ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's up with all the illegal immigration rallys Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
15th April 2006 01:44 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Aaaargh, Joe and Jerry are the worst. Thank God Remdawg more than makes up for those two. OK, maybe Castiglione is OK but where in the world did they dig up Trup?

you know...from

"way back....WAY back...."

15th April 2006 03:32 PM
rasputin56
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

you know...from

"way back....WAY back...."

I repeat, aaaaarghhhhhh.

15th April 2006 09:19 PM
Some Guy My car was washed by a mainly hispanic group of men.
15th April 2006 11:56 PM
The Bishops Daughter I think that the whole issue is clouded with emotion and rhetoric on both sides. America is a land of immigrants no one disputes this. But while protesting for and demanding for equal rights for "illegal aliens/undocumented workers" all immigrants should realize and respect the laws of the new country that they are trying to be a part of. Yes? No one would ever dispute the fact that most illegal/undocumented people are here for a better life and paycheck, but at the same time they need to come in the right way as not to put a strain on the economy and communities that they try to assimilate into. Most Americans just want the immigrants that want to come here to have all the rights AND responsibilities as the rest of the citizenry, why is that considered prejudice or bigotry?
16th April 2006 01:44 AM
pdog
quote:
The Bishops Daughter wrote:
is that considered prejudice or bigotry?

I love to hate, it makes me feel BAD!
16th April 2006 03:11 AM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:

I love to hate, it makes me feel BAD!

Hmmmmmmm . . .

Okay! That's it!

No more tequila for you!

No more margaritas for you!

No more cerveza for you!

No more tacos, burritos, tostadas, enchiladas, or nachos for you!

No more!

16th April 2006 02:39 PM
Taptrick
I tried to post this in a thread about America's living in Mexico but it was closed by the administrator. Actually I think Gorda's topic deserved it's own thread, but since it was discontinued I will post my response following:

Those Americans are there legally per Mexican law. But the rules for owning property are much more restrictive for legal Americans in Mexico than they are for illegal Mexicans in America. Again, it would be fair if America just adopted Mexican immigration and property laws right? I'm sure the Mexican immigration laws are very understanding of what Mexicans see as "illegals" crossing their southern border. No they are not. They are more stringent and consequential than American laws. Strange, no one ever addresses this issue.

16th April 2006 09:35 PM
gorda
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

I tried to post this in a thread about America's living in Mexico but it was closed by the administrator. Actually I think Gorda's topic deserved it's own thread, but since it was discontinued I will post my response following:

Those Americans are there legally per Mexican law.

But the rules for owning property are much more restrictive for legal Americans in Mexico than they are for illegal Mexicans in America. ??????

Again, it would be fair if America just adopted Mexican immigration and property laws right? I'm sure the Mexican immigration laws are very understanding of what Mexicans see as "illegals" crossing their southern border. No they are not. They are more stringent and consequential than American laws. Strange, no one ever addresses this issue.

First of all, illegal aliens cannot own property in the U.S. They can't get a driver license. If they have an accident, they cannot go to a hospital.

Furthermore, the illegal aliens crossing into Mexico are "just passing through", they are Guatemalans, Salvadoreans, Nicaraguans, etc. who are trying to make into the U.S. So, their ultimate goal is America!

And, yes, I heard that the Mexican border guards were shooting the Central Americans. That is horrific! But, I repeat, what control do the poor undocumented workers have over these Mexican guards?

(I have never denied that the Mexican government is full of corruption and injustices.)

P.S. I was born in the United States. I am an American citizen. I cannot own property in Mexico.

[Edited by gorda]
16th April 2006 10:06 PM
MrPleasant People suck. Everywhere.

Period.
17th April 2006 12:20 AM
glencar
quote:
gorda wrote:

First of all, illegal aliens cannot own property in the U.S. They can't get a driver license. If they have an accident, they cannot go to a hospital.

Furthermore, the illegal aliens crossing into Mexico are "just passing through", they are Guatemalans, Salvadoreans, Nicaraguans, etc. who are trying to make into the U.S. So, their ultimate goal is America!

And, yes, I heard that the Mexican border guards were shooting the Central Americans. That is horrific! But, I repeat, what control do the poor undocumented workers have over these Mexican guards?

(I have never denied that the Mexican government is full of corruption and injustices.)

P.S. I was born in the United States. I am an American citizen. I cannot own property in Mexico.

