ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure..Another drinking Thread...Part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
June 8th, 2004 12:20 PM
Joey

Off to Lunch .................................

If anybody needs me I will be at P.F. Changs

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERKY !
June 8th, 2004 05:56 PM
egon
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

catching up on drinking or posting

both i hope, though mainly the drinking.
June 8th, 2004 06:00 PM
nankerphelge Had a few Newcastles today -- nothing crazy -- couple at lunch!!

I'm way behind!!
June 8th, 2004 06:19 PM
LadyJane What does one do when they have some time to kill at the airport? Well...find a bar with an internet connection!!

Sipping a Rum and Coke and posting on RO.

Okay...this is a huge airport. Probably hundreds of gates. What gate number did LJ's plane arrive?? C10!! Howe appropriate??? LMAO.

LJ.
June 8th, 2004 10:37 PM
parmeda LadyJ...that's a scary f*ckin' omen if I ever heard of one!
LMAO...

Hope you made it home safe.
I expect a full report in the morning
June 9th, 2004 12:18 AM
LadyJane I guess it wasn't such a good omen after all. I JUST GOT HOME!! 2 1/2 hour delay!

That equals a total of a 5 hour layover!!

Needless to say...the Rum wore off, and the coffee took over.

But I'm home safe and sound.

LJ.

Pammy..I nearly died laughing when I saw the "C10" sign. People were looking at me like I was a total lunatic!!
June 9th, 2004 05:03 AM
stewed & Keefed

Enjoy
June 9th, 2004 05:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man I got drunk last night and fell asleep at the work bar.
June 9th, 2004 06:34 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I got drunk last night and fell asleep at the work bar.

That's my boy
June 9th, 2004 08:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man Steve, GET BACK TO WORK!
June 9th, 2004 01:22 PM
sirmoonie Man, me and my buddy mainlined some primo meth last night. Thats stuff will fuck you up. FUCK you up! I busted about 300 square feet of kitchen ceramic tile off the back of my neck. You should see his garage! Busted tiles, beer cans, blood all over the fucking place. Just hilarious.
June 9th, 2004 01:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Man, me and my buddy mainlined some primo meth last night.

It must be nice.
June 9th, 2004 01:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

It must be nice.

Seriously, what does Ninea Abs Shea Monkee mean?
June 9th, 2004 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

June 9th, 2004 02:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Please tell me what it means. Please?
jb Late start today?
jb IT'S SIMPLY A FORM OF MASTERBATION MOONIE.
June 9th, 2004 02:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
IT'S SIMPLY A FORM OF MASTERBATION MOONIE.

What do you mean? I don't get it.
June 9th, 2004 02:49 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Please tell me what it means. Please?

You May NOT Touch My Monkey !!!!!

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!!!!

Ninea !
June 9th, 2004 02:52 PM
Bloozehound I know what it is & where it came from, but I ain't tellin until sirmoondiggity posts the lyrics to Witchy Woman and sings them outloud to himself 3 times
June 9th, 2004 02:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

You May NOT Touch My Monkey !!!!!

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!!!!

Ninea !

What language is that?
June 9th, 2004 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

What language is that?

Das Rhineland
June 10th, 2004 05:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man I got drunk again last night. Didn't fall asleep this time.

I can't beleive how much fucking work I have to do today! I have to write, like 50 cheques!
June 10th, 2004 10:14 PM
nankerphelge From NICK PARKER in Portugal

ENGLAND fans will be allowed to smoke dope before Sunday�s crunch clash with France � to keep them calm.

Cops in Lisbon plan to crack down on drunk supporters while turning a blind eye to those spotted puffing on a spliff.

Pot-smoking fans have been assured they will not be arrested, cautioned � or even have their drugs confiscated.

Last night experts said the Portuguese police�s �Here We Blow� policy would reduce chances of a punch-up between rival fans.

Alan Buffry of the Legalise Cannabis Alliance said: �If people are drinking they lose control, if they smoke cannabis they don�t.

�Alcohol makes fans fight. But cannabis smokers will be shaking hands and singing along together.�

Dutch police used a similar policy in Euro 2000 and England�s hooligan element were too stoned to fight.

A Lisbon police spokeswoman said: �If people cause a problem through drugs and become a menace then police will take action. But when this doesn�t happen why should the police be the ones making the fuss?�

More than 600 officers will be on duty for England�s opening group game at Lisbon�s Stadium of Light.

Fans who seem to be drunk may be breath-tested and refused entry.
June 10th, 2004 10:57 PM
gypsy Sirmoonie, have you ever smoked meth through a straw out of the bottom of a broken lightbulb? I suggest you try it sometime...
June 11th, 2004 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Well, I'm certainly not an authority on these matters but I think it means that Friday Night is here again. Which always kind of puzzled me, as I've always wondered about the weekly horoscope and the weekly cycle. Why Friday/why Friday night?
June 11th, 2004 02:30 PM
nankerphelge More Americans are abusing alcohol than in the 1990s, but fewer are technically alcoholics, U.S. government researchers said on Thursday.

They found that the number of American adults who abuse alcohol or are alcohol dependent rose to 17.6 million or 8.46 percent of the population in 2001-2002 from 13.8 million or 7.41 percent of the population in 1991-1992.

The researchers cannot say why heavy drinking is up, but attribute much of it to the Rolling Stones website Rocks Off.

"The fact that alcohol disorder rates are highest among young adults underscores the need for concerted research on drinking patterns that initiate in adolescence," said Dr. Ting-Kai Li, Director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

The NIAAA study defines alcohol abuse as causing a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home; interpersonal social and legal problems; and/or drinking in hazardous situations.

Alcohol dependence, also known as alcoholism, is characterized by impaired control over drinking, compulsive drinking, preoccupation with drinking, tolerance to alcohol and/or withdrawal symptoms, and high volume posting on the drinking thread.

Across the decade, the rate of alcohol abuse increased to 4.65 percent of the general population from 3.03 percent, while the rate of alcoholism fell to 3.81 percent of the general population from 4.38 percent, Li's team reported in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence.

The survey was done by the U.S. Census Bureau (news - web sites), which interviewed more than 43,000 people face to face.

The survey found men more likely to abuse alcohol than women and people aged 18 to 44 were more likely to abuse alcohol than older people.

"Alcohol abuse is more prevalent among whites than among Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians. Alcohol dependence is more prevalent among Native Americans, Hispanics and whites than among Asians," the NIAAA, one of the National Institutes of Health (news - web sites), said in a statement. Stones fans are particularly at risk!

"That rates of dependence overall decreased is not surprising in light of other surveys that indicate a decline in heavy drinking," said Bridget Grant, who led the study.

"That alcohol abuse seems to be increasing presents intriguing questions. What is clear is that no single environmental cause can explain the increase other than listening to Brown Sugar. Further research is an important public health priority."

June 11th, 2004 03:08 PM
jb What's your new firm paying you?
June 11th, 2004 03:26 PM
LadyJane Nice editing Nanky!! LMAO.

BTW..I see I am tied with Joey and Nanky in the post total. One behind Sirmoonie and two behind egon.

I feel so special!!!

LJ.

Ooops..guess I just broke the tie with this post!

HA!!

June 11th, 2004 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Nice editing Nanky!! LMAO.

BTW..I see I am tied with Joey and Nanky in the post total. One behind Sirmoonie and two behind egon.

I feel so special!!!

LJ.

Ooops..guess I just broke the tie with this post!

HA!!

Tied with http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=142454

Joey?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17