ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure..Another drinking Thread...Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 9th, 2004 07:42 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Negro Modelo is the Mex beer of choice.

excellent choice sir!
July 9th, 2004 08:44 PM
nankerphelge Hey fuckers!

Just had a meeting to end all meetings -- 8.5 billable hours my friends.

Only one way to top that -- yes indeed, 5 Newcastlian beverages!

Still working, but not really....
July 9th, 2004 08:49 PM
stonedinaustralia 8.5 you say nanker - that is impressive - you could almost justify taking monday off

enjoy the brew

with it winter here giuness is the tipple of choice at the moment

cheers
July 10th, 2004 07:49 AM
egon gimme an H
gimme an E
gimme an I
gimme an N
gimme an E
gimme an K...

Fuck it, you know what i'm getting at.

It's the weekend; Let's drink and be merry!
July 10th, 2004 10:35 AM
stewed & Keefed It's a big Stella day
July 10th, 2004 11:03 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
egon wrote:
gimme an H
gimme an E
gimme an I
gimme an N
gimme an E
gimme an K...

Fuck it, you know what i'm getting at.

It's the weekend; Let's drink and be merry!

July 10th, 2004 09:35 PM
LadyJane Now I need a beverage...Why??? Cause I'm smoking some fine, FINE chiba brought to me from Northern California.

Whoa!! I think I'm relocating out West!!!

LJ.
July 11th, 2004 09:39 AM
egon had a real french wedding last night.... there was wine... plenty!

excuse me while i crawl back under my rock now
July 12th, 2004 03:13 AM
egon Well i'm off on holiday today.
gonna find out wether they sell heineken in Italy.
And next week I'll be in nice. gonna try and find nelcote again. so if anyone can give me CLEAR directions? (i am not too bright)

Please take care of this thread and do not let it slip to the 2nd page.

Cheers!
July 12th, 2004 01:20 PM
nankerphelge Not drinking, but funny:
Stoned Del. student gets lost in Conn.

Associated Press
07/11/2004

A Delaware college student ate a bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms and drove around in a pair of stolen cars before arriving, confused, on a mountain in northwest Connecticut police said.

Paul Cunningham, 21, hiked to a nearby home Thursday night and asked to call 911, police said.

"I think I stole a car," Cunningham told a dispatcher. "I'm not sure."

Police said Cunningham, of Dover, Del., confessed that eating an entire bag of mushrooms, "probably wasn't a good idea." He allegedly told investigators that he had no idea how many laws he broke during a three-day excursion that took him 300 miles from home.

A student at Wilmington College, he told a state trooper that he bought the drugs in Dover on Monday, according to the Republican-American of Waterbury. The next day, he went for a drive and twice got lost in Connecticut.

He told police he remembers taking a train to LaGuardia Airport in New York, where he found a car with its keys in it. He's unsure where he went from there.

"I once again found myself lost in Connecticut," Cunningham reportedly told police.

After locking the keys in the stolen car, Cunningham allegedly stole a van from a Southbury rest stop.

In Canaan, he decided to climb Music Mountain to see what was on the other side, police said. Investigators believe the exercise cleared Cunningham's head.

"I want to correct my mistakes," Cunningham reportedly told Trooper Andre Roy. "In retrospect, this was a bad idea."

He volunteered a written confession, police said. He was arraigned Friday and was held on $2,500 bail. Both stolen vehicles were recovered.

July 12th, 2004 01:57 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Not drinking, but funny:
Stoned Del. student gets lost in Conn.

Associated Press
07/11/2004

A Delaware college student ate a bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms and drove around in a pair of stolen cars before arriving, confused, on a mountain in northwest Connecticut police said.

Paul Cunningham, 21, hiked to a nearby home Thursday night and asked to call 911, police said.

"I think I stole a car," Cunningham told a dispatcher. "I'm not sure."

Police said Cunningham, of Dover, Del., confessed that eating an entire bag of mushrooms, "probably wasn't a good idea." He allegedly told investigators that he had no idea how many laws he broke during a three-day excursion that took him 300 miles from home.

A student at Wilmington College, he told a state trooper that he bought the drugs in Dover on Monday, according to the Republican-American of Waterbury. The next day, he went for a drive and twice got lost in Connecticut.

He told police he remembers taking a train to LaGuardia Airport in New York, where he found a car with its keys in it. He's unsure where he went from there.

"I once again found myself lost in Connecticut," Cunningham reportedly told police.

After locking the keys in the stolen car, Cunningham allegedly stole a van from a Southbury rest stop.

In Canaan, he decided to climb Music Mountain to see what was on the other side, police said. Investigators believe the exercise cleared Cunningham's head.

"I want to correct my mistakes," Cunningham reportedly told Trooper Andre Roy. "In retrospect, this was a bad idea."

He volunteered a written confession, police said. He was arraigned Friday and was held on $2,500 bail. Both stolen vehicles were recovered.

