ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "What Are You Listening To" Continued Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 22nd, 2004 10:35 PM
Soldatti Forty Licks
September 22nd, 2004 10:50 PM
56DeSoto Notting Hillbillies....recently excavated from the pile of CDs on top of the record player.
September 23rd, 2004 12:14 AM
Ursus*Horribilis Red Hot Chile Peppers "Live in Hyde Park"!!
September 23rd, 2004 05:42 AM
F505 Get your self together (aka I can see it) a great Stones song I have on a boot.... Incredible they never released it.
September 23rd, 2004 10:48 AM
Gazza The 25th anniversary reissue of the wonderful "London Calling" by El Clash Combo - the greatest band to emerge in the last 30 years
September 23rd, 2004 10:42 PM
Egbert Electric Ladyland, for the first time.
September 23rd, 2004 10:44 PM
Soldatti Live At Leeds
September 23rd, 2004 10:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Electric Ladyland, for the first time.

How did you like it?
September 23rd, 2004 11:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Jim Price - Kids Nowadays Ain't Got No Shame with Juan Uribe en la lira, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Klaus Voorman & Jim Keltner
September 23rd, 2004 11:14 PM
Egbert
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

How did you like it?

Like it a lot! Of course, I've heard most of the songs before but never "1983" - that one's worth the price of admission alone.
September 24th, 2004 12:43 AM
Phog One of Elvis Costello's new records, "The Delivery Man". It's pretty good on second listen.
September 24th, 2004 06:16 AM
scratched Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up

Stones meets Sly & The Family meets Flying Burritto Bros (but not as good).

Primal Scream - Echo Dek

Crazy dub remixes of the Vanishing Point album.
September 24th, 2004 09:04 AM
Irina Luther Allison - "Reckless"
September 24th, 2004 09:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Live At Leeds

Soldatti ......................you are much loved by the Joey !
September 24th, 2004 10:04 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

The absolute JAM is the Knebworth Black and Blue tracks, which I had not heard either (blasphemy!) - they are quite the bus wreck but also quite soulful. Esp. Hey Negrita -- awesome.

yes indeed nasty!! - a wonderfully pleasant surprise as i had not heard them before either - as you say, Hey Negrita esp., this stuff moves

the bus wreck aspect comes a lot from the feedback problem mick seemed to be having with his monitors but that high shrill shrieking microphone feedback adds a kind of avant-funk air to things which i think adds a bit of stones style madness to the whole thing

and the band are really cooking - i've always been a bit disinclined towards live stuff from 75/76 (el mocambo excepted) basically on the strenght of the three stadium sides of LYL - there they sound flat and disinterested with jagger breathlessly shouting/slurring his vocals - (having said that i rate "who went to church" highly) - the earls court recordings i've heard sound much like the LYL stuff - a bit soulless and no real edge to music

but, yes, this Knebworth stuff is the real deal - charlie is very good tonight isn't he??

September 24th, 2004 10:35 PM
Soldatti The Doors first album...
September 24th, 2004 10:54 PM
sirmoonie First night off on three weeks. Pissed!

Twirling in the deck:

Gap Band - Ultimate Collection

Crowes - Southern Harmony

Clash - London Calling

Black and Blue
September 24th, 2004 11:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
First night off on three weeks. Pissed!

Twirling in the deck:

Gap Band - Ultimate Collection

Crowes - Southern Harmony

Clash - London Calling

Black and Blue

And looks like you're enjoying...
September 24th, 2004 11:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
And looks like you're enjoying...

That first Doors album was something else. I'd hesitate to ever call those guys something special, but that first album they did....Man, that was something special.
September 24th, 2004 11:29 PM
Bloozehound If anyones ready to fight i'm packin' heat for the doors, soul kitchen, take it as it comes, and back door man are fuckin' fabulous as fabulous goes

the doors rock !

accept it
September 24th, 2004 11:39 PM
Soldatti The first Doors album is very good and L.A Woman is close. The rest with few exceptions is average and sometimes boring.
September 24th, 2004 11:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
If anyones ready to fight i'm packin' heat for the doors, soul kitchen, take it as it comes, and back door man are fuckin' fabulous as fabulous goes

the doors rock !

accept it

What about Love Her Madly, People are Strange and Raodhouse Blues?
Great songs all.
September 24th, 2004 11:46 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

What about Love Her Madly, People are Strange and Raodhouse Blues?
Great songs all.

right on sol, roadhouse blues, man now were talkin a song, crank it to 10, and rip the fuckin knob off
[Edited by Bloozehound]
September 24th, 2004 11:48 PM
Soldatti The live version of RB is one of the best live songs ever, IMO.
September 25th, 2004 12:29 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I'll stuff your socks into your ears, ya donut eating fucking midget!
September 25th, 2004 12:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot Mono Men-Shut The Fuck Up (One of the best album titles ever...right up there with The Revolting Cocks-You God Damned Son Of A Bitch.)

The Romantics-61/49

The Hoodoo Gurus-The Singles Collection

The Birthday Party-Peel Sessions

New York Dolls-New York Dolls

The Crawdaddys-Crawdaddy Express
September 25th, 2004 01:05 AM
Bloozehound gimmie gimmie gimmie

I need some more

September 25th, 2004 01:06 AM
LadyJane I'm listening to the Bowie show (2004) from Toronto. Thank You Martha...outstanding.

LJ.
September 25th, 2004 01:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah, I forgot...

The Fuzztones-Salt For Zombies
-Lysergic Emanations
September 25th, 2004 02:05 AM
Jaxx
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Electric Ladyland, for the first time.

you've finally let jimi take over. yeah! a mind blower, isn't it? it is best played loud and even better w/psychodelics.

as for me, i'm mellowing out with ratdog's "evening moods" and the 9-22-91 boston grateful dead show --compliments of lazy bones. thank you jesus, thank you lord.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17