ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Beacon Theater, NYC - 1st November 2006
© Ώ?... Thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary Leads Part II .... ( Stones Content -- Massive ) .... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
6th February 2008 11:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
A good friend of mine was killed when a teenager, an illegal alien, was racing on the highway and ran him off the road...he was decapitated from what I hear...closed casket so I can't verify that fact...All I could think about at the funeral was not that the kid was here illegally...but that the kid had the gall to be racing with other illegal aliens on a major interstate...absolutely ignoring his illegal status and obviously not caring of the consequences of being caught here illegally...about a year later, hundreds of thousands of illegals gathered in the streets of America demanding rights they were neither entitled nor had they earned...that made me kinda angry...in light of my friends death

Same thing goes for the director of my favorite Christmas movie, A Christmas Story. He was killed by a drunk driving illegal alien.
6th February 2008 11:26 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dan wrote:

I see about as many Mexican flags as American flags around here (in Southern California).

Vicente Fox referred to it as the re-conquista and he vocally encouraged illegal immigration into America...at the same time Mexico itself had some of the most stringent measure to prevent illegal immigration on the planet...multitudes of people inside your borders that identify primarily with another nationality is not a big deal...it's been the ruin of many great civilizations, but it's not a big deal...overblown
6th February 2008 11:29 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dan wrote:

Same thing goes for the director of my favorite Christmas movie, A Christmas Story. He was killed by a drunk driving illegal alien.

That is a great movie...them sum bitches can't hold their liquor for shit

6th February 2008 11:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Vicente Fox referred to it as the re-conquista and he vocally encouraged illegal immigration into America...at the same time Mexico itself had some of the most stringent measure to prevent illegal immigration on the planet...multitudes of people inside your borders that identify primarily with another nationality is not a big deal...it's been the ruin of many great civilizations, but it's not a big deal...overblown

While this is certainly true it does not explain the Mexican government's attitude.

It's one thing to be proud of your ethnic heritage, I'm a member of an Irish cultural club myself, but the whole "re-conquista" plan is a blatant attempt to change the whole dynamics of US sovereignty with regards to the US southern border.

Blurring the lines of a nation's sovereinty legally is one thing, but what's worse, is that this attempt is blatantly illegal and forceful. It is also wrapped in the strawman argument that should you not agree with it then it's you who are the one with the problem. You are labled a racist xenophobe. It's a great way to kill debate, but it hardly solves the very real and legitimate problem of illegal immigration.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
6th February 2008 11:50 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Blurring the lines of a nation's sovereinty legally is one thing, but what's worse, is that this attempt is blatantly illegal and forceful. It is also wrapped in the strawman argument that should you not agree with it then it's you who are the one with the problem. You are labled a racist xenophobe. It's a great way to kill debate, but it hardly solves the very real and legitimate problem of illegal immigration.

Riffy

Kill-zones and workfare would solve the illegal immigration problem in a month...and save tens of thousands of lives over the next 20 years
7th February 2008 12:39 AM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I see about as many Mexican flags as American flags around here (in Southern California).

All we got up here is rainbow flags and hammer and sickle flags.
7th February 2008 12:43 AM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

All we got up here is rainbow flags and hammer and sickle flags.

And Che Guevara tee-shirts! Don't forget the Che shirts!

Riffy
7th February 2008 12:57 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

It's a great way to kill debate, but it hardly solves the very real and legitimate problem of illegal immigration.

Riffy

Shit, I can solve the illegal immigration problem in a day. Fine all businesses $100,000 per undocumented worker on their staff. Construction worker, crop picker, nanny. . . don't matter. . .fuck you . . . pay up for the violation. If their jobs dry up, their reason to cross the border dries up. Problem solved! If anyone in the government WANTED to solve the problem, this solution would do it. Nobody wants to solve the problem 'cause it cuts into profits (and campaign contributions.) If you leave the system as is you can keep bringing it up as a wedge issue to fire up your base during election cycles.
7th February 2008 01:09 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

...multitudes of people inside your borders that identify primarily with another nationality is not a big deal...it's been the ruin of many great civilizations, but it's not a big deal...overblown

Hey, speaking of the hypothetical downfall of our great civilization, it could get a lot worse. Like if a dozen or so of the multitudes got into high levels of the executive branch and started advising a gullible and none too smart president in ways solely beneficial to the foreign country of their allegiance. That would completely fucking suck - wasted resources, blown opportunities, lost lives. I'm glad that could never actually happen in America. If it did, we'd all know about it and put a stop to it, right?
7th February 2008 01:56 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

And Che Guevara tee-shirts! Don't forget the Che shirts!

