ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt 13th June 2007
© Getty Images with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews - Part 1 of 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th June 2007 05:31 PM
pdog you know you've had a great carreer when 35, 000 people show up... And still cheer their asses off even though you've fucked up playing a few times that night... Yeah, you've had a great carreer, now try doing this same thing without Mick Fucking Jagger onstage!
That's what I thought!
Kool aid line starts here!!!
[Edited by pdog]
6th June 2007 05:33 PM
_Boomy_ Bottom line is, we love the Stones.

In my case, love can not be blind! Keith didn't do too well in Louisville, and I was in the front row. I saw it, and I'm sure people are seeing it, but I'm sure it's not happening every night. Although, I think it is a damn shame if the only show you go to is disappointing. You gotta remember, we usually go to multiple shows (I went to seven shows during ABB), so we get the hit or miss.
6th June 2007 05:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
you know you've had a great carreer when 35, 000 people show up... And still cheer their asses off even though you've fucked up playing a few times that night... Yeah, you've had a great carreer, now try doing this same thing without Mick Fucking Jagger onstage!
That's what I thought!
Kool aid line starts here!!!
[Edited by pdog]

Oh P..soooooo true. And I know it pains you..the Keef lover..to say that!!

Now I think I will try to find those clips in these 16 odd pages of RO BS and see for myself..
6th June 2007 05:36 PM
Poplar
The last US leg of the tour started with some rough shows. People rushed to write the boys off and declare "the end." Well, truth is, keith brought ti back together, and played some damn fine shows before it was all over (Vegas, ACII, etc.) So - to use a phrase - it is what it is. Anyone who can't handle a bad show here or there should have jumped off teh train a LONG fucking time ago. And to say they're "done" because of a rough night or two has completely lost grip on the realities of 2007. gadzooks, watching everyone go from the highs to the lows and back again is getting kind of old. It's 2007. Keith is an old drunk - what the fuck do you all expect. Same story, different tour, later year. period.

6th June 2007 05:40 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Poplar wrote:

The last US leg of the tour started with some rough shows. People rushed to write the boys off and declare "the end." Well, truth is, keith brought ti back together, and played some damn fine shows before it was all over (Vegas, ACII, etc.) So - to use a phrase - it is what it is. Anyone who can't handle a bad show here or there should have jumped off teh train a LONG fucking time ago. And to say they're "done" because of a rough night or two has completely lost grip on the realities of 2007. gadzooks, watching everyone go from the highs to the lows and back again is getting kind of old. It's 2007. Keith is an old drunk - what the fuck do you all expect. Same story, different tour, later year. period.

How does Keith's ass smell?
6th June 2007 05:57 PM
Paint.It.Black Hi guys, thanks for the comments on my pictures and movies.

I put another movie from the Belgian television on YouTube: De Rode Loper

Pib
6th June 2007 05:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Theres one review on IORR...None I can find on Shidoobee from actual attendees....and here no formal review either (unless I missed it)..so.......either the absence of these is telling or we dont have the facts yet....Course when has that stopped us from babbling on...me included....

Theres plenty on IORR here - most of them brief, but certainly they are from attendees (starts on page 13)

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,727765,page=13

Mixed reviews in general, and most of them somewhat underwhelmed by Keith.
6th June 2007 06:07 PM
Poplar
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
How does Keith's ass smell?

please. what a sorry fucking response.
my post was nothing but the truth. It's ridiculous for people to be shocked and appalled that Keith turned in a sub-par performance. Sadly, it's to be expected. If you genuinely think Keith SHOULD be turning out masterpiece performances at this point, you're just mistaken. And as someone pointed out here long ago, they owe us nothing. People pay for the tickets on their own accord, not Keith's.
6th June 2007 06:14 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theres plenty on IORR here - most of them brief, but certainly they are from attendees (starts on page 13)

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,727765,page=13

Mixed reviews in general, and most of them somewhat underwhelmed by Keith.

