ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary Leads Part II .... ( Stones Content -- Massive ) .... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
5th February 2008 08:22 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

I guess it is a legal matter, and too technical for me. I just find it absurd, that a person can't decide at the poll what party/candidate they want to vote for.... I just felt restricted, and I put it in perspective, there's people who have obstacles to go vote or don't bother or at one time weren't allowed to vote...

God bless America!

You should have just told them you are registered as whatever you wanted to vote as until they gave you the ballot you wanted! I assumed my registration was correct the way I mailed it in when Mitt Romney called me 20 times last night. The funny thing all along I planned on re-registering as an independant immedietly tomorrow as I don't really want to be a Republican anymore.
5th February 2008 08:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I cast my vote, proudly, for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

I will now duck and cover.

LJ.

((((((Blank Friggin' Stare)))))

My god woman! Have you learned nothing of the duplicitous nature of this political animal?!

Riffy
5th February 2008 08:30 PM
Dan
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

My god woman! Have you learned nothing of the duplicitous nature of this political animal?!

If anything, she made me very sympathetic toward Obama.
5th February 2008 08:31 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

I am a registered Democrat and had TWO choices.
Abstaining is not an option for me.
Besides, I think it's time we had a WOMAN in the Oval Office (other than under the desk giving head)

LJ.

PS. Lest anyone think I voted simply based on Gender, I DO have a positive history with Senator Clinton. About 5 years ago, Buffalo nearly lost our Children's Hospital It is the only Pediatric Trauma Center outside of New York City and serves WNY, Southern Ontario and Western PA. I was personally involved in the campaign to save the Hospital. Very involved. Senator Clinton's support was INSTRUMENTAL in securing that we remain open and HIGHLY successful today.
[Edited by LadyJane]
5th February 2008 09:04 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'm sorry P.
I take my right to vote so seriously that I find myself choking up (yeah go figure) as I leave the booth.

I guess I just start thinking about all of the sacrifices that went in to giving me MY VOICE.

So everyone...VOTE. If you don't vote, don't you dare complain.

I cast my vote, proudly, for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

I will now duck and cover.

LJ.

So did my better half... I voted for Obama... I was going to vote for McCain, if they would've given me the fucking Rep. ballot... Paul was a close 2nd and Huckster in third for me...
5th February 2008 09:05 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Abstaining is not an option for me.
Besides, I think it's time we had a WOMAN in the Oval Office (other than under the desk giving head)

OMG!!! Quote of 2008!!!
5th February 2008 09:16 PM
Fiji Joe What happens to unspent campaign money?...Ron Paul is still running ads on TV...He should pocket that money and spend it later on spliff
5th February 2008 09:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
What happens to unspent campaign money?...Ron Paul is still running ads on TV...He should pocket that money and spend it later on spliff

He can keep it for another prez run or continue to run, as an idependent. It must remain for a prez run, I beleive. Dude earned some major mullah.

5th February 2008 09:28 PM
robpop Be happy your votes make a difference in the primary. By the PA has it primary it will have been decided long ago. It always that way here. In fact back in the day I used to vote for Lyndon Hermyle LaRouche, Jr. The only reason being when the precinct results were posted I could point to the 1 under his name and tell everybody that's me.
5th February 2008 10:02 PM
Dan If Ron Paul wants to keep his house seat he has to drop out by March 4. But if he loses that primary (there is a challenger), the Libertarian nomination is his for the asking. (It was offered in December and the offer is still open).
5th February 2008 10:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Funny that a guy that constantly screams about Bush Geeks would be so staunchly in the tank for a guy that Bush bascially gave a free pass to with regards to the worst violation of 1st Amendment rights ever.

No, in a county that passed seditions acts, the Espionage Act, internments, and almost said you can't accuse Jerry Falwell of being in the outhouse with his mom, statements about a facially neutral act being the "worst violation of First Amendment rights ever" is funny. You have to admit, its just a tad of an exaggeration? Well, you should admit, but you don't have to.

