ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 1 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th June 2007 10:52 AM
Jeep Most of the pictures posted yesterday night are available here in bigger size and without watermarks.
28 photos on 2 pages :

http://portfolio.sudpresse.be/main.php?g2_itemId=6338
6th June 2007 11:01 AM
Sir Stonesalot When The Rotten Belly Blues Band played the other night, I decided to do a tribute to Keith(I'd just seen his Teague Sparrow act the day before...great!). So I bought a big bottle of Sunkist Orange Soda...and had the bartender make me Keith's Toxic Waste.

Lemme tell ya...it ain't easy to play well when you have that shit pumping through yer brain. All I have to do is keep the beat, and that was a struggle...I can't even imagine trying to play a guitar while on that shit

However, I will say this....That crap is DELICIOUS! And it's really a good thirst quencher too. It gets hot up there under them bright lights...and that stuff really hits the spot.

Unfortunately, the price you pay is that you don't play quite as well as you normally do. Eh, I was in a bar full of drunken rednecks...I don't think they could tell the difference. If I had been in a bar full of drunken Stones fans...the story would probably be quite different.

Drunken Stones fans know their shit from shinola!
6th June 2007 11:22 AM
polytoxic
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I feel that Keith's drinking has had a disastrous affect on his playing for the last couple of years. This was also on display during the last leg of the North American tour. Many people thought that it was due to his fall from the palm tree,but I think the true reason was more likely than not his Toxic Waste consumption. The problem is that he is one of the Glimer Twins so there is really nobody in a position to challenge him on this obvious fact. Too bad. For a guy that has always seemed to cherish the Stones' legacy much more than the other Glimmer Twin he seems to be the one letting that very legacy down. I also wonder how much of an effect that the arthritis is having. It may be a case of Keith self medicating because of the arthritis. Either way it is not a good sign. Hopefully he can pull it out of the fire sooner rather than later. A setlist like this one certainly deserves better from the Human Riff.

Riffy

It sure does. I can't figure it out. The arthritis must be just fucked I guess. That and maybe he can't even out his drinks with blow anymore because of the fall, I dunno. It sounded like he had some good licks in Some Girls from what I saw of the videos. But sometimes it seems as if he's not even "feeling it", which is the buzzkill. If he was really into the groove but sloppy here and there that would be Keith, that would be rock'n'roll. Oh well, first show, there's still time I guess. On the upside -great setlist - Ronnie seems to have come around, Mick is the fucking man (but get rid of the headset mike!!!!), and seeing them on stage still makes me smile.
6th June 2007 11:41 AM
nasalwizard Maybe becuase Keith cant do coke anymore due to the fall the alcohol is taking hold , i think he has looked and sounded a lot more drunk than usual since the accident. Lots of alcohol and weed and no cocaine to sober up...i think this tour is not looking so good now. I really hope they pull something special out of the bag at IOW festival on Sunday, I would imagine most of the auidence and the bands playing have never seen the Stones and if the Stones put on a performance like last night they will be laughed at .I really hate being negative but this just can not be ignored anymore, i find it hard to believe that someone in their management has not had a quiet word with him or his wife
6th June 2007 11:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Mick is the fucking man (but get rid of the headset mike!!!!)<

A-fuckin'-men to that.

I would also suggest that Mick get rid of all the shiney Lounge Lizard Vegaswear. His clothes have really been looking ridiculous lately.

Fortunately, he's one of the few performers that can make you forget how retarded he looks just by being so fuckin' good.
6th June 2007 12:01 PM
Nellcote **This is a message from the emergency broadcast system**

It's The Stones, dammit, warts, booze & all.
When they are gone, all of this will be forgotten.
In the meantime, enjoy it, for The Stones on a bad night beat the stuffing out of most bands on their best nights...

**End of message**

You may now return to your regular programming.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.

6th June 2007 12:04 PM
sssoul Paint It Black, your photos are beautiful - thank you!
thank you Gypsy & Jeep & all too, for the cool photos.
6th June 2007 12:14 PM
mrhipfl Satisfaction is the easiest song to play in the world. If he can't play it, he shouldn't be on stage. simple.
6th June 2007 12:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot >for The Stones on a bad night beat the stuffing out of most bands on their best nights...<

If we are talking 5-7 yrs ago, I would agree with that statement.

I no longer agree with it now, however. The decline has been rapid, and shockingly obvious.

