ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Cleveland Browns Appreciation Thread pt 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th November 2007 02:42 PM
robpop Tonight the real Browns throwbacks, yellow helmets. Next week the scab Browns.

Winslow's car
5th November 2007 03:23 PM
WinslowStud From SI's Peter King:

And I quote:

"• What has gotten into Derek Anderson? Confidence, a fearlessness about throwing the deep ball and three excellent downfield targets -- wideouts Braylon Edwards and Joe Jurevicius and tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. Cleveland, 5-3, is a lost tiebreaker out of the second AFC wild-card berth with eight manageable weeks left (their final six games are against teams .500 or less as of this morning).

Down by 16 to Seattle early, Anderson led a comeback that had Cleveland win in overtime 33-30 throwing for a career-high 364 yards. He's on pace to throw for 4,216 yards. Pretty interesting for a guy who was Charlie Frye's backup all summer and for the first game.

Winslow was heroic, catching 11 balls for 125 yards, and Jamal Lewis, the man Baltimore thought was finished, rushed for four touchdowns. Cleveland will be in the pennant race to the end."

did you catch that last part? once more for good measure:

"Winslow was heroic, catching 11 balls for 125 yards. Cleveland will be in the pennant race to the end."

5th November 2007 03:45 PM
gimmekeef I already said Helen had a great game...Nice reverse call by the booth on that first down by Hasselback in dying moments.Saved your ass....But I do think your Browns are exciting and will be tough to beat...Just wish the year wasnt already over with Pats so much better.Just makes the AFC north winner a poor consolation prize..One and done in playoffs
5th November 2007 05:10 PM
Highwire Rob 17:00 HRS Looking out my window at work -- It's pouring down rain here just north of Pittsburgh in New Kensington.

NOT A FIT NIGHT OUT FOR MAN NOR BEAST!

But the Steelers will prevail! (over the real Browns)

WE CANNOT FAIL THE 75TH SEASON GALA EVENT! (am I allowed to use the word "Gala" in football talk?)

See it all here: http://www.steelers.com/75years/

The Steeler Greats of old have convened in Pittsburgh like a Jedi Council! (hence, the weather... it's a sign!) THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS TEAM!
5th November 2007 05:12 PM
Some Guy trust, there will be a smackdown of monumental proportions.
5th November 2007 05:14 PM
robpop He is right about the storm.
5th November 2007 05:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:
He is right about monumental proportions.

5th November 2007 05:38 PM
robpop Van Halen arena blimp monumental proportions.
5th November 2007 05:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:
Van Halen arena blimp monumental proportions.

niz-izzlism.
5th November 2007 10:29 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
trust, there will be a smackdown of monumental proportions.

You called it buddy. I still had visions of Ben getting his head planted into the sod. Complete ass kickings of yesteryear gone with Joey Porter. That first half performance was a perfect warm up for all the greats at halftime. James Harrison thinking he is like Dobre Shunka and shit.
5th November 2007 10:46 PM
WinslowStud new steeler uniforms:

"yellow is the color of camel piss, ronnie"

"look at me! when i turn around, you can read the words 'play hard!' emblazoned on my buttocks!"

5th November 2007 11:35 PM
pdog Steelrs and Pats in the playoffs, should be fun!
5th November 2007 11:37 PM
Highwire Rob Winslow meets James Harrison on the field.

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
6th November 2007 09:43 AM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:

You called it buddy. I still had visions of Ben getting his head planted into the sod. Complete ass kickings of yesteryear gone with Joey Porter. That first half performance was a perfect warm up for all the greats at halftime. James Harrison thinking he is like Dobre Shunka and shit.

that was a big call, tater.
6th November 2007 10:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

What I take from the game is (1) that the team can get fired up to incredible levels when emotions run high (but how many All Time Steeler Nights are we going to have?), and (2) the defense is the best in the league. I also take that the O-line and run game have problems, despite FWP. Last night was a blowout, the real Cleveland Browns were humiliated (as Mel Blount said "that is pathetic"), but there were flashes of the team that lost to the weak-muffy Denver Broncos in there - not many, but enough to where the Steelers are still in doubt.

But all the pre- and half-time and in-game stuff was awesome - that game was fun to watch - practically had the HOF running around Heinz field - its was truly Nation Time!
6th November 2007 10:58 AM
gimmekeef Nice game and they played with intensity.Took what was there..but missin 2 corners and short field due to turnovers made it much easier.Heres my extremely subjective top 5 rankings out of 100 at this point.These were done with the new Johnny Walker Black calculator late last night:

Pats 97
Colts 93
Cowboys 86
Packers 84
Steelers 83
6th November 2007 12:30 PM
gimmekeef This day in history:

November 6, 1995: Art Modell, owner of the NFL's Cleveland Browns, announces plans to move the team to Baltimore. Cleveland is left without an NFL franchise until 1999 when the Browns are re-born as an expansion team.

6th November 2007 02:11 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

What I take from the game is (1) that the team can get fired up to incredible levels when emotions run high (but how many All Time Steeler Nights are we going to have?), and (2) the defense is the best in the league. I also take that the O-line and run game have problems, despite FWP. Last night was a blowout, the real Cleveland Browns were humiliated (as Mel Blount said "that is pathetic"), but there were flashes of the team that lost to the weak-muffy Denver Broncos in there - not many, but enough to where the Steelers are still in doubt.