Nanky ................Two Words :

Howard Carter !
July 12th, 2004 04:29 PM
stewed & Keefed It's my Birthday so plenty of Becks and Jack
July 12th, 2004 04:45 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
It's my Birthday so plenty of Becks and Jack

Happy B-day Stewed. Enjoy your drinkies.
July 12th, 2004 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Happy Happy Birthday Stewed & Keefed !!!!
July 13th, 2004 03:29 AM
egon
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

stewed!

muchos Heineken to your health.
July 16th, 2004 12:59 PM
sirmoonie I had to go to page 2 to find this thread. Very disappointing. Very.

Anyway, due to all the overwhelming number of requests, here is the list of the best and worst drinking airports in the United States. Rankings are relative and, of course, your mileage may moof.

Best
1. Minneapolis - Not just because I'm in it all the time. Its really great, decent bars in every terminal, EXCELLENT gate to bar ratio - no hauling ass down the concourse after chugging your last bott, as every gate is within staggering distance of at least one bar.

2. Las Vegas - Oh yeah! Extra points for the fact that you can walk around carrying booze anywhere you want.

3. Orlando - well designed for drinking. Its built on a centralized drinking scheme, with nice drinking flares down each terminal.

4. San Jose - asceptic little place, but underneath it is stock filled with booze.

5. Pittsburgh - nice

Worst
1. San Francisco - For a quality boozing city like SF, its airport drinking accomodations should be a lot better than they are. Pathetic. Where is the outrage?

2. Seattle-Tacoma - ridiculous. The bar in S terminal is an afront to drinking men of every creed and/or level of intoxication.

3. Philadelphia - pathetic

4. Jacksonville - some bars don't open until the afternoon, some close before the fucking sun goes down. There should be laws against that shit.

5. Chi-Hare - Yes, of course there are some quality places, its Chicago after all. But its hit and miss. O'Hare needs to establish a coherent booze plan before it can join the upper echelons of the aero-alco industry.
July 16th, 2004 01:21 PM
Bloozehound I've been through the Minneapolis airport, I got pretty shitty in one of the sports bars during a 2 hour layover to Lincoln, NE last year.
July 16th, 2004 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I had to go to page 2 to find this thread. Very disappointing. Very.

Anyway, due to all the overwhelming number of requests, here is the list of the best and worst drinking airports in the United States. Rankings are relative and, of course, your mileage may moof.

Best
1. Minneapolis - Not just because I'm in it all the time. Its really great, decent bars in every terminal, EXCELLENT gate to bar ratio - no hauling ass down the concourse after chugging your last bott, as every gate is within staggering distance of at least one bar.

2. Las Vegas - Oh yeah! Extra points for the fact that you can walk around carrying booze anywhere you want.

3. Orlando - well designed for drinking. Its built on a centralized drinking scheme, with nice drinking flares down each terminal.

4. San Jose - asceptic little place, but underneath it is stock filled with booze.

5. Pittsburgh - nice

Worst
1. San Francisco - For a quality boozing city like SF, its airport drinking accomodations should be a lot better than they are. Pathetic. Where is the outrage?

2. Seattle-Tacoma - ridiculous. The bar in S terminal is an afront to drinking men of every creed and/or level of intoxication.

3. Philadelphia - pathetic

4. Jacksonville - some bars don't open until the afternoon, some close before the fucking sun goes down. There should be laws against that shit.

5. Chi-Hare - Yes, of course there are some quality places, its Chicago after all. But its hit and miss. O'Hare needs to establish a coherent booze plan before it can join the upper echelons of the aero-alco industry.

Do you all see this ?!?!?!?!

DO YOU SEE IT ?!?!?!?!

Now THAT's Posting my friends .

Well done Moonie ......................please feel free to take the rest of the day off .

Jerky !
July 16th, 2004 06:10 PM
Bloozehound Hiaku...

ribeye & porkchop marinate just right
got cooler full of suds
house shall be full of savage beasts tonight
July 16th, 2004 07:38 PM
SheRat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Worst

Oh believe me, my man moonie, there is outrage. When I fly, I travel with a flask.

Happy Friday, people. Go forth. Drink.
July 16th, 2004 07:49 PM
nankerphelge This is why I love this place.
Rankings of the best drinking airports!

Don't forget New Orleans -- very impressive!
July 17th, 2004 12:46 AM
Bloozehound Rocks Off exclusive,

tonight I walked over to grab a beer form the cooler and what did i find, but what I believe to be the "mysterious Chupacabra" draining the life outta the beer supply, so I subdued him and shoved a roman candle up his ass & he scurtled off, but not before i managed to snap this photo, he was pissed!!!

watch your beer supply & be aware! be very, very aware!
July 18th, 2004 12:37 PM
stewed & Keefed Just a few bottles of becks,and trying to forget about monday morning
July 18th, 2004 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
"mysterious Chupacabra"

"mysterious Chupacabra" ????
Where I come from they call those things "Delrium Tremen Gremlins."