I stand corrected....and saddened...and yet the glass truly is half full....Friday we do it again..something I didnt think would be possible in 2007....Loved em since 63 and I aint baling now..They've got a great setlist to build on..I'm confident Keith will get it together..I was in Toronto during the heroin bust and thought it was over then...I stood corrected....Rock On Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th June 2007 06:21 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Poplar wrote:
And as someone pointed out here long ago, they owe us nothing. People pay for the tickets on their own accord, not Keith's.

So in other words: they are not responsable for the shit they do on stage? And if you buy a ticket because you expect something you must not complain afterwards ? Even when some of the band members is drunk and doesn't even know how to play Satisfaction?

The Stones owe us good concerts even in 2007. If they are not able to they must stop right now.
6th June 2007 06:40 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I stand corrected....and saddened...and yet the glass truly is half full....Friday we do it again..something I didnt think would be possible in 2007....Loved em since 63 and I aint baling now..They've got a great setlist to build on..I'm confident Keith will get it together..I was in Toronto during the heroin bust and thought it was over then...I stood corrected....Rock On Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sad too...
6th June 2007 06:41 PM
Nellcote Lion, why do you think they owe anyone anything?
Because people bought their records, attended shows, bought swag?
I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to know what's turning your lights on that they owe anyone anthing?
6th June 2007 06:49 PM
akula If you are paying for a ticket, one would argue you are owed their "best effort". clearly, thats not what was given by Keith this time out..

IF It was his best effort, I'm scared.
6th June 2007 06:50 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Lion, why do you think they owe anyone anything?
I'm not being sarcastic, I just want to know what's turning your lights on that they owe anyone anthing?

Owe is a good word, it has many definitions... some don't apply, but in this case, this is one that does...

"to have a responsibility to do something to satisfy an obligation or duty"

When you sell something to someone, you are indebt to them. It is the responsibiltiy to provide the service. If you do a shitty job, then you have not fulfilled that obligation. Now in this sense, the product is live music, so it is very subjective as to exactly what is delivered and how it is recieved. And it comes down to the reciever to determine if they were given a good deal or not and in this case, if they would be a repeat customer. When you pay for a ticket, you are owed something. It is as debatable as many times, as there are people. Everyone has a different take. There is a point of consensus... And whether you like it or not. This is his fucking job... I know it feels like a job to him, and I know it's not all fun times being a rock star... If you get to a point where it sucks, and you're not into it, fine. If you show up and can't do it, fine. You're doing a shitty job. Shitty rings on ya Keef! Call a spade a spade... He is doing a shitty job, and he owes the paying crowd better... Or in my case, I'm keeping the money, man!
6th June 2007 07:14 PM
Poplar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Lion, why do you think they owe anyone anything?

seriously. we all know where they are now (career wise). It just boggles my mind that people could just expect brilliance every night. at this point, brilliance occurs on occasion, and we should be thankfull for that. To say: "they didn't blow my mind, and Kieth missed bunch of licks - they oughta stop right now" is to be in complete denial that it's 2007. No hard feelings Lion, I love these guys more than I should, but I learned long ago not to expect more than I should for as late in the game as we are. bless 'em.

and like i said earlier - Keith will bounce back soon, and this whole discussion will be shelved - until the next bad show.
6th June 2007 07:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot No Poplar...Keef hasn't turned in "a" sub-par performance. He's turned in a whole big pile of them. This is a continuation of a distubing pattern.

>What do you guys expect? Clarity and hitting the right notes night after night? <

Yes. I expect the band to remember how the songs go, when to hit the bridge, when the solo should come in, and how to play the fucking intros. Is that too much to ask for $300.00? Fuck man, I expect bands that I pay $8.00 to see to play the fuckin' songs right. And they do. Night after night.

I know it's shocking...but there are guitar players out there who are professional and remember how to play the songs every night. Even when they are only playing to 50 people in a smokey sweaty bar, and they do it for less than 1% of what The Stones get paid for a show.