Riffy

That shit is out... don't you have hipsters in jersey, worst sense of fashion since the LA glam look of the 80's...
7th February 2008 06:25 AM
open-g Any supporters for him?

7th February 2008 09:43 AM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Shit, I can solve the illegal immigration problem in a day. Fine all businesses $100,000 per undocumented worker on their staff. Construction worker, crop picker, nanny. . . don't matter. . .fuck you . . . pay up for the violation. If their jobs dry up, their reason to cross the border dries up. Problem solved! If anyone in the government WANTED to solve the problem, this solution would do it. Nobody wants to solve the problem 'cause it cuts into profits (and campaign contributions.) If you leave the system as is you can keep bringing it up as a wedge issue to fire up your base during election cycles.

That's why W likes illegal immigration; it drives down the wage base & increases productivity. Has illegal immigration decreased in the past year? It sounds like ICE is arresting more illegals & conducting some raids.
7th February 2008 10:36 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Hey, speaking of the hypothetical downfall of our great civilization, it could get a lot worse. Like if a dozen or so of the multitudes got into high levels of the executive branch and started advising a gullible and none too smart president in ways solely beneficial to the foreign country of their allegiance. That would completely fucking suck - wasted resources, blown opportunities, lost lives. I'm glad that could never actually happen in America. If it did, we'd all know about it and put a stop to it, right?

Oh...THEM multitides...America Erwache!...I'm down with that...you know my background...I was born to be down with that...which beats the hell out of being born to be down on it...I posted a laundry list of "multitudes" in training that had already latched on to the republican nominee for president...You see that list of "multitudes" I posted?...That was a whole mess of "multitudes"...On the drive home I said to myself, more than once, "Fuck!...I can't believe all the "multitudes" that cat has around him...That cat...well...I'm not sure if he's my kinda cat"

But to answer your question, we do know about those "multitudes"...Those "multitudes" have been around as long as I've been alive...and anyone who bothers enough to look for the "multitudes" would see them...brazen as they have become, they don't hide anymore...but put a stop to it?...and what?...be branded a "multitudaphobe"?...or a "multitudite"?...Most people don't like being called names

How many "multitudes" can you count in this list?:

Foreign policy, national security

• Henry Kissinger - Former U.S. secretary of State.
• William Kristol - Editor of the Weekly Standard, a Washington-based political magazine.

• Robert Kagan - A senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and a columnist on world affairs.

• Randy Scheunemann - Consultant who was defense and foreign-policy coordinator to McCain's 2000 presidential campaign. Like Kagan and Kristol, he also is listed as a director of the Project for the New American Century, a non-profit conservative organization whose self-stated goal is to promote American global leadership.

• Gary Schmitt - Senior fellow at the conservative Project for the New American Century. He is an author and served under President Reagan as executive director of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.

• Stephen Biegun - Ford Motor Co. vice president and former national security adviser to Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn. He also served as executive secretary of the National Security Council at the White House from 2001 to 2003.

• Brent Scowcroft - National security advisor under President George H.W. Bush and fellow board member with McCain on the International Republican Institute, a democracy building organization that McCain chairs.

• Colin Powell - Former secretary of State and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

• Niall Ferguson - A professor of history at Harvard and prolific author.

• Barry McCaffrey - Retired Army general and former White House drug czar under President Bill Clinton.

• Robert Zoellick - Former Deputy Secretary of State and former U.S. trade representative.

• Richard Armitage - Former deputy secretary of State..

• Eliot Cohen - Conservative professor of military affairs at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University.

• Robert Kimmitt - Deputy secretary of the Department of the Treasury; former ambassador to Germany.

• Andrew Krepinevich - Retired Army officer who is now executive director at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments that focuses on defense spending and planning.

• Ralph Peters - Retired Army office and author.

• Charles Larson - A retired Navy admiral, who twice served as superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy. He ran unsuccessfully as a Democratic candidate for lieutenant government of Maryland in 2002 and now serves on the board of directors of the Northrop Grumman Corp., a defense company.

• Bernard Aronson - Former assistant secretary of State for inter-American affairs.

• Lorne Craner - President of the International Republican Institute. He served as assistant secretary for democracy, human rights, and labor under Secretary of State Colin Powell.

