ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 1 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th June 2007 06:30 PM
Angiegirl God, is it the 5th already? I totally forgot about the start of the tour, too busy working. Anyway, decent set for an opener methinks. But I'm not gonna miss anything by not going either.
5th June 2007 06:32 PM
TomL theres only 1 ABB song in that set, I'm pretty impressed and pleasantly surprised by the length of the show (I was dreading it would only be 18 songs) but what is a good mix of warhorses and album tracks that havent been played to death.

A QUOTE FROM GAZZA.

I could not agree more.
5th June 2007 06:33 PM
Limbostone Thanks for letting me (and others) copy!

Great effort Gazza.
And you're not getting younger either.

5th June 2007 06:36 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I am literally standing in my little "home office" applauding!!!!!!!!

I swear the God!!!!!!!

Sympathy for the finale?? Un-fucking-believable.

Europe...you got screwed last Summer.
They are back to win your hearts!!!!!!

LJ.

yeah, I can't imagine Sympathy being the encore
5th June 2007 06:38 PM
Martha I am sobbing with joy.

Meg I'm so happy you are hoping the pond for this.

On fire!

xo,
Martha

5th June 2007 06:51 PM
gimmekeef Did this really happen?....thanks for the great pics and fun with everyone...on with the reviews!
5th June 2007 06:54 PM
Gimme Shelter And they played "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" again!!! AWESOME!!!!!
5th June 2007 07:02 PM
stalemate97_2006 Wonderful setlist !!!
I hope they played most of them in Lyon

The stones are back !!!
5th June 2007 08:25 PM
pdog Is the recording available yet?
LOL!
I'm half joking... I saw a Roger Waters show go up on a tracker just a few hours after the show...
5th June 2007 08:39 PM
Erik_Snow Thanks Mr Jimmy, Gazza and all you others...great to read about the concert at RO
Very nice song-selection, at least the 1st half !
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
5th June 2007 08:44 PM
ebmp No Miss You

And no YCAGWYW
5th June 2007 09:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot This would have been an A+ setlist....but since there is no Midnight Rambler, the best I can rate it is an A-.

Oh, and Mick's weave was lookin' tight and fresh tonight. Those extensions must cost some big $$$. He should let Ronnie use his hair dude/dudette. Ronnies wighat is looking more and more obvious. Mick's people do a better job.

5th June 2007 09:57 PM
mandrack just got back,
I copy my post from iorr.org,
more details tomorrow,

BowieStone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just got back from the show.
>
> It was an aweful night, because of one man: Keith
> Richards. Completely drunk, didn't play one good
> note all night.
> Satisfaction: I never heard them (Keith) that
> bad.
> He completely messed up Paint it black, Sympathy,
> his own set, nearly everything.
>
> On the bright side: I was pleasantly surprised
> with Ronnie. He played good. His solo on Can't You
> Hear Me Knockin was great. Actually he played
> great all night. They should have turned his
> volume up and Keiths down. Ronnie looked really
> sober and focused. Great to see.
>
> Mick... ofcourse... excellent.
>
> Charlie missed some beats, but I can understand if
> you have a guitarist who ruines everything.
>
> The James Brown song was real fun. Heartbreaker &
> Can't You Hear Me Knocking were the highlights.
>
> But damn... Keith Richards...

Hello,
just got back from the concert.
Too tired for an extensive review now,

overall, the concert was great, enjoyed it,
setlist was excellent,
liked the sound on Some Girls, very punk,
Mick missed the verse with black girls wanna f......
SOund at the B stage was good (better than I saw last year), song selection also, Satisfaction worked very well at B stage

Atmosphere was positive, despite the awful choice for the location of the concert, lot of people were stucked up in the traffic,

it took me 3h to get there from Brussels (35km), and 2h to get back ;-(

The concert started around 22:10 and finished at 00:20.
My impression was that the place was pretty packed, would say more than reported 30-35,000 people in attendance.

Also, must agree with BowieStones about Keith Richards, most of the show he was out of tune/ or not playing, sorry if this will offend someone, but the playing was really below his normal/ average performance, though he improved towards the end. Just trying to be objecive here. More posing from him than Ronnie (so quite unusual)

Mick, Ronnie, Charlie and the rest - standard, Mick talked a lot,
Ronnie quite solid, Charlie, well, what to say, standard ;-)

Overall, good concert!
5th June 2007 10:07 PM
mrhipfl These reviews on Keith's playing sure are a buzzkill.
5th June 2007 10:29 PM
Riffhard I feel that Keith's drinking has had a disastrous affect on his playing for the last couple of years. This was also on display during the last leg of the North American tour. Many people thought that it was due to his fall from the palm tree,but I think the true reason was more likely than not his Toxic Waste consumption. The problem is that he is one of the Glimer Twins so there is really nobody in a position to challenge him on this obvious fact. Too bad. For a guy that has always seemed to cherish the Stones' legacy much more than the other Glimmer Twin he seems to be the one letting that very legacy down. I also wonder how much of an effect that the arthritis is having. It may be a case of Keith self medicating because of the arthritis. Either way it is not a good sign. Hopefully he can pull it out of the fire sooner rather than later. A setlist like this one certainly deserves better from the Human Riff.

