ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© ¿?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary Leads Part II .... ( Stones Content -- Massive ) .... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
4th February 2008 01:35 PM
steel driving hammer
4th February 2008 01:49 PM
CrissCrossMind Talkin' 'bout My Generation ... just wait till Hillary wears those purple Bell Bottoms ... to the victory stand in LA ... maybe we'll get a little EC playing those ... Bell Bottom Blues ... CCM
4th February 2008 02:09 PM
LadyJane From what I have observed this weekend, Obamamania is gonna be hard to stop.

They are surging.

LJ.
4th February 2008 02:13 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
From what I have observed this weekend, Obamamania is gonna be hard to stop.

They are surging.

LJ.

Until someone finally pins this guy down...ummm..define change?...
4th February 2008 02:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Joey, talk about massive, is Bill tripping the light fantastic with...Barney?

I was away, Nellie, on a mission. Mission accomplished, as I'm wont to opine. I missed your post. I was alerted to it via the internets. May I say, "Brilliant!"? It's a shame it's on a pissy Joey thread but nonetheless, nice job!
4th February 2008 02:55 PM
glencar http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/clinton_crys_in_connecticut.html
4th February 2008 02:55 PM
Joey " May I say, "Brilliant!"? It's a shame it's on a pissy Joey thread but nonetheless, nice job! "

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!

4th February 2008 03:03 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
john mccain is such a picture of morality after he returned home years after he was given the option of leaving he left his crippled wife for a woman, 17 years his junior, he met at a conference in hawaii. Most of his children still refuse to speak to him, and he believes we should occupy another country for the next hundred years...

he is at least as baseless as many people view the clintons to be if not more.

he is the shame of the republican party, what sorry shape the party is in.

OLDKR

didn't you vote labour last election?
4th February 2008 05:30 PM
pdog I will be voting in less than 24 hours....

God bless me!
4th February 2008 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I will be voting in less than 24 hours....

God bless me!

Obama ?!

YES !!!!!!

Joey ' Bill ' Clinton ! ™
4th February 2008 10:13 PM
glencar I too shall vote. I'm going with McCain but anyone who isn't a Dem is fine by me unless it's the moron, Ron Paul.
4th February 2008 10:13 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

If you could get that kinda trim, you'd leave too...so don't go casting stones

LOL
5th February 2008 05:34 AM
corgi37 If i was a Yank, i'd have to go for Hillary.

Man, that "Lizzie McGuire" show was brilliant!

And the movie? Man, when she sings "Hey now" - how can you not have a tear in your eye and a bulge in your pants.

Yep. Ms. Duff for President!
5th February 2008 09:04 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
If i was a Yank, i'd have to go for Hillary.

Man, that "Lizzie McGuire" show was brilliant!

And the movie? Man, when she sings "Hey now" - how can you not have a tear in your eye and a bulge in your pants.

Yep. Ms. Duff for President!

Hey Corgofish, you guys were in Vietnam, right?

Are there people in your country who run around bashing wounded Vietnam veterans who risked their life figthing for their country, and then crusade for whacko cult members who skipped the whole war by claiming jerk off status, then going to foreign countries like France to bad-mouth Christianity?

I think we might have them dudes in the U.S. I'm serious. There is this one guy called Mormon Willard Romney - he is loved very much, but I can't figure out what he did during Vietnam. Nobody asks him, nobody even brings the issue up. The media just won't touch what he did during the Vietnam war.

Its weird, because it came up all the time during the last election. But that was also bashing a guy who did go to Vietnam. Maybe I'm thinking about this backwards?
5th February 2008 10:00 AM
gimmekeef Mormon church obtained Vietnam draft deferrals for Romney, other missionaries
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff | June 24, 2007

As the Vietnam War raged in the 1960s, Mitt Romney received a deferment from the draft as a Mormon "minister of religion" for the duration of his missionary work in France, which lasted two and a half years.

Before and after his missionary deferment, Romney also received nearly three years of deferments for his academic studies. When his deferments ended and he became eligible for military service in 1970, he drew a high number in the annual lottery that determined which young men were drafted. His high number ensured he was not drafted into the military.

The deferments for Mormon missionaries became increasingly controversial in the late 1960s, especially in Utah, leading the Mormon Church and the government to limit the number of church missionaries who could put off their military service. That agreement called for each church ward, or church district, to designate one male every six months to be exempted from potential duty for the duration of his missionary work.

Romney's home state was Michigan, making his 4-D exemption as a missionary all but automatic because of the relatively small number of Mormon missionaries from that state. It might have been more difficult in Utah, where the huge Mormon population meant that there were sometimes more missionaries than available exemptions. Most missions lasted two and a half years, as Romney's did.