[Edited by gorda]

Of course they can go to the hospital. And they'll get free health care. Well, free for them. YOU'LL pay!
17th April 2006 12:33 AM
Taptrick Hi Gorda. Illegals do own property in the US. I am not an expert on the law but I do know whatever laws are relative, they are not strictly enforced if they exist. You can walk up and down my street on West Avenue J-10 in Lancaster, CA and meet illegal homeowners. I have a friend who lives across the steet and he was deported and still owns his home. He was arrested and reported his official address. They deported him and he simply returned back to the USA after a few months and rejoined his wife. Nobody ever checked to see if he had a legal mortgage or not. He has a driver's license. There are illegal workers all over the Antelope Valley in every type of business.

As far as medical care, actually the The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. In 2002 Congress studied the problem of the enormous ecomic toll the cost of paying for the medical, education, and social assistance of millions of illegal aliens. The Washington Times reported, "...There are no reimbursement provisions, though, and the poor, desperate job seekers infiltrating the United States usually have no money. It’s difficult to determine how much the situation costs border hospitals in a given year. For one thing, doctors don’t ask the nationality or legal status of patients. Still, administrators at 16 border hospitals recently tracked the expenses incurred from treating indigent and uninsured foreign nationals over a three-month period. The cost: $44 million. In testimony last week before a subcommittee of the House Government Reform Committee, Mr. Dickson reported that uncompensated costs attributed to "Border Patrol apprehensions" and "compassionate entry trauma" have risen more than 400 percent over the last four years. "Border Patrol apprehensions" refers to what critics say is a deliberate Immigration and Naturalization Service policy of avoiding payment for the care of injured or sick illegal aliens that Border Patrol officers track down. The officers refuse to officially apprehend such victims. They take them to area hospitals for treatment, and since the victims are not officially in INS custody, the agency isn’t legally obligated to foot their bills."

$176 MILLION JUST FOR 16 HOSPITALS IN A YEAR. That doesn't even count cost incurred in the thousands of other treatment venues, education costs, and social assistance programs thjat are paid for and provided to illegals. The economic cost is easily a billion a year when yo total everything.

I am not taking a point of view relative to immigration. I would try to better my life as well, and borders would be irrelevant to me if I needed to move. But I am observing and pointing out that I don't think the situation will be able to continue. It either has to be considerably slowed or the economic system of southern California will eventually collapse, ultiimately leaving the area no econimically different than Mexico, as those who are shouldering the burden of paying the costs will simply leave. It' basic Atlas shrugging.

[Edited by Taptrick]
17th April 2006 12:50 AM
gorda Are you sure about all these statistics?

Because I am an American, born in this country. And, I can't afford to buy a house in California, not even a condo! And, I am a professional with two college degrees!

Also, every time, I go to the doctor or hospital, the first thing, they ask for is my Social Security number and my insurance information.
17th April 2006 12:51 AM
Taptrick
Hi Gorda. Me too. I can't afford to buy....yet. But I am still hopeful and trying. I sent you a PM as I am interested in your thoughts. I hope you find time to respond.

17th April 2006 01:02 AM
gorda So, what is the solution?
What do we do?

Sometimes, when I go to Mexico, and I see these little kids working, it breaks my heart. Little kids bagging groceries, hoping for a tip. Little kids selling gum and trinkets to tourists. Even braiding hair! Yes, Indian girls will braid your hair in a bunch of little braids. (Corn rows like Bo Derek.) Doing anything to survive! And, what are they going to do when they grow up? It's so, so sad.
17th April 2006 07:09 AM
bon jovi "Green cards? We ain't got no green cards. We don't need no green cards!I don't have to show you any stinking green card!"

http://www.darryl.com/badges/mov.ph...sierramadre.mov

Sorry.I couldn't resist.
17th April 2006 08:05 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
gorda wrote:

If they have an accident, they cannot go to a hospital.

Bull...the health care costs are high in no small part due to health care provided to illegal aliens....even small hospitals in the northern US have to treat these people every day...on that score, you are simply wrong
...my wife deals with dozens of such patients a week....

17th April 2006 02:36 PM
gorda I will repeat this again and again:

People that are well-read and well-traveled are usually not racist. Also, the younger generation is more open-minded and accepting!