Riffy
5th June 2007 11:09 PM
gypsy Pics courtesy of Benoit Doppagne:

This last one is my favorite:

5th June 2007 11:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great set and great pix! What da fuck, no Charlie yet? This was "The Charlie Watts Message board" for the last three days and now poor Charlie boy is ignored!!!

Thanks Gypsy, you gave us a great header to start!!
5th June 2007 11:58 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont know why but this thread made me excited
6th June 2007 12:10 AM
mrhipfl great pics! They all look better than they did the last leg
6th June 2007 12:47 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Just got another report telling Keith being totally wasted.
6th June 2007 01:16 AM
pdog This Keith news really blows... Takes all the wind out of my sails... I was hoping he would've stepped up and tried harder...

When pete Townsend said don't go out gracefully, this isn't what he had in mind.
6th June 2007 01:23 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Apparently Keith was very low in the mix and did not remember the lyrics of his songs...
6th June 2007 01:33 AM
pdog Then he can't even read anymore, they scroll on monitors right in front of him.
He better not Ozzy europe all summer long!
6th June 2007 02:20 AM
MikeyC613 dammit, keith.
6th June 2007 02:57 AM
FotiniD Great pics Gypsy, thanks a lot! That Ronnie - Keith one is my favorite too

As about Keith, guys, you KNOW how he is. He may screw it all up one night and then take us all by surprise the next one and deliver. Cut him some slack. We all have off nights.

Also, I'm not saying I don't trust you mandrack, but I'd like to wait to read more reviews. Sometimes you get so mixed up reviews after a gig, you think people were in different venues

For example, Georges Bon writes on IORR:
"Then after introduction, the highlight of the show was Keith himself. He looked as if he was drunk or something like that. His voice and his way to move were so different than they were last year. But, anyway, he played as good as usual. Keith is the greatest performer in the world. He sang I want hold you and Slipping away. He got a great ovation."

See what I mean?

Anyway, the tour is ON!! Arrgh, I'm getting the itch to search for cities, hotels, fares.... They'd better tour next year too, or else...
[Edited by FotiniD]
6th June 2007 03:41 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Keith - "Good evening - it must be good, because I'm here"

he's lifted that from the great Max Miller
6th June 2007 04:30 AM
nasalwizard Ronnie's wig is so obvious, im surprised his assistants or wife dont make it look realistic by thinning it out a bit. Micks wigs looks the better than Ronnies for sure. Keith was balding at his mums funeral and he now has a full head of hair !.I wonder who is the hair person on tour and if they have to sign something to say they wont tell anyone ??!!!. I cant beleive one of Micks conquests hasnt let the cat out of the bag
6th June 2007 05:00 AM
EELPIE
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
Ronnie's wig is so obvious, im surprised his assistants or wife dont make it look realistic by thinning it out a bit. Micks wigs looks the better than Ronnies for sure. Keith was balding at his mums funeral and he now has a full head of hair !.I wonder who is the hair person on tour and if they have to sign something to say they wont tell anyone ??!!!. I cant beleive one of Micks conquests hasnt let the cat out of the bag

correct
new rugs for sure
Micks had a very very good dye job and Ron and Keiths hairpieces are hillariously obvious but very well executed
6th June 2007 05:39 AM
mandrack
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Apparently Keith was very low in the mix and did not remember the lyrics of his songs...

Quite opposite, Keith was very high in the mix. The reason for someone to think that he was low, is probably because he didn't play much.
Hope this will change with the next shows,

anyway, overall, do not want now that this thread turn to blame Keith post, the show overall was great, and really belive that Keith will improve, anyone can have a night off ;-)
6th June 2007 06:50 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
mandrack wrote:

Quite opposite, Keith was very high in the mix. The reason for someone to think that he was low, is probably because he didn't play much.
Hope this will change with the next shows,

anyway, overall, do not want now that this thread turn to blame Keith post, the show overall was great, and really belive that Keith will improve, anyone can have a night off ;-)

Stupid me! I've always thought we paid them to play for us!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)