un-patriotic companies and people are getting rich from a war with no end in Iraq! Yes, Clintons too! If I had more money I'd invest in these companies too...

All that I'm saying is give war a chance.... War can work when it's fought to win; unfortunately, we(USA) are to PC to fight a war to win outright. The last time we did was WW2, and it neutered Japan for 60+ years, and has ultimately been very beneficial for them, and our relationship as a whole. I don't have vitriol hatred for Bush, I dislike many of his decisions, and yes he's about as articulate as, well something that isn't articulate (although I'll give him some credit, dude has had some pretty decent speeches here and there). As far as the questions you raise, I don't believe these will be able to be answered for many years to come, I think its far to soon to tell whether this battle (Iraq), will be beneficial to us, and the way we want to shape the middle east...
[Edited by Scottfree]
4th March 2008 08:01 PM
mojoman
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

All that I'm saying is give war a chance.... War can work when it's fought to win; unfortunately, we(USA) are to PC to fight a war to win outright. The last time we did was WW2, and it neutered Japan for 60+ years, and has ultimately been very beneficial for them, and our relationship as a whole. I don't have vitriol hatred for Bush, I dislike many of his decisions, and yes he's about as articulate as, well something that isn't articulate (although I'll give him some credit, dude has had some pretty decent speeches here and there). As far as the questions you raise, I don't believe these will be able to be answered for many years to come, I think its far to soon to tell whether this battle (Iraq), will be beneficial to us, and the way we want to shape the middle east...
[Edited by Scottfree]

meanwhile............

Chinese Military Spending Rises Sharply

By DAVID LAGUE
Published: March 5, 2008
BEIJING — China announced a further sharp increase in military spending on Tuesday, a day after the United States renewed its warning that a lack of openness surrounding the rapid buildup of the Chinese armed forces posed a threat to stability in Asia.

China’s military budget for 2008 will increase by 17.6 percent to 417.77 billion yuan, or about $58.8 billion, Jiang Enzhu, spokesman for the National People’s Congress, China’s legislature, told a news conference.

This follows a 17.8 percent increase in 2007.

Before the annual legislative session, which begins Wednesday, Mr. Jiang also said the situation in the Taiwan Strait was “grim and complex” and called on the Taiwanese president, Chen Shui-bian, to halt what Beijing described as unacceptable moves toward independence. China considers the island of Taiwan a breakaway province.

China has increased annual defense outlays by double-digit percentages most years in the past two decades to pay for an array of modern weapons and better training and conditions for its 2.3 million-person military, the world’s biggest standing force.

Foreign security experts in the United States and elsewhere say Beijing’s real military spending is two or three times the announced figure. They say these sustained increases have put China on track to become a major military power and the country most capable of challenging American dominance in East Asia.

They also say that China’s main objective is to develop the firepower to overwhelm Taiwan in the event of conflict while deterring or delaying any American forces sent to help defend the island.

Senior Chinese officials dismiss these assessments.

Mr. Jiang said the increase in spending this year was purely defensive and would allow for upgraded equipment along with better pay and benefits for service personnel.

As a proportion of government outlays, the amount is less than what the United States, Russia, India and France spend on their militaries, he said.

“China’s limited armed forces are totally for the purpose of safeguarding independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Mr. Jiang said. “China will not pose a threat to any country.”

In its annual report to Congress on the Chinese military, released on Monday, the Pentagon said the outside world had limited knowledge of the motivation behind China’s accelerating buildup and the capabilities it was developing.

Beijing had yet to give detailed reasons for its modernization or publish complete figures on military spending, the report said.

“The lack of transparency in China’s military and security affairs poses risks to stability by increasing the potential for misunderstanding and miscalculation,” it said.

In Beijing, the Chinese government criticized the Pentagon report, saying it distorted the facts.
4th March 2008 08:40 PM
pdog
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

[Edited by Scottfree]

your last sentence is why they hate us... we've been fucking with Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and others for 50 years... you think maybe, things like supporting evil dicataors and corrupt monarchies might not be working... The Shah thing sure was a success in Iran, yes?
4th March 2008 08:42 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

meanwhile............