But all the pre- and half-time and in-game stuff was awesome - that game was fun to watch - practically had the HOF running around Heinz field - its was truly Nation Time!

Moonie, you took the words out of my mouth. There were some flashes of that team from a few weeks ago. But, the positive far out weighs the negative. This is the booster shot that Ben needed. If the running game fails to get going like it did last night, Ben proved he could do it with his arm. Also this is the same defense that gave Ben so much trouble last year. Five TD passes, only 16 passes thrown. He passes like a skilled surgeon while on the move. Also a touch of class by shutting it down in the second half (HA!). Could have scored over 50, but then again this game was over at 14-0. They could have played until Friday night and the Ravens would not have scored two touchdowns.

Half-time brought back the memories didn't it. Local radio had the cermonies. I'm sure local tv will have more. It was amazing to see how the old greats had so much fun with the new team.

Ben is fine and will not miss next weeks game. Tomlin had an interesting press conference today. I had it on at work.

6th November 2007 02:14 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

that was a big call, tater.

Larger than life. Enormous. Legend-like. One for the ages. Hall of Fame. Towering above the rim. Max Starks at tight end-like.
[Edited by robpop]
6th November 2007 04:24 PM
robpop
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:

"look at me! when i turn around, you can read the words 'play hard!' emblazoned on my buttocks!"

6th November 2007 04:43 PM
Some Guy I do not particularly care for the Steelers throwback uniforms.
6th November 2007 05:01 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I do not particularly care for the Steelers throwback uniforms.

Think the tailor got wrong instructions...The order said "throwaway" jerseys....
6th November 2007 05:03 PM
Some Guy Steelers vs Browns this weekend- I predict Cleveland totes an ass whoopin.
6th November 2007 05:28 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Steelers vs Browns this weekend- I predict Cleveland totes an ass whoopin.

Going big again? Did you hear Tony Kornheiser's Falcon's-Steelers analogy?
6th November 2007 05:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:
Tony Kornheiser's Falcon's-Steelers analogy?

that guy is a douchebag.
6th November 2007 05:39 PM
robpop Throwbacks are officially thrownaway. They will be worn no more.
6th November 2007 08:10 PM
robpop Bring back the bicentennial jersey. Now that's a throwback with class.
6th November 2007 10:20 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
17:00 HRS Looking out my window at work -- It's pouring down rain here just north of Pittsburgh in New Kensington.

NOT A FIT NIGHT OUT FOR MAN NOR BEAST!

But the Steelers will prevail! (over the real Browns)

WE CANNOT FAIL THE 75TH SEASON GALA EVENT! (am I allowed to use the word "Gala" in football talk?)

See it all here: http://www.steelers.com/75years/

The Steeler Greats of old have convened in Pittsburgh like a Jedi Council! (hence, the weather... it's a sign!) THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS TEAM!

HW Rob Did you watch the "Gala" on FSN Pitt tonight? I thought it would be boring. The first 35 minutes with the introductions were great. The rest was so-so. Steve Sabol did a great job as host. The highlight of the last part is when Steve Sabol mentioned Ray Matthews and Fran Rogel. I have always lived in the same town that Ray Matthews came from and met him wit Fran Rogel a few years ago (even though they are both before my time). I sat there and drank beer with these two just listening to their stories. It was truly one of the greatest times I had ever had. I ran into Ray Matthews at his bar just outside of the Grove City Outlets a few years ago while I was dating this chick in Mercer {best piece of...nevermind different story). Had our hometown jscket own, which he saw, drank for free all night.

Anyway, if you did not see it watch it. I gotta get a copy. I'll even send a copy to Moonie, he will love it.
[Edited by robpop]
7th November 2007 11:40 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
robpop wrote:

... I have always lived in the same town that Ray Matthews came from and met him wit Fran Rogel a few years ago (even though they are both before my time). I sat there and drank beer with these two just listening to their stories. It was truly one of the greatest times I had ever had. I ran into Ray Matthews at his bar just outside of the Grove City Outlets a few years ago...

robpop, I did not catch the Gala event on TV but no doubt I'll be seeing a recording of it soon--definitely a keepsake for any Steelers fan memorabilia shelf. What a hell of a story to have met and drank beers w/ Matthews and Rogel!

My parents' good friend is a minister who years ago performed the wedding of one of Jack Lambert's children. I have not yet met Mr. Lambert but the reverend we know is still his friend. At the time of the wedding I believe Lambert was--and maybe still is--a Park Ranger in the Erie, PA area (or somewhere up in the wilds north of Pittsburgh).

Anyway, I guess Jack used to take some flack from his buddies for retiring from the Steel Curtain to become a "Bunny Cop." I do not think I'd ever call Jack Lambert a bunny cop to his face!

Are yinz all ready for next Sunday's rivalry game?

7th November 2007 12:58 PM
sirmoonie Shula just played the Bonds card on the Pats. Asterixed them right in the testicles.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)