ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure..Another drinking Thread...Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
August 11th, 2004 04:07 PM
egon nank, what are YOUR thoughts on these breezer drinks?

drink of gods or piss for pussies?

discuss!
August 11th, 2004 05:45 PM
beer pussy stuff, sorry egon.
August 11th, 2004 06:41 PM
nankerphelge Don't much care for them breezer type thingys.

The only hard stuff I like is Irish Whiskey on the rocks.
Oh and maybe the occasional tequila drink -- Rio Grande here in Virginia makes these frozen tequila/sangria swirly things -- quite refreshing but they make me hump people's legs like a dog!

August 11th, 2004 07:16 PM
gypsy Speaking of dogs, where in the hell has Maxy been hiding?
Is there another rugrat on the way? Is Maxy the biological father?
August 11th, 2004 08:07 PM
LadyJane Ahhhhh...this is why I love RO....4 posts in a row by 4 of my very favorite posters. And just read the content...sheer lunacy.

It's cocktail time!! I shall hoist to egon, beer, nanky and gypsy!!!

Cheers!

LJ.
August 11th, 2004 08:10 PM
stewed & Keefed And don't forget a good drop of rum
August 11th, 2004 08:14 PM
LadyJane Rum?? Oh S&K, rum has an extra special place in my heart!

I'll hoist to you as well!!

LJ.
August 12th, 2004 06:35 AM
egon nank, beer, stewed & lj,
those were some mighty fine quality posts!
i shall have more than 1 drink to your health tonight.
August 12th, 2004 09:52 AM
nankerphelge Had three Heineken's last night with dinner.

And I'm telling y'all -- I have a sixth sense -- "HSP" Heineken Sensory Perception -- I can tell when I have left a lone soldier in the back of the fridge -- my mind thinks in sets of six -- sure enough -- found a MIA back behind the leftovers.

So, I ended up with 4 in me!

August 12th, 2004 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Had three Heineken's last night with dinner.

And I'm telling y'all -- I have a sixth sense -- "HSP" Heineken Sensory Perception -- I can tell when I have left a lone soldier in the back of the fridge -- my mind thinks in sets of six -- sure enough -- found a MIA back behind the leftovers.

So, I ended up with 4 in me!

Oh my God !!!!! " H.S.P. " ..........that ranks right up there with " I.P.S. " ( Inflatable Party Sheep ) .

Nanky , your story about the " found " missing Heineken is so beautiful that I'm crying tears of joy --- I don't know WHY I am so Happy !

You are much loved by The Joey !

Jo Jo Bean
August 13th, 2004 09:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, it's Friday 9:30 est. I hope I'm not the only one getting an early start. (I suppose it's getting nearly quitting time in Europe. )
August 13th, 2004 11:05 AM
egon this dutch captain gave me a case of Grolsh today (dutch beer which is hard to find in france)

so guess what i am drinking while still in the office?

Free beer, i'm very excited!!!!
August 13th, 2004 11:58 AM
nankerphelge Beer always tastes better at work.

'Specially Grolsch -- that's yummy.
Are they the big ones with those little ceramic flip top lids?

I had free beer last nite at work too -- Heinekens no less!!

One of those attorney receptions where you are supposed to hob-nob (not nob-gob) with the other attorneys.

Not me -- a big plate of shrimp, some chicken wings and 2 Heineys and I was off to my office to get happy!!

August 13th, 2004 11:59 AM
glencar "Nob-gob"? Did someone call Gov. McGreevey? LOL
August 13th, 2004 12:06 PM
egon that's a beautiful post nank.
and yes, those are the grolsh bottles.
as cute as those little heineken kegs
August 13th, 2004 02:22 PM
stewed & Keefed Hoorah its Stella time
August 13th, 2004 03:14 PM
Bloozehound Everytime I've tried Grolsh in those flip top bottles they've been sorta skunkbomb, but i tried a few fresh one's on tap in a resturant not long ago and they were pretty damned tasty

August 13th, 2004 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
that's a beautiful post nank.
and yes, those are the grolsh bottles.
as cute as those little heineken kegs

Let's all drink to
August 13th, 2004 03:29 PM
Some Guy 5 months sober today. Trust me I was the smokingest drinkingest MFer there was. Proud of myself. Only coffee today.
August 13th, 2004 03:34 PM
LadyJane Congrats SG!!! Good for you! I wish I had your willpower!

