ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure..Another drinking Thread...Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 22nd, 2004 06:22 AM
egon the kronenburgh truck rolled hard & fast into the pub last night.

coffee...
May 22nd, 2004 06:38 AM
stewed & Keefed Same here.....really bad head.....back to the pub in 1 hours time God I hate weekends.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
May 22nd, 2004 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
God I hate weekends.

It hardly matters anymore. Every day is a weekend.
May 22nd, 2004 11:43 PM
LadyJane Sat. night...Birthday Buzz (Whoa!!)..Handsome Girls Disc 4.

Life is good tonight!!

LJ.
May 23rd, 2004 08:23 AM
egon since it wasn't really your b-day last night i only had 4 heinekens. i'll make up for it tonight. happy b-day once again!
May 23rd, 2004 08:42 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
since it wasn't really your b-day last night i only had 4 heinekens. i'll make up for it tonight. happy b-day once again!

egon..does that mean I have to drink more tonight than last night???

I'm in BIG trouble.

Thanks for the good wishes.

LJ.
May 23rd, 2004 08:49 AM
egon nope, don't worry. i am good to go for tonight.
just called the pub, and they advised the beer's cold and ready to be served.
May 23rd, 2004 12:59 PM
nankerphelge Hey moonie:

ST. PAUL, Minn. � Police are investigating the death of a circus performer who fell around 30 feet onto a concrete floor during a show at the Xcel Energy Center.

Dessi Espana (search), 32, a second-generation performer with the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus (search), was doing an aerial ballet without a net when she fell about 3:15 p.m. Saturday. She died about 10:20 p.m., authorities said.

"We are starting an investigation into the death," police Sgt. Rick Klein said late Saturday. "We don't suspect foul play but we will be trying to collect the rope or (part) that broke."

He said the city's licensing department would most likely look into the accident to determine whether there were any violations.

Shaken witnesses, who included many children, described the scene: Espana was upside-down, hanging on to long chiffon scarves by her legs and twirling around. Suddenly, a scarf loosened at the top and Espana plunged to the arena floor.

Espana was taken to Regions Hospital about 12 minutes after she fell.

Witnesses had different accounts of how she landed -- headfirst, on her stomach or on her back.

Immediately, there was silence. Clowns came out in what circusgoers described as an attempt to draw attention away from the scene. That worked for some of the younger children, but not for everyone.

"A little girl behind us asked, 'Is she still alive?' " said Kim Golembeck, of Big Lake, whose 3-year-old son didn't realize there had been an accident. "It was hard to hear."

Laurie Burnham and her 10- and 12-year-old daughters left after the accident because they were so upset about what they saw.

"They were really distraught, especially because the ringmaster started up again like nothing had happened," said Burnham, of St. Paul.

A performer on an adjacent piece of equipment was not injured, said Alexis Copeland, spokeswoman for the circus.

----------

Probably pushed by one of them damn midgets...
May 23rd, 2004 01:01 PM
LadyJane Somebody tell me something? Is it just me or does Handsome Girls make the alcohol and chiba stronger?

I know...I'll listen to it TOTALLY straight and see if I catch a buzz.

Nah..not tonight. Tonight I shall listen to 40 Licks and think about the next Tour. Last night it was Rum. Tonight, I'll open that bottle of Grey Goose Vodka.

LJ.
May 24th, 2004 05:38 PM
egon HEY!!!

This is slipping to page 2 again.

Remember, i'll be away on holiday for a week, so I won't be able to keep an eye on all of you.

Now go and drink you bastards. Drink and be marry!
May 24th, 2004 06:12 PM
nankerphelge I don't know if I have ever mentioned it, but Newcastle Brown Ale is really a fantastic brew!

May 24th, 2004 11:20 PM
gypsy I think it's the other way around, LJ...chiba and alcohol make Handsome Girls stronger.

