ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany - 21st July 2006
© with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Cleveland Browns Appreciation Thread pt 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
10th December 2007 05:24 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

that is a bold statement.

Wait till I get back to Picksburgh, shit is gonna change. The second season is a new season. Ya know, there were a lot of positives I took out of the game yesterday, except for the thumping given to us. Football needs Vick now.
10th December 2007 05:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Sup. I have been on the road for work and I cannot log on to RO from work. I am at my cousin house now in Raleigh NC, just two blocks away from King William Cowher's house. All sites are blocked on my work desk top, but my IT guy is a Stiller yinzer. Stiller sights not blocked. Got on to M and wife today for the first time. Gave my review and backed you up, my yinzer buddy. Check it.

Saw that, man. McMillen's is usually hoping on game day, the Game Day thread has some funny stuff.

McMillen's is where The Nation goes when its Nation Time.
10th December 2007 05:33 PM
Some Guy
10th December 2007 09:55 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Saw that, man. McMillen's is usually hoping on game day, the Game Day thread has some funny stuff.

McMillen's is where The Nation goes when its Nation Time.

I'll be at the capitol in our nation's capital city for the Jax game. I'll log into Mac's for the St. Louis game.

I have been on the road for about three weeks now. I can't wait to get back to my second-rate, pissant, hick town of Picksburgh. I moved to Florida a few years ago and I had to come back home. Its home. I miss the corner hometown bar (yinz know what I am talking about since there are two or three on every corner). Yinz know the ones where you just walk into and the bartender has your drink ready before you even get to your stool. Fuck I miss that. I hate this "trendy, upscale" bullshit strip mall bars. They fucking stare at you when you leave your money on the bar!!!! Moonie, HighwireRob, yinz know what I mean.

As for the loss yesterday, it was not a bad loss (if there is such a thing). We all knew the Pats are the best team in the league, and our coaches could not keep up with Bill Belichick and all the talent that team has. Nellie, Mostie, your team is the class of the league. This game was closer than the score may say though. The double lateral was the turning point of the game and was almost broken up. What if is for losers and we lost yesterday.

I am disappointed on how the Steelers gave up so early. I understand the coaches game plan on trying to go short and control the time, but once you get behind a team like the Pats, you gotta take chances. Big Ben aired it out one time, and hit the "dump truck". The forth down end around and the play before it was horrible. I hope we meet up again. The next time will be a new game. I'm not doing a Tony Smith here, but it will be on. Key injured players will be back.

Let's take care of Jax. Fuck, we don't mind going on the road for playoff games.
10th December 2007 10:02 PM
Nellcote See, 'pop, that's the spirit. I'm not about getting all crazy 'bout these things. By & large, there were no ref scirmishes, it was a fairly clean, competitive game. I just noticed a lack of "it" by the Steelers in the 2nd 1/2. Smith gave us the win. The Pats players were on radio all day today. One after one, all they said was, they needed nothing else but to here that Nammath wanna-be go on about guarantee. Steelers were never going to convert multi times in the red zone yesterday, even though our D is getting old, and the way the 49r's are playing, we'll probably pick a d man high up in the draft as we own theres, there was no way anything was getting thru yesterday. Period, end of story.

It's all about January-February.....

Oh, and Mangenious coming Sunday is a good thing...Y'all got your hands full with Jax....should be a good game
10th December 2007 10:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
See, 'pop, that's the spirit. I'm not about getting all crazy 'bout these things. By & large, there were no ref scirmishes, it was a fairly clean, competitive game. I just noticed a lack of "it" by the Steelers in the 2nd 1/2. Smith gave us the win. The Pats players were on radio all day today. One after one, all they said was, they needed nothing else but to here that Nammath wanna-be go on about guarantee. Steelers were never going to convert multi times in the red zone yesterday, even though our D is getting old, and the way the 49r's are playing, we'll probably pick a d man high up in the draft as we own theres, there was no way anything was getting thru yesterday. Period, end of story.

It's all about January-February.....

Oh, and Mangenious coming Sunday is a good thing...Y'all got your hands full with Jax....should be a good game

Its incredible that Smith was able to do that - I saw the interview, his comments were so qualified and equivocal that its hard to believe it made the ruckus it did. But that's American media, post 2000.

We will see you guys in the AFC game - we have a good chance, our ball control in the first half is how you handle the Pats. Its going to be a game - the Pats can't run - Polamalu sticks Moss a few times, its going. And I am always bearish on my team.
10th December 2007 10:33 PM
robpop You got it right. I've been doing my yinzer thing all year knowing that the Pats were the best team in the league. Feed me more crow!!!