It used to be that the Stones would have a few off nights here and there during the course of tour. The rest of the time they were great. Now, it seems we only get a few great gems, shows when the entire band is firing on ALL cylinders, over the course of an entire tour. It's almost like getting what used to be considered as a mediocre show, is now considered a "good" show. We keep lowering our standards.

The boots that I heard from the last US leg of the ABB tour were, for the most part, atrocious when compared with Licks shows. And Licks wasn't that long ago! Licks was pretty solid, with some really great shows mixed in, and very few "off" nights. And now with ABB, it's been mediocre at best on most nights, with a smattering of solid shows mixed in, and a very very few really great shows...and a whole shitload of "off" nights.

This distresses me.

I don't know what the answers are...maybe they should play better...maybe they should actually play their instruments? If they can't play their instruments anymore on a nightly basis...then perhaps it's time to go to a different approach to touring.
6th June 2007 01:03 PM
Moonisup good and honest post SS!

Rik
6th June 2007 01:25 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Mick is the fucking man (but get rid of the headset mike!!!!)<

A-fuckin'-men to that.

I would also suggest that Mick get rid of all the shiney Lounge Lizard Vegaswear. His clothes have really been looking ridiculous lately.

Fortunately, he's one of the few performers that can make you forget how retarded he looks just by being so fuckin' good.

Mick wears women's clothing...that's why you hate it SS.

I LOVE the outfit and would wear it! Indeed!

xxoo,
Martha
6th June 2007 01:49 PM
Bitch
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's The Stones, dammit, warts, booze & all.
When they are gone, all of this will be forgotten.
In the meantime, enjoy it, for The Stones on a bad night beat the stuffing out of most bands on their best nights...

Agreed! You can include the wigs, bad hair and bad clothes, but at least there are no complaints about the setlist!
6th June 2007 01:57 PM
luxury1 Keith has been "hit and miss" all his guitar-playing life. I think he is actually attempting to play these songs differently, kinda experimenting on us, so to speak, and sometimes it works, and sometimes, well....

It's the ugly ticket prices that has me more upset than shoddy performances. ANd the huge stadium gigs. I tend to agree with Nellcote. I love 'em, warts and all, and will so miss them when they are done and gone. (did I just write some poetry?)

Paint it Black?? I think Mick missed his cue, and Keith and he were then trying to get it together, and it sorta came out all awkward. I kinda liked what Keith was doing on guitar in the very beginning of the song, before Mick was to come in.
6th June 2007 02:11 PM
voodoopug Those videos were humiliating. If any true stones fans are praising this type of crap, then I beg you to at least raise your standards up a little bit. They should be embarrassed to perform like that!
6th June 2007 02:25 PM
FotiniD
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I kinda liked what Keith was doing on guitar in the very beginning of the song, before Mick was to come in.

Me too! There's always a different, kind of 'deeper' feel when PIB comes along in the set.
6th June 2007 02:47 PM
gimmekeef Is there a detailed review from someone at the show with good sound and sight? Lotsa indication Keef was off badly but I'd rather here it from one of our own that was there.
6th June 2007 02:48 PM
pdog I hope people feel that they got what they paid for... If not, where does this leave us as fans?
6th June 2007 02:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat What would 2 Copenhagen tix be worth today? 10 bucks? Anyone?
Sir Stonesalot >but at least there are no complaints about the setlist!<

Well, what good is a great setlist if they butcher the songs up?

Look, I've ALWAYS stuck up for the Stones continued playing of the "warhorses". They HAVE to play them. The warhorses, for the most part, are what the Stones are readily reconized for, and they're what 95% of the crowd has paid to see. The Stones are positively 100% correct to play those warhorses every show.

When you botch up songs that you should be able to play in your sleep....then there is something big time wrong. Especially when people are paying a weeks wages or more for a single ticket. When you plunk down that kind of cash for a show, the level of expectation is that the songs...especially the "warhorses"...are played properly. Put the "experimentation" in soundcheck or rehearsals...not in the show. Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women...you start messing with them, and all of the sudden...they aren't Rock n Roll masterpieces anymore. A thousand bar bands play them better...because they play them the way the were recorded. And like it or not...bored with them or not...that is how those songs should be played. And that is how the vast majority of the audience wants them to be played. So quit fucking around and play them right. I mean, holy crap, how many hundreds...even thousands...of times have they played those songs? They used to play them spot on every night. Now they routinely fuck them up every night.

There's no fuckin' excuse for it. None.