Barry Mayo, who was counselor to the bishop of the ward in Pontiac, Michigan, where Romney attended church, recalled in an interview that wards were allowed to exempt one missionary every six months from the draft. He said that he could not recall any time in which more than one potential draftee sought an exemption in the ward in a six-month period, so Romney's deferment was never in doubt.

"I was aware of the fact that there was an agreement of some sort of between the church and the Selective Service because there were some wards mostly in the West where the congregation was large and the number of youth was large," Mayo said. "The circumstances were very different here. Our congregation was small and the number of youth were small. To the best of my knowledge we never had a situation where we had more than two young men wanting to go in any one year... So I don't believe that we ever had to discourage someone from going on a mission because he was above that two-per-year limit."
Continued...

Page 2 of 2 --Mayo said no records are available from the period that would show how Romney's deferment was handled. But he said he recalled "the conclusion was `we really don't have to worry about [exceeding the quota] because we were never in that situation.' "

By serving as a missionary and being given the deferment, Romney ensured that he would not be drafted from July 1966 until February 1969. Romney's draft record from the time describes him as "minister of religion or divinity student." Mayo said the church would have considered Romney a minister.

Romney, who has said he would have served if he had been drafted, shed some light on his view of the matter in a recent interview with the Globe.

"I really don’t recall thinking about political positions when I was knocking at the door in France" as a missionary, Romney said. "I was supportive of my country. I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."

At the same time, Romney said, he was influenced by the statement of his father, then-Michigan Governor George W. Romney, who said in 1967 that he had been "brainwashed" by US officials about Vietnam. "When my dad said that he had been wrong about Vietnam and that it was a mistake and they had been brainwashed and so forth, I certainly trusted him and believed him," Romney said.

The exemption for Mormon missionaries created controversy at the time. Non-Mormons in Utah filed a lawsuit against the federal government in 1968. The suit was still in court two years later, at a time when "the church and the Selective Service System work hand-in-hand in deferring the missionaries," according to an article from the period published by The New York Times.

Richard Leedy, the lawyer who brought the suit, said in a telephone interview that he did so because "the substantial number of deferments to missionaries made the likelihood of us non-Mormons going to Vietnam a lot more likely."

Separately, Romney's draft service was deferred due to his status as a full-time student for about three years.

Romney registered with the Selective Service in April 1965 but was not considered readily available for military service until December 1970. His name was then put into the lottery based on an individual's birthday, and he drew the number 300 at a time when no one drawing higher than 195 was drafted.

"When Governor Romney's deferment for college and missionary service ended, he made himself available for military service, and his name went into the lottery, but he was not selected," Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom said via e-mail.

Michael Kranish can be reached at [email protected]

5th February 2008 10:00 AM
Fiji Joe After tonight, this here retard will have the republican nomination...His first order of business will be to get a map...and an index card with all the leaders of the important countries...

5th February 2008 10:02 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
After tonight, this here retard will have the republican nomination...His first order of business will be to get a map...and an index card with all the leaders of the important countries...

Well wont he just borrow W's?
5th February 2008 10:09 AM
Fiji Joe John McCain's zionism could cost the lives of Approximately 25% of American males under the age of 22...He's no Ronald Reagan...but he very well could be another Churchill (he was a big time zionist too)...which ain't exactly what we need right now

---
Senator John McCain Address to AIPAC
John McCain
AIPAC Policy Conference
April 23, 2002

There will always be an Israel. The terrorist onslaught against her people represents not progress towards a refoundation of historic Palestine but a plunge into an abyss of moral decay perpetrated in the name of the Palestinian people by their own leaders. There will always be an Israel, because the Israeli people will defend their homeland against murderers who pose as martyrs, and will never accept justice imposed on them by leaders who send children to kill their children.

There will always be an Israel, strong and free, because Israel, and her supporters in this country, will never allow the depravity of her enemies to obscure the moral clarity that inspired her founding, 54 years ago last week, as the homeland of a people who understood evil long before Americans saw its more recent expression on September 11th.

Terrorism is terrorism, whether in the form of professional killers who crash civilian aircraft into buildings or amateur murderers undistinguished by anything other than their willingness to take innocent lives.

A political solution to the conflict with the Palestinians is the best answer to Israeli insecurity, of course. But no moral nation -- neither Israel nor America -- can allow terrorists to chart the political course of its people. No freedom-loving nation can tolerate a terrorist state on its border. And no great nation can abandon the obligations of moral clarity for the convenience of situational ethics.