By the way Bill Bel. really did his homework for real. The double lateral was the same play the Steelers ran against the Bungles in the 05 playoffs. Salt in the wound.

A new season starts in a few weeks and the slate will be wiped clean. However, I do not see anybody coming to the northeast and beating them. But that is why the games are played. Any given Sunday (or Saturday).

My other team the Packers are looking good. OK, they ran it up also.
10th December 2007 10:36 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Its incredible that Smith was able to do that - I saw the interview, his comments were so qualified and equivocal that its hard to believe it made the ruckus it did. But that's American media, post 2000.

We will see you guys in the AFC game - we have a good chance, our ball control in the first half is how you handle the Pats. Its going to be a game - the Pats can't run - Polamalu sticks Moss a few times, its going. And I am always bearish on my team.

Moonie, Tomlin/Big Ben have a great future in this league. Good things will happen. We will see a new ring soon.
10th December 2007 10:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
However, I do not see anybody coming to the northeast and beating them. But that is why the games are played. Any given Sunday (or Saturday).

Home field does damn near zip for the Pats. This year it doesn't need to - they are too good for it to matter, but the Steelers and Yinzers have no problem playing in Boston as opposed to anywhere else. I'm telling you - and I have always been scared as hell on my team - we play that first half with some more Willie, some Heath, hit Brady a few times, its a 20-17 game one way or the other. I seldom feel this confident.

And the Jags next week - done deal.
10th December 2007 10:57 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Home field does damn near zip for the Pats. This year it doesn't need to - they are too good for it to matter, but the Steelers and Yinzers have no problem playing in Boston as opposed to anywhere else. I'm telling you - and I have always been scared as hell on my team - we play that first half with some more Willie, some Heath, hit Brady a few times, its a 20-17 game one way or the other. I seldom feel this confident.

And the Jags next week - done deal.

Just checked my blackberry. I may be in the twin cities area next weekend. Tell Winslow. I'll buy as long as it is those cheap American Legion beers he has access to. I'll PM you as soon as I find out if its a done deal.
10th December 2007 11:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Just checked my blackberry. I may be in the twin cities area next weekend. Tell Winslow. I'll buy as long as it is those cheap American Legion beers he has access to. I'll PM you as soon as I find out if its a done deal.

Dude! This is happening. And I know where they keep the alcohol up here.

So Winslow is Starbuck??? HAHA - I'm terrible at figuring that stuff out. That punk. Yeah, we'll beat him up and buy him a beer or two if he can handle it. He listens to the Beatles and watches baseball, just so you know.
10th December 2007 11:20 PM
robpop Check PM Moonie

Wow Winslow is Starbuck. I never picked that up until you mentioned it.
[Edited by robpop]
11th December 2007 12:38 AM
Throwaway How many is 23 months in dog years??
11th December 2007 12:45 AM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
Check PM Moonie

Wow Winslow is Starbuck. I never picked that up until you mentioned it.
[Edited by robpop]

Starbuck is also Soylent Green and John Lennon in a Tribute band!
11th December 2007 12:49 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
How many is 23 months in dog years??

I believe it is 23 X 7 which=161 months. 161 months=15 and a half years. 10 years for good behaviour meaning if you eat your kibble, chew only on your own bone, bury your personal treasure and urinate on the designated prison bushes. I'd like to see Vick get his career started after that sentence.
11th December 2007 12:54 AM
pdog Anyone notice when a successful negro goes down, black folks get behind them, and all supportive. Now I live around and know a few darkies, and if it is an avg. type of homie, busted and convicted and all guilty, they not only shun the fucker, they have no problem telling the baby mommie everyday that the niggah is in jail... I'm not judging, i'm just telling!!!
11th December 2007 12:58 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
How many is 23 months in dog years??

Now THAT is funny.

Good moof.
11th December 2007 01:00 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
pdog wrote:
Anyone notice when a successful negro goes down, black folks get behind them, and all supportive. Now I live around and know a few darkies, and if it is an avg. type of homie, busted and convicted and all guilty, they not only shun the fucker, they have no problem telling the baby mommie everyday that the niggah is in jail... I'm not judging, i'm just telling!!!

By the same token, whenever a white guy from the South became famous and did something racist to get that fame, white people all got behind him. Back in segregation days, southern whites always suspected the worst when it was a black guy in trouble and always suspected there was nothing but innocence on the part of the white guy in trouble, especially if he had roughed up a negro.
(See Medgar Evars, Emmitt Till, etc.) You can tell I'm a history major, can't ya?
11th December 2007 01:03 AM
pdog
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

By the same token, whenever a white guy from the South became famous and did something racist to get that fame, white people all got behind him. Back in segregation days, southern whites always suspected the worst when it was a black guy in trouble and always suspected there was nothing but innocence on the part of the white guy in trouble, especially if he had roughed up a negro.
(See Medgar Evars, Emmitt Till, etc.) You can tell I'm a history major, can't ya?