What I pay to see and hear, is Rock n Roll. Rock n Roll music requires some effort on the part of the band. When your riff player decides for whatever reason that they are not gonna try, or put forth any effort, then yer getti ng ripped off....at any price. I see two Stones putting forth maximum effort every show. Mick and Chaz. Ronnie & Keith have been fucking about and coasting too often and it has become a very bad habit for them. They have all those backing musicians to use as a crutch. Without Keith and Ronnie playing loud and proud out front, it's become nothing more than a Broadway show or a Vegas revue minus the topless showgirls.

See, what pisses me off most is this....I KNOW that these guys can still bring the goods. Goods that no one else can bring. The problem is that some of them couldn't be bothered to make the effort to do it. And that is a crime against Rock n Roll, IMO.

I just want those guys to quit fucking around and play some fuckin' Rock n Roll.
6th June 2007 07:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

seriously. we all know where they are now (career wise). It just boggles my mind that people could just expect brilliance every night. at this point, brilliance occurs on occasion, and we should be thankfull for that.

Brilliance every night? No. People have off-nights. They're human. Thats acceptable enough, as are diminished skills due to age or ill-health. Besides, as we can see from reviews, what some people dismiss as terrible, other people are happy enough with.

Being in a fit and sober condition to perform in front of thousands of people who have paid good money to see you should be a basic minimum requirement, however. Obviously, we're not in a position to judge if Keith was ill or if he was just plastered, but if its the latter, no one should be making excuses for it.
[Edited by Gazza]
6th June 2007 07:47 PM
mrhipfl he actually sounded alright in the news video.
6th June 2007 07:54 PM
Erik_Snow yes that's true Gazza, at this point of their career, Stones can't "let it go" before the show like it was done in the past. Maybe Keith doesn't care for the modern day of touring, and is doing some kind of protest against that in his own way. Who knows what goes on behind the masks, or wigs, of Rolling Stones?
I just hope things will change as the tour progresses.
I read horrible reviews about last leg of ABB Europe, but when I finally get to see them, it was really good

[Edited by Erik_Snow]
6th June 2007 07:59 PM
stones40 Shit happens and all these f--king critical comments from folks that did not attend the concert.
When did you go to a 'Stones' concert and expect perfection - this was a live concert with the usual cock-ups
that humans err with but at the end of the day the majority of actual attendees thoroughly enjoyed the 'Stones' overall performance and the excellent choice of song played.
When one has attended umpteem concerts over the years by the 'Stones' i must admit that the expectency is that each member should perform to the highest calibre possible.
I recall being at Edinburgh in June 1999 and Ronnie Wood for the opening song JJF had no pic and tried to kid on that he had lost it and did not have a spare one.
Keef covered his ass throughout the concert so perhaps they all have off nights (apart from Mick & Charlie)when they need each other to lean on.
Fortunately the concert was not spoiled by an enabratiated Ronnie but when you are paying top dollar it is irrating when a band member does not play to the highest standard but the 'Stones' are human and have never been perfect (thank goodnes)
[Edited by stones40]
[Edited by stones40]
6th June 2007 08:25 PM
Poplar
I'm not making excuses for anybody.
just saying: the boys (Ronnie & Keith, really) have been turning in lame work - off and on - for a LONG time now. It's 2007, they're in their mid 60's... and here, the opening night of the Euro '07 tour exhibits the same trend, and people freak out. ridiculous. who the hell can possibly claim to be surprised by ANYTHING in those bad reviews? it is what it is now, and it isn't going to last much longer.

6th June 2007 08:37 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
stones40 wrote:

When one has attended umpteem concerts over the years by the 'Stones' i must admit that the expectency is that each member should perform to the highest calibre possible.

No.

One expects competence.

Something Keith is 50/50 on even his best nights in the last year. I LOVE the man. My eldest son is named Keith--but face it, the man HAS to stop drinking.
6th June 2007 08:43 PM
throbby This is a quite interesting thread. I think it better to refrain from comment on the performance until something a bit better than a cell phone recording is available.

It's funny, 33,000 at the show and I'm sure 33,000 different perceptions of what "actually" took place. Better to trust your own eyes and ears and understand the expectations that lay behind them.

