ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure..Another drinking Thread...Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 26th, 2004 02:39 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Why are men such idiots when they're drunk?

Come to Joey .............................

July 26th, 2004 02:46 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Hey guys! I got completely wasted last night at the high school reunion. Had a fucking blast. This millionaire dude gave me the keys to his Hummer...and

Was this your twentieth reunion ?!?!?!

{ CA - RACK }

( **** Joey now hunched over his computer with a big smile on his face and giggling to himself **** )

Baby Jo Jo !

July 26th, 2004 07:59 PM
stewed & Keefed Iv'e just got in from a great night out with my mates,lots of Stella and Rum.going to bed now(head spinning lol maybe
won't go to work tomorrow .

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
July 27th, 2004 03:43 PM
gypsy Hey guys! I'm at my best friend's house...she's a hot half-Korean chick...known her half my life...and, no, joey, we have not experimented with one another.

Having fun here...I'll try to pop in when I can.

I miss y'all.
July 27th, 2004 03:49 PM
Joey [quote]gypsy wrote:
Hey guys! I'm at my best friend's house...she's a hot half-Korean chick...known her half my life...and, no, joey, we have not experimented with one another.

/quote]

You make Joey sad .

July 29th, 2004 05:15 AM
stewed & Keefed Day of work today Lager Frenzy
July 29th, 2004 08:12 AM
egon i wish i had a day of work today... and tomorrow!

i think i'll be paying my little green friends a visit this evening.
[Edited by egon]
July 30th, 2004 01:27 PM
egon what a surprise, no one's drinking?!

oh wait, someone IS drinking;

ME!

July 30th, 2004 01:56 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
egon wrote:
what a surprise, no one's drinking?!

oh wait, someone IS drinking;

ME!

And me !
July 30th, 2004 02:18 PM
LadyJane Give me time....Once work is done and I hit the gym...it's FRYDAY night...and I'm drinkin'

Gulp..Gulp

LJ.
July 30th, 2004 04:41 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
.it's FRYDAY night...and I'm drinkin'

Gulp..Gulp

LJ.

Me too ...........................

What ?!?!?!?!?! .........Oh , .............SURE :

Bill Wyman is sorely missed as he was the perfect compliment for Keith and Charlie. Sadly, he has become somewhat bitter in his later years,, but perhaps it's his way of coming to terms with his decision to leave the band...Although these guys all made a lot of money and lived the lives we can only dream of, I can understand how being ignored all those years could cause him to have these misguided feelings....As for MT, the comments were in 75 when he, and we, all thought he had great things to come...sadly, his solo career never took off and I trust deep inside, boring or not, he has reservations about his career choices...nonetheless, the man was the greatest musical force to ever play with the band.

Thank You !

Fly !
August 2nd, 2004 07:29 PM
stewed & Keefed Today I have mostly been drinking alcohol he he
August 2nd, 2004 09:05 PM
LadyJane Just taking my first sip of the evening....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LJ.
August 2nd, 2004 09:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ohhh....my aching head. I quit drinking as of this moment. Must go to bed now.
August 3rd, 2004 03:13 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
This is why I love this place.
Rankings of the best drinking airports!

Don't forget New Orleans -- very impressive!

Can anyone point out to me what's wrong with this post?

Well, let me spell it out for you...
Look at the date.
Note that it was on page 11 of this thread.
Take a closer look at pages 12 & 13...nothing, NOTHING!

Mr. Nankerphelge? Have you stopped drinking?
I am concerned...and I can IMAGINE what sirmoonie is thinking right about now, lol

Do we need an intervention?
August 3rd, 2004 04:21 PM
nankerphelge No dear -- in fact, I had a few Brown Ales for lunch today.

Also packed away a scary amount of red wine over the past few nights!!

I've just been very very busy with a crazy work schedule and a lot of other crap!

Thanks for the concern tho!
Drink on people...
August 3rd, 2004 04:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I've just been very very busy with a crazy work schedule and a lot of other crap!