But your newfound respect for a strict construction for HALF the First Amendment is admirable. Have no fear, Riffy! The law will be tweaked the other way very soon (approx 5 years) and you'll be able to watch liberals complain about the "worst viollation of First Amendment rights ever." I give you my word on this. And my word is golden, since I'm a conservative.
5th February 2008 11:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries

As the Vietnam War raged in the 1960s, Mitt Romney received a deferment from the draft as a Mormon "minister of religion" for the duration of his missionary work in France, which lasted two and a half years.
. . . . .
Romney's draft record from the time describes him as "minister of religion or divinity student." Mayo said the church would have considered Romney a minister.

WTF? Is this true? Why don't you ever hear about this in the media?

Let me get this straight:

While the Vietnam war rages, and John McCain is held as a prisoner of war, and thousand of black American soldiers are drafted and fight for their country (and over 7,000 black Americans would die fighting for their country against Communism in Vietnam before the war ended), this superfluous, two-faced Mormon creep is running around on foreign soil in France on a "missionary deferment", knocking on doors, bothering decent Christian folk in their homes, just so he can pimp a cult that openly declares black people to be cursed inferior people?

Am I missing anything? Did I get the facts and chronology correct?

That's horrific. What kind of functioning adult would act like that? Do the people who voted for him know this? I've seen a lot in my day, but this is some venal sleaze of the highest order.

Has anyone in the media asked him about this? Like how he felt when black people were dying to protect him from Communism while he was inherently trashing them in France? Has anyone asked him about that?
5th February 2008 11:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I could react rationally to your differences of opinion...or...I could insult your family, threaten to kick your ass, and include you under the ambiguous label of "McCain Geeks" while never having the stones to come out and tell you who I supported or what my opinions are on any issue...which would you find more "normal"?

I cannot wait for him to kick your Nazi geek ass. I want to watch.
5th February 2008 11:26 PM
Riffhard New found respect? You're kidding right? There is nothing about MRINO's "maverick" swing to the left that strikes me as even a little conservative! It's one thing to try and reach across the ailse, but McRINO openly considered crossing the aisle completely. He has a distain for the conservative base that opposses open borders and wants terrorists to be given no US judicial rights.

McCain/Feingold is a complete joke alright. If it's not the worst threat to free speech ever, it's right up there. Certainly it's the most harmful law for free speech rights in years, nay decades. You can thank McCain/Feingold for George Soros and his band of freaks from moveon.org, etc.

The only bill that McRINO has tried to get passed that is more f'ed up is McCain/Kennedy. Shit, Bush was in favor of that shit legislation too! Before the American people flooded the Senate with irrate calls and had it floored. Seriously,Bush has tried to appease the moderate/liberal RINOs all along, and for what? So someone like McRINO can just tell the conservative base of the party to "piss off". To deny that McRINO has real problem with the base is just ignorant. He's likely to be the nominee simply because the field sucks with teeth!

I'll support him before I support the Dem nominee, but he's far from conservative on many very important issues to the base.

Riffy
5th February 2008 11:43 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
It's one thing to try and reach across the ailse, but McRINO openly considered crossing the aisle completely.
He said he didn't. At least thats what I read.

quote:
McCain/Feingold is a complete joke alright. If it's not the worst threat to free speech ever, it's right up there. Certainly it's the most harmful law for free speech rights in years, nay decades. You can thank McCain/Feingold for George Soros and his band of freaks from moveon.org, etc.

It is a joke. But its a joke everyone in the country was clamoring about for years. So they wrote it and its fucked up. You are pissed because it brought on Soros and moveon.org, not because you are a Hugo Black fan. Trust me, the pendulum will swing. All will be well.

Anyway, Reagan amnesticized as well, for the same reasons people want to do it now - hell what he did applies even more now. But I think the immigration issue is so overblown, its hard to even listen to it - which makes me a conservative who thinks a "conservative" issue is overblown, not a liberal - get the diff?
6th February 2008 12:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
They say Obama is another John F. Kennedy..even the Kennedys say he's another John F. Kennedy...John F. Kennedy brought America to the brink of extinction during the Cuban missile crisis...he hung thousands of Cubans out to dry allowing the establishment of a communist dictatorship on our border...he authorized CIA operation in Iraq that armed the Baathist party and led to the murder of thousands and the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein...he raised our involvment in Vietnam to a point of no return...all in just over 2 years in office...Such things happen when inexperienced leaders get elected on a platform of hope and change...bad men across the globe feel obligated to test them...and typically, they react poorly...yeah...we need another JFK

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Fiji:
Do you hate all our war heroes, or is it just the Navy? And no, the "Champagne Squadron" of the Texas Air Guard does not count.
6th February 2008 12:13 AM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Fiji:
Do you hate all our war heroes, or is it just the Navy? And no, the "Champagne Squadron" of the Texas Air Guard does not count.