And no, I will NOT give them a break for being old, or sick, or drunk, or whatever other excuses you asskissers and apologists want to come up with. If they are the Greatest Rock n Roll Band on the Planet...then fucking PLAY like it, and if they can't or won't play like it anymore, then they ain't the Greatest blah blah blah. And that's the bottom goddamn line.

I love this band, and I always will...but I'll not be making excuses for them. In fact, I love them enuff to let them go. Maybe more of us should love 'em that much too.
Mel Belli
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
Maybe becuase Keith cant do coke anymore due to the fall the alcohol is taking hold , i think he has looked and sounded a lot more drunk than usual since the accident. Lots of alcohol and weed and no cocaine to sober up...i think this tour is not looking so good now. I really hope they pull something special out of the bag at IOW festival on Sunday, I would imagine most of the auidence and the bands playing have never seen the Stones and if the Stones put on a performance like last night they will be laughed at .I really hate being negative but this just can not be ignored anymore, i find it hard to believe that someone in their management has not had a quiet word with him or his wife

The idea of doing cocaine to "sober up" makes me realize that I've lived quite a sheltered life ...
6th June 2007 02:52 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
Paint.It.Black wrote:
My photos on flickr:

Keith Richards & Mick Jagger

Ron Wood & Keith Richards

Ron Wood

Mick Jagger

Keith, Mick & Ron

For more and higher resolution pics check my flickr account

Pib

WOW!! that middle one of Keith with Ronnie's profile is SUPERB!! They all are, thanks so much for sharing them!!
6th June 2007 02:55 PM
Moonisup In the meantime, enjoy it, for The Stones on a bad night beat the stuffing out of most bands on their best nights...

what a bunch of crap.
they sucked, but let's not stick our heads in their asses. So Sad

I'll always love stones music, but its sad.
Artists same age as the stones rock more and harder, quality wise then them. The Who, fogerty, Dylan, etc.
The stones is nothing more then Mick Charlie and the backing band.
[Edited by Moonisup]
6th June 2007 02:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>but at least there are no complaints about the setlist!<

Well, what good is a great setlist if they butcher the songs up?

Look, I've ALWAYS stuck up for the Stones continued playing of the "warhorses". They HAVE to play them. The warhorses, for the most part, are what the Stones are readily reconized for, and they're what 95% of the crowd has paid to see. The Stones are positively 100% correct to play those warhorses every show.

When you botch up songs that you should be able to play in your sleep....then there is something big time wrong. Especially when people are paying a weeks wages or more for a single ticket. When you plunk down that kind of cash for a show, the level of expectation is that the songs...especially the "warhorses"...are played properly. Put the "experimentation" in soundcheck or rehearsals...not in the show. Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women...you start messing with them, and all of the sudden...they aren't Rock n Roll masterpieces anymore. A thousand bar bands play them better...because they play them the way the were recorded. And like it or not...bored with them or not...that is how those songs should be played. And that is how the vast majority of the audience wants them to be played. So quit fucking around and play them right. I mean, holy crap, how many hundreds...even thousands...of times have they played those songs? They used to play them spot on every night. Now they routinely fuck them up every night.

There's no fuckin' excuse for it. None.

And no, I will NOT give them a break for being old, or sick, or drunk, or whatever other excuses you asskissers and apologists want to come up with. If they are the Greatest Rock n Roll Band on the Planet...then fucking PLAY like it, and if they can't or won't play like it anymore, then they ain't the Greatest blah blah blah. And that's the bottom goddamn line.

I love this band, and I always will...but I'll not be making excuses for them. In fact, I love them enuff to let them go. Maybe more of us should love 'em that much too.

great fan, great post 100% true
can;t put it better
[Edited by Moonisup]
6th June 2007 03:06 PM
Stray Cat UK Keith's performance is a disgrace If he can't improve on this ,they should CANCEL THE TOUR and call it a day.

He is my hero but he's got to put up or shut up.

If he plays like that at the IOW their reputation will be in tatters.

VERY VERY SAD. I HOPE IT'S ONLY A LAPSE.

sc uk
6th June 2007 03:07 PM
GotToRollMe This reminds me of last September at Giants Stadium. Keith was shockingly off. At the time I thought it may have been due to the head injury, but now I'm more inclined to think he was "self-medicating" for his arthritis, besides just being up to his old tricks. By the time they hit AC in November, the guy looked like he could lift a battleship and his playing was the best I'd heard all tour. I just hope he gets it together soon...like now.
6th June 2007 03:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

what a bunch of crap.
they sucked, but let's not stick our heads in their asses. So Sad

This reply, is a reply to who moonisup replied too.... Just and FYI, I read this after I posted and it sounded like I was really replying to moon, and noth the original one they replied too.
Read on...

