ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Cleveland Browns Appreciation Thread pt 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
4th December 2007 11:57 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

My guinea has the Pats at -14.5 but that, of course, is subject to change. I'm putting 300 Scuds on the Steelers, pick up some easy green. In Vegas, they call me Vig-bash.

I advise all ROers to take the Steelers and the points. Any other bet is un-American.

did dudes cheat?
5th December 2007 03:07 PM
WinslowStud
5th December 2007 03:11 PM
Nellcote Latest dispatch from the Pats/Coach B:

Coach Bill Belichick held a conference call with the media today.

“A quick run-down here, we got back late Monday night, so we’re going to kind of change the schedule a little bit this week, and get back to our normal deal tomorrow," Belichick said as the call opened.

"We’re trying to catch up a little bit today. Getting ready for the Steelers, this is a big challenge for us. …We have a lot of things to get ready for, a short week, and we’ll try to utilize our time the best we can to make sure we have all our bases covered by Sunday.”

Belichick was asked about the change in schedule, which is different from how the team handled its previous Monday night road game (Oct. 1 in Cincinnati). Earlier this season, after playing a road Monday night game, the Patriots held their regular Wednesday practice while preparing to face the Browns. There is no practice today.

“That’s just where we are,” Belichick said in regards to this week’s schedule. “We have a lot of things that we’re going to cover and walk through. We’ll be ready to go. We’ll be on the field tomorrow.”

Belichick, who noted on WEEI that the Patriots were a "tired team", was asked if the change in schedule is a result of the players needing a break.

“No,” he replied. “For a Monday night game, it’s a shorter week. We feel like this is a schedule that gives us. … The bigger part of the problem isn’t practice for the players, it’s for the coaches to be ready for the players when they come in here. As I’ve said, Pittsburgh is a hard team to prepare for. What I don’t think you want to do is give your team a game-plan and then as you do more work on the team, find out ‘this isn’t quite what we want here’ and you have to change it. We thought it would be better to take a little time ourselves from a coaching standpoint, a staff standpoint, to make sure that with the extra time we’ve had this morning that we could get things as close to exactly the way we want them, so when we do give them to the players, we don’t have to go back and change them."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/12/bills_take_114.html

One game at a time.....
5th December 2007 04:43 PM
Some Guy Steelers are the great white hope.
5th December 2007 07:36 PM
Nellcote RED MEAT WARNING.....Are all Stillers players so stupid
to give the Pats this type of incentive? They already have shown up Camera-gate, have shown terrific tenacity to win despite the odds. Now, we have a regular Einstein, a fill in safety, throwing red meat to the lions I love this quote, “They’ve got Walker and Moss,” Smith said, referring to Patriots receivers Wes Welker and Randy Moss. “But they’re not like Cincinnati.”

Sunday should be Wicked Pissah for the Patriots, the team America loves to hate....leave your little yellow safety blankets at home, Stillers fans, as The Razor is not Pittsburgh.....

Steelers' Smith guarantees win over Patriots
Pittsburgh stopped New England's record 21-game winning streak in 2004
The Associated Press
updated 6:08 p.m. ET, Wed., Dec. 5, 2007
PITTSBURGH - Defensive back Anthony Smith is so certain the Pittsburgh Steelers will end the New England Patriots’ unbeaten season, he is guaranteeing a win Sunday in Foxborough.

The Patriots (12-0) may have the perfect record, Smith said Wednesday, but it should be New England that is worried about the Steelers (9-3) rather than the other way around.

“People keep asking me if we’re ready for the Patriots,” Smith said. “They should be asking if they’re ready for us.”

Is Smith so confident that he is willing to copy one of former Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter’s familiar motivational ploys by guaranteeing the Steelers will win?

“We’re going to win,” Smith said. “Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we’ve got a good chance to win.”

Despite Smith’s abundant optimism, no other Steelers are designating Sunday as guaranteed win day. Linebacker James Farrior, cautioning that Smith hasn’t been in the NFL long and may not realize what he is saying, doesn’t think the Patriots will pay any attention.

Smith, a third-round pick from Syracuse in 2006, became the starter at free safety only after Ryan Clark needed spleen surgery in late October.

“He better keep his mouth shut,” Farrior said, though he was laughing and wasn’t angry at his teammate. “Oh well, I guess we’ve got to go deal with that.”

Defensive end Brett Keisel doubts Smith’s words will have any impact, even if the Steelers might have been better off not giving an exceptional team like New England any bulletin-board material.