I see your point, but that white thing doesn't exist too much today. The black thing is def. involves money and prestige. I don't get it, but I'm white. It seems nowadays white people find watching successful whiteys crash and burn a form of entertainment.
11th December 2007 01:08 AM
sirmoonie White people have never been able to accept the fact that Jesus was a black man. A proud black man.

That, by the way is not a judgment call by me. That is a verifiable fact.
11th December 2007 01:40 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
White people have never been able to accept the fact that Jesus was a black man. A proud black man.

That, by the way is not a judgment call by me. That is a verifiable fact.

Best answer so far, because you made me think... That's also a bad thing, but...
11th December 2007 03:57 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
pdog wrote:

I see your point, but that white thing doesn't exist too much today. The black thing is def. involves money and prestige. I don't get it, but I'm white. It seems nowadays white people find watching successful whiteys crash and burn a form of entertainment.

Yeah, it's a bit of a turn the tables feeling. Kinda the same reason they loved OJ. Now, there are people in the black community (Bill Cosby for one) who I respect because they tell it like it is. Too many African-Americans let their celebrity icons get away with horrible shit that would get any white person villified in their circles too. Vick deserves no sympathy from the brothas, but he gets it still. You wouldn't see Martin Luther King Jr. condone gangsta rap and glorification of violence. He might've gotten peeved that guys like OJ and Vick were on trial but when he learned Vick would only get 23 months he'd realize how far the country has come.

Many African-Americans find it justifiable to back their fallen heroes because it's a reflex to all the times they defended a black man under fire when he truly didn't deserve it. Whether he deserved it or not, a punk like Rodney King would've been put away big time if he did that in the 1950s. If it were in parts of the South, he'd get lynched before the police could get their hands on him. If you were black and still thought he was a prick, you'd get pretty damn scared by even him being lynched. Same goes for more recent times when King getting stomped by the cops was seen as a racist mugging and OJ being not guilty was considered a victory for many black people.

In the end, a shit load of unjust oppression and racism against black folks for years has sowed the seeds for the mentality of black people defending convicts like Vick, which is what we see today. I don't like it either, but historically I can see where the paranoia and group cohesiveness comes from. Mind you, black people can be divided on issues and like you said, if Vick was just some jerk from the streets, he'd be forgotten like yesterday's trash. But because he's a premier star in the NFL, he's seen as a model or a false god of some sort. Plus, society is so desensitized to assholes that it almost seems second nature to forgive, which makes it all the more puzzling when a celebrity gets really roasted for minor things (see Dixie Chicks). Different insults taken by different communities result in different reactions I guess.
11th December 2007 01:33 PM
gimmekeef More bad news for Steelers:...Playoffs!!!! (insert Mora voice over)

Steelers lose defensive end Smith for season

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers received more bad news from their loss in New England when they learned they also will lose defensive end Aaron Smith for the season.

Smith has a biceps tear and likely will be lost for the season. Coach Mike Tomlin revealed the injury at his press conference this afternoon.

There was no immediate word on who will replace Smith in the starting lineup, nor who the Steelers might sign to replace him on their roster.

"It will require more than one man," Tomlin said.

Travis Kirschke and Nick Eason, two veteran backups, could both be used.

11th December 2007 02:08 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

Starbuck is also Soylent Green and John Lennon in a Tribute band!

Soylent Green!!! How the fuck did you remember that? I hate the Beatles, but at least he is not Glenn Fry in an Eagles tribute band. As long as he likes girls and booze, its all good.

Guys, see yinz in a few days. I'm on my way back to Morgantown, WV for a couple days. Yeah, traveling for work as its downsides also, like going to real shitholes. Although Morgantown is not the same anymore. It is really turning into a nice place. Now, if they can only work on the rest of the state.

11th December 2007 06:14 PM
WinslowStud
quote:

amazing...most steeler fans don't have the collective intelligence to work a telephone, much less a blackberry. what makes you think i'd want to be seen in public with you tomlintards to begin with? i have a reputation to uphold.

this could be interesting...i hereby declare that i will win the drinking this sunday...alert the local media. i will drink the piss out of you...you will have no answer for my split right halback nickel cover two on six.