Can you be a bit more specific for me. I don't go to nearly as many shows any more, but I still try to catch as many as I can... and a pretty decent mix of styles. Punk, country, rock... and bands of all ages too... what bands are you comparing The Stones too...
I saw a very wasted DBT's show a few weeks ago, and they played great, and they were not sober...
My thoght is, the Stones, especially Keith, have gotten so many passes for being just Keith, that no one actually says to him, you are blowing it man.
Have we become mass enablers for this rich old drunk, and shell out between $100 to $500 a ticket, in the hopes he doesn't fuck up? That's insane... I was a bit slower at reaching my point of disgust, and still try to hold out hope, then, get smacked in the face with reality... I only need remember the last minute AC cancellation and Keiths shitty playing in Oakland last year, before I think about spending money again... There was a point yesterday, when I wanted that olf feeling, and wished I could figure out a way to see them in Europe... I'm just chasing a feeling... I wouldn't go to europe to see what I saw last year in Oakland, I wouldn't pay for it at least... I know i sound all hostile and angry at them, and I don't want to be, but at the same time, I need to be honest with myself... Either Keith needs to be more professional at these prices or if he just isn't able to play b/c of his health, he needs to stop... Enjoy his life...
How as the most passionate, dedicated fans of this band, deal with this.... It's starting to feel a bit like the line to drink the kool-aid.
[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
6th June 2007 03:12 PM
Nellcote SS, I respect your passion for music, Lord knows from the bands you follow, you know your music.
In my eyes, seeing the Stones now, with Keith on his nuclear phase, is not much different than when he was chasing the horse when I saw them in '72. Sometimes great, sometimes off. Still the best band on the planet live.

You know something Moony boy, life is sad.
Someone else has the happy meter, which is
not swinging your way with the Stones.
After all, if you are upset, there's always Golden Earring, who are still rocking 40 years on, playing Radar Love to adoring cougars all over Holland....

6th June 2007 03:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
SS, I respect your passion for music, Lord knows from the bands you follow, you know your music.
In my eyes, seeing the Stones now, with Keith on his nuclear phase, is not much different than when he was chasing the horse when I saw them in '72. Sometimes great, sometimes off. Still the best band on the planet live.

You know something Moony boy, life is sad.
Someone else has the happy meter, which is
not swinging your way with the Stones.
After all, if you are upset, there's always Golden Earring, who are still rocking 40 years on, playing Radar Love to adoring cougars all over Holland....

I can agree and understand to a point. That point being that it was 72, not 2007, and the cost of a ticket, from now to then would be like paying $25 for a gallon of gas... If it is the same gas, I'm walking and spending my money somewhere else... That's just me... I can do that, and still ove this band til death, do us part, just I'm keeping the money, as Keith suggested in 2005.
6th June 2007 03:19 PM
Martha Goddammit to hell. I hate hearing Keef was drunk as a skunk. I've seen that firsthand and remember feeling embarrassed for him at the time. Alcohol is a VERY strong drug. I know another professional musician in the bluegrass field of music who suffers the same disease and when he stood on stage blasted out of his gourd unable to play well (banjo) we (personal friends) would cringe throughout the performance. He was in Bill Monroe's band in the 50's but blew it when he didn't show up on time for a gig. The Father of Bluegrass ran his band like a tight ship.

Sadly alcohol has sank more than one ship.

Martha

6th June 2007 03:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Martha wrote:
Goddammit to hell. I hate hearing Keef was drunk as a skunk. I've seen that firsthand and remember feeling embarrassed for him at the time. Alcohol is a VERY strong drug. I know another professional musician in the bluegrass field of music who suffers the same disease and when he stood on stage blasted out of his gourd unable to play well (banjo) we (personal friends) would cringe throughout the performance. He was in Bill Monroe's band in the 50's but blew it when he didn't show up on time for a gig. The Father of Bluegrass ran his band like a tight ship.

Sadly alcohol has sank more than one ship.

Martha

Very true... being wasted when your 25 is different when you're 65 too. It's not as cute, and IMO, we've all learned over the years seeing so any die, that it isn't as cute at 25 as we once thought.
I just hope Keith knows that some of us think it is lame... Even if we are a minority...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)