[Edited to add list of multitudes]
[Edited by Schindler]
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
7th February 2008 11:30 AM
Fiji Joe The new Jesus?...Superstition?...Faith?...Lay your gifts at his feet

And Obama Wept
February 07, 2008 9:43 AM

Inspiration is nice. But some folks seem to be getting out of hand.

It's as if Tom Daschle descended from on high saying, "Be not afraid; for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people: for there is born to you this day in the city of Chicago a Savior, who is Barack the Democrat."

Obama supporter Kathleen Geier writes that she's "getting increasingly weirded out by some of Obama's supporters. On listservs I'm on, some people who should know better – hard-bitten, not-so-young cynics, even – are gushing about Barack…

Describing various encounters with Obama supporters, she writes, "Excuse me, but this sounds more like a cult than a political campaign. The language used here is the language of evangelical Christianity – the Obama volunteers speak of 'coming to Obama' in the same way born-again Christians talk about 'coming to Jesus.'...So I say, we should all get a grip, stop all this unseemly mooning over Barack, see him and the political landscape he is a part of in a cooler, clearer, and more realistic light, and get to work."

Joe Klein, writing at Time, notes "something just a wee bit creepy about the mass messianism" he sees in Obama's Super Tuesday speech.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for," Obama said. "This time can be different because this campaign for the presidency of the United States of America is different. It's different not because of me. It's different because of you."

Says Klein: "That is not just maddeningly vague but also disingenuous: the campaign is entirely about Obama and his ability to inspire. Rather than focusing on any specific issue or cause — other than an amorphous desire for change — the message is becoming dangerously self-referential. The Obama campaign all too often is about how wonderful the Obama campaign is. “

The always interesting James Wolcott writes that "(p)erhaps it's my atheism at work but I found myself increasingly wary of and resistant to the salvational fervor of the Obama campaign, the idealistic zeal divorced from any particular policy or cause and chariot-driven by pure euphoria. I can picture President Hillary in the White House dealing with a recalcitrant Republican faction; I can't picture President Obama in the same role because his summons to history and call to hope seems to transcend legislative maneuvers and horse-trading; his charisma is on a more ethereal plane, and I don't look to politics for transcendence and self-certification."

Then there's MSNBC's Chris Matthews who tells Felix Gillette in the New York Observer, “I’ve been following politics since I was about 5. I’ve never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. [Obama] comes along, and he seems to have the answers. This is the New Testament."

And behold, Obama met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

The Holy Season of Lent is upon us. Can Obama worshippers try to give up their Helter-Skelter cult-ish qualities for a few weeks?

At least until Easter, or the Pennsylvania primary, whichever comes first...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/and-obama-wept.html

7th February 2008 12:31 PM
LadyJane I guess he feared sirmoonie!!!

According to my cnn breaking news emails, Romney is out of the race for POTUS

LJ.
7th February 2008 12:38 PM
The Pretentious Poet So the Ol' Mormon has called it a day.
Oh well, I guess - we all knew he was ghey.
Huckabee's next. Wonder when it'll be.
Might be soon too - cause he wants the VP.
7th February 2008 12:47 PM
Dan
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:
So the Ol' Mormon has called it a day.

7th February 2008 12:48 PM
Dan
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:
So the Ol' Mormon has called it a day.

Possibly though this might also be a dress rehearsal for 2012. The way the Republican party operates, he will be a top tier contender in future contests even if he doesn't get in this time.
7th February 2008 01:30 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I guess he feared sirmoonie!!!

According to my cnn breaking news emails, Romney is out of the race for POTUS

LJ.

And so it ends for the Bush Geeks, with a whimper. No highlight film other than the Pet Goat footage, no parade other than "Mission Accomplished", and nothing left in the coffers that isn't being exported out the door.

We gave you people a chance, dammit! We gave you a chance when we actually needed your help, and you gave us George Walker Bush III. We gave you another flippin' chance, you went out and dredged up some three-faced, motormouthed, moon zork Nephi from the Planet Kolob. How the fuck you people thought that would fly, we have no idea.

Sorry boys, but its over. No more. Our experiment with conservative posse comitatus is hereby suspended indefinitely. We have to unravel this fucking mess now, we don't need you, and would prefer you just went back to your cubicle with the AM radio where we found you. Don't show up at the Convention, you are no longer welcome. Door, hit, ass, way out, etcetera, etcetera.