11th December 2007 06:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
Alanta, the NFL, hell football in general needs Vick back.

Con-Vick's gone until at least May 09.

In the meanwhile, ATL needs a coach.
Petrino just bailed for Arkansas.

11th December 2007 10:48 PM
robpop
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:

amazing...most steeler fans don't have the collective intelligence to work a telephone, much less a blackberry. what makes you think i'd want to be seen in public with you tomlintards to begin with? i have a reputation to uphold.

this could be interesting...i hereby declare that i will win the drinking this sunday...alert the local media. i will drink the piss out of you...you will have no answer for my split right halback nickel cover two on six.

Gather 'round for plenty of stories about Super Bowl victories, and about beating division foes three times in one year. Oh yeah you can tell us stories about the 1964 season, and teams moving. You guys were no Houston Oilers. You cannot win a drinking contest against two yinzers. Try for your wildcard bitch. Only to be heartbroken again. Remember this guy?

12th December 2007 01:39 PM
gimmekeef Arthur Blank gets jobbed again...Heres my prediction..knowing he needs some buzz and stability he reaches way deep in his wallet and brings in Cower to clean up this mess....at 10 mill a year....
12th December 2007 02:07 PM
Nellcote Seems like the Jets don't know exactly that they started Spygate last year. Let's bring these two reports forward for all to see....In the 1st report, J E T S President Mike Tannenbaum makes the following statement:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_spy_for_a_spy_jets_started_video_battle-1.html

Spy for a spy: Jets started video battle
BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:00 AM

The Jets-Patriots spy games became a national story in September, when the Patriots were busted for illegally videotaping Jets coaches from the sideline at the Meadowlands. Unbeknownst to the public, the two teams engaged in video warfare throughout the 2006 season.

At a game in Foxborough, a Jets employee was caught videotaping from the end-zone stands, according to a league source. The camera wasn't confiscated and the incident wasn't reported to the league, but Patriots officials were miffed. Just recently, a team official mentioned the incident in a conversation about this Sunday's Jets-Patriots game.

"(There's) absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum told the Daily News in September, responding when the story was first reported by Foxsports.com. "Completely false."

The Jets claim they received approval from the Patriots to film at that location.

The article continues from the last sentance. Now, view the Q & A which Coach Mangenious had with Pats reporters this morning. Note the 1st sentance answer to the question poised to the Coach, it is a stunning item....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/12/newsday_followu.html

FOXBOROUGH -- A lot to cover here at Gillette Stadium today, and we'll start with the conference call with Jets coach Eric Mangini (11:45 a.m.).

Mangini was asked about today's Newsday report that the Jets were asked to stop videotaping during a game last season at Gillette Stadium.

The Q&A:

There is a report in Newsday that a Jets employee was asked to leave Gillette Stadium last season, possibly for videotaping their coaches. Is that an accurate report?
"What we do every away game is tape our team from both end zones, whenever it's possible. We always ask for permission to do that. Usually it's granted, provided there is a physical space to do that, it's to get the same angle you get in practice. Anybody that asks us to do it, we extend the same courtesy. It's pretty common, one way or the other, depending on how teams like to like at their game tape. That's really what it was."

In other words, you thought you had permission but perhaps you didn't?
"No, we had permission."

And they still asked you to leave?
"Yes, they did."

Mangini was also asked if the Jets were, at all, taping the Patriots' defensive signals.

"No," Mangini said.

He was then asked if the Patriots requested similar permission to have someone taping at various angles or end-zone angles. Again, Mangini replied simply: "No."

Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

Mangenious openly admits that they film each and every game, yet the President of the J E T S denies they do the same thing. This all during a game LAST YEAR!!!

So, I ask you, with Mangenious blowing the whistle on the Pats in the 1st 5 min of the 1st game of the year, is he not a complete, utter liar about this same topic, which he openly admits to taking place at under a year earlier? As well, the J E T S President is in the same boat. Too bad he's coming to The Razor this week, with this story just breaking now. It's supposed to snow truckloads Sunday, there will not be just rubber rats thrown at him Sunday....

The summary is this whole matter is the latest in the Hatfield & McCoy shoot out which is the Pats-J E T S relationship, which has it's roots in Parcells negotiating his departure from the Pats during the 96 Super Bowl to the J E T S, as well as the subsequent departure of Coach B from the J E T S, leaving them without a coach. Mangenious was Coach B's closest confidant, and he is the biggest Judas in this.

Stay tuned....

12th December 2007 02:21 PM
gimmekeef I think the Jets will find their Waterloo this Sunday..At least Anthony Smith is guaranteeing a Jets win so......lol
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)