He hates himself.
6th February 2008 12:16 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
But I think the immigration issue is so overblown, its hard to even listen to it - which makes me a conservative who thinks a "conservative" issue is overblown, not a liberal - get the diff?

Everyone in america needs to read this, and not stop reading this, until they get it...

Read this people, understand it. This same thing apllies to Dems as well on many issues... God damn sirmoonie cuts through the crap...
6th February 2008 12:32 AM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Everyone in america needs to read this, and not stop reading this, until they get it...

Read this people, understand it. This same thing apllies to Dems as well on many issues... God damn sirmoonie cuts through the crap...

I've read it, and I don't agree even a little with moonie on this issue. I think the immigration, and the open border in particular, is a huge issue.

I guess it really depends on where ya live as to how the immigration issue affects your particular neighborhood, and should we get attacked by any Tom, Dick, or Mohammhad who happens to wander accross our southern border than anyone who ignored calls for a border fence will be forever fucked. It only took 19 bastards to fuck our whole world in 2001, and the very fact that people like moonie, and McRINO think that the border issue is overblown is absurd beyond belief to me.

Ther immigration and border is huge. It's real huge.

Riffy
6th February 2008 12:37 AM
gypsy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries

As the Vietnam War raged in the 1960s, Mitt Romney received a deferment from the draft as a Mormon "minister of religion" for the duration of his missionary work in France, which lasted two and a half years.
. . . . .
Romney's draft record from the time describes him as "minister of religion or divinity student." Mayo said the church would have considered Romney a minister.

What a spineless bastard. But this does not surprise me in the least. Like moonie, I'd like to know why this hasn't been made more public.
6th February 2008 12:54 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I've read it, and I don't agree even a little with moonie on this issue. I think the immigration, and the open border in particular, is a huge issue.

I guess it really depends on where ya live as to how the immigration issue affects your particular neighborhood, and should we get attacked by any Tom, Dick, or Mohammhad who happens to wander accross our southern border than anyone who ignored calls for a border fence will be forever fucked. It only took 19 bastards to fuck our whole world in 2001, and the very fact that people like moonie, and McRINO think that the border issue is overblown is absurd beyond belief to me.

Riffy

No true conservative thinks the immigration issue is overblown...unless they're of the McCain geek variety...and you don't even have to believe any of the things you posted about security...and you don't even have to believe the threat of lost jobs...you only have to look at the party allegiance of mexican-americans...particularly first generation mexican-americans...a true conservative would see that...a McCain geek sees it and pretends he doesn't
6th February 2008 12:56 AM
voodoodrew From a conservative also not overjoyed about the pending McCain nomination, I offer a couple of comments:

1. I think that Clinton and W. more than proved that military service doesnt matter with regard to electability. The media probably isn't bringing it up because McCain hasn't - he tried that against W. in 2000, and it didn't work. Nor did it work for H.W., Dole, or Kerry.

2. Immigration may not be overblown, but it is certainly oversimplified. I still think that the McCain/Bush hybrid would work, if the "amnesty" provisions were left out. We should close the border and closely watch who's coming in and out, albeit with a guest worker program that allows the economy (and guest workers) to prosper.
6th February 2008 12:59 AM
voodoodrew
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

...you only have to look at the party allegiance of mexican-americans...particularly first generation mexican-americans...a true conservative would see that...a McCain geek sees it and pretends he doesn't

FijiJoe - didn't Bush get something like 44% of the Hispanic vote? Granted it's under 50 and I have no idea what percentage of that is first generation, but 56% hardly constitutes an allegiance
6th February 2008 01:10 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoodrew wrote:

FijiJoe - didn't Bush get something like 44% of the Hispanic vote? Granted it's under 50 and I have no idea what percentage of that is first generation, but 56% hardly constitutes an allegiance