If we are serious about the values we in America and Israel live by, and the opportunities we would like all people in the Middle East to enjoy, we can allow terrorists no role in the political process.

Indeed, we must work to spread our values in the Middle East, first by opposing tyranny in the Arab world. The celebration of freedom in the streets of liberated Baghdad will serve as a counterpoint to the state-directed Arab media's distortion of the Palestinian conflict. It will be a reminder to other Arab tyrants that the United States is a natural ally of Arab people who aspire to freedom. Freeing Arabs from repression by tyrannical regimes is the priority of neither Yasser Arafat nor the dictators he counts as his allies. But bringing liberty's blessings to Arab peoples will do much more to improve their lives than will their jihad against Israel.

Unfortunately, when it comes to advocating freedom and opportunity in the Arab world, our values know few champions. In the monarchies and dictatorships of the Middle East, cynicism is the essence of statecraft. Americans find ourselves handicapped in our Middle East diplomacy by a native regard for moral clarity.

It is our fidelity to the values Arab leaders reject that makes it unmistakably clear to Americans who destroyed the peace process begun in Oslo. The authors of that disaster were the Palestinians themselves -- and the Arab leaders who encouraged or accepted Yasser Arafat's rejection of the sweeping settlement offered by former Prime Minister Barak at Camp David, and provided rhetorical and material support for the ensuing intifada waged by suicide bombers.

I don't think our cultural differences with Arab states are so vast that a common recognition of what constitutes real peace and a just settlement is unattainable. I think Arab leaders know exactly what it will take to achieve real peace between Palestinians and Israelis, and that what they currently offer serves only to perpetuate the conflict.

Telethons and poems glorifying suicide bombers are not steps toward peace. Cash payments to the families of suicide bombers are not steps toward peace. Communiques glorifying the murder of innocents are not steps toward peace. All of this is evil, pure and simple.

It is not peace, but fear of each other that motivates Arab dictators, and fear of their own populations, whose resentments toward Israel and America have been inflamed for generations to distract them from grievances against their own rulers for the economic and political inequities they are expected to endure permanently.

It is the unenlightened rule of Arab dictators, not the plight of the Palestinians, that condemns the Arab world to the civilizational crisis in which it finds itself. Which Middle Eastern nation grants its Arab citizens the most political freedom? Israel. Which countries' leaders have the blood of innocents on their hands but hear nothing about it from the Arab League? Iraq, Syria, and Sudan, for starters. Which country has the most egregious record of occupying another today? Syria, in Lebanon. In which countries do Palestinian refugees suffer without rights and the most basic freedoms? Other than Israel, only Jordan has treated these people with any dignity. Which nation in the region has matched its payments to the families of Palestinian murderers with money for health care, education, and other development in the territories? Not one.

How Arab leaders can abide their own hypocrisy is one question. Why they expect us to do so is a better one.

Arab leaders recoil in mock indignation from any suggestion that they have a responsibility to discourage Palestinian treachery. Instead, they demand that the United States pressure the Government of Israel into forsaking its obligation to defend its citizens from terrorism that Arab governments celebrate and support.

I'm also distressed that some of our European allies are dismissing Israel's legitimate security concerns. In some quarters, Jews are once again threatened with attacks on their institutions. We are witnessing once again the torching of European synagogues. All world leaders must condemn, in the strongest terms, such despicable behavior.

Israel has proved its willingness to risk its strategic interests by returning territories captured in war, and living cheek by jowl with a Palestinian state in exchange for peace and acceptance of Israel's right to exist by its Arab neighbors. Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian Authority he claims to lead insist on a settlement that would threaten the eventual extinction of a Jewish state in the Middle East, and accept and support murder as a means to achieve it. Official sponsorship of Palestinian terror is a self-induced mockery of the Palestinian leadership's moral authority, and that of its Nobel Peace Prize-winning chairman.

The Oslo peace process was premised on the notion that Israelis and Palestinians could live together. I believe it is now time to explore ways in which they can live apart. It is time to consider alternatives such as that proposed by former Prime Minister Barak -- to erect a security barrier between the Israelis and the Palestinians. This is not to accept the hopelessness of a political solution, but to embrace the hope that Israel's people can live in safety until a Palestinian leadership truly committed to peace emerges from the chaos and despair inflicted on Palestinians for generations by leaders who lack the courage and compassion and wisdom to make a better life for their people.

Friends, I make no claim to wisdom on how to resolve the crisis in the Middle East. Like you, I look for guidance in the values we share with the only democracy in the region. I know this: no American leader should be expected to sell a false peace to our ally, consider Israel's right to self-defense less legitimate than ours, or insist that Israel negotiate a political settlement while terrorism remains the Palestinians' preferred bargaining tool.

