ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
Đ Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 1 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th June 2007 07:00 AM
corgi37 It's like i am in some bizarro world. I cannot beleive that set list!

Thank God no Miss You. And ycagwyw not being played is no big deal either.

Bummer about Keith.
6th June 2007 07:38 AM
Gazza Some video clips from UrbanSteel on IORR

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,728638
6th June 2007 07:44 AM
Paint.It.Black
6th June 2007 07:45 AM
Paint.It.Black

6th June 2007 07:48 AM
Paint.It.Black

These were all video's I made yesterday, including a complete version of Paint It Black, enjoy.

Pib
6th June 2007 07:49 AM
Dux_Delux I was there and I've gotta agree, Keith was wasted, he couldn't remember the lyrics of 'I wanna Hold you', he sung the first verse, the second one he did like 'nnn nnn nn got no money' and the thirt one he just put a guitar solo in. But hey, that's Keef... The setlist was great CYHMK, Ronnie's solo was excellent. The sound was good, way better than last year in Amsterdam, anyway, very good concert, hope to see them again...

Btw, I've got some good video's of the band introducing ronnie, charlie and keith. Keith's verry cool:"good evening, it most be good 'cause i'm here... one love"
[Edited by Dux_Delux]
6th June 2007 08:01 AM
Gazza thanks for the reviews and videos, guys
6th June 2007 08:04 AM
Gazza Stones gig sparks 50km tailback

Sir Mick Jagger performing at the concert in Belgium

Veteran rockers the Rolling Stones played in front of 33,000 fans as their European tour kicked off in Belgium.
Interest in the concert, held in the town of Werchter, caused a traffic jam which extended for 50km (30 miles).

The Belgian press greeted their performance with rave reviews, with De Morgen calling it a "triumph".

The Stones' 30-date show takes in new venues for the band including Serbia and Russia, with three dates at London's O2 arena in August.

The latest leg of their A Bigger Bang tour will also take in France, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Ireland, Germany and Scandinavia.

Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary are also on the itinerary.

Their concert in the Serbian capital Belgrade was due to take place at the city's racecourse, but was moved after fears that it would upset 300 horses in nearby stables.

Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards performing at the opening gig

More than 80,000 tickets are being sold for the 14 July gig.

The band's previous world tour in 2006 became the biggest-grossing set of gigs in history, making more than $100m (Ģ50m).

This weekend, the Rolling Stones are to headline the Isle of Wight festival, their first UK festival appearance since Knebworth Fair in 1976.

Sir Mick Jagger has said that "it would be great to do Glastonbury" in the future.

He recently admitted that the band's carbon footprint was "rather enormous" due to their extensive touring, but added they started taking measures to offset it three years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6725831.stm

6th June 2007 08:11 AM
Gazza

Pic from our good friend Chris Wouters from RSFC Belgium

6th June 2007 08:18 AM
Paint.It.Black My photos on flickr:

Keith Richards & Mick Jagger

Ron Wood & Keith Richards

Ron Wood

Mick Jagger

Keith, Mick & Ron

For more and higher resolution pics check my flickr account

Pib
6th June 2007 08:24 AM
Pierre Satisfaction version is a disaster ! See how Mick looks at Keith... Ronnie seem to encourage Keith.
6th June 2007 08:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great clips and pictures PIB and great pic Chris Wouters, thanks a lot!
6th June 2007 08:38 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Paint.It.Black wrote:
My photos on flickr:

For more and higher resolution pics check my flickr account

Pib

Lots of nice shots there! Thanks!

6th June 2007 08:43 AM
Gazza More trivia for those who wonder how regular some of these songs have been over the years

2. Shattered was pretty much ever present from 1978 through 1982. Was dropped in '89 after opening night when the power failed half way through it and wasnt played again until 1994, being performed at about half of the Voodoo Lounge tour shows. Aside from only two appearances in 1999 and 4 in 2002, it was pretty much ignored until 2005, being in and out of the set on the current tour.

4. Rocks Off - every show in '72 and the Winter '73 tour, then rested until Voodoo lounge, when it was played pretty regularly. Rested again until Licks (35 apearances), played occasionally on ABB.