Yeah, this guy's wife monitors his internet.
August 3rd, 2004 04:53 PM
egon nank is back!

drinks are on me.
August 3rd, 2004 05:03 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
nank is back!

drinks are on me.

Hi Egon ...............
August 3rd, 2004 05:04 PM
egon how goes buddy?
August 3rd, 2004 05:05 PM
LadyJane What a relief!! I thought "the Devil" had turned in his horns!!! Not to mention I had all of my 401K stock transferred to Newcastle Brown Ale!!!

Egon's buying....I'll have a double!!

LJ.
August 3rd, 2004 05:07 PM
nankerphelge My wife does indeed monitor the internet.

As well as my credit card statements, my cell phone bills, my chiba consumption, my ATM withdrawls, and my car mileage.

I am also pretty sure that a few years ago, when I was passed out, she installed an AIGPS (Anally-Imbedded Global Positioning Satellite) system.

That way she knows where my sorry ass is every second of the day!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 3rd, 2004 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

I am also pretty sure that a few years ago, when I was passed out, she installed an AIGPS (Anally-Imbedded Global Positioning Satellite) system.................

You make Joey smile .
August 3rd, 2004 08:59 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No dear -- in fact, I had a few Brown Ales for lunch today.

Also packed away a scary amount of red wine over the past few nights!!

Thanks for the concern tho!
Drink on people...

Well, amen to that!
Glad to hear you still have a pulse and the strength to lift 12 ounces
August 3rd, 2004 09:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ancient Peru's Ritual
Beer Binges
BBC News
8-3-4

Archaeologists from the United States have uncovered an ancient brewery in the mountains of southern Peru.

The huge brewery was discovered by researchers at Cerro Baul, a religious centre for the pre-Inca Wari empire.

It is believed to have been used to brew vast quantities of a spicy, beer-like alcoholic drink called "chicha" and served to hundreds at one sitting.

It is thought that the fermented drink, made today with corn, was used for ritual intoxication by the Wari people.

The University of Florida says its archaeologists from the Field Museum in Chicago have found at least 20 ceramic 38- to 57-litre vats at the site of the brewery.

"You get the idea that this is massive production, not just your basic household making beer to consume by itself," Susan deFrance of the University of Florida says.

Ritual drinking

The brewery, some 2,440m up in the Peruvian Andes, could produce as much as 1,000 litres of the drink a day.

Such quantities were needed to fuel alcohol-based gatherings organised by the elite of the Wari empire which took place in purpose-built drinking halls.

Each Wari noble would have consumed up to 10 litres of "chicha" per ceremony.

The researchers also found fire pits fuelled with animal dung apparently used to boil water and other ingredients including fruits, grains and seeds used to make the drink.

The Wari civilization thrived from about AD700 to AD1000, conquering all of what is now Peru before a mysterious and dramatic decline.

The Wari empire went out with a bang, researchers say.

"They knew they were pulling out and they had a big bonfire," Field Museum spokesperson Greg Borzo says.

They destroyed the site in an elaborate closing rite, setting fire to the entire brewery and throwing their ceramic drinking vessels onto its burning embers.

� BBC MMIV
August 4th, 2004 05:35 AM
beer At this moment, there are people consuming narcotics in my kitchen, the music is blasting, and i just wanna go to sleep.
August 4th, 2004 09:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
They destroyed the site in an elaborate closing rite, setting fire to the entire brewery and throwing their ceramic drinking vessels onto its burning embers.

Who knows maybe they all got suddenly involved in some kind of ancient Andean 12-step program.
August 4th, 2004 09:49 AM
nankerphelge Either that or they realized they were drinking Miller Genuine Draft.

UGH

I'd burn the brewery too....
August 4th, 2004 09:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Either that or they realized they were drinking Miller Genuine Draft.

UGH

Yeah, UGH is right. I drank that stuff once I think.

August 5th, 2004 07:17 AM
egon one word; Heineken.

Another word; Bar.

And te last one; Tonight.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17