ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yes We Can (massive hope content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
8th February 2008 01:32 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey's on the can.

Does that count?

Some things never change...

Bet Your Sweet Bippy Nanky .

**** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ! *****

Brown Stinkies ! ™
8th February 2008 02:06 PM
Starbuck
quote:
**** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ! *****

Brown Stinkies ! ™

....{yawwwnnnnn}.......
8th February 2008 07:43 PM
Brainbell Jangler Here's a commentary from the Wall Street Journal by a former Reagan speechwriter:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120241915915951669.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries
9th February 2008 03:12 PM
pdog The precursor to "we can"

9th February 2008 03:29 PM
TampabayStone
9th February 2008 03:53 PM
pdog funny story about that clip TB. When I was 14 or so, I fell aslleep watching the warrior, on the couch. I was dreaming and somehow included the movie in my dream. I remeber being scared as shit, thinking someone was tapping on my window, coming after me, and I was in that in between world of sleep and awake, and struck with fear. I was forcing myself to wake up, and afraid if I did, I was about to be killed. I did jump up, and had relief, and I remember rolling a fat 3 AM joint and swore I'd never tell anyone what happened.
9th February 2008 04:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:
funny story about that clip TB. When I was 14 or so, I fell aslleep watching the warrior, on the couch. I was dreaming and somehow included the movie in my dream. I remeber being scared as shit, thinking someone was tapping on my window, coming after me, and I was in that in between world of sleep and awake, and struck with fear. I was forcing myself to wake up, and afraid if I did, I was about to be killed. I did jump up, and had relief, and I remember rolling a fat 3 AM joint and swore I'd never tell anyone what happened.

That's some funny shit. I was prob about the same age when I 1st saw it.
9th February 2008 06:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Fantastic!...Now help me out here...I slept through the last speech...What is it we can do again?

I just learned from today's NY Times that Barack was aka "Barry" in high school. Why is it these Dems are always changing their names? Or is that what "Yes we can!" means?
9th February 2008 06:18 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Here's a commentary from the Wall Street Journal by a former Reagan speechwriter:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120241915915951669.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

From dipstick's link..."The day she admitted she'd written herself a check for $5 million, Obama's people crowed they'd just raised $3 million. But then his staff is happy. They're all getting paid."

Goddam, Peggy sure can write!
9th February 2008 06:51 PM
BONOISLOVE
9th February 2008 07:14 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Cynicism is so '90s, man.

thinking anything more than teenage fashion is subject to fashionable whims is so blaze`
9th February 2008 11:13 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just learned from today's NY Times that Barack was aka "Barry" in high school. Why is it these Dems are always changing their names? Or is that what "Yes we can!" means?

"Barry" seems like a perfectly natural nickname for "Barack." Didn't people use nicknames where you went to high school? It isn't as if he changed his name from "Obama" to "O'Hara."

Speaking of politicians who changed their names, what about the well-known Republican politician whose name was originally Leslie King, Jr.? I'll give you a hint: he was the guy who thought the Soviet Union didn't dominate Poland back in 1976.
9th February 2008 11:14 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:

thinking anything more than teenage fashion is subject to fashionable whims is so blaze`

After decades of hearing that idealism was "so Sixties," I thought the irony of my comment would be apparent.
10th February 2008 12:25 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:

I can't believe you JUST learned that. Why does that surprise you? It's just a nickname.
10th February 2008 12:27 AM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

After decades of hearing that idealism was "so Sixties," I thought the irony of my comment would be apparent.

I know. Maybe you should start adding "LOL" whenever you make a sarcastic post.
10th February 2008 07:27 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:

Was he Barry Obama? Or was he Barry Oba-di-OBA-da?
Or did he go by the singular "Barry" (like his facillitator Oprah)?
10th February 2008 08:42 AM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

"Barry" seems like a perfectly natural nickname for "Barack." Didn't people use nicknames where you went to high school? It isn't as if he changed his name from "Obama" to "O'Hara."

Speaking of politicians who changed their names, what about the well-known Republican politician whose name was originally Leslie King, Jr.? I'll give you a hint: he was the guy who thought the Soviet Union didn't dominate Poland back in 1976.

Yes but Jerry Ford was adopted by his stepfather. Let's face it: November will be interesting but you're NOT going to like the results.
10th February 2008 08:43 AM
glencar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Was he Barry Obama? Or was he Barry Oba-di-OBA-da?
Or did he go by the singular "Barry" (like his facillitator Oprah)?

I believe he was Barry Obama, Druggie!
10th February 2008 09:32 AM
Some Guy Obama takes Nebraska.
10th February 2008 10:42 AM
akula sure. instead of real issues and the platform of the candidate, vote based on a catchphrase "yes we can" and the candidates charisma. vote based on what a bunch of celebs want.

Ron Paul 2008. www.ronpaul2008.com
10th February 2008 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Obama takes Nebraska.

You Bet your sweet Bippy Some Guy .

BEST OBAMA YET !!!!!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Snuggles ! ™
10th February 2008 11:55 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

You Bet your sweet Bippy Some Guy .

BEST OBAMA YET !!!!!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Snuggles ! ™

Joey, scope it out

10th February 2008 12:37 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:

????
10th February 2008 01:00 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Your post actually rang truth.
Americans, actually most consumer based cultures, do not think beyond what is fashionable. If it is not branded with a catch phrase, the concept is lost on general masses as they are conditioned at this point in time.
10th February 2008 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Joey, scope it out

Bloozey ......................

Is that the cream strippers use to bleach their ' spiderbites ' ?!
10th February 2008 03:57 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bloozey ......................

Is that the cream strippers use to bleach their ' spiderbites ' ?!

You bet your sweet bippy it is, that there is 100% bona fide, certified, special (yet elusive) poohole cream we've been hearing all the brew-haha about lately

I even hear it has magical healing powers and is a secret link to the mythical fountain of youth due to it's unique ability to transform even the darkest pooholes into healthy, vibrant, shiney beacons of poohole happiness

[Edited by Bloozehound]
10th February 2008 05:12 PM
Brainbell Jangler How sweep it is!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080210/ts_afp/usvote_080210114046

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
10th February 2008 05:36 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

10th February 2008 09:22 PM
wasted According to Real Clear Politics and CBS news, Obama has overtaken Clinton in the overall delegate count even if you include the Clinton advantage of super delegates. The results include the latest Obama victory in Maine

Delegate Count

Delegates Obama Clinton
Total - - 1137 1134

Super Delegates -total 796 confirmed Obama 139 Clinton 213

[Edited by wasted]
10th February 2008 10:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
From dipstick's link..."The day she admitted she'd written herself a check for $5 million, Obama's people crowed they'd just raised $3 million. But then his staff is happy. They're all getting paid."

Goddam, Peggy sure can write!

Dipstick? You call the Wall Street Journal dipstick? I'm stunned. I would have thought the WSJ would be your favorite national newspaper, especially now that your boy Rupert has gobbled it up.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)