5. Heartbreaker - played on opening ABB show at fenway Park and was then the ONLY song on the show replaced for the 2nd night (making way for 'Bitch'). Cant recall if it was played again until tonight. Dont think it was. Was alternated with "dancing with Mr D" in Europe '73, played at half of the shows in the US in '75, a third of the Voodoo Lounge shows and then four times in Europe 2003.

6. Some Girls - debuted on No security tour US 1999 and was a regular on that tour. Three performances on the Euro tour that summer (Stuttgart, Imst and Shepherds Bush) and apart from the second Beacon show on 1.11.06 hasnt been played since prior to tonight

7. Waiting On A Friend - Tonight was the first time this song has ever been played outside of North America and only its 5th appearance in 25 years. As far as I can see its only ABB tour appearance was in Milwaukee on 8.9.05, the performance being simulcast as part of a live broadcast for a Hurricane Katrina benefit event. Played regularly on the 1981 US tour, but dropped for Europe'82 and not played again until its 3 US appearances in 1997, the last one being the version on the St Louis PPV which ended up on No Security.

8. CYHMK - played at half of the Licks shows in 2002-2003. Aside from that, a couple of times in 1971 only.

10 - I'll Go Crazy - Live debut, unless you count the rehearsal performance a few days ago, which wasnt a live concert as such.

11 - Wanna Hold You - only ever played in 1997 & 1998. last performance was Istanbul September 1998.

14. Its all over Now - Played on about two thirds of the Voodoo Lounge shows, which aside from the LA & hawaii shows in January 1973, have been its only appearances since the mid 60's. Last appearance before tonight was Rotterdam 30.8.95 - final night of VL tour.

Only three of the 20 songs performed last night were released post-1981. And two of them were the songs Keith sang. Considering "Start me Up" and "Waiting on a Friend" were actually written in the early and mid 70's, "Rough justice" is the only song sung by Mick last night that was written less than 30 years ago.

(Sources - my own setlists page on RO and henrik Mlder's excellent "Love You Live" site - http://home.wanadoo.nl/hendrik-mulder/ )

[Edited by Gazza]
6th June 2007 08:44 AM
GotToRollMe GYPSY! Tremendous pics! Thank you!
Thanks to everyone who posted pics and reviews.
6th June 2007 08:54 AM
chevysales
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Final confirmed setlist

1. Start Me Up
2. Shattered
3. Rough Justice
4. Rocks Off
5. Heartbreaker
6. Some Girls
7. Waiting On A Friend
8. Can't you Hear Me Knockin'?
9. Tumbling Dice
10. I'll Go Crazy

intros
11. Wanna Hold You
12. Slipping Away

13. It's Only Rock 'n Roll (to b-stage)
14. It's All Over Now
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky tonk Women (back to main stage)

17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

Encore :
20. Sympathy For The Devil

Text updates with thanks to Mr Jimmy

Photo by Yves Herman/Reuters

Stones are back, you bastards!

[Edited by Gazza]

damn... i'd take that setlist in a second!

nice one...
6th June 2007 08:55 AM
chevysales
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh my God, I'm SOOOOOOO jealous
This is GREAT! I love the internet!

men to women ratio in that pick must be like 500 to 1...
6th June 2007 09:05 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the great photos, Paint.It.Black!!!

I'll have to watch the videos at home... Damn IS department here at work is killing me!!!!
6th June 2007 09:42 AM
maumau
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Satisfaction version is a disaster ! See how Mick looks at Keith... Ronnie seem to encourage Keith.

hard to say from this audio quality
actually i had a completely different feeling
i like the band so close and mick not doing so much "mick poses"
and i really cant read much in his looks
could as well be just "give me the groove" "oh yeah bring it home" or anything else

on the contrary Brown sugar first chords are clearly pretty much butchered and also he clerly does not remember wanna hold you lyrics much and also, as usual lately, he doesnt play as he sings
6th June 2007 10:11 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:
More trivia for those who wonder how regular some of these songs have been over the years

5. Heartbreaker - played on opening ABB show at fenway Park and was then the ONLY song on the show replaced for the 2nd night (making way for 'Bitch'). Cant recall if it was played again until tonight. Dont think it was. Was alternated with "dancing with Mr D" in Europe '73, played at half of the shows in the US in '75, a third of the Voodoo Lounge shows and then four times in Europe 2003.