July 19th, 2004 09:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Hiaku...

ribeye & porkchop marinate just right
got cooler full of suds
house shall be full of savage beasts tonight

A Moofku...

Taylor's gay, its Ron Wood now
How that Stone can fucking can 'em
Rehab rehab, FUCK that shit
Thru the window he will be handed 'em
July 20th, 2004 03:17 AM
beer
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Rocks Off exclusive,

tonight I walked over to grab a beer form the cooler and what did i find, but what I believe to be the "mysterious Chupacabra" draining the life outta the beer supply, so I subdued him and shoved a roman candle up his ass & he scurtled off, but not before i managed to snap this photo, he was pissed!!!

watch your beer supply & be aware! be very, very aware!

I've been tryin to tell this to people for weeks now, the Chupacabra exists and its making my life crazy, but no one listens to me. Please beware of the dreaded chupacabra. It's outta control!
July 21st, 2004 10:53 AM
sirmoonie This is the kind of story that just warms your heart.

====MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Drunken passengers often give air crews trouble, but Russia's leading airline on Tuesday reported an "unprecedented" reversal: A passenger was assaulted by intoxicated flight attendants.

Two crew members on a domestic Aeroflot flight beat up a passenger who had complained that the flight attendants were drunk, airline spokeswoman Irina Dannenberg said.

The passenger, identified only as A. Chernopup, was aboard a recent flight from Moscow to the Siberian city of Nizhnevartovsk, Dannenberg said. She said the crew belonged to another airline, Aviaenergo.

Seeing that the crew were intoxicated and were not fulfilling their duties, Chernopup asked to be served by a sober and competent flight attendant, Dannenberg said. He was then beaten up by crew members.

On Russian flights, attendants often have to struggle to keep intoxicated passengers under control. But on this flight, Dannenberg said, flight attendants were so intoxicated that they "behaved improperly" and only began catering to passengers 1 1/2 hours into the four-hour trip.

The daily Izvestia quoted another passenger as saying that half of the food the crew served ended up on the floor, leaving the aisle strewn with debris that passengers had to walk over as they disembarked. The flight attendants who beat Chernopup were men, Izvestia reported.

According to the passenger, Chernopup left the plane with a black eye and was promptly sent to a doctor. Izvestia also reported that a criminal case was opened after Chernopup reported the incident to the police.

Dannenberg said that the plane was carrying out an Aeroflot flight, but both the aircraft and the crew belonged to Aviaenergo. Aeroflot has been contracting out from Aviaenergo since August 2003, but the incident prompted it to tighten control over Aviaenergo's staff, she said.

The entire crew of the flight has been temporarily dismissed and a joint commission is investigating the incident, Dannenberg said.

July 21st, 2004 10:56 AM
sirmoonie So does this one. Even in the darkest moments, hope springs eternal.
====
Tuesday July 20, 2004
ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) The party's over for four inmates accused of going on a beer run after the jail's doors were accidentally left unlocked.

The men were charged Monday with escape and bringing alcohol into a jail.

The breakout occurred Thursday night after cellblock doors at the Hawkins County Jail were left unlocked and a faulty control panel failed to alert jailers, Sheriff Warren Rimer said.

Two of the inmates walked out through a fire exit, leaving the door propped open with a Bible, and made a hole in the exercise yard fence. They walked to a market, bought some beer and returned to the jail to share it with other prisoners. When the booze ran out, the other two inmates made another beer run to a different store.

Authorities believe the inmates bought more than two cases of beer in all.

``I guess they thought if they came back they wouldn't be charged with escape,'' Rimer said, ``but they were wrong.''

The store visits did not raise alarm because the inmates were wearing street clothes borrowed from other prisoners. The crowded jail does not have enough orange jumpsuits to go around.
July 21st, 2004 11:09 AM
LadyJane Thank you Sirmoonie!!

My faith in humanity has been restored!!!

LJ.
July 21st, 2004 11:50 AM
telecaster Reverse air rage on Russia flight

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 Posted: 5:35 AM EDT (0935 GMT)

The entire crew of the flight has been temporarily dismissed.

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Drunken passengers often give air crews trouble, but Russia's leading airline on Tuesday reported an "unprecedented" reversal: A passenger was assaulted by intoxicated flight attendants.

Two crew members on a domestic Aeroflot flight beat up a passenger who had complained that the flight attendants were drunk, airline spokeswoman Irina Dannenberg said.

The passenger, identified only as A. Chernopup, was aboard a recent flight from Moscow to the Siberian city of Nizhnevartovsk, Dannenberg said. She said the crew belonged to another airline, Aviaenergo.

Seeing that the crew were intoxicated and were not fulfilling their duties, Chernopup asked to be served by a sober and competent flight attendant, Dannenberg said. He was then beaten up by crew members.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17