ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "What Are You Listening To" Continued Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 14th, 2004 09:18 PM
Soldatti Undercover
September 14th, 2004 09:36 PM
Mr Hess BB KING LIVE AT THE COOK COUNTY JAIL 1970

killer stuff..........
September 15th, 2004 06:44 AM
Zack Ultimate Yardbirds. Some real gems, but some incredible drek in parts. Paffff...Bum!
September 15th, 2004 08:06 AM
sirfito Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! / The Rolling Stones
At Newport / Muddy Waters
Live In N.Y.C. / Johnny Winter

Cheers,
Fito
September 15th, 2004 08:17 AM
stewed & Keefed Soulfly - Primitive
Monster Magnet - Powertrip
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
The Gilt Trip - Fruit Of The Doom
September 15th, 2004 12:03 PM
Nasty Habits RAGS TO EXCESS!

Thanks Mac Daddy!

September 15th, 2004 12:07 PM
beer
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
RAGS TO EXCESS!

Thanks Mac Daddy!

Mac Daddy sent that to me too, Nasty. How about the fact that you can really really hear the
different guitar layers on 'Hand of Fate' and 'Crazy Mama'. Very cool!!!
September 15th, 2004 12:11 PM
Joey

THE WHO , Live : Birmingham , 2004
September 15th, 2004 12:59 PM
Nasty Habits Indeed, beer, indeed. It is somewhat disconcerting to hear Crazy Mama come at what I assume to be the end of side one instead of side two -- it strikes me as necessary after all that slow "experimental" stuff to blow the dump off the truck rather than to end it on Memory Motel, but what do I know? I am merely Nasty.

Oh! I have been meaning to ask you -- have you heard any of the stuff from Paris '65-'66? Having read your appreciation for Hawaii '66 (and Australia '66, which I does not have), you MUST hear the punkest versions of Get Off My Cloud and Paint It Black EVER should you not be thusly hooked yet . . .

September 15th, 2004 04:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

yes, i have paper... i like it, but i like the live delivery of the tunes at the viper room better. your copy went in the mail yesterday, along with a nem set that smoked (main stage at high sierra) and a stones surprise. please drop me a line when the discs arrive...

EDIT:

if you are interested in downloading (via Bit Torrent) the recordings i made of rich robinson and his band, they are currently available here...
[Edited by mac_daddy]

suh-weet!

thanks! I'll let you know when they arrive. I've got some recent shows with Rich doing "Hand Of Fate" that I'll send your way if you want them. One of them also has a great version of Pink Floyd's "Fearless" too
September 15th, 2004 05:15 PM
beer Nasty, i do have the Paris stuff, is good!
You gotta get Melbourne Australia '66.Its from a live radio broadcast!
I believe the title of the boot is called "Do You Like Billy Wyman".
I'd send ya a copy but i don't have a burner.

The Last Time
Have Mercy
She said yeah
Play with fire
Not fade away
Thats how strong my love is
Get off my cloud
Satisfaction.

[Edited by beer]
September 15th, 2004 05:55 PM
caro Ben Harper - The Will to Live
Unlike most Ben Harper songs, "Ashes to Ashes" keeps getting better the more I hear it.
September 15th, 2004 11:04 PM
Soldatti Atlantic City 1989
September 16th, 2004 01:23 AM
Egbert DIY Blank Generation: The New York Scene 1975-78

RIP Johnny "KKK" Ramone
September 16th, 2004 12:34 PM
Nasty Habits Rocket to Russia has weirdly become my official "dead Ramones" album, so I'm listening to that.

September 16th, 2004 03:01 PM
blueswave Crosby, Stills, Nash... because I saw them in concert for the very first time. And CSNY... if you're at all depressed and its raining, don't listen to Deja Vu.
September 16th, 2004 03:24 PM
glencar I'd say even if it's sunny & you're quite happy, that advice would still stand.
September 16th, 2004 04:32 PM
Baby Steelie Or if it's snowing and you're just in an OK mood . . .
September 16th, 2004 04:41 PM
Joey

<--------------Or if it's snowing and you're just in an OK mood . . .
September 16th, 2004 04:58 PM
Dan Road To Ruin was the most easily available last night. It was next to a stack of about 20 bootleg tapes I have been reviewing the last several months for possible transfer.
September 16th, 2004 05:37 PM
blueswave I'd say reading over some of the posts, Joey.. you're a bit crazy, ain't ya?
September 16th, 2004 06:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, Joey is the best definition of a regular guy a normal person

Listening Savoy Brown debut album "Shake Down"
September 16th, 2004 07:46 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
RAGS TO EXCESS!

Thanks Mac Daddy!

hey nasty - any "extra" tracks on this one??
September 16th, 2004 08:09 PM
Soldatti Ramones Anthology
September 16th, 2004 08:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

i guess your package didnt arrive, yet.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
September 16th, 2004 08:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl While changing today's header I'm listening "Rocket 88"
September 16th, 2004 08:32 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i guess your package didnt arrive, yet.

not yet mac_d - but i have been expecting it

i'll let you know when it arrives

as we say down here, "thanks mate and good onya"
September 16th, 2004 09:43 PM
Mr Hess The Stones-Ft Worth 1978

Little Richard-Greatest Hits

Super Session-Kooper, Bloofield, Stills

SRV-Live At Montreaux

Doors-Soft Parade

The Best Of Little Walter
September 17th, 2004 02:48 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

You get I Love Ladies (all time NUMBA ONE stones JAM! To hell with Claudine, this is the BOMB!)(not really) and an awful lot of instrumental jam/rehearsal type thingies (including a rather amazing Fool to Cry on disc #1). I guess these made the rounds on 70s vinyl boots, but I'd never heard them, so that was cool. He adds Slave and an instrumental track to the actual body of Black and Blue and I like those additions, although as I've said I have a real problem with ending the album with Memory Motel and not Crazy Mama. The absolute JAM is the Knebworth Black and Blue tracks, which I had not heard either (blasphemy!) - they are quite the bus wreck but also quite soulful. Esp. Hey Negrita -- awesome.

Also got a nice CD of Keef's Toronto show from Mac_D! Excellent sound, nice to expose myself (to these recordings!) again.

Currently:

The Quick -- Mondo Deco.

September 17th, 2004 04:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot I promised Gypsy a birthday package, and as she requested some more of my compilations...and as I've had a few more compilation ideas I wanted to try out...she got me offa my ass and compiling. She asked me for a lesson in punk rock. I simply HAD to start at the beginning...crazy ass Rockabilly. 25 Red Hot Rockabilly Classics from Sun Records. This one isn't my compilation, but there ain't no way I could do better...so why even try. I found this at a Best Buy for $9.99. Yowza!

From there, I have ended up, once again, buried...as seems to happen to me about once a year...in my Nuggets boxes.

I don't know how many of you have these sets, but they are absolutely amazing. I can't recommend them enough. My advice is to go get both of these fine four disc boxed sets from Rhino. Ask for 'em for Xmas...or a birthday...or Columbus Day...whatever, just get 'em.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17