[Gazza]

Correction - this was played at Giants Stadium ABB tour September 15, 2005. I remember it because my daughter loves this song. We went to the show and I told her not to expect the Stones to play it, so it surprised me to hear it, and it rocked!
6th June 2007 10:11 AM
Bitch
Doo doo doo doo Heartbreaker

I found a different cover, & Heart Breaker is 2 words!

Thanks for the videos and pics guys! The band sounds a little rusty, but it's only opening night, give them time to oil the machine. The end of the last leg was much tighter than the beginning!

[Edited by Bitch]
6th June 2007 10:13 AM
marko Oh man,this is NOT what i wanna hear.Just awful,even sound
on the vids are usually bad.This was the WORST ever satisfaction.Then,keith didnīt play guitar at ALL during
wanna hold you,he ripped it off back in 1997-98,but thats
allready 10years ago.I can only hope this get even a bit
better.
I kinda liked much of 2005 fall,i can listen most of them
without having a pain in my ears.Everything from last year
was simply awful,and now,this sounds even worse.
I know the story " you have to be there".
But who says that actually really ENJOYS keiths todays
playing,is simply lying.his just AWFUL.
Thats not sir keef i wanna hear.My hopes are,that he gest
his act together,but i doubt it.
His on the island with parrots and pirates.
6th June 2007 10:16 AM
FotiniD PIB, 7 posts only so far, but what posts! Talk about quality! And another proof that we got the best rock photographers right here - better than pro's baby! Love the photos! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Hmm... things do seem a little weird in 'Satisfaction', don't they?
6th June 2007 10:17 AM
gimmekeef Youtube sound clips do not give us a true hear....However there is no mistaking Brown Sugar must be dropped...Keith cant flat out hit it anymore....Teeth grinding embarassing
6th June 2007 10:18 AM
Jeep Photos VRT TV :

6th June 2007 10:19 AM
LadyJane Thanks for the videos!!

Paint it Black was the best, imo.
Satisfaction....I cannot even discuss it. (Do we have an emoticon for tears?)
Some Girls a delight.

All in all I think it is what it is.

Mick and Charlie shine EVERY night.
Keith and Ronnie...you just don't know.

What we HAVE to bear in mind is that Keith STILL has it in him to really deliver (see Beacon show and AC II)

But last night, opening night, the Nuclear Wastes were clearly flowing heavily in the Rattlesnake Lounge.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
6th June 2007 10:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

What we HAVE to bear in mind is that Keith STILL has it in him to really deliver (see Beacon show and AC II)

But last night, opening night, the Nuclear Wastes were clearly flowing heavily in the Rattlesnake Lounge.

LJ.

That's what I think too. There are nights he's dynamite and others that he just ain't. All those years of abusing had to have an effect, I guess. I was hoping he would clean up a little, after the whole coconut incident, but sometimes I think he's either too trapped into his own image or way too addicted to alcohol to quit - or even think about quitting.

He's Keith, damn it. A straight Keith sounds like an impossible prospect, but the way things are going, and because he loves music, I think he should consider it. Reminds of me of Jane Rose's comment on 25X5, regarding the Toronto bust, that he was either gonna give up music or give up drugs, and since music was his life, he decided to quit the drugs (or so it goes anyway). Well, I do think it's another choice like this that has to be made, with alcohol this time.
6th June 2007 10:28 AM
nasalwizard Jesus christ after watching those clips i am shocked by Keiths performance. I bet Jagger was and is livid. Keith has been my hero since i saw him with the winos as a 15 year old boy in 1992.I hate to say it but if he cant play brown sugar and satisfaction why the hell is he on tour ?!. I could have played those songs better than him, it makes me feel really sad and i feel embarassed for the rest of them.I wonder what Keith himself thought of his playing, maybe someone should start watering down the nuclear waste
6th June 2007 10:37 AM
Moonisup please stop the "hey thats keith" shit, that's sad to do
He was drunk, fucked up, that's what happened. Let's hope he plays better on friday. but he's an alcoholic, so I don't know what to expect.

PIB, the intro sucked. A pitty that we couldn't hear mick sing!
[Edited by Moonisup]
6th June 2007 10:45 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
He was drunk, fucked up, that's what happened. Let's hope he plays better on friday. but he's an alcoholic, so I don't know what to expect.

I think that is exactly what we ARE saying, Rik!
We are in agreement.

I hope you get a more sober Keith on Friday.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)