ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Show us your faces people!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "What Are You Listening To" Continued Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 17th, 2004 09:29 PM
Nellcote Radio Clash-MOJO disc from current issue with Stones on the cover....Wicked Pissa!
September 17th, 2004 09:50 PM
Soldatti Steel Wheels
September 17th, 2004 11:01 PM
full moon Concrete Blonde= Mexican Moon
September 18th, 2004 12:15 AM
stonedinaustralia thanx for the response above nasty

i've been giving your comp. "Blame it on the Stones" a spin these last couple of days

i thought i'd lost it, what must be now almost a year ago(which - in a way - i had)and was disappointed about that esp. as i wanted to play a friend that WS version of Stop Breaking Down - anyway, while looking for another disc the other night - i came across it - Excellent!!

favourite tracks are the aforementioned WS, "I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys" by The Reigning Sound, Linda Lu and Stevie Wonder's "I Don't Know Why?" - tho that "Jagger the Dagger" is definitely "out there"

Nasty - who does that last track, the take of GOOMC - it's not listed on the disc cover?

cheers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
September 18th, 2004 03:20 AM
Daethgod Finn Brothers - Everyone Is Here
Bowling For Soup - A Hangover You Dont Deserve
Faces - First Step
Jack Johnson - On And On
Prince-Musicology
Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters

and my own George Dubya mix of American Idiot - Green Day

:P
September 18th, 2004 05:30 AM
egon jet
September 18th, 2004 11:53 AM
stewed & Keefed Exile on main Street
The best of Stiff Little Fingers
September 18th, 2004 04:31 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote

Nasty - who does that last track, the take of GOOMC - it's not listed on the disc cover?

cheers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

HA! That's done by one Charlie White Eagle. It's on a compilation of horrible and bizarre rock songs called the Big Itch Vol. 6. The bemused back up band is Fred Cole of Lollipop Shoppe/Dead Moon fame.

At the moment: There's a Riot Goin' On

September 18th, 2004 05:11 PM
DG81 (tonight)Bob Dylan 'Love& Theft' (for about the 1000th time) - fucking love this album. 'From Elvis In Memphis' and Keith and the Winos Paalladium CD
September 18th, 2004 07:57 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Rev Hortonian Heat

Getting ready to go see the Waco Brothers & Deke Dickerson tonight.
September 18th, 2004 11:22 PM
Soldatti Exile...
September 19th, 2004 01:07 AM
Cant Catch Me Robert Fripp -- "Exposure"

"Welcome to Australia" earlier.

Hey, I like Deke Dickerson, although his campy humor is a bit much at times. I've been looking for the "Deke and Dave Combo" (or Dave and Deke?) CD, which was before his three solo records.
[Edited by Cant Catch Me]
September 19th, 2004 02:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot >The bemused back up band is Fred Cole of Lollipop Shoppe/Dead Moon fame.<

I'm going to see Dead Moon next month at the Ottobar!

I'm still stuck inside my Nuggets & Nuggets II boxes...
September 19th, 2004 02:44 PM
Soldatti BB King "Deuces Wild"
September 19th, 2004 03:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Robert Fripp -- "Exposure"

That's a very good one! I like it

You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer

What a great version of here comes the flood with water music before and after or what about "you burn me up" and "disengage" the whole album is great

You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer
You're a cocaine sniffer

September 19th, 2004 03:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The LP has written different quotes on the vinyl, mine has "The aim is freedom, conscience and truth" on one side and "1981 is the year of the Fripp"� the albums was released in 1978 as a part of the MOR Trilogy, some other LPs have different quotes one have "The Next Step is Discipline" (this is the most expensive LP of the series) I have this legend in other LP " God Save the Queen/Under Heavy Manners" in fact this is not an LP but two one-side LPs in one two-sides LP compilation LOL
September 19th, 2004 05:49 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Robert Fripp -- "Exposure"

"Welcome to Australia" earlier.

Hey, I like Deke Dickerson, although his campy humor is a bit much at times. I've been looking for the "Deke and Dave Combo" (or Dave and Deke?) CD, which was before his three solo records.
[Edited by Cant Catch Me]

Dave and Deke. What you should REALLY check out is his very first combo, Untamed Youth. There's a great CD on the Norton Label called "Untamed Melodies" that collects most of their relevant material from their many albums. Wonderful garage/surf/rockabilly madness from the middle of Missouri of all places!