Nice find, nanky. So, did the reporter(s) find it odd that the mother and her two daughters left the show after the death of a performer? I mean, were they supposed to stay and enjoy the rest of the show?
May 25th, 2004 06:54 AM
nankerphelge I think people go to the circus to see people fall.
I know that sounds odd -- but why do people watch NASCAR?
If you watch the highlights on the news, they always show crashes!
If you watch hockey highlights they show fights.
If you watch baseball, they always show someone getting beaned and storming the mound!

Our vote-'em-off-the-island mentality loves to see people fuck up!

Remember howe excited we all were at the prospect of jb getting caught sharpening his pencil at work!!!

May 25th, 2004 09:35 AM
Joey " Our vote-'em-off-the-island mentality loves to see people fuck up! "

See Bushie43's poll ratings ..........................

Drip .....................

Drip ......................

Drip ........................

LBJoey !

May 25th, 2004 06:17 PM
nankerphelge NEW ORLEANS - A judge was kicked off the bench Tuesday for flagrant and repeated drunkenness while on it.

Monty L. Doggett cannot run again for judge for at least five years, the Louisiana Supreme Court said in a unanimous ruling. Before he can run, it added, the Supreme Court must certify him as eligible.

As a district judge, Doggett issued arrest warrants when he was too drunk to read them, and sometimes was so drunk that court was canceled, the ruling said.

It listed five cases in which the judge's alcoholism caused significant delays.

"Although we feel compassion for Judge Doggett's struggle to maintain sobriety, we must, first and foremost, consider the grave implications which this misconduct casts upon the judiciary," it said.

A call to the only Monty Doggett listed in Natchitoches was answered by a recording. The call was not immediately returned.

Doggett was once so drunk that his staff "cleared the public from the hallways outside his courtroom so he could be carried out of his office by sheriff's deputies" � and this was before 10 a.m., it said.

Attorney Charles Whitehead Jr. testified that the drunk judge's decision in one case was to point at him and say, "You win."

"Mr. Whitehead, himself a recovering alcoholic, testified that he offered to take Judge Doggett to Alcoholics Anonymous but that Judge Doggett never responded to his invitation," the high court said.

The Supreme Court had suspended Doggett with pay in December 2002 � a month before he was to begin his second term � until its proceedings were complete. After a hearing in October, the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana recommended removal.

The Supreme Court said the investigation started with a complaint in June 2002. That October, it said, "Doggett admitted that he is an alcoholic and has been so for more than thirty years" with both relapses and "significant periods of sobriety."

It described a problem dating back to 1969, when Doggett was 18, and listed many of the times he had been treated. The most recent, it said, was an involuntary commitment from Feb. 28, 2003 to May 31, 2003, from Talbott Recovery Campus in Atlanta.

Doggett said he hasn't drunk since, a statement the commission accepted.

He contended that he shouldn't be removed because his behavior wasn't willful. That didn't matter: it brought his office "into disrepute," the high court said.

Doggett also claimed that, since he was re-elected after his alcoholism was made public, his constituents knew about his problem and didn't care.

The high court said that it isn't clear that the general public knew just how bad the problem was � and that didn't matter, anyway. A judge can be disciplined for violating the code of office "even if his constituency condones such behavior," it said.

Doggett is only the second Louisiana judge ever disciplined for behavior caused by an alcohol problem, the high court said.

The other was a city court judge suspended without pay for six months "for, among other things, striking a law enforcement officer at a public festival and using profane language toward the officer and others."

That judge pleaded no contest to battery and disturbing the peace.

He was never accused of drinking on the job, and reported himself to the Judiciary Commission, the high court noted.
May 25th, 2004 07:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels So he was drunk. I always thought that in order to decrease the crime rate they should take judges off salary and put them on straight commission....they would get a certain percentage, lets say 25%, of all the fines they generate.
May 25th, 2004 08:41 PM
luxury1 I think I have to quit drinking. I cant remember anything from the night, I consistently lose my shoes --(although this ailment is hereditary, as does my 14 yr old son),I am lousy in bed cus the room spins and I fear throwing up.
So dont be looking for any more posts from yours truly here. (give me a week to come to my senses).
May 25th, 2004 08:43 PM
parmeda You have less than a week, lux!