SO, GET WITH THE TIMES! BEING A RACIST IS NOT COOL!
17th April 2006 02:41 PM
gorda Go back and read a book about immigration in this country and the blatant racism that these immigrants suffered! Your ancestors!

Do any of you know where the term "WOPS" comes from?

It meant "WITHOUT PAPERS" and was used to refer to undocumented Italian immigrants.

What about those signs they used to state:

"IRISH NEED NOT APPLY"

17th April 2006 03:01 PM
gorda I used to enjoy coming into this website. I love the Rolling Stones!

But, now with all these negative vibes, forget it.

I truly hope that you guys open your hearts and stop stomping on your fellow man who is down on his luck, because this life has many turns and maybe some day it will be you that needs help and you won't want people treating you this way.

Start by going back and researching your own family history. It would be interesting and a beautiful gift to pass on to your children.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/academic/...EllisIsland.asp

PEACE! LOVE!

17th April 2006 04:50 PM
Some Guy Sonny signed some new law today...
They had an anti illegal immigration rally downtown, a low turnout I think.
17th April 2006 05:17 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gorda wrote:
I used to enjoy coming into this website. I love the Rolling Stones!

But, now with all these negative vibes, forget it.

I truly hope that you guys open your hearts and stop stomping on your fellow man who is down on his luck, because this life has many turns and maybe some day it will be you that needs help and you won't want people treating you this way.

Start by going back and researching your own family history. It would be interesting and a beautiful gift to pass on to your children.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/academic/...EllisIsland.asp

PEACE! LOVE!

Gorda you're the one making a big deal about the racial aspect of this issue. To my mind this has everything to do with protecting the borders,and not the illegals per se. The immigrants that came through Ellis Island were legal by the way. They were documented,and became citizens of the USA. In other words they became Americans. The illegals today have shown no real desire to become Americans,but rather retain their Mexican heritage while sending most of their money back to Mexico.

We have thousands of illegal immigrants streaming across the border on a daily basis. If one of them is a terrorist I sure as hell want to know about it! That you want to make this about racism is crap! It has nothing to do with racism. It has everything to do with the right of The United States of AMERICA to maintain our sovereignty! That you can not seem to grasp this without resorting to race baiting is hard for me to understand.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
18th April 2006 05:55 PM
Some Guy not many Latinos seem to work at Starbucks
18th April 2006 06:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
not many Latinos seem to work at Starbucks

Latin countries include the following: Andorra, France, Italy, Moldova, Monaco, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Spain and Vatican City. It also includes some regions from other countries, such as Wallonia in Belgium and the French- and Italian-speaking cantons of Switzerland. These countries are members of the Latin Union.

18th April 2006 06:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and of course all Latin America that includes almost all of the countries south the US border. In one way or another also Québec in Canadá

...and the States of Florida, Texas, and Califonia between some others LOL
18th April 2006 06:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Latin countries include the following: Andorra, France, Italy, Moldova, Monaco, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Spain and Vatican City. It also includes some regions from other countries, such as Wallonia in Belgium and the French- and Italian-speaking cantons of Switzerland. These countries are members of the Latin Union.

this gringo done learnt something
19th April 2006 01:39 AM
gorda Voodoo, in the U.S. the term Latin and Hispanic are used to catagorize people that come from Spanish-speaking countries or with Spanish surnames.

P.S. But, I understand what you mean, you're referring to Romance languages, how Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian all derived from Latin.

P.S.S. I guess because I'm a woman, and like most women, I think with my heart. That is why, we, women aren't successful in business. Men, they can separate their emotions and apply "practical and logical" solutions to problems, no matter how cruel.

(One of my brothers was all, "Yeah, I think we should built a giant wall and keep the illegals out!"

I was so shocked and pissed!

And, he was all, "Gorda, you wouldn't leave the door to your apartment unlocked, would you? What's wrong with trying to keep our borders safe?)

WTF? This is my brother speaking!
[Edited by gorda]
19th April 2006 11:35 PM
Taptrick As OMC says:

"...it's the lingo of the gringo..."

cool song
20th April 2006 08:10 AM
Some Guy what would am talk radio be doing without this issue?
20th April 2006 12:43 PM
glencar You should see the politics boards!
20th April 2006 05:29 PM
Some Guy They say that the minutemen have given Bush till Memorial day to start to build a fence or they will do it themselves for $150.00 a foot, they are taking donations on their website
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)