“I think a lot of us in here feel like this is one of those games where we really don’t have that much to lose,” Keisel said. “If we win the game, well, we weren’t supposed to win, and if we lose the game, we were supposed to lose. They’re this big, great team that no one can touch.”

The Steelers stopped the Patriots’ record 21-game winning streak in 2004, but they have dropped five of six to New England since 1997 — with two losses in AFC championship games.

Still, Smith is convinced there are multiple reasons why the Steelers will be the team that makes certain New England doesn’t become the first NFL team to sweep a 16-game schedule.

Pittsburgh’s defense has allowed the fewest points and yards in the NFL and, Smith said, “We don’t expect that to change.”

Also, he said, the Steelers are more physical than any team New England has faced and are so balanced offensively, the Patriots can’t stop both Willie Parker’s running and Ben Roethlisberger’s throwing.

If the Patriots thought the Ravens were physical Monday night when New England was forced to stage a desperation rally to win 27-24 in the final minute, Smith said, wait until they meet up with Pittsburgh.

“They say they played their toughest game last week against Baltimore, but I think we play harder than Baltimore,” Smith said. “They’re going to be in for it again this week. They’re going to have a tough week in front of them.”

Smith isn’t worried his words might give the Patriots a motivational kick during a tough week in which the Patriots are playing two physical AFC North teams in a seven-day span. Or that his own teammates will dislike what he is saying.

“They will back me up,” Smith said. “Everyone has the same attitude anyway, so it’s not like it’s a big thing.”

If Smith didn’t give the Patriots enough hey-look-at-this material, here’s this nugget for the Patriots’ receiving corps: Smith said they may have Randy Moss, but Cincinnati — not New England — has the league’s best wide receivers.

“They’ve got Walker and Moss,” Smith said, referring to Patriots receivers Wes Welker and Randy Moss. “But they’re not like Cincinnati.”

The Steelers shut down the Bengals’ passing game during a 24-10 victory Sunday night, limiting star receiver Chad Johnson to six harmless catches. Carson Palmer completed only 38.6 percent of his passes (17-of-44) and was 11-of-37 (29.7 percent) after Cincinnati’s opening drive.

Keisel could only laugh after hearing Smith’s comments, saying, “Maybe I should start (guaranteeing games).”

Will he begin doing that next week, when the Steelers play the Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4)?

“Maybe the week after that,” he said.

[Edited by Nellcote]
5th December 2007 08:18 PM
Some Guy “We’re going to win,” Smith said. “Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us and if monkeys fly out my butt we’ve got a good chance to win.”
6th December 2007 11:11 AM
sirmoonie This is pretty freakin' funny. At least I thought it was.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nfl_meteorologists_warn_steaming
6th December 2007 11:15 AM
Nellcote Damn straight!
This needs to be sent to Prime Time!
6th December 2007 11:17 AM
Some Guy Holiday events typically involve drinks and appetizers before the meal. But, appetizers often don’t make it all the way through the crowd. It’s better to get some food in your stomach prior to the event so your first drink doesn’t go straight to your head.

If you’re feeling ‘warm and fuzzy’ and realize you haven’t eaten in hours, put the drink down, switch to water and find some food.
6th December 2007 11:22 AM
sirmoonie I will reserve comment on the Steelers-Pats game until after it is over, at which time I may become maniacally obnoxious.
6th December 2007 11:30 AM
Nellcote C'mon Moonie, live it up!
Pats are 5-1 against the yellow & black since '97, wtf?
6th December 2007 11:43 AM
Some Guy Some folks view the company party as a way to schmooze the higher-ups or tell them their grand plans to save the company.

While managers do use these events to meet and spend time with employees they don’t regularly come in contact with, they aren’t looking to strategize on work. Keep the talk to lighter subjects. There’s nothing worse than a brown-nosing badger to ruin a manager’s evening.

6th December 2007 12:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
C'mon Moonie, live it up!
Pats are 5-1 against the yellow & black since '97, wtf?

There are two kinds of people living in America, Nellster. Those who are in The Nation, and those who wallow elsewhere. Its as simple as that.
6th December 2007 12:20 PM
Nellcote You are correct about Patriot Nation, Mooninator
6th December 2007 12:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You are correct about Patriot Nation, Mooninator

6th December 2007 12:26 PM
Nellcote Old School Pat Patriot still lives!
6th December 2007 03:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Old School Pat Patriot still lives!

Vegas went from Pats - 14.5 to Pats - 10 based solely on Smith's guarantee.