The moral clarity you bring to American understanding of Israel's plight is the most effective antidote to the cynicism and hostility that parade as Arab diplomacy in the Middle East today. We will defeat terrorism against America, and we will stand with Israel as she fights the same enemy.

One of the great privileges of my life was the friendship that I developed with the late Senator Henry Scoop Jackson. I got to know Scoop when I was the Navy liaison to the Senate in the late 70's. Scoop was and remains the model of what an American statesman should be.

In 1979, I traveled to Israel with Scoop, where I knew he was considered a hero. I had no idea how great a hero he was until we landed in Tel Aviv. When we arrived, we were transferred to a bus big enough to accommodate our large delegation, as well as the U.S. Ambassador in Israel and several of his staff. About a hundred yards outside the airport, the bus was surrounded by a crowd of seven or eight hundred Israelis screaming for Jackson, waving signs that read "God Bless you, Scoop," "Senator Jackson, thank you," and dozens of other tributes. For a patriot like Scoop, their affection for him was nothing less than affection for America.

Scoop understood a deep truth. The bond between America and Israel is not just a strategic one, though that is important. Today, in the war against terror, we have no stronger ally than Israel. The more profound tie between our two countries, however, is a moral one. We are two democracies whose alliance is forged in our common values. To be proudly pro-American and pro-Israeli is not to hold conflicting loyalties. As Scoop understood, it is about defending the principles that both countries hold dear.

And I stand before you today, proudly pro-American and pro-Israel. Thank you.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/us_ints/mc-aipac.html

5th February 2008 10:19 AM
Fiji Joe John McCain's zionism runs so deep that he can guarantee you more wars...a political Namath...only drunker

5th February 2008 10:20 AM
steel driving hammer

5th February 2008 10:32 AM
Joey
quote:

Fiji Joe wrote:
John McCain's zionism runs so deep that he can guarantee you more wars...a political Namath...only drunker

The Republican Party is nearly History .
5th February 2008 10:33 AM
Fiji Joe It's real simple folks...never vote for a man who would fake illness rather than skinning up in a pick up game of basketball...see John McCain...there are candidates who will take off their shirt and still be effective in the low block

5th February 2008 10:34 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

John McCain's zionism wil be the nail in the coffin...
5th February 2008 10:37 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes it is Joeseph, and I went down w/ the ship.

So............................

lol
5th February 2008 10:39 AM
gimmekeef McCains zionism...Mitts cult...Obamas mirage of change...Hillarys power quest....Geez we're fucked again...and they call this Super Tuesday?
5th February 2008 10:43 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
McCains zionism...Mitts cult...Obamas mirage of change...Hillarys power quest....Geez we're fucked again...and they call this Super Tuesday?

Look here...you can't compare any of that other stuff with McCain's zionism...Ultimate ueber conservatives will tell you just how dangerous zionism is...and you don't even have to ask them...they'll just start foaming at the mouth about it...like I'm doing now...I love America...therefore I have this great disdain for zionists...why don't you?
5th February 2008 10:47 AM
Joey " who will take off their shirt and still be effective in the low block "

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK !!!! }

5th February 2008 11:07 AM
CrissCrossMind The only way for John to win ... is to run against a rookie that can not get elected dog catcher south of St. Louis ... the media has a hard-on for Hillary right now ... and gives Obama a complete pass ... but the right wing is licking their chops ... CCM
5th February 2008 11:08 AM
Fiji Joe They say Obama is another John F. Kennedy..even the Kennedys say he's another John F. Kennedy...John F. Kennedy brought America to the brink of extinction during the Cuban missile crisis...he hung thousands of Cubans out to dry allowing the establishment of a communist dictatorship on our border...he authorized CIA operation in Iraq that armed the Baathist party and led to the murder of thousands and the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein...he raised our involvment in Vietnam to a point of no return...all in just over 2 years in office...Such things happen when inexperienced leaders get elected on a platform of hope and change...bad men across the globe feel obligated to test them...and typically, they react poorly...yeah...we need another JFK

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
5th February 2008 11:10 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
CrissCrossMind wrote:
The only way for John to win ... is to run against a rookie that can not get elected dog catcher south of St. Louis ... the media has a hard-on for Hillary right now ... and gives Obama a complete pass ... but the right wing is licking their chops ... CCM

It has come to that...McCain is the only republican that can beat either democrat...and that's because the democrats see McCain as one of them...only much older
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)