There's a holiday approaching quite quickly if I remember correctly
May 25th, 2004 08:53 PM
LadyJane Oh hell...I swore off drinking this morning and I just made a drink..cause my very favorite TV show..24..is about to rock with the Season Finale.

LJ.
May 28th, 2004 06:53 AM
nankerphelge Wow -- page 2 again -- can't have that on a Fryday!

Had some Heinekens last nite in celebration of my daughter's 14th B'day!!

And a whole lotta food tossing at one of them there Japanese steakhouses!!
May 28th, 2004 09:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Wow -- page 2 again -- can't have that on a Fryday!

Yes. But for a few diehards this thread would die it's natural death on page 2-3-archives. Maybe people are more health-aware nowadays.
May 28th, 2004 09:40 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes. But for a few diehards this thread would die it's natural death on page 2-3-archives. Maybe people are more health-aware nowadays.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZE!!!!!!!

Hunker down and file this dickhead motion by end o' biz today and it is off to, uh......that one place where they give you booze all the time.....oh yeah, THE BAR! YEAH, FUCKING THE BAR! Thats where the fucking BOOZE is at! YES!
May 28th, 2004 09:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
.....oh yeah, THE BAR! YEAH, FUCKING THE BAR! Thats where the fucking BOOZE is at! YES!

Well last year they outlawed smoking in bars where I'm at. Consequently I quit going to bars.
May 28th, 2004 09:47 AM
Joey

" Jaggerbombs " and Heinekens tonight ..................................more powerful than Heroin ( I wouldn't know though -- never tried Heroin ......................and you ?!?! ) .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Bercee !
May 28th, 2004 09:54 AM
nankerphelge Health conscious my ass!

I mock those that prolong the inevitable!!

Drink early!
Drink often!

My mother quit drinking and smoking at about age 50!

She is now in the advanced stages of Alzheimers, can't spell her own name, and spends most of her days in bed!

What the fuck good did it do her?

Me?
I'm drinking Newcastles until I can't spell my own name!
I will die before 50 and I don't care because I have lots of insurance and am worth more dead than alive!

Rehab is for quitters, Ronald!
May 28th, 2004 10:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Health conscious my ass!

I mock those that prolong the inevitable!!

Drink early!
Drink often!

My mother quit drinking and smoking at about age 50!

She is now in the advanced stages of Alzheimers, can't spell her own name, and spends most of her days in bed!

What the fuck good did it do her?

Me?
I'm drinking Newcastles until I can't spell my own name!
I will die before 50 and I don't care because I have lots of insurance and am worth more dead than alive!

Classic Bravado. LMAO.
May 28th, 2004 10:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Well one could check into rehab under a fake name. Celebrities do that all the time. In fact I don't even think even in AA one has to use their own name.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 28th, 2004 10:32 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
You could check into an AA meeting...."Hello I'm Wankerphelge and I'm an alcohlic."

He can do that here. He does do that here! What the fuck does he need an AA meeting for?
May 28th, 2004 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
He can do that here. He does do that here! What the fuck does he need an AA meeting for?

Probably he doesn't. But it's better to deal with ones inner demons directly in the long run. At least that's what they tell me. Personally I'm a procrastinator....I'll deal with that stuff later.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 28th, 2004 10:51 AM
not bound to please
quote:

Maybe he doesn't. But it's better to deal with ones inner demons directly in the long run. At least that's what they tell me. Personally I'm a procrastinator....I'll deal with that stuff later.

But - can't alcohol do a good job of unleashing them in the first place? How are you supposed to deal with them if they're in hiding?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17