Remember the first time you saw the Stones? How did you feel during and after the show?

Did you ever hear a boot of that show later? Did the recording do your memory justice?
6th June 2007 08:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
This is a quite interesting thread. I think it better to refrain from comment on the performance until something a bit better than a cell phone recording is available.

It's funny, 33,000 at the show and I'm sure 33,000 different perceptions of what "actually" took place. Better to trust your own eyes and ears and understand the expectations that lay behind them.

Remember the first time you saw the Stones? How did you feel during and after the show?

Did you ever hear a boot of that show later? Did the recording do your memory justice?

Throbby, you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom.

I have missed your posts.

LJ.
6th June 2007 08:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I'm not making excuses for anybody.
just saying: the boys (Ronnie & Keith, really) have been turning in lame work - off and on - for a LONG time now. It's 2007, they're in their mid 60's... and here, the opening night of the Euro '07 tour exhibits the same trend, and people freak out. ridiculous. who the hell can possibly claim to be surprised by ANYTHING in those bad reviews? it is what it is now, and it isn't going to last much longer.

The difference I see is, that when I was at shows and the wheels were falling off, they would try to steer the ship back on course. i would literally feel the energy. Like being in a car doing 100 plus mph and knowing you can fuck up a little but not alot, all the time getting off on the adrennilin rush... I haven't experienced that this tour... I saw fuck ups, but it wasn't the same... It is different for me. what I see now seems like it's par for the course... Booze, athritis or indifference. It just feels wrong... Having listened to hundreds of bootlegs from all eras and multiple shows of tours... This isn't the off night kinda flub. This is something ain't right... There comes a point with booze, that it causes permanent damage. And Keith is still drinking, everyday... When you're 25, you bounce back and it isn't so nasty. At his age, we are seeing the effects. Look at Ozzy... Keith is right there, just fucking out of it... And it is selfish, b/c he's not doing his job, and this is his job. Everything is taken care of, all he has to do is play. It is his job, and it is owed to the paying crowd. I took AC in stride, b/c they are old men, even though they fucked us for a movie. In Oakland, i saw Keith play part of the show, and his best was 50%. Which is good, b/c it is Keith... But still... I that is a the best it is going to get, it is not enough for me. I'm not paying money to see that. It's to sad for me.
6th June 2007 09:04 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

No.

One expects competence.

Something Keith is 50/50 on even his best nights in the last year. I LOVE the man. My eldest son is named Keith--but face it, the man HAS to stop drinking.

True... I keep bringing up Ozzy... Has anyone seen how he is... He's a mess. Coke and booze casualty, and Keith is starting to remind me of him alot. Especially that pre-tour message from some tropical place, with the cigar... Sure that was cute, but that's how he is 24/7...
and I'm not just talking about this latest show... I saw this decline really bad this tour. without Mick, who he slags all the time, Keith can't do shit. he would be boo'd off a stage... I wouldn't boo him, but I would have walked out. Mick is saving him, b/c Mick works the crowd, and Charlie and Daryl and ronnie are the band. Keith, my hero since before I could get a hard on, is a fucking mess and it is sad s hell.
6th June 2007 09:12 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
This is a quite interesting thread. I think it better to refrain from comment on the performance until something a bit better than a cell phone recording is available.

I don't know.. I've listened to the Philly 81 boots, and they were a bit of a train wreck, but I remember tht wreck, and they still mamnged to repair stuff in the moment... I'm not seeing that, at least I didn't this tour... It's more like oh well!
I will spin both Philly shows again tonight, for a memeory of the wreck of the old days....
6th June 2007 09:32 PM
gimmekeef The fact we give a shit enough to debate this means it will be alright....Saturday morning we'll be saying..Holy Shit...wish I was there...
6th June 2007 09:51 PM
Bitch They're a bag of nerves on first nights

Torn and Frayed!
6th June 2007 10:27 PM
pdog Keith was a bag of something... Everyone else seemed to have really benefited from the rehearsals.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)