ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "What Are You Listening To" Continued Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 6th, 2004 08:33 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Diamonds & Rust, Starbreaker - from Judas Priest's Unleashed in the East :-)

WOW.....classic stuff fella, classic motherfuckers.... every Rock'n'Roll addicted MUST listen to all those classical Judas Priest's albums. Their debut album, "Sad Wings Of Destiny" and "Hell Bent For Leather"...hmmmmmm Jack Flash says how delicious.....
October 6th, 2004 08:34 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Diamonds & Rust, Starbreaker - from Judas Priest's Unleashed in the East :-)

And one of my fave songs of all time is "Victim of Changes"
October 6th, 2004 08:40 PM
J.J.Flash "Out Of The Court/Order in the Court (1976)" (Thanks to Stan)

Goddmanit... fuckin' great performance... and that nigga (Preston) really rocks man....

"Wow Jersee, it's so funky inside my body... shake that baby"
October 6th, 2004 11:27 PM
Soldatti Zeppelin - Coda
Police - Ghost In The Machine
October 6th, 2004 11:31 PM
glencar Just finished lotsa old Stones video.
October 7th, 2004 12:00 AM
Egbert Wire "Pink Flag"
Johnny Cash 16 Biggest Hits
The Very Best of The Meters
October 7th, 2004 12:54 AM
stonedinaustralia the sound of one hand clapping
October 7th, 2004 01:30 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
the sound of one hand clapping

you and the students of confucius(sp?), heh amigo..?

____

it has been a good day, musically, for me...

nightcap: mark lanegan band "bubblegum"

currently: the reissue of james brown's "soul on top" - oliver nelson is the sh*t!!!

earlier:
(not my notes - but an excellent recording )

Sam "Lightnin'" Hopkins
24 April 1974
Ebbet's Field
Denver, CO

Source: Unknown

One disc:

01. Nothing I Can Do (?)
02. Lord Have Mercy (?)
03. Unknown Instrumental
04. I Got My Hook in Your Water (?) or Deep Sea Diver (?)
05. Unknown Instrumental
06. Cook My Breakfast (?)
07. Key to the Highway
08. It's Time for You to Change Your Way
09. Unknown Instrumental
10. Rock Me
11. Ain't it Crazy (The Rub)
12. 70 Miles From Nowhere (?)

Notes:
Some song titles unknown (noted as (?)).
_____

glencar - thanks for the offer. i see that the SMiLE special will be on again soon, so i will just be sure to tape it then.
October 7th, 2004 02:54 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

you and the students of confucius(sp?), heh amigo..?

yes mac_daddy - also wondering what mickboy would do with that track

btw - over the weekend heard an LP i hadn't heard in years by a guy named Armand Schaubroeck - released in '76 an album by the name of "RatFucker" - it's a lost classic and very much ahead of it's time

apparently Armanad still has hundreds of unsold copies (vinyl LP) - he now runs a guitar shop in one of the north-eastern states of the USA

see the following for more info

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/feature/armand_schaubroeck

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
October 7th, 2004 12:35 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

btw - over the weekend heard an LP i hadn't heard in years by a guy named Armand Schaubroeck - released in '76 an album by the name of "RatFucker" - it's a lost classic and very much ahead of it's time

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

I had a copy of A Lot of People Would Like to See Armand Schaubroeck Dead for a while, but I could never get into it so I sold it on Ebay.

Must hear Ratfucker. A cross between Stooges & Outrageous? Life is bubble gum!

I rediscovered a fairly idiotic "lost classic" this weekend myself -- the soundtrack to the HIP hippie trip out MONDO HOLLYWOOD. Absolute over the top ridiculousness.

Currently: SMILEY SMILE, by the Beach Boys. The recent release of Brian Wilson's SMiLE (which sounds better across the hall than it does when I'm sitting directly in front of the speakers) has had me visiting this long ago "corruption" of the original SMiLE material and I'm surprised at how much I like it -- there is a bizarre post modern pop feel to this album that bespeaks Stephen Merritt/Magnetic Fields at times. "Gettin Hungry" is an amazing track . ..
October 7th, 2004 09:46 PM
Soldatti Joe Cooker's Greatest Hits
[Edited by Soldatti]
October 7th, 2004 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hot Rats... a classic
October 7th, 2004 11:20 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Yesterday, I buyed the following cds:

Peter Tosh - The Gold Collection
Joe Satriani - An Anthology
Dave Matthews Band - Live At Giant Stadium NYC 11/06/01
Dave Matthews Band - Live At Giant Stadium NYC 12/06/01
Dave Matthews Band - Live At Giant Stadium NYC 13/06/01
Oasis - Live At Campo Argentino De Polo 2001
Oasis - Live At Rock In Rio III