Ibn haloof!
6th December 2007 03:51 PM
Nellcote Smith better have Mangenious security when he walks into the Razor. He's getting murdered on Bahston sports talk radio...How do the vet players in the Stillers locker room let this oaf talk like this, I'll never know.. he would not be allowed to suit up for the game here.......He should talk to Freddie Mitchell of the Eagles, who blabbed in the same manner prior to Super Bowl '05. Ask him what that got him.
6th December 2007 08:20 PM
Highwire Rob

quote:
If you’re an average person with a fundamental understanding of the laws of physics, you’ll no doubt from time to time leap off the couch when you see the claims of a television commercial and scream “that is utter bollocks!” It seems some people agree with you, at least about Gillette’s US advertising claims about its new M3Power razor. Judge Janet C. Hall of the United States District Court, District of Connecticut, yesterday granted Schick a preliminary injunction against false advertising claims by Gillette for its M3Power razor. Judge Hall determined that Gillette's claim that the M3Power raises hair up and away from the skin is both "unsubstantiated and inaccurate." The court found that that the product demonstrations in Gillette's advertising are "greatly exaggerated" and "literally false."

As a result of this preliminary injunction, Gillette will have to immediately cease making the false claims in television commercials and print advertising and, within 30 days, must change packaging for the product and remove in-store displays that feature the false claims. It is unclear what measures Gillette will have forced upon them in other countries as the specific claims cited by Judge Hall appear to have been made on a global basis.

"The scientific evidence indicates that Gillette's claims for M3Power go well beyond the capabilities of the products," says Joe Lynch, President, Schick-Wilkinson Sword. "We firmly believe that since the day the M3Power was launched a year ago, Gillette has deceived consumers about the performance of this product. We're pleased that the court agreed with us and did not allow this to continue."

http://www.gizmag.com/go/4097/
6th December 2007 08:39 PM
Some Guy NFL network sux
7th December 2007 09:19 AM
gimmekeef All this Smith talk is hilariuos...Who gives a shit about what Bahston talk radio says.Two things are that first the Pats will win and win big.(Polamalu is out)Second Steelers need some leadership to get their road intensity back and the vets since Porter left arent doing that.If Smith can step up and fill that gap great.He likely will end up like burnt toast Sunday though as when the Pats are up by 30 and 44 seconds left in game and have 4th and 2....they'll lob a bomb right over his head to Moss...But Smith can hit a ton so watch him take some shots..and draw flags too
7th December 2007 09:27 AM
Nellcote Red Meat GK, Red Meat to the lions.

"Well done is better than well said"

Tom Brady 12/06/07
7th December 2007 09:35 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Red Meat GK, Red Meat to the lions.

"Well done is better than well said"

Tom Brady 12/06/07

LOL....Yup guess it took a loud mouth rook to get the 12-0 Pats ready to play?....Beware though...you'll win easily but Smith is a head hunter and has a dirty nasty streak...He'll get beat a lot but I'd be worried he tries to take someone out...My prediction is Pats 37-13
7th December 2007 09:56 AM
Some Guy I guarantee a Steelers victory.

maybe not this Sunday.
[Edited by Some Guy]
7th December 2007 11:28 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

...My prediction is Pats 37-13

I'm going to pull your Nation card if you keep this stuff up. I can do that.
7th December 2007 11:33 AM
Nellcote Mercury Morris on Bahston radio this am...
"We never would run up the score on teams. Even when we beat the Pats that year 52-0, we went easy on them"..what a tool he is. They were throwing 30yd passes for td's in the 4th quarter. I swear most of the people who speak from that team need to be cocooned, or at least not allowed to drive, as they cannot recall the size of the shoe they wear...Shula is the king of the fools. I'm looking to arrange a bus load of people to his new Providence eatery to order food & walk out for the idiotic comments he makes...
7th December 2007 12:57 PM
jb
7th December 2007 12:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
...Shula is the king of the fools. I'm looking to arrange a bus load of people to his new Providence eatery to order food & walk out for the idiotic comments he makes...

Shula always was a weinie. A kind of Tom Landry minus the god schtick.
7th December 2007 01:21 PM
Some Guy how ya feelin moonie, ya loose? Gotta roll with the punches Sunday.
7th December 2007 01:22 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm going to pull your Nation card if you keep this stuff up. I can do that.

Nations are overrated...now try messin with my scotch and you'll strike a sore point...Enjoy the game moonie....should be entertaining anyway
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)