PABST BLUE RIBBON!

currently: UNCLE MEAT (wow!)

SSalot -- DEAD MOON RULE LIVE! Suggested requests: Play with Fire (amazing, Toody sings!) and It's a Long Way to the Top If You Wanna Rock and Roll (their version is the best ever!)
September 19th, 2004 10:01 PM
Soldatti Some Girls
Iggy Pop "Brick by brick"
September 20th, 2004 03:46 AM
Cant Catch Me Well get out there's the door
Well get out there's the door

Hey Voodoo, thanks, "Exposure" is a great album, I listen to it frequently. It's so annoying in parts that it's amazing that it sounds so great. Thanks for the info too. I've got my old LP too, a cut-out I believe, so I should see if I have the same version.

Did you know Daryll Hall (yep, right, THAT one) sings on at least one, maybe several, of the songs on it? And Fripp plays on Daryll Hall's self-titled solo album. Now, that's a trip!

Thanks, Nasty, I gotta' check out Untamed Youth now too. I love raw, authentic rockabilly. Have you ever heard "Great Shakin' Fever" by Dorsey Burnette, Johnny's Brother, both of the Rock and Roll Trio, the original performers of "Train Kept a' Rollin?'" Man, I love that song!
September 20th, 2004 09:36 PM
Soldatti Main Offender
September 20th, 2004 10:44 PM
Mr Hess L&G soundtrack
September 20th, 2004 10:46 PM
stonedinaustralia "Rags to Excess" and Keith's Toronto sessions - my copies of which arrived in today's post all the way from Los Angeles California

thank you very much mac_daddy
September 20th, 2004 11:04 PM
Soldatti Right now and MP3:
MICK JAGGER - FROM FAR FAST TO DOWN UNDER - 2 CD
September 20th, 2004 11:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
I've got my old LP too, a cut-out I believe, so I should see if I have the same version.

Check the black vinyl, if your LP has "The Next Step is Discipline" put that one on eBay or send a message to "Elephant Talk" you will get someone paying some bucks for it!

quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
Did you know Daryll Hall (yep, right, THAT one) sings on at least one, maybe several, of the songs on it? And Fripp plays on Daryll Hall's self-titled solo album. Now, that's a trip!

Yes, I couldn't believe it as I don't like DH and I hate DH&JO but let me tell you... I have that one too! As I wrote above, that disc is part of Fripp's MOR Trilogy

• 'Peter Gabriel II' (Peter Gabriel)
  • 'Exposure' (Robert Fripp)
  • 'Sacred Songs' (Daryl Hall)

All three produced by robert Fripp
September 20th, 2004 11:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Spooky Tooth - Last Puff
September 21st, 2004 06:10 AM
Cant Catch Me What's MOR, did I miss the explanation? Middle Of the Road, perhaps? 'Cept the Fripp album is hardly middle of the road!!

Right now, I've got Bill Nelson's collection, "What Now, What Next" playing. More "freak out" music, which is my name for the prog rock category, 'cuz prog rock doesn't quite cover it all and there's a lot in there that's not purely prog in the way Yes (yeeeuuuck!), Pink Floyd, Genesis and King Crimson is.
September 22nd, 2004 06:39 AM
stewed & Keefed Today:
Raw Power and Fun House - The Stooges
September 22nd, 2004 12:03 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
"Rags to Excess" and Keith's Toronto sessions - my copies of which arrived in today's post all the way from Los Angeles California

thank you very much mac_daddy

you are welcome - i am glad they arrived...

this morning: europe 73: the ultimate live collection (rolling stones)
September 22nd, 2004 01:17 PM
Lil Brian Boston '75
Cops and Robbers
Black and Blue
Down and Out in Paris
Paris Aux Printemps
Steel Wheels Rehearsals
September 22nd, 2004 04:22 PM
Dan Tegan & Sara live in San Diego 9/20/04 and Long Beach 9/21/04.

The new Thrills album, whatever the hell its called, listened to it 4 times yesterday.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17