I got enough music for this week

The all 3 Dave Matthews Band shows are EXCELLENT! I love that guys! Tell me what do you think.
October 8th, 2004 12:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is a good musician but not that great, but I want to tell you something happened to me when I made an interview to Carl Palmer and his band, after the interview Carl left to relax after a very busy day. I stayed at the hotel lobby with his back-up musicians, Shaun Baxter (one of the best strat-abuser I have ever seen) and Dave Marks (six-strings bassist extraordinaire), one of the many questions I asked was about which band do they want to play for and Mark said immediatly "Dave Matthews Band", Shaun replied "Chick Corea"

October 8th, 2004 08:39 AM
Factory Girl Not a fan of Dave Matthews.
October 8th, 2004 09:19 AM
TMR DMB is cool, but not among my favorites. The two shows I saw in 2003 were real let downs. I decided not to see him this year as a result of that, and that I was supposed to be cutting back on shows this year. Well, 1 for 2 ain't bad.
October 8th, 2004 12:58 PM
Madafaka Interesting post Gerardo

I like this band because they play a kind of music that is not very common to listen in my country. Probably to attend a concert is boring, but to listen is great!
Besides, I like the electrical violin sounds.

Is it a famous band in North America or Europe?
October 8th, 2004 03:25 PM
F505 Van Morrison - it's too late to stop know (would be an excellent title for a new stones album)
October 8th, 2004 09:52 PM
Soldatti Ronnie's first solo album
October 9th, 2004 01:02 AM
beer a little lesson i've learned: when you're in a record store, and you see a record that you just might want, but you decide not to get it, cuz you think you can get it some other day. Don't make that decision. you will probably regret it. i did twice this week. just go ahead and buy the damn thing, even if it's a little expensive. you're music collection will thank you, and you will be all the more happier to be the proud owner of some rare little piece of vinyl. i'm kicking myself.
When it comes to music, listen to the little devil on your shoulder that says, "buy it, now!!".
October 9th, 2004 05:22 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
beer wrote:
a little lesson i've learned: when you're in a record store, and you see a record that you just might want, but you decide not to get it, cuz you think you can get it some other day. Don't make that decision. you will probably regret it. i did twice this week. just go ahead and buy the damn thing, even if it's a little expensive. you're music collection will thank you, and you will be all the more happier to be the proud owner of some rare little piece of vinyl. i'm kicking myself.
When it comes to music, listen to the little devil on your shoulder that says, "buy it, now!!".

what did you pass up..?
October 9th, 2004 07:36 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
beer wrote:
a little lesson i've learned: when you're in a record store, and you see a record that you just might want, but you decide not to get it, cuz you think you can get it some other day. Don't make that decision. you will probably regret it. i did twice this week. just go ahead and buy the damn thing, even if it's a little expensive. you're music collection will thank you, and you will be all the more happier to be the proud owner of some rare little piece of vinyl. i'm kicking myself.

I've done that many a time! Thankfully, there were a couple instances where a couple of weeks/months go by and I was able to buy it again (without hesitation).

October 9th, 2004 03:12 PM
Soldatti Abbey Road
Let It Bleed
October 9th, 2004 03:16 PM
stewed & Keefed Real Gone - Tom Waits
October 10th, 2004 12:43 PM
stewed & Keefed Today:

Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off,Baby
October 10th, 2004 03:26 PM
Soldatti The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars
October 10th, 2004 03:44 PM
F505 Van the Man with Back On Top
October 11th, 2004 09:29 PM
Soldatti Voodoo Lounge
October 12th, 2004 12:33 PM
Factory Girl Yesterday it was Kings of Leon.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
October 12th, 2004 04:43 PM
Saint Sway I just saw Kings of Leon live. They rawk!

OK... pay attention Keef freaks...

I know some of you are hesitant to pick up a CD by an artist you've never heard

so...

do yourself a favor and plunk down 99 cents on an i-tunes download and hear for yourself THE COOLEST RIFF THAT KEEF SHOULD OF MADE

the song to download on itunes is called "Yesterday I Saw You" by Rich Robinson

Rich Robinson is the guitarist - and Keef disciple - from the Black Crowes. He has his debut record out called "Paper"

if your too shy to take a chance on the record then go ahead and just download "Yesterday I Saw You".

If your a Keef Riff Hard junkie like me then you'll be very HAPPY you did
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17