Chinese Military Spending Rises Sharply

By DAVID LAGUE
Published: March 5, 2008
BEIJING — China announced a further sharp increase in military spending on Tuesday, a day after the United States renewed its warning that a lack of openness surrounding the rapid buildup of the Chinese armed forces posed a threat to stability in Asia.

China’s military budget for 2008 will increase by 17.6 percent to 417.77 billion yuan, or about $58.8 billion, Jiang Enzhu, spokesman for the National People’s Congress, China’s legislature, told a news conference.

This follows a 17.8 percent increase in 2007.

Before the annual legislative session, which begins Wednesday, Mr. Jiang also said the situation in the Taiwan Strait was “grim and complex” and called on the Taiwanese president, Chen Shui-bian, to halt what Beijing described as unacceptable moves toward independence. China considers the island of Taiwan a breakaway province.

China has increased annual defense outlays by double-digit percentages most years in the past two decades to pay for an array of modern weapons and better training and conditions for its 2.3 million-person military, the world’s biggest standing force.

Foreign security experts in the United States and elsewhere say Beijing’s real military spending is two or three times the announced figure. They say these sustained increases have put China on track to become a major military power and the country most capable of challenging American dominance in East Asia.

They also say that China’s main objective is to develop the firepower to overwhelm Taiwan in the event of conflict while deterring or delaying any American forces sent to help defend the island.

Senior Chinese officials dismiss these assessments.

Mr. Jiang said the increase in spending this year was purely defensive and would allow for upgraded equipment along with better pay and benefits for service personnel.

As a proportion of government outlays, the amount is less than what the United States, Russia, India and France spend on their militaries, he said.

“China’s limited armed forces are totally for the purpose of safeguarding independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Mr. Jiang said. “China will not pose a threat to any country.”

In its annual report to Congress on the Chinese military, released on Monday, the Pentagon said the outside world had limited knowledge of the motivation behind China’s accelerating buildup and the capabilities it was developing.

Beijing had yet to give detailed reasons for its modernization or publish complete figures on military spending, the report said.

“The lack of transparency in China’s military and security affairs poses risks to stability by increasing the potential for misunderstanding and miscalculation,” it said.

In Beijing, the Chinese government criticized the Pentagon report, saying it distorted the facts.

Ever get the feeling WWII didn't really end, just kinda switched a few things around?
5th March 2008 01:08 AM
glencar Ever get the feeling we need to stop sending jobs over to China? How much cheaply-made crap do you people need? I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about how the Chinese take over one of our industries at a time. We're sending them raw materials & they're sending us better & better stuff all the time. I always buy non-Chinese-made, even though it costs me more. I paid double for a wrench last year because it was better & it was made in America.
5th March 2008 01:14 AM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I caught that outrageous quasi-endorsement of McCain, too. Besides being a blatantly false dismissal of Barack's experiences and qualifications, it's the sort of stab-in-the-back maneuver that will cost Hillary her future in the Democratic Party.

Time magazine has an interesting article this week revealing that experience is overrated.

Experience is overrated? Really? I hope I get to see that article. And it looks like Barry Obama better get a move on! The fat lady ain't done singing yet!
7th March 2008 01:12 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Experience is overrated? Really? I hope I get to see that article. And it looks like Barry Obama better get a move on! The fat lady ain't done singing yet!

Yep. The article compares the experience of a number of Presidents and concludes that experience is not substantially correlated with success or historical greatness. A companion article summarizes scientific studies reaching similar conclusions.

And now we're learning that the Clinton campaign gave the ol' "wink, wink, nudge" to the Canucks on NAFTA.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/5599472.html
7th March 2008 07:49 AM
glencar I'm watching C-SPAN this morning & many Dems sound a mite pissed off at Hilly for trying to now claim those MI & FL delegates. the whole "changing the rules" thing.
19th March 2008 01:38 AM
Brainbell Jangler http://www.youtube.com/user/BarackObamadotcom
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)