That's true...and it ain't 50%...and we ain't talking "hispanic" per se...W got big votes from non-mexican hispanics in Florida...and that's why I mentioned the numbers among first-generation mexican-americans...as their numbers grow via mass immigration, so does the disparity...I just read a mexican-american business rag that said mexican-americans were split 60-20 in favor of the democrats...Mexicans are by nature conservative...and typically, more religions overall...and if they vote their conscience, come up republican...but the dems make them populist promises that the republicans can't make...that said, if Obama wins the dem nod, I would guess more will vote republican than would with Clinton...white people aren't the only racists (see California primary 66% hispanic for Clinton)
6th February 2008 01:34 AM
pdog Keep in mind too, many Mexican-Americans look down, with vitriol, at the Mexican immigrants. You wanna talk about discrimination. It's hatred, there's no other way to put it. And those Mexi-ams are very, very conservative and very religous. It's weird for me meeting them, I don't understand their hatred of other mexicans. I'm cool with the rest, in case it needed to be said.
6th February 2008 01:47 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

I meet them everyday. When 3 or 4 border brothers hop in my cab to go home from work, I can tell they work in a restaurant. you know the smell if you ever worked as a dishwasher or did pantry and prep, like I did as a teen. I've yet to meet one person who hasn't gotten a dishwashing job b/c of these guys. And to lump them into terorism, is a ruse.
The war on terror was to be fought in Afghanistan when A.Q there numbered in the hundreds. We farmed out the chase to warlords, who still run over 95% of the country, and sell heroin... Are there any A.Q. bases in Mexico? Maybe we can get some drug smugglers to go after them... Mexicans love America for the most part. They share our history, our land mass. They are our friends, not some vermin to be afraid of. I want the workers to be taxed, and made to be a part of. I got no idea how to do it, but scapegoating and fear is bullshit. There's alot that bugs me, but I'm more bugged by some kid ignoring crack head ripping off the welfare system, than some hard working family, who want a better life. And yes, I had one in my cab the other night, leaving SF General trying to sell me taxi script for cash. I've never thrown a border brother out of my cab! That's the issue in my neighborhood, a former city of Mexico too....
6th February 2008 08:36 AM
CrissCrossMind One man ... one Woman ... one vote in this coutry ... Hilary wins more votes ... more delegates ... yet all we hear in the media is wow ... look at Obama ... Ted Kennedy & Caroline plus John Kerry & da Gov really helped in Mass ... which racial group votes as a block around 85% for B.O.? ... yet this group screams racist first and most often ... this is the sad underbelly that may cause the Dem's to lose to a guy close to 96 years old soon if the person that does lose does not do it with grace ... Hilary is the first woman ever to win any of states yet ... not a word about NOW ... Stupid Girl ... CCM
6th February 2008 09:24 AM
sirmoonie I'm covinced. Hypothetical musings, hard to follow as they may be, that a first generation Mexican given amnesty might vote for a Democrat years from now have proven the need for whatever Mormon Romney says about illegal immigration. I think he said its real bad and wants it stopped right now!

How could I have missed such obvious stuff? Makes sense to me. At least now I'm a conservative.

But I still want to know why its cool with Bush Geeks what that slimy Mormon did in France. I hope some black Vietnam vet give his geeky ass a wedgie with the gay Mormon underwear that Mormons wear.
6th February 2008 10:02 AM
sirmoonie Damn, even Huckabee smoked the goon Mormon, despite being outspent by tens of millions of $$$$$$. Mormon Romney can't get one true Christian conservative vote no matter how much $$$$$$ (The Large Green) he spends trying to pretend he's a normal American.

From what I hear from TRUE Christians, and I know many of them, Mormonism is an abomination to Christianity. No true Christian who believes in the message of Christ would dare to degrade their faith to such a degree as voting for a Mormon. Sometimes, there are bigger things than whether the team you root for wins an election - sometimes the very soul of the nation is at stake. Think before you vote - what would Jesus do? I'm sorry, but if you don't know the obvious answer to that, you really should not be posting in this thread.
6th February 2008 10:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels What's wrong with Mormons? They're very entertaining.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)