Your liver is thanking you...mine on the other hand is going

LJ.
August 13th, 2004 04:38 PM
nankerphelge HOUSTON (AP) -- Todd Krampitz's message to the world is simple: He needs a liver to save his life.

But the methods he is using to deliver his plea are unique, employing all the characteristics of a multimedia advertising blitz, including billboards, a Web site, a toll-free number and media interviews.

The two billboards, acquired at a large discount, along one of Houston's busiest freeways each announce "I Need A Liver -- Please Help Save My Life!" The Web site offers Krampitz's story and a flier to print out and post.

Krampitz, 32, was diagnosed in May with liver cancer and by July his doctors said only a transplant would save his life. He is hoping for a directed donation, meaning a family would ask that their loved one's harvested liver go to Krampitz.

August 13th, 2004 04:43 PM
Joey " He is hoping for a directed donation, meaning a family would ask that their loved one's harvested liver go to Krampitz. "

<---- I like that phrase " Harvested Liver " .

Me too little fella .... Perhaps I should open up me very own " Liver Farm " .

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

August 13th, 2004 06:07 PM
gypsy Some Guy, I miss your Van Halen avatar.

LJ, I just sent you an e-mail. Hope you get it.
August 14th, 2004 12:12 PM
nankerphelge Not sure what I'm drinkin' yet.
But I'm drinkin'!

Got to work bright & early only to find that no one else was in, and no one bothered to tell me that they weren't coming in!

Boy did I feel stupid!

And if I'm gonna feel stupid, I'm gonna get stupid!
August 14th, 2004 02:20 PM
glencar Todd Krampitz got his liver transplant. Others down there are upset because there's a waiting list of 17,000 people who need livers & this guy cut the line.
August 14th, 2004 02:21 PM
glencar Nanky, I was down in Myrtle Beach last week & drank plenty of Newcastles. Nice!!!! But now you've switched to Grolsch I see. Bah humbug!
August 14th, 2004 04:34 PM
nankerphelge No I didn't switch to Grolsch -- I still drink Newcastles!

I just like Grolsch.

I sincerely apologize about all the confusion I caused!

August 14th, 2004 06:07 PM
luxury1 I quit, again. I am suffering from a two-day hangover and I am going to start whining now.........
August 14th, 2004 07:44 PM
LadyJane Once I settle down, say some prayers for Charlie, no say some prayers for all of us..I'm hitting the Vodka with a fury!!! What's an Irish Catholic to do in times of trouble..pray and drink!!

Something has been "off" since yesterday morning...Two bad days in a row. I need to numb myself.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
August 14th, 2004 07:53 PM
gypsy Me too, LJ. Been having a bad last two days.
My dad called late last night to ask me to give him a ride home from this rough bar called "The Other Place." Yeah, so now that's on my Caller ID. I was all done cleaning house, had taken my shower, and was ready for bed, and Jason had just come home from work...and I was so glad to finally get to spend some time w/ him. But no such luck. I started crying, so Jason volunteered to give my dad a ride...which I felt bad about...knowing that he's worked so much all week and was tired. Then, much to my dismay, Jason gets home a couple of hours later--and a little drunk.
Now, it's Saturday night, and Jason's buddy from work called and asked him to go to the ZZ-Top concert w/ him...his psycho girlfriend decided not to go at the last minute. So, I'm all alone...and feeling depressed. I took the dogs jogging so I'd get some endorphines going...but then it started to rain on us.
Blah...this weekend sucks...I should have just stayed in Missouri.
Okay, I'm being dramatic...these are all trivial things. When I think of what Charlie is dealing with, my problems are nothing. But it felt good to vent a little.
LJ, I'm sending you good thoughts too.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17