Bye. Bye, bye. What? Can't hear you.....what?......legacy?.....yeah, sure.....okay, bye.....yup, bye bye now.....bye......
7th February 2008 01:48 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Si, senor sirmoonista. Que pasa, mi amigo???
7th February 2008 01:53 PM
The Pretentious Poet
quote:
We gave you people a chance, dammit! We gave you a chance when we actually needed your help, and you gave us George Walker Bush III. We gave you another flippin' chance, you went out and dredged up some three-faced, motormouthed, moon zork Nephi from the Planet Kolob. How the fuck you people thought that would fly, we have no idea.

Sorry boys, but its over. No more. Our experiment with conservative posse comitatus is hereby suspended indefinitely. We have to unravel this fucking mess now, we don't need you, and would prefer you just went back to your cubicle with the AM radio where we found you. Don't show up at the Convention, you are no longer welcome. Door, hit, ass, way out, etcetera, etcetera.

You nailed it moonboy - with your Latiny mongo.
RIP BushGeeks. Now please pass the bong-o.
7th February 2008 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Bye. Bye, bye. What? Can't hear you.....what?......legacy?.....yeah, sure.....okay, bye.....yup, bye bye now.....bye......

Man Moonie , you said it !!!!

If the Democrats can not take back the White House now we had better go into another line of work .

7th February 2008 02:34 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

Man Moonie , you said it !!!!

If the Democrats can not take back the White House now we had better go into another line of work .

Best McCain yet, Joey-kins!
7th February 2008 02:38 PM
Joey " Best McCain yet, Joey-kins! "

7th February 2008 02:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Start looking, J-fish.

That Obama thing, for god's sakes. Did Alan Funt put you guys up to this?
7th February 2008 03:03 PM
steel driving hammer Will Keith endorse Obama?

lol
7th February 2008 03:15 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Will Keith endorse Obama?

lol

by endorse or buy coke?
7th February 2008 03:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

That Obama thing, for god's sakes. Did Alan Funt put you guys up to this?

lmao!!!

Post of the Month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
7th February 2008 04:07 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The new Jesus?...Superstition?...Faith?...Lay your gifts at his feet

And Obama Wept
February 07, 2008 9:43 AM

Inspiration is nice. But some folks seem to be getting out of hand.

It's as if Tom Daschle descended from on high saying, "Be not afraid; for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people: for there is born to you this day in the city of Chicago a Savior, who is Barack the Democrat."

Obama supporter Kathleen Geier writes that she's "getting increasingly weirded out by some of Obama's supporters. On listservs I'm on, some people who should know better – hard-bitten, not-so-young cynics, even – are gushing about Barack…

Describing various encounters with Obama supporters, she writes, "Excuse me, but this sounds more like a cult than a political campaign. The language used here is the language of evangelical Christianity – the Obama volunteers speak of 'coming to Obama' in the same way born-again Christians talk about 'coming to Jesus.'...So I say, we should all get a grip, stop all this unseemly mooning over Barack, see him and the political landscape he is a part of in a cooler, clearer, and more realistic light, and get to work."

Joe Klein, writing at Time, notes "something just a wee bit creepy about the mass messianism" he sees in Obama's Super Tuesday speech.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for," Obama said. "This time can be different because this campaign for the presidency of the United States of America is different. It's different not because of me. It's different because of you."

Says Klein: "That is not just maddeningly vague but also disingenuous: the campaign is entirely about Obama and his ability to inspire. Rather than focusing on any specific issue or cause — other than an amorphous desire for change — the message is becoming dangerously self-referential. The Obama campaign all too often is about how wonderful the Obama campaign is. “

The always interesting James Wolcott writes that "(p)erhaps it's my atheism at work but I found myself increasingly wary of and resistant to the salvational fervor of the Obama campaign, the idealistic zeal divorced from any particular policy or cause and chariot-driven by pure euphoria. I can picture President Hillary in the White House dealing with a recalcitrant Republican faction; I can't picture President Obama in the same role because his summons to history and call to hope seems to transcend legislative maneuvers and horse-trading; his charisma is on a more ethereal plane, and I don't look to politics for transcendence and self-certification."

Then there's MSNBC's Chris Matthews who tells Felix Gillette in the New York Observer, “I’ve been following politics since I was about 5. I’ve never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. [Obama] comes along, and he seems to have the answers. This is the New Testament."

And behold, Obama met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

The Holy Season of Lent is upon us. Can Obama worshippers try to give up their Helter-Skelter cult-ish qualities for a few weeks?

At least until Easter, or the Pennsylvania primary, whichever comes first...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/and-obama-wept.html

7th February 2008 04:07 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

by endorse or buy coke?

OH MY GOD !!!!!! : FIRE !!!!!